Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: League Unleashed! (651)

Okay when PUSA gets around to dubbing this episode, they've got to name it "Sleep Talkin" for obvious reasons.

10 points to the first person who gets the reference.

Also what did Paul say to Ash? This is the first time in a while where we see Paul getting to Ash. He hasn't done that since the episode where he battled Brandon.

Nice to see him again. Ever since he made fewer appearances after their 6vs6 battle, the show had been lacking something, namely HIS presence. Which is what helped the majority of the sinnoh series.

Also did Team Rocket need THAT much screen time, they could've cut out 2 or 3 scenes of there's and it could have been added to Ash vs Nando, which was only exciting during Heracross vs. Kricketune.
    Note to the writers, if Team Rocket doesn't have that much screen time, they're not going to fall off the face of the earth.

I liked it.
    Of course it sucked that they cut out so much of Quilava's battle, but Heracross more than made up for that.
    Also, Staraptor finally got its well-deserved win, yay!

Did Heracross use a new animation for Megahorn?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Ash ordered つのでつく ( Tsuno de Tsuku lit. Horn Attack).

He ordered Horn Attack after Megahorn was put into the ground. He used it to lift the rocks aorund Kricketune and damage it for the win.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Ash ordered つのでつく ( Tsuno de Tsuku lit. Horn Attack).

He ordered Horn Attack after Megahorn was put into the ground. He used it to lift the rocks aorund Kricketune and damage it for the win.
    Drat and here I thought Heracross would learn something that could potentially beat one of Paul's pokemon.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Well. It has Sleep Talk and Focus Punch now, along with Megahorn.

I think it is one of the few Pokemon Ash has that can deal with some of Paul's Pokemon. Even moreso than Infernape.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

I still don't get what the unexpected development was. Was it Staraptor pulling a DEM, Cyndaquil using Aerial Ace or Heracross with two brand new moves? Anything it was, I didn't find anything so bizarre to be called unexpected development.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile lover View Post
    I still don't get what the unexpected development was. Was it Staraptor pulling a DEM, Cyndaquil using Aerial Ace or Heracross with two brand new moves? Anything it was, I didn't find anything so bizarre to be called unexpected development.
    Lol, how did Staraptor pull a DEM? The bird simply dodged Solarbeam and used Brave Bird. That's not DEM. I don't know why the fascination on throwing that word around so loosely.

I don't understand what the unexpected development was either. I imagine it was simply words to hype the battle. Too bad not even those words made the battle interesting.

Why the hell did they give quilava 'lava-plume' if they are not even showing it properly? What was the point? This episode was a total fail until heracross showed up. While Hera vs. Kric was a good battle, the rest of the battle sucked so much that I kinda hated it overall.

its obvious that ash going to use all his Shinoh pokemon against Paul, thats what he did in all the previous leagues, but i doubt that gible, cant even use dragon meteor properly.

and about the mysterious man using darkrai, could it possible be the illusion made by zoroark?coz its nearly the end of this generation, we still dont see any new pokemons in the anime while HS&AG did have some before.but even it is not zoroark, im pretty confident he has some Isu pokemon.

and just for fun, that drakrai is just ditto lol

my prediction for the following eps: ash meets paul in the quarter-final, beat him with infernape's blaze, that would be sooooooo epic. and then he loses to that man in the next round (6-0) causing him want to travel to Isu
    Last edited by ikusgca; 5th July 2010 at 9:52 AM.

Well I've been gone for while and wasn't able to watch this episode till today, so here are my thoughts...

This episode was alright.

I wanted Nando vs Ash to be just as epic as Nando vs Zoey, but it didn't even come close. All in all, this was an OK way to start the league, but it could have been much better, I hate rushed battles.

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Well. It has Sleep Talk and Focus Punch now, along with Megahorn.
    Wait, Heracross used Sleep Talk? That's AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by shac View Post
    Why the hell did they give quilava 'lava-plume' if they are not even showing it properly? What was the point? This episode was a total fail until heracross showed up. While Hera vs. Kric was a good battle, the rest of the battle sucked so much that I kinda hated it overall.
    They gave it Eruption, Flame Wheel and Aerial Ace... I think it was just the writers' attempt of making the Johto crowd look as if they could take down something really badass..

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Wait, Heracross used Sleep Talk? That's AWESOME!
    Hooray for Ash now having two pokemon that could wall Darkrai with ease! And BOTH are from the faolism that is JOHTO!!! How did that happen??? Let me tell you, these writers are on some goooood buzz!

Before you start asking, the other one being Totodile of course... Trolled!

No, actually.. Noctowl with Insomnia and a better alternative to Peck could stand up to Darkrai quite nicely...
    Last edited by Locormus; 9th July 2010 at 2:32 AM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by KGB13 View Post
    Well I've been gone for while and wasn't able to watch this episode till today, so here are my thoughts...

This episode was alright.

I wanted Nando vs Ash to be just as epic as Nando vs Zoey, but it didn't even come close. All in all, this was an OK way to start the league, but it could have been much better, I hate rushed battles.
    The reason why these or any battles are rushed is because of Team Rocket and Ash's dumb friends yapping their mouths off for him. Which he really can't hear anyways.

My ideal battle ever!

Sorry for going off topic and if this question comes up alot, but where do you guys watch your episodes? My PCs not had a charger for a couple weeks and Ive got a new one delivered today only to find out my only Pokemon fansubs site has shut down.
    David - 2921 8951 9733

> All

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix12 View Post
    although I don't speak/understand Japanese, there was one nifty bit of info I managed to catch: when Ash, Brock, and Dawn are sitting together outside at the beginning of the episode, Brock says something about the type of Pokemon Nando uses (you can hear him say "type" several times)...I'm assuming he's talking about how Nando tends to use bug and grass type Pokemon, because Ash responds with a list of his Pokemon that are strong against those types: Onigoori (Glalie), Magumarashi (Quilava), Gokuzaru (Infernape), Mukuhawk (Staraptor), and...Oosubame (Swellow)!
    You forgot that Dawn threw a bit of a Mankey wrench into that by remembering that he also has a Lopunny that he used in the Grand Festival.
    Quote Originally Posted by shac View Post
    Why the hell did they give quilava 'lava-plume' if they are not even showing it properly? What was the point?
    It wasn't Lava Plume, it was Eruption.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Where the eff are the prelims? Are you telling me that only 64 trainers made it to the Sinnoh League?
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/axnvh2.jpg[/IMG]
    PASBL RECORD: 15-4-2 109 TP 47 KO 5 SP also a B-C+ ref...LEVEL 3. 28 Slots.
    My Motto: Work a little, play a lot, and do the rest later.

Does no one else realize this problem
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/axnvh2.jpg[/IMG]
    PASBL RECORD: 15-4-2 109 TP 47 KO 5 SP also a B-C+ ref...LEVEL 3. 28 Slots.
    My Motto: Work a little, play a lot, and do the rest later.

So this is the start of the battle rounds in the Sinnoh Pokemon League eh? Well it could've been worse. Ash having to battle Nando first was unexpected though. I would've thought they'd want Nando to stay in the game a lot longer so that he'd at least have a shot at beating Ash and winning this thing. Nando's choice of Pokemon was a bit odd considering his Roserade is probably his strongest Pokemon and it was the only one I appreciated. Kricketune is weak in my experience and Armaldo is just a bit random, even for Nando. At least Ash won though with some help from his older Pokemon like Heracross. Nice to see that Heracross is still relevant in this day and age lol. Interesting to see that Ash, Paul, Conway, and Barry all made it to the next round though I disliked how we get a random rival at the last minute; the dude with the Darkrai. 7/10.

This Battle was really pathetic and set a really bad tone for the sinnoh league witch luckily improved

Smashing through the boundaries
    Lunacy has found me

Black FC- 2408 4376 9444

Man, what an exciting episode today! Round 1 of the Sinnoh League finally takes off!

During the episode, before Round 1 ever started, I was happy to see the montage of the gym battles Ash faced with his spotlight Pokemon. Especially Aipom against Gardenia! But especially everyone else, which were just Turtwig, Buizel, Chimchar, Gliscor and later Chimchar evolved as Infernape. :P I'm glad they showed a montage like this, for all the hard work Ash pulled off from wining his 8 Badges.

and I thought it was a great match up between Nando and Ash. It did feel kind of quick though, but the bug fight between Kricketune and Heracross was the best. I loved seeing the epic fighting between the respectful bugs trained between Ash and Nando. It was great! haha

I couldnt imagine Staraptor's pain though, nearly losing to a Pokemon that has a weak type against Flying. Least he pulled through though and killed Roserade with Brave Bird.

Armaldo was so beast too, but again, I wish they showed more of it against Quilava when the time came. But it soon turned into a tie. Not too bad though, a Fire type beating a Rock/Bug type. Still, both go down, so its a even match.

In the end, of course I knew Ash was going to win, but I'm glad he won in a way he wanted to counterstrike. Heracross with Sleep Talk was the uber best to see come in handing after Kricketune's Sing. And as of now, 1 win for Ash! Nando pulled off a great battle, but this is where it ends for him. And if this is Nando's final appearance, he at least ended off okay. Still wish he appeared more between here and now but oh well..

As for Team Rocket's part in their concession stand, I'm glad they got more publicity. I only wonder what that lady will do with their possibly promotion for them to sell more.

Conway was so hilarious today too, same with Barry. Conway being the creeper he still is, and Barry being all rushed but distracted in the end. Hahah great characters all in one place. Glad to see Paul around too, plus he doesn't seem 'that' much of a jerk now. But he's still Paul, so I look forward to seeing him more now.

And that mysterious looking trainer.. with a Darkrai. o-o Scarrrry... I would have been shivery if I were that trainer he defeated in one swoop.

Overall, a great episode with much involved! Round 1 was a blast, and ended nicely. Looking forward to next weeks episode!

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I liked the Barry parts the most and we finally debut Takuto. Barry's "Oh man oh man oh man" was annoying. But, it was redeemed a few seconds later. I forgot Barry and Conway still hadn't met. Dawn had the best line, "Will you boys calm down?!" But Barry yelling at Dawn to listen about Darkrai is awesome continuity to keep up with how much Dawn went on and on about cheering on Ash at the Sinnoh League, especially in the Jasmine episode.

As for Ash's fight, did anyone else feel like Ash didn't start giving it his all until Heracross was fighting Kricketune? I mean, that was when we started seeing the creative strategies and fast paced action. Ash likely specifically chose Heracross because of Sleep Talk thinking Nando would use Kricketune and Sing. Was Ash really this analytical to recall Kricketune using Sing at the grand festival and choose Heracross because of it? Kudos to Ash if he was.

Nando wasn't really pointless. He was a unique rival in that he was doing both contests *and* battles. But, he made it further in the Grand Festival than in the Sinnoh League. I personally think he's more the contest type, but that's just me. Although, you can see in the last few minutes of the episode that Ash was teaching him a lot of things about how to interact with Pokemon and the battlefield that's useful in both battles and contests.

Was this the first time in 5 years since the VA's changed that we've heard the generic stadium announcer in Pokemon? If so, I feel like the voice changed.

Can't wait for next week.

This was a great episode and a great way to start off the Lily of the Valley Conference! Technically, all of Ash's Pok&#233;mon got a win. My favorite part of the battle was during Heracross VS Kricketune.

Conway & Barry were pretty funny. A mysterious trainer with a Darkrai? It should have been against the rules to use Legendary Pok&#233;mon, or at least ones like Darkrai!

It would have been nice to see more of Nando. Perhaps this episode could have been Ash battling Jeffrey (he was in DP182 and appeared in Gymbailiar as well), thus giving Nando one more episode, but I still liked the episode.
    9/10

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

It was an awesome episode. Ash and Nando's battle was great, each Pokemon pulling off great moves. The Darkrai trainer looks tough, he might be a big challenge for Ash. I can't wait for the next one.

Hurmph. Overall, a great episode, and the battle was pretty good, too. A little disappointed by Staraptor vs. Roserade and Quilava vs. Armaldo. I mean, we didn't even see most of the Quilava/Armaldo battle. And Staraptor was nearly knocked out by a single Magical Leaf. WTF.

Ash: Staraptor, I know you've taken quite a few hits out there.

Yeah, it had gotten hit by one Magical Leaf and taken recoil from Brave Bird. I wouldn't exactly call that "quite a few hits".

But Heracross vs. Kricketune was quite awesome. Barry being a spaz and Conway being a creeper was awesome as always. One of the best parts of the episode had to be Dawn chewing them out in the stands during Ash's battle.

But seriously, what the heck was up with Staraptor vs. Roserade. It got hit by Sweet Scent, which lowered its evasiveness. Then it got hit by Magical Leaf, which would have hit regardless of Sweet Scent. That Magical Leaf nearly killed it. Then, Roserade used Solarbeam, which Staraptor dodged, despite having been hit with Sweet Scent. Seriously, the only thing that made sense in that part of the battle was Roserade being 1HKO'd by Brave Bird.

But then again, this is the anime, and if everything made sense, then it wouldn't be fun anymore. So keep up the drugs, writers!
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 27th November 2010 at 5:37 PM.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast