Page 12 of 193 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Negaishipping (Ash x Iris) General Discussion - SPOILER WARNING

Cool

Iris seems like the kind of girl to be strong willed and very independent say like Sakura from Naruto or Haruhi from The Melencholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I love her being paired with Ash.

In the previews he seems more hyper like he was in the beginning of his journey so their personalities match up well and it's adorable too X3 Iris is just too cool for words. I also hope that she does call Ash "her knight" it'll be his nickname from her just like "ashy-boy" from Gary.

Anways love this paring ^^
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by CafeMocha_Negaishipper View Post
    Iris seems like the kind of girl to be strong willed and very independent say like Sakura from Naruto or Haruhi from The Melencholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I love her being paired with Ash.

In the previews he seems more hyper like he was in the beginning of his journey so their personalities match up well and it's adorable too X3 Iris is just too cool for words. I also hope that she does call Ash "her knight" it'll be his nickname from her just like "ashy-boy" from Gary.

Anways love this paring ^^
    Welcome to the forums and to the Negaishipping thread, like how your name has Negaishipping in it ^^
    Ooh your kind of right, she does seem a bit like Sakura I like that Ash will have some one like that now. Knight would be an awesome nick name from him and yah different, cuz I don't think any one else has ever given him one before. Your right, his Kanto like ways do seem to be returning, great match..

TrainerOfLegend wow really Sept 23? Man I'm going to have a hard wait UGH!

edit;

That's cute fan art, thanks for posting it.
    LOL Pedo man seems scarry, maybe hey'll make Iris hide behind AshXD
    Last edited by BlueDragonfangirl; 10th September 2010 at 7:05 AM.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Honestly, if I were to compare Iris to anyone, at least by what I have seen of her, I would say Starfire from Teen Titans. Ultra sweet and kind, totally fearless just because she doesn't understand what fear is, not quite in sync with the rest of society due to her living outside of it for so long in the wild, and with a very strong sense of goodness and right and wrong, maybe even more then normal people because her views aren't jaded by what society has come to accept.

But then I have no idea what she will really end up like, only what I am hoping for and what makes sense with what little I DO know about her.
    This is me. This is my team. Fear our wrath.
    Trainer Card for my Fanfiction.
    (First line links to FF.net version of the story, second line links to Serebii.net version of the story)
        Spoiler:- Credit for stuff:

Hmm If any one from Teen Titans I'd say Raven, she's got a crazy personality LOL. If that is like that, Ash will have a heck of a lot to deal with, in a fun way LOL.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Your welcome,
    Than that should make for some great comedy, say Iris is nearly about to do some thing crazy and it looks like she's in danger and Ash would be all "Wait!" And Iris could be all "I can hanndle myself thank you!" It'd be a different type of relationship if they did it this way. It doesn't look like shey'll have a bike, I assume they'll hanndle things differently if she doesn't. Maybe they'll just show she likes him for treating Pokemon so well or cuz of him being crazy about Pokemon like she is?? I don't knowXD That's one of my favorite scenes from Best Wishes preview, Ash's expressions when he sees its really a girl is priceless. Man I can't wait for Negaishipping scenes.
    I know, imagine all the movie hints will get
    Honestly, if I were to compare Iris to anyone, at least by what I have seen of her, I would say Starfire from Teen Titans. Ultra sweet and kind, totally fearless just because she doesn't understand what fear is, not quite in sync with the rest of society due to her living outside of it for so long in the wild, and with a very strong sense of goodness and right and wrong, maybe even more then normal people because her views aren't jaded by what society has come to accept.

But then I have no idea what she will really end up like, only what I am hoping for and what makes sense with what little I DO know about her.
    i'd say she's more like Layla from Winx Club or Katara from ATLA, Ash could be her Zuko, trying to save the girl while she can handle herself.
    Friend Code 216561919515

Awe man the movies, there's normally hints between AshxMain Girl character in the movies. I can't wait for those, I'd like some thing like Ash nearly dying and Iris has to do some thing to save him. Or the other way around to show how much Ash cares for her.

can't wait for the movies. i wonder if they're gonna be connected like the dp sega.

Quote Originally Posted by CafeMocha_Negaishipper View Post
    can't wait for the movies. i wonder if they're gonna be connected like the dp sega.
    I kind of hope it isn't, I liked the D/P movies of course but I liked the older movies better when it was a different storyline every movie and different villain. Than again I'll be fine either way, I'd like a whole movie kind of like Pokemon movie 2000 with it being mostly about Negaishipping ^^

To tell the truth, something that would crack me up but also think would be absolutely lovely is if Iris had an open crush on Ash and Ash didn't get was going on (Like Emil and Marta in Tales of Symphonia 2) XD
    People lose too much time complaining about what they dislike instead of just doing things they enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rouenne View Post
    To tell the truth, something that would crack me up but also think would be absolutely lovely is if Iris had an open crush on Ash and Ash didn't get was going on (Like Emil and Marta in Tales of Symphonia 2) XD
    I see some differences between Ash and Emil though.

Emil actually knew Marta was crushing on him big time and, to use his phrase, "raising his pedestal higher and higher". He just didn't know what to do about it and thus everything culminated in a row, which lead to character development and the like.

Ash would likely be absolutely clueless of Iris' feelings and her love would remain unrequited until someone literally spelled it out for Ash. Considering how Pokemon is, that would never happen.

This is the sort of dynamic that would be quite fun and interesting to begin with but without actual development from Ash, it would rapidly become frustrating and repititive.

So it could work, depending on the way you go about it, but in my opinion they'd be treading in dangerous waters. Iris' open crush would not just be able to evaporate without Ash knowing about it. If it did, we'd be questioning why it even existed in the first place. Ash would have to learn about it and react to it, which would probably take Pokemon down some previously unexplored roads. Secretly, I hope they do expand on some of the romantic subplots since it would make the show a bit more interesting but given the target audience, we're left with just platonic relationships very open to interpretation.
    Last edited by VoltTacklingPika; 11th September 2010 at 3:49 AM.

Now that'd be funny, Iris does all these things to try and get Ash see that she has feelings including writing Ash + Iris in the sand and he just walks by with a confused expression on his face. Boy Iris will have her hands full with this guy and loveXD

"I see some differences between Ash and Emil though.

Emil actually knew Marta was crushing on him big time and, to use his phrase, "raising his pedestal higher and higher". He just didn't know what to do about it and thus everything culminated in a row, which lead to character development and the like.

Ash would likely be absolutely clueless of Iris' feelings and her love would remain unrequited until someone literally spelled it out for Ash. Considering how Pokemon is, that would never happen.

This is the sort of dynamic that would be quite fun and interesting to begin with but without actual development from Ash, it would rapidly become frustrating and repititive.

So it could work, depending on the way you go about it, but in my opinion they'd be treading in dangerous waters. Iris' open crush would not just be able to evaporate without Ash knowing about it. If it did, we'd be questioning why it even existed in the first place. Ash would have to learn about it and react to it, which would probably take Pokemon down some previously unexplored roads. Secretly, I hope they do expand on some of the romantic subplots since it would make the show a bit more interesting but given the target audience, we're left with just platonic relationships very open to interpretation. "

True, but then again it wouldn't hurt Ash to have something in his head aside "I GOTTA BE THE BEZT EVURRR!!!1" Too bad that as you say it is just speculation and won't happen
    People lose too much time complaining about what they dislike instead of just doing things they enjoy.

Most definitely. The guy has had a girl practically hanging off his arm for the majority of his life and a few other admirers. Surely at some point he's going to realise.

Well, one would hope so anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltTacklingPika View Post
    Most definitely. The guy has had a girl practically hanging off his arm for the majority of his life and a few other admirers. Surely at some point he's going to realise.

Well, one would hope so anyway.
    I hope Iris is the one to opean up Ash's eyes about love, that'd be so cool if she was ^^

NEW BW Footage

0:07 - Look how close they are in the tv screen.

0:013 - Iris: You didn't even prepare properly. What a child~
    (Thanks to PK082 for translation)
    Last edited by Katsu Koneko; 12th September 2010 at 3:32 AM.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/1zq7mte.jpg[/IMG]
    S A T O H I K A
    PearlShipper since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Now that'd be funny, Iris does all these things to try and get Ash see that she has feelings including writing Ash + Iris in the sand and he just walks by with a confused expression on his face. Boy Iris will have her hands full with this guy and loveXD
    ^ROFL. Thats totally Ash. Dense as can be. XDDD I love that idea! but would be so sad at the same time for Iris..but so cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsu Koneko View Post
    NEW BW Footage

O_O random guy dressed like Ash made me go "o_o!!!!" whoa and Ashs voice VA a female wasnt a shock but her voice goes deeeeep~o_0 shockerrr. still loving Dentos VA and Iris voice matches her (but was slighty high pitched on that one part xD)
    Anyways: so that means Ash and Iris will be together all the way until episode 4 or 5? Im looking at the pic Katsu posted and it looks like the second episode (just a guess). ^-^ heheeh i look forward to this~
    .:No Longer on Serebiiforums/.net:.

Cool, we have our second screen cap of them together ^^
    I'm glad it looks like they'll be alone together till episode five.
    Wish I could cut that picture in half and keep the one with Iris and Ash in it. Thanks for posting that, they look so cute together.

Regardless of how high pitched is I love Iris's voice

NEW BW Footage

Iris is taller than Ash, whoa this is new.

Anyhow, I am getting pumped for September 23! W00t!!!!!!!

Quick question

Why do you think Iris decides to follow Ash?
    If you approve of Black and White's new Female lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Let's do this!

Image from Preview of DP 189

Meh I think Misty was taller than Ash too. Iris will be the second girl to be taller than him. September 23 really? UGH Waits going to kill meXD

I think Iris will follow Ash cuz she secretly will like him LOL...

NEW BW Footage

cool pic though I wouldn't say they're that close :P I mean they're close and all, but it's not like they're standing side by side or anything.
    it's still cute though

Actually, it's the translation that's interesting. Basically, Iris is calling Ash a child in this scene, and this could mean alot or nothing at all. Idk she may just call him one because like she said, Ash forgot to pack properly, and he may have rushed off to Isshu forgeting maybe a pokemon or two, who knows.

I'd hate to think that Iris is older than Ash (she looks about the same age as him) and this would mean that Ash still hasen't aged at all since Sinnoh or hasen't aged much. Also, idk it would just feel weird if Ash was to be in a relationship with an older girl. Maybe it's because i'm a guy and feel it's weird to date older girls, idk. So yea, really hope Iris is the same age as Ash.

Meh I think Misty was taller than Ash too. Iris will be the second girl to be taller than him.
    I forgot where I read this but I remember reading that at the beginning of the series Misty was 12, two years older than Ash, (don't know if that's true or not) so if Iris is taller that may make her older too. Though height doesn't always mean you're older than someone :P

Why do you think Iris decides to follow Ash?

Topic time! Okay why do you think Iris decides to follow Ash? hmm well let's see there's his boyish charm, good looks, oh, and Pikachu. Girls always follow Ash just to spend time with that Pikachu
    Victini = The Most Epic, Awesome, Coolest, Most Badass Pokemon Ever!!!

I forgot where I read this but I remember reading that at the beginning of the series Misty was 12, two years older than Ash, (don't know if that's true or not) so if Iris is taller that may make her older too. Though height doesn't always mean you're older than someone :P
    Nope, Misty stated in the third episode she was ten.

Best Wishes Reviewer
    BW001 | BW002 | BW003 | BW004 | BW005

I think she just calls Ash a child cuz he forgot some thing, like packing food. He's always so horrible at that kind of thing, she could be the type who teases and calls him names like this.

I like how they first meet, with Ash mistaking Iris' (ridiculousy lush) hair for a new pokemon.
    And the faces they make straight afterwards aren't very shippy, but man are they funny!
    With more depth and travel, Ash and Iris could find a lot between themselves that are common. Off the top of my head, Ash's aggressive agility and Iris' fearless agility... Yes, they are both manageable in forests. I may have convoluted it a bit.
    This may sound horribly ludicrous, but...

I honestly think... NegaiShipping has the future potential to rival PokeShipping.

I don't like to normally compare ships, I do have a feeling Iris will give many sarcastic comments to Ash though and let him know when he's doing wrongXD
    UGH The wait truley is killing me LOL.

Page 12 of 193 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast