Page 14 of 192 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Negaishipping (Ash x Iris) General Discussion - SPOILER WARNING

i love the new preview of them
    looking for a female eevee
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Agreed, the new preview does look awesome ^_^ Man I really wish the series had aired this week oh well one week left i think.

So anyways, i've been thinking about maybe having Gible show up in Isshu. He was Ash's last pokemon he caught, just like how Aipom was Ash's last pokemon he caught in AG, and Aipom came with Ash to Sinnoh so Gible could come with Ash to Isshu. Also, i was thinking about the possibility of Ash giving Iris Gible. I dunno, it's possible Though instead of trading pokemon, Gible would be a gift or maybe he would just let Iris train Gible idk. I think that would be a great negai hint.

Oh and about the name, it's fine the way it is. Negai does not sound at all like the n word well okay it does a little bit but I never noticed until it was mentioned. Sure I would've prefered bestwishesshipping or something else; but what can you do. A name's a name, people can just call it AshxIris if they don't like negai.
    Victini = The Most Epic, Awesome, Coolest, Most Badass Pokemon Ever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Victini'sMaster View Post
    Oh and about the name, it's fine the way it is. Negai does not sound at all like the n word well okay it does a little bit but I never noticed until it was mentioned. Sure I would've prefered bestwishesshipping or something else; but what can you do. A name's a name, people can just call it AshxIris if they don't like negai.
    Can we please drop the name discussion. It's been voted on. It's done. Blah.

Negai does not at all sound like the "n" word.

It's pronounced, NEH-G-EYE.

Anyways. I just rewatched a bit of the special again. Haha. They're interactions in there still are adorable.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/1zq7mte.jpg[/IMG]
    S A T O H I K A
    PearlShipper since 2006

I don't know if I'd like another trade, I'd like some thing special between Iris and Ash but not a trade its been done. But yes, the preview showed so many cute scenes between them gah the wait, the wait *Dies*
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Teshub;
    Making a remark that something might not be sensitive is not called bashing. Im just making a suggestion because I know people will create a ****-storm because of how it sounds similar to another n word, jeez. The shipping didn't officially start and people are already hung up about it.
    I'd like to see them try because one move out of line and I WILL deal with them.

Negaishipping is the official name. There will NOT be an alternative name and there never will be no matter how many times people complain and gripe and whinge and fling their toys out. If it really bothers them that much they can name-smush and have SatoIris, which is also perfectly fine because there's people who use SatoKasu, SatoHaru and SatoHika. Otherwise... tough. They should have been around to vote in the poll, which was off-site so all the fandom were able to choose.

Exacly, if they had a problem they should have voted than we might not have had this name. Meh I'm used to it nowXD
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Quote Originally Posted by Katsu Koneko View Post
    Can we please drop the name discussion. It's been voted on. It's done. Blah.

Negai does not at all sound like the "n" word.

It's pronounced, NEH-G-EYE.

Anyways. I just rewatched a bit of the special again. Haha. They're interactions in there still are adorable.
    In Japanese the word negai does not have the game 'g' sound as in genki. It sounds more like regular English g. So the official pronunciation should be NE-GUY or neh-gai.

woah woah wait iris is a gym leader?
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/takc3n.jpg[/IMG]
    Friend Code 1077 8600 5245

Yes, Iris is a gym leader and is the last one. Which should hopefully bring some cute Negaishipping moments, like some flashbacks between the battle. I'm wondering if there will be a Negaishipping songs for the series?

I do wonder how this will play out in the anime. Will Iris actually be a gym leader or are they just borrowing her character design? Also, the last gym leader changes depending on game version, so its possible that the anime will use Shaga as the gym leader and Iris as an acquaitance of sorts.

Either way, this is what sets NegaiShipping apart from PokeShipping. Misty was the second gym leader in Kanto and was a pretty competent trainer. Iris is, supposedly, the final gym leader and so must be a pretty good trainer. It'll be interesting how this plays out.

Yes, Iris is a gym leader and is the last one. Which should hopefully bring some cute Negaishipping moments, like some flashbacks between the battle. I'm wondering if there will be a Negaishipping songs for the series?
    Yeah.... Yeah

How did it come to this
    After all we been through
    Two of a pair now on oppisite sides
    From the very start with honor we dueled
    We watched each other's back
    and we battled with prided

We're closer than others
    Now we got to fight each other
    If we trust our friendship

No Matter What
    Let the Game Begin
    No Matter What
    May the best person win
    No Matter What
    We're in this together
    No Matter What
    We'll be friends forever
    No Matter What

Yeah..... Yeah

Its been you and me
    Out playing games
    Didn't ever think it would get this hard
    Times running out
    and so much at stake
    Everything riding on the choose of a ball

We'll show 'em what were're made of
    As we fight for the ones we love
    And we'll be friends to the very end

No Matter What
    Let the Game Begin
    No Matter What
    May the best person win
    No Matter What
    We're in this together
    No Matter What
    We'll be friends forever
    No Matter What

Yeah

I wanna give up
    But I won't give in
    Don't wanna duel with my very best friend
    I can throw the whole match
    And win every play
    With so much at sake
    I just can't walk a way
    Though I need a victory
    You always meant the world to me
    Thats one thing that will never change

No Matter What
    Let the Game Begin
    No Matter What
    May the best person win
    No Matter What
    We're in this together
    No Matter What
    We'll be friends forever
    No Matter What
    Let the Game Begin
    No Matter What
    Let the best person win
    No Matter What
    We're in this together
    No Matter What
    We'll be friends forever
    No Matter What

Hey i tried to make it match.

Hey guys! sorry for the inactive-ness ^^"

I saw the preview... and lol'd at Satoshi's face XD Iris and Satoshi look so cute together 8D

and i was kinda surprised to find out Iris is a gym leader o_o" i wonder if it'll be like where he battles Misty in the first series? (Misty ftw X3)
    <--- Say hi to Bob!

♪ And now I let my dreams consume me,
    And tell me what to think.
    But hold on,
    Hold on.
    What am I dreaming? ♫
    ~ Paramore - O Star

Quote Originally Posted by VoltTacklingPika View Post
    I do wonder how this will play out in the anime. Will Iris actually be a gym leader or are they just borrowing her character design? Also, the last gym leader changes depending on game version, so its possible that the anime will use Shaga as the gym leader and Iris as an acquaitance of sorts.

Either way, this is what sets NegaiShipping apart from PokeShipping. Misty was the second gym leader in Kanto and was a pretty competent trainer. Iris is, supposedly, the final gym leader and so must be a pretty good trainer. It'll be interesting how this plays out.
    I hope they have her be a gym leader, your right Misty was kind of a rookie type still since she was the second gym leader. But Iris wow she must be pro, I hope she keeps the secret from Ash the entire series. She'd have to all kinds of things to keep him from finding outXD

aipomadvanceshipper That is a great song...How the heck did you get type it without getting tired though :O

That part in the preview was funny, my favorite scene LOL. I can't wait for that one, I'm sure that's the first time they meet.

I hope they have her be a gym leader, your right Misty was kind of a rookie type still since she was the second gym leader. But Iris wow she must be pro, I hope she keeps the secret from Ash the entire series. She'd have to all kinds of things to keep him from finding outXD
    I think she will try to keep it a secret untill midway of the series. It took Misty like seven episodes to find out she was a gym leader. It took May three to find out she was the gym leaders daughter. I don't know if Dento knows that Iris is a gym leader or not. I don't think Brock knew, or maybe he did but didn't think it was his place to say so. Or maybe Iris might tell Ash right away... Who knows, all i really want to know though is what's her excuse and why's traveling with him

Awe it'd be great if she kept it all the way through the series, I hope she does. Um there was a new preview, they showed Ash swinging on a vine, maybe both him and Iris can crash into each otherXD

Iris could be the sort who just doesn't like staying in one place for too long and so ends up travelling about quite often. Her official description is that she's adventurous, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if this were the case.

I think we can almost confirm that she won't be participating in any competition like previous girls (contests, musicals, etc.) and will just be a friend travelling with a friend. This would really help with potential rival ships, since contests and such are just breeding grounds for potential rivals and love interests. For example, Drew for May and Kenny and Zoe for Dawn. Before AG, the only rival ships for PokeShipping were MistyxTracey and MistyxBrock. Not the stongest of ships considering that Tracey was only around for a breif period and Brock never focused on one girl.

Looking at it like this, it appears that NegaiShipping might just be very similar to PokeShipping. While this is a good thing, I do hope the dynamic between Ash and Iris is different to that Ash and Misty.
    Last edited by VoltTacklingPika; 19th September 2010 at 10:45 AM.

Hey people! Only 4 more days!

Anyhow, regarding Iris being Leader, I don't think this is the case. I do, however, think that Iris is going to be related to the 8th Gym Leader(like someone else here posted).
    If you approve of Black and White's new Female lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Let's do this!

Image from Preview of DP 189

Quote Originally Posted by VoltTacklingPika View Post
    Iris could be the sort who just doesn't like staying in one place for too long and so ends up travelling about quite often. Her official description is that she's adventurous, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if this were the case.

I think we can almost confirm that she won't be participating in any competition like previous girls (contests, musicals, etc.) and will just be a friend travelling with a friend. This would really help with potential rival ships, since contests and such are just breeding grounds for potential rivals and love interests. For example, Drew for May and Kenny and Zoe for Dawn. Before AG, the only rival ships for PokeShipping were MistyxTracey and MistyxBrock. Not the stongest of ships considering that Tracey was only around for a breif period and Brock never focused on one girl.

Looking at it like this, it appears that NegaiShipping might just be very similar to PokeShipping. While this is a good thing, I do hope the dynamic between Ash and Iris is different to that Ash and Misty.
    I'm sure it will be different than Pokeshipping in some ways, I like the idea of her loving adventures. Yes, not that far away now, I'm counting down ^^

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Awe it'd be great if she kept it all the way through the series, I hope she does. Um there was a new preview, they showed Ash swinging on a vine, maybe both him and Iris can crash into each otherXD
    ROFL. XD that would be epicly funny.

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerOfLegend View Post
    Hey people! Only 4 more days!
    Anyhow, regarding Iris being Leader, I don't think this is the case. I do, however, think that Iris is going to be related to the 8th Gym Leader(like someone else here posted).
    hehehe im excited too. Less than a week left ^.^~ I'm also thinking that Iris could be related to Shaga or whatever his name is (the other gym leader). However, I'd love to see Ash vs Iris for the eighth gym badge. I wonder how Ash would react trying to defeat Iris knowing they've been so close in their journey in Isshu (that will soon take place, hehehe)
    .:No Longer on Serebiiforums/.net:.

Its not even a week now, its tommarow *WE* In the second episode we should get tons of Negaishipping hints ^^

Hell Yeah! Only one more day left So excited! Man the wait has been tough. It seems like forever since DP ended. Idk why though, I mean it's only been like 2 weeks since it ended but for me it feels like it's been a month since it ended.

Yeah, I think we'll get some hints, but not a ton. And remember this is Pokemon we're talking about, it's not the most romantic series out there :P
    Victini = The Most Epic, Awesome, Coolest, Most Badass Pokemon Ever!!!

Pokemon should be comedy/romance, it shouldXD I do know what you mean, the wait was killing me.

When it comes to shippings you have to start modest. They could pull a Drew in the early part of BW and have Iris get more hints with someone else other than Ash. But my shipping is based on friendship, so although I would rather see White than Iris I hope they make the friendship between Ash and Iris meaningful.

I'm not really someone to start shipping people until I know what their dynamic is, so I'm not officially joining or anything, but I figured you guys might find this interesting to hear so I'm commenting in here anyway.

Apparently according to something someone translated off of 2chan, Iris is the apprentice to Shaga, the gym leader you fight in Black, and is training to take over the gym when he retires. So, Shaga's the actual 8th Gym leader, but there's still a chance Iris might fight Ash for the 8th badge anyway if this is true and stays true in the anime. That should be interesting to see.

Here are bunch of screen shots from today's ep.
    Enjoy.

Spoiler:- EP PICS:
    Last edited by pK'; 23rd September 2010 at 1:03 PM.

Page 14 of 192 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast