Page 79 of 193 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 4804

Thread: Negaishipping (Ash x Iris) General Discussion - SPOILER WARNING

~Happy NegaiShipping Day!~ ^_^ This is the first time I ever celebrate a shipping day, I'm glad Negaishipping is the first shipping I'm able to celebrate DD

Why do you like NegaiShipping? Well, I started liking it after I saw how must Iris and Ash are alike, they both act like kids so I think that they might make a great pairing ^^

What is your favorite hint so far?I have to say back form ep 3 when Iris saved Ash, I thought that was sweet of her, and they seemed to really like each other.

What type of family would Ash and Iris have? (children, in-laws, etc)
    Lol for me it's WAY too early to be thinking of family and children......^^;

What do you want to see happen in future episodes? Some more Negaishipping hints would be nice, but that's all up to the writer's, I also would like to see maybe more Ash/Iris bonding in future eps.

Hey Negaishippers. Happy Negaishipping day. Now Time to answer the topics
    Why you like Negaishipping?
    Because it seems that they are somehow simlar in their own ways, With Ash being reckless and Iris' a wild child,I see that they could complete each other.

What is your favorite hint so far?
    I say when Iris saved Ash in BW003. Their hands connects got me interested. And When Iris and Ash battled and Ash making fun of her with the Pikachu weak attack. And they shook hands afterwards.

Banner made by Skiyomi

The day they met
    The day Ash meets the sagas heroine is an event in itself. Not only are we introduced to the heroine, we're also given a small insight to what sort of relationship - note that in this instance, I mean a relationship between two friends, not lovers - this girl is going to have with Ash. So it deserves to have a good deal of attention.

Iris is the fourth female companion in Ash's lengthy and time-defying adventures, and the first he has met in pretty non-life threatening circumstances (those will come a bit later on). It's actually a trend I didn't notice until looking back on it. In his first meetings with Misty, May and Dawn, Ash was trying to save Pikachu on each occasion, risking his life in the progress. His meeting with Iris, however, takes a more comedic approach.

Pikachu spots rustling in some bushes. There is something big and hairy behind it – it must be a Pokémon! But when Ash uses his handy Pokedex, it identifies an Axew and Axew's certainly are not big and hairy. Or blue, for that matter. Nonetheless, he attempts to catch this creature. The cry of “Ow!” as the Pokeball hits its mark was the last thing Ash was expecting. Up pops an irate Iris.

Like most people, Iris doesn't appreciate being mistaken for a Pokémon and asks if her face looks like a Pokemon's – we'll ignore the fact that Ash couldn't actually see her face. Ash apologises for the mistake, which Iris accepts with little qualm, opting to instead comment on how Ash has a long way to go as a trainer if he thought she was a Pokémon.

Then she meets Pikachu. Little more needs to be said.

In this rather hilarious meeting, we already have a good idea of the sort of character Iris is going to be; a lively girl who'll speak her mind with an attraction for cute Pokémon. We'll get a better idea as to how her relationship with Ash will play out later on in the episode.

Ash's attempts to catch a Deerling fail and for the first time in the series, Iris calls him a child. Before then, she had rather condescendingly reminded Ash of the basics of catching Pokémon. We wouldn't know it for sure until later, but Iris seemed to have the air of someone who knew what she was doing. This alone tells us that the relationship was going to be a little different.

Then comes the life-threatening stuff. Pikachu and Axew are stolen by the new-look Team Rocket. Ash climbs up a tree – beating Iris to the top along the way – but fails to reach the blimp. Gravity than says hello, and Iris, like any other good-natured person, is concerned for Ash's well being.

Divine Oshawott's intervention turns the tide and Pikachu and Axew are saved. So do Ash and Iris decide to travel with each other? Not quite...

The dynamic of the relationship
    BW002 gave us an idea of what this was going to be. BW003 expanded on this idea and set the tone.

As the opening scene of BW003 shows, we have a female companion who could actually be just as immature as Ash is, which is a new thing. According to Ash, Iris is following him. According to Iris, Ash is following her. Huh. We have a small problem here, don't we? This comical clash of egos ends when the first Character of the Day turns up, but this won't be the last time we'll see it.

At the end of the episode, Iris rescues Ash from being scolded to death by hot water in a scene that showed that Iris is capable of doing the rescuing, and not a girl that needs to be rescued when the going gets tough.

And this is all we need to determine the dynamic between Ash and Iris: they have enough similarities to get along and be good friends, but their somewhat large egos and immaturity will occasionally collide. This, I feel, is the crux of their dynamic. A couple of things are added to this basic idea later on, but most episodes from this point further reinforce this basic idea of what their relationship is like.

Forty-nine episodes later and nothing has really happened to change this dynamic, but at this point they have developed something of a competitive side to their relationship, as well as confidence in each other. BW034 provides a good example of the former, where a minor disagreement leads to a tree-jumping race between them. BW030 and the Don George Tournament mini-arc showed examples of the latter; both Ash and Iris displaying confidence in the other to overcome a difficult situation when no one else did.

Remarkably at this point, there hasn't been any major falling out between them like what has happened with Ash and other female companions. Ash seems to have the patience of a saint, judging by how he's hardly reacted to Iris' constant jibes at his childish behaviour. I'm relatively sure though that something like this will happen somewhere down the line. It always does.

Since there are probably still at least two years left to run on this saga, there is still plenty of time for the dynamic to develop further. And there is plenty of room for it to do so, as I will detail in the last section of this.

The major moments

BW002: This is, of course, the day they met. Just a little bit important.

BW003: Iris saving Ash, as detailed earlier. Iris saying “Ash, you're too crazy” with this look on her face really makes the scene.

"Ash, you're too crazy."

BW004: Iris smiling while Ash took care of Tepig.

BW005: This episode had a couple of good moments. The first being the way she was looking at Ash, which sparked a lot of discussion as to what sort of face it was. The second being how Iris was rather impressed by Ash's battling ability.

What are you thinking, Iris?

BW006:
    Iris was happy that Ash won, but quickly pretended not to be too impressed when Ash asked her for a battle. Then she exclaims: “We're not travelling together!” before storming off. Can we say “tsundere”? I think we can. Then at the end of the episode, they officially decide to travel together... not before Iris decides to pop out from a tree. Amusing as that is, doesn't that suggest she had been following Ash again?

BW009: Ash returns the favour by saving Iris from a Toxic attack.

BW015: Iris seems unusually eager to know what sort of trainer Ash is according to Lenora...

What kind of trainer, indeed.

BW024: The scene where Ash turns up to save Iris; Iris looked grateful for Ash turning up... interestingly enough, Cilan and Bianca went missing for that particular scene.

BW027: Ash trusts in Iris' “sensing” ability when nobody else did.

BW042:
    Ash telling Pikachu to use Thunderbolt on Excadrill and the exchange afterwards, while not a particularly shippy scene was actually quite significant in my mind. To me, it seemed like Ash intentionally did that because he knew how Iris would react. The scene itself showed how well they actually knew each other.

Things that were forgotten, or remain unexplored
    Here I will detail the things that were brought up but forgotten and things that could happen later:

“You actually saw Zekrom?!”
    Maybe not her exact words, but on the day of their meeting Iris seemed rather excited about the fact that Ash had met Zekrom. Iris reveals it would be amazing if she could meet Zekrom or any of the legendary Dragon Pokémon.

This hasn't been mentioned again since that episode, and I wonder if it actually will be referenced when, or if, Zekrom appears again in the anime.

As to how this relates to NegaiShipping?

“Why are you following me?”
    Why was Iris following Ash? Iris said she was just helping Ash out, seeing as how he was new to the region, but I have a hard time believing that was the real reason considering that just two episodes later, Iris said that her and Ash weren't travelling together... but by her own admission, they were. Something isn't right here.

To this day, the actual reason for her to be travelling with Ash and Cilan remains unknown and I can't help but theorise that the reason why she was following Ash in the first place was because he saw Zekrom.

Now imagine if Ash mentioned the fact that he's a magnet for legendary Pokémon. Wouldn't that make Iris, who's quite keen to see legendary Dragon Pokémon, want to travel with him?

Granted, it's not the best reason to be with someone, but it's a ton better than nothing.

“You're such a kid!”
    Iris' favourite jibe at Ash has, in large, remained ignored. I'd have thought that Ash would have snapped by now, but apparently it doesn't really bother him. This quirk of their dynamic remains unexplored and I have my doubts it will receive any attention down the line. Perhaps it could be the main plot point in the inevitable “fallout” episode.

Axew and Scraggy
    Remember how we were excited that both Ash and Iris had baby Pokémon to care for now, and how we thought the Pokémon would have a sort of rivalry? Yeah, it hasn't really gone like that, has it? Poor little Scraggy has been left in Axew's dust in terms of actual development. We've only recently just got to the point where Scraggy can damage things.

Iris the gym leader?
    Is she or isn't she? One would imagine that if she was, then that could lead to quite a significant NegaiShipping moment. If not, then there's still the fact that Ash has to face Draden.

Conclusion
    Looking back, it'd be fair to say that the ship has had pretty decent development after one year of Best Wishes. NegaiShipping started off with a boom, but has recently suffered a lull in hints and moments. There is still a long way to go, though, and plenty of significant events yet to occur.

------------------

And that's it. Maybe not the best I've done, and I did rush it slightly at the end. Do tell me what you think, though.

Wow. That's got to be the longest post I've ever seen. I think you did an excellent job describing their dynamic, when it formed, and talking about all the different hints. And, I've never really noticed it until you pointed it out, but Ash did meet all his previous female traveling companions through a near death experience. Hmm. Ash needs to stop doing dangerous stuff. If it weren't for the writers, he'd be dead by now.
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...pynegaiday.png" width="468" height="100">

"To date, life has been a race between software companies making bigger and better idiot proof machines, and the Universe making bigger and better idiots. The Universe is winning." -Unknown

Thanks so much for doing this VTP, I really liked your analysis of NegaiShipping as a whole as well as the insight you gave into Ash and Iris as characters. I honestly didn't think too much about the interactions I was watching between these two, but after reading this I have a new perspective and new respect for this ship. I'm a little disappointed that there are so many unanswered questions about Ash and Iris's dynamic like you pointed out but I'm looking forward to the next 2 or so years to hopefully see them grow together as characters. I might actually put a link to this post in the beginning of the thread for others to see and maybe you can update it next year or whenever. Again good job with this, I really needed to hear this right now ^^

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Ashton Nauran is dead.

Say hello to meee~!

New Fanart, Ash and Iris's baby xD

http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=...pping#/d4apdc1
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/nlx16c.png[/IMG]

Sorry I wasn't here for NegaiShipping Day. I was in the hospital. I'll upload my work later.

*Sig underconstruction*

I have officialy claimed Love You Like a Love Song by Selena Gomez. NOW FEAR ME! :3

Quote Originally Posted by Nauran View Post
    Ashton Nauran is dead.

Say hello to meee~!
    Hi Nauran, nice to meet you ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachuuu View Post
    Thanks for posting the fanart Pikachuuu, that's a really cute pic of them with a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Draceram View Post
    Sorry I wasn't here for NegaiShipping Day. I was in the hospital. I'll upload my work later.
    I hope it was nothing too serious Draceram, but don't worry you can still post your stuff.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Which remind me about this one:

http://imageshack.us/f/638/21491038p4.jpg/

Ashton Nauran is dead.

Say hello to meee~!

Nice to meet you Nauran! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by DuquĘ? View Post

Both looks cute ^^

Quote Originally Posted by DuquĘ? View Post

I remember seeing that picture before. It's cute that Ash and Iris are the adults while Cilan is the little boy XD

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Ashton Nauran is dead.

Say hello to meee~!

Hellllllooooo Nauran!!! Cute picture!
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...pynegaiday.png" width="468" height="100">

"To date, life has been a race between software companies making bigger and better idiot proof machines, and the Universe making bigger and better idiots. The Universe is winning." -Unknown

I think Iris is following him because she likes teasing Ash. Besides she may end up starting to REALLY like him.

Oh and I'm new here. I'm a Negaishipper.
    Last edited by zekrom reshiam; 25th September 2011 at 10:57 PM.

Smile

I think Iris is following him because she likes teasing Ash. Besides she may end up starting to REALLY like him.

Quote Originally Posted by zekrom reshiam View Post
    Hello! Are you joining, or just saying something? And you double posted.

Where is everyone? Hello?

Quote Originally Posted by NegaiFreak View Post
    I honestly think for Negashipping day I'll do a scenario and post some fanart. I don't really know how to well, make those kinds of things (Userbar, banner, etc.).

Definitely way back in episode 3 where Iris saved Ash practically. I just loved the whole episode, they made up in the end and worked together.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to next weeks episode, although I am going to be in school by that time, for me school starts on Wednesday. Oh well, At least I'll be able to see my friends again.

So yeah, this looks like a great month of September ahead of us, with the Battle Subway, Elesa, and the Gym Battle. I'm looking forward to it. Plus, this is also the month of my birthday, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, I might not post for a few days because of Hurricane Irene causing power outages and such.

So until next time, later shippers!

EDIT: Scratch that, school starts on Tuesday. Oh well.
    Mine is episode 4 "A sandile gusher" Where Iris saves Ash. That was so sweet. I blush just thinking about it!! Plus they didn't even argue or anything! P.S. I think Iris picks on Ash just to tease him or to get Ash to tease her. ( Gee that will be a cute couple... )

Quote Originally Posted by zekrom reshiam View Post

Oh and I'm new here. I'm a Negaishipper.
    If you are a new memeber of the thread welcome! ^^

Welcome if you are joining zekrom reshiam ^^

I found a new NegaiShipping fanart. I like Iris's surprised face and Ash's smug face in the picture ^^

http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=...pping#/d4avo4r

Btw, anyone else notice in the preview for the next episode Iris is doing some kind of happy dance when Ash is winning against Elesa? I thought that was pretty cute XD

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Welcome if you are joining zekrom reshiam ^^

I found a new NegaiShipping fanart. I like Iris's surprised face and Ash's smug face in the picture ^^

http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=...pping#/d4avo4r

Btw, anyone else notice in the preview for the next episode Iris is doing some kind of happy dance when Ash is winning against Elesa? I thought that was pretty cute XD
    I like the new fanart I love the way it is drawn ^^

And yes I think that the dance of Iris when Ash wins Elesa is so adorable ^^

Wow, what have I missed...?

And, this ship is nearly up to 100 pages.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2isyqsx.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by xxbaconxx View Post
    And, this ship is nearly up to 100 pages.
    Yep! Only one page more! ^^

And there's a new fanart

http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=...pping#/d4ayxdv

And there's a new fanart

Aww! I love it! And almost 100 pages? We are on a roll!

And there's a new fanart

Thanks for posting a new fanart Pikachuuu, I like that artist's style ^^

100 pages? You all sound pretty excited for that XD

Anyway, here's some new episode titles for the upcoming episodes. Due to some kind of error, I don't know exactly which episodes come first so I'll just put the titles for now.

Over the Rainbow! Marctus Musical!!

Iris and Deino! Daycare Training!!

Swift Hero Accelgor vs Cryogo-man!
    Last edited by gohan5; 27th September 2011 at 5:14 AM.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Hey can I join PLEASE!

Page 79 of 193 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast