Page 1 of 192 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Negaishipping (Ash x Iris) General Discussion - SPOILER WARNING

NEGAISHIPPING
    "Wishes can come true..."
    (Portmanteau: サトアイ "SatoAi")

Hi all and welcome to the Negaishipping thread!

Negaishipping is the belief that there will someday be a relationship between Ash and Iris, the former's latest traveling companion and one of two leaders for Unova's final gym in the games. Negai (Pronounced Neh-Guh-Eye) is Japanese for wish and is used as an alternative for the name WishShipping (Max x Jirachi) after the title of the Japanese anime "Best Wishes." The name is very fitting considering that we all are wishing they get together!

Rules:
    1) Follow all standard SPPf and Shippers rules.
    2) DO NOT bash NegaiShipping in any way shape or form, this includes the name and the shippers. Offenders will be dealt with by a moderator.
    3) One liners are allowed, providing they include something to contribute to the topic at hand. "Negaishipping rules!" is a BAD example, "Negaishipping rules! I started liking it from episode three when..." is a GOOD example.
    4) If you're posting fanart, fanfiction and fanvideos, be sure that is not the only thing you are posting. This is a discussion thread after all.
    5) No bashing of other ships.
    6) Be respectful of others and their opinions.
    7) Enjoy your time here!

Spoiler:- Members:

Spoiler:- Videos:

Spoiler:- Banners:

Spoiler:- Resources:

Spoiler:- Subtitles Links:
    Last edited by gohan5; 22nd August 2012 at 11:46 AM.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    We have a new ship folks.
    We still don't have a name for it I think.
    In case your wondering who Iris is, she's an all anime made character. Not apart of games at all and has been confirmed for the next series.
    Ash was on the sketch with her, which likely means he's confirmed as well.
    I like the idea. Any one else excited for the ship?
    Wahehe. My first time posting on a shipping forum. I kinda like the idea of AshxIris for some reason. I guess the shipping for this can be probably whatever....pokemon they ..have .....or.. ...um....gah i dont know xD nvm!
    I can't wait to find out the name for this shipping will be and what the girl actually looks like so there can be some fanmade shipping pictures with Ash and Iris ^^. I know Im excited!
    (someone called this shipping "hairshipping", that was funny but mean in way imo xD! Let's get a better name shall we!)
    edit: hmm...maybe something with "wish" in it.....like "Wishshipping" or something....er......not sure...
    Last edited by Darkxninga; 5th July 2010 at 12:36 AM.
    .:No Longer on Serebiiforums/.net:.

And Ash's collection of potential female suitors grows larger...

I tend to keep my eye on most of the ships involving Ash, so this one won't be an exception.

Although I will have to actually see Iris in action first before hand.

I thought one of the pending names was BestWishesshipping?

I don't support it because it hasn't even aired yet, but it does have potential. If I do end up liking it, I'd die... XD Me, liking something more mainstream..!

(Lyrics from "Bumaye" by KMFDM)
    Come by and visit my friend's site, Mystic Wish!
    (we accept fanfiction of all ratings and any fandom....yes, even yours)

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

Wishshipping is 10 billion percent OUT of the question; it's been the name for Max x Jirachi for years.

Current names being suggested are Pencilshipping (( Because there was that concept art that came out a week before Iris was 100% confirmed to be the new female lead )), BestWishesshipping (( The name of the new anime series )) and Wishesshipping (( Shortened version, preferred by some due to all other Ash x main girl ships having a one word ship name )). I have also seen on Livejournal the name Kuipershipping. The Kuiper Belt is a short-period comet, a comet being a shooting star. You tend to WISH upon shooting stars, the name of the new anime series is Best WISHES...

I am not going to lie, Kupiershipping is an extremely strong contender and should not be counted out. Same with Pencilshipping, same with Wishesshipping. I say that there should be a poll to decide on the name from one of those three. Unless anybody else has any suggestions to make said poll more than a three way choice.

So long, best friend; Bryony Sarah White: 28/6/87 - 29/6/13
    Ships I've NamedTwitter

So, BestWishshipping names out of the question now eh?
    Dang it, I like the name. Can't we switch some thing?
    Well any who, nice to see some people intrested in this one besides me.
    I think Ash and her will have some fun interactions with each other.
    I wonder if they'll start out alone or if Ash and his new group will just meet altogether?
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vycksta View Post
    Wishshipping is 10 billion percent OUT of the question; it's been the name for Max x Jirachi for years.

Current names being suggested are Pencilshipping (( Because there was that concept art that came out a week before Iris was 100% confirmed to be the new female lead )), BestWishesshipping (( The name of the new anime series )) and Wishesshipping (( Shortened version, preferred by some due to all other Ash x main girl ships having a one word ship name )). I have also seen on Livejournal the name Kuipershipping. The Kuiper Belt is a short-period comet, a comet being a shooting star. You tend to WISH upon shooting stars, the name of the new anime series is Best WISHES...
    Well dang I didnt know. o_0 (max had a shipping with a pokemon? thats the first time i heard of it, but i must'of missed it ) :/ oh well. Something will come up.
    .:No Longer on Serebiiforums/.net:.

then how about Bestshipping

^ Seems to assume a bit, no? :P

I have also seen on Livejournal the name Kuipershipping. The Kuiper Belt is a short-period comet, a comet being a shooting star. You tend to WISH upon shooting stars, the name of the new anime series is Best WISHES...
    I've never heard of the Kuiper Belt, but Kuipershipping sounds oddly... right to me. It certainly sounds cool.

Though if we were going to follow the same logic then Halleyshipping might be a more familiar association.

I will be following this thread closely.
    Image exceeded 40000 pixels, thus it was removed. Please read the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by ice_wolf-146 View Post
    then how about Bestshipping
    To quote someone on BMGf, "naming a ship Bestshiping is just asking for trouble." XP

(Lyrics from "Bumaye" by KMFDM)
    Come by and visit my friend's site, Mystic Wish!
    (we accept fanfiction of all ratings and any fandom....yes, even yours)

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

ok then hb yinshipping for Ash and Iris and yangshipping for Iris and the new boy

Quote Originally Posted by kukkyou_ooraka View Post
    I will be following this thread closely.
    You mean, cuz you'd like to join in the fun :P
    I wonder What if Iris will be in contests or some thing else?
    Ovbiously Ash will want in if its some thing new.
    I mean, what type of relationship will these two have I wonder?
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Exclamation

what about blackshipping
    Farewell Dawn~sept.28 2006 to sept.9 2010

Blackshipping is already Gary/Lyra.

It should be Wisshushipping. Wish + Isshu = Wisshu. *shot*

Might as well start up some discussion questions... even if it is early.

What kind of personality should Iris have to give her a strong relationship with Ash?

Okay guise, I think we need to get some kind of organization going. I have been trying to hold off cause of waiting to hear from Toraphi but I have heard nothing so I'm going to jump in head first.

Let's get Ash x Iris named.

As said the main four names in contention are BestWishesshipping, Wishesshipping, Pencilshipping and Kuipershipping. Anybody else got any other suggestions before I slap up a poll and get everyone to vote? It took a month for Othelloshipping to be the name for Ash x Four-chan, I think we can apply some patience here too. After all, it's going to be the "main" ship of the next three to four years.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiyomi
    Though if we were going to follow the same logic then Halleyshipping might be a more familiar association.
    That's a name in contention for Four-chan x Iris. Which by the wheel of Soi BETTER be accepted cause Fourthgirlshipping is terrible.

So long, best friend; Bryony Sarah White: 28/6/87 - 29/6/13
    Ships I've NamedTwitter

Quote Originally Posted by Vycksta View Post
    The Kuiper Belt is a short-period comet, a comet being a shooting star. You tend to WISH upon shooting stars, the name of the new anime series is Best WISHES...

I am not going to lie, Kupiershipping is an extremely strong contender and should not be counted out. Same with Pencilshipping, same with Wishesshipping. I say that there should be a poll to decide on the name from one of those three. Unless anybody else has any suggestions to make said poll more than a three way choice.
    KAFHASFHAHSFHASF.
    THE KUIPER BELT IS A SERIES OF COMETS WAY PAST OUT PLUTO.
    /End Astronomy rant

LAWL. I'd LOVE to see what'd happen if we try and name it BestShipping.

Can we just call it OmedetouShipping? It's in the one word theme, and it literally means "Best Wishes" in Japanese x_x. (Pronounced Oh-meh-de-toe)

EDIT: I fail at life and didn't add my previous suggestion:

GambatteShipping (From Japanese meaning "Good Luck" (for the next region), references to Ash's habit to using a gambit, and how it's the short form of the politer "Gambatte Kudasai", and Ash isn't exactly the most polite person ever.
    Last edited by GalladeX; 6th July 2010 at 3:37 AM.

I'd like to join!

Also, I also suggest Monoshipping

Doesn't exactly fit ALOT, but still. Mono stands for Monochrome, which is a style of painting in which only one color is used, and variating tones of it(Black and White is used to add this variation) are used.

What kind of personality should Iris have to give her a strong relationship with Ash?

She is rumored to be dramatic, so I would add strong-willed to that and you have a perfect match!

BTW, Is this a temporary thread or the real deal? It's just that the other Shipping threads start out with rules, owners, co-owners, etc
    Last edited by TrainerOfLegend; 6th July 2010 at 3:35 AM.
    If you approve of Black and White's new Female lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Let's do this!

Image from Preview of DP 189

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    You mean, cuz you'd like to join in the fun :P
    I wonder What if Iris will be in contests or some thing else?
    Ovbiously Ash will want in if its some thing new.
    I mean, what type of relationship will these two have I wonder?
    Well ya but I'm a Pokeshipper but the new girl seems cool just curious how this turns out!

I'm guessing munchlaxboy is a Pokeshipper?

First of all, children DO care for romance. While they do not care for the fine details, or don't watch Japanese episodes 6 months before they are released in their language, I know for a fact that alot of children care about character romances. I remember that I used to support Pokeshipping alot, even when Orange Islands aired, which was arguably used for nothing but shipping, giving Ash a win and testing out a Brock-less season.

And something I won't get into is bashing other shippings, because it is clearly not allowed.
    If you approve of Black and White's new Female lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Let's do this!

^ Well I have seen animated shows for children where the lead character does show affection towards another character. Take the Wild Thornberrys (sp?), the main girl character does kiss a male lead and she does (grow up) a little throughout the series. It can happen with pokemon, I've already heard the lead characters for the B/W game are supposed to be older anyways.

Since the ship is literally "unborn" yet, we'll have to wait and see how shippy this series will be. Still, I won't stop supporting AshxIris!

Let's do this!

Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxboy View Post
    For f***'s sake, the damn season hasn't even started. The characters haven't even met yet!

It's not like any of these shippings will ever happen anyway. Just look what happened with Misty, May, and Dawn...

Only one that will EVER has a shot is PokeShipping. ONLY ONE.

But, it will probably never happen. You know why? Because...

A.) Pokemon is a TV show meant for children. Children really don't care about romance or other crap like "character development".

B.) The writers are mentally challenged.

C.) They are so mentally challenged that they don't even care what the fan base has to say about anything.

But, whatever. At least you guys have fun with these Shipping things and that's all fine and dandy. I just do not like it. At all.

EDIT: idk if this is considered "bashing" shippings. I don't bash. I simply don't approve.
    HAHAHA Yah than go don't apporove some where else.
    It seemed an aweful lot like bashing to me and like you wanted to start some thing. I've seen you around shipping forums before, so I assumed you knew the rules of how things worked around here. Don't like the ship, don't talk in the topic, simple as that. I don't like Pokeshipping but I respect people's opinions on it and not bash the topic, see that's the kind of person I am.
    So please be as I am to you, I think we can just enjoy ships just for the fun of it. Even knowing the ship might or might not happen its still fun to just ship it.
    Last edited by BlueDragonfangirl; 6th July 2010 at 5:23 AM.

Ok, question time!

How do you think Ash and iris will meet?

I'm thinking of the standard in which Pikachu goes missing and lands in the care of Iris. I hope that it will premiere in Japan as a two-episode deal, so that the first episode deals with Iris' adventure starting(if she's a Psychic, then she'll get her own "unique" first episode) and Pikachu ends up with Iris.

On the second, Ash meets up with Iris after contacting Jenny who tells Ash that a Pikachu had just been there. Ash manages to catch up, and there we go!

Let's do this!

I have a feeling your right.
    Its become tradition that Ash blows up the girls bike LOL.
    I hope its an intresting way though, I hear now Iris will be talking like a girl from a Knights film of the past. So maybe have Ash save her some how with sun shinning over him, she'd be looking at him like in awe and be all my knight!

Page 1 of 192 123451151101 ... LastLast