Page 63 of 193 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 4804

Thread: Negaishipping (Ash x Iris) General Discussion - SPOILER WARNING

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Ash has thought of great ways to get his Pokemon out of messes before, could happen here. Though Ash loosing, Iris I'm hopping would be more mature about this and see how great Ash has become in the tournament and say he did a great job making a good moment between the two.
    Yeah despite all of the trash talk and banter that Ash and Iris might do before and during the actual battle, I hope at the end they still are able to remain close to each other and maybe understand each other a bit more. You can learn a lot about a person by the way they battle, I think. Regardless of who wins I hope they are good sports. Ash will probably tell Iris how good she did if he wins and not brag. I can see him bragging but not really, just being happy he won. If Iris doesn't tease Ash it will be a good moment in her development and maturity. I can see Iris teasing Ash if she wins but mostly to cover up her feelings. Either way, I hope that this battle brings some good shippy moments and helps the relationship between Ash and Iris.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by Shooti View Post
    Thanks for such a warm welcome

Ash is almost as popular as he was in his Johto/Hoenn/sinnoh days in Japan. There are fans of all ages of this franchise in Japan. Some veteran fans don't like him as he is now in Unova. They demand for his ageing, doing stuffs like battling E4, taking part in tournaments like Champions leagues, more frequent appearances from older characters etc..

But they have been outnumbered by kids of age-group 5-13. For them Ash is completely new. They enjoy the show the way it is. So the people who think that Ash is going to be replaced or going to get older in upcoming sagas should really.. really give up hope:P
    I am one of those fans. I would love to see them do a parallel set where Ash is like 13-15 years old then we wouldn't have to imagine the ships and he wouldn't be so oblivious to all things romantic in nature. Its very cruel to fans that have been so 14/15 years to give them nothing. Not only that but for the people that have been following his journeys for almost a generation we would love love love to see him confident, charismatic, a little older and commanding of his Pokemon, having his own legendary pokemon, being in something like the elite 4 or winner of a championship league and becoming the Pokemon Master he's being vowing to be since the 90's. They did this in the States with Rugrats and Rugrats all grown up. Both shows aired at the same time with the Rugrats All Grown Up being shown with the teenage shows that aired in the evenings.

As far as this ship goes and BW in general. I'm not liking the series as much as I'd hoped. I don't know if its Sinnoh withdrawal or what. I do love Iris and Cilan's characters. I'm still a negaishipper. This thread is a large contributing factor to keeping me there moreso than the series itself. I saw a DP episode yesterday and I was so happy to see Pipluck, Pachurisu, Ambipom, Croagunk, Chimchar, Buneary and Gliscor I couldn't stop smiling. Pokemon season 1 is currently airing in the States on Boomerang and the infamous Ghost of Maidens Peak episode should be on sometime next week. DP still airs on the cartoon network as well as Black and White.

Iris is a sweet person but I wish they would give her more depth and action. I love the commentary here so I get a glimpse of whats to come. Although we are in the twenty-somethings here I feel they are moving Ash's character at least back to what we expected of him experience wise leaving Sinnoh. I wanted to see that Ash from the DP Sinnoh Memories are Made of Bliss epi where he had Staraptor cutting through Team rockets balloon before Meowf could finish his sentence. That's what you expect of someone who just handed a legendary pokemon there you know what. He's getting there though in BW so I'm very pleased with that progress.

Saw this and thought it was the cutest thing ever.
    http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/150/...rt-d3la7st.jpg
    Last edited by Mylotic; 2nd August 2011 at 7:26 PM.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/n39i4n.jpg[/IMG]
    Pokeshipper 4 life
    Negaishipper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4pmjkVadcI

Iris might catch Meowth. This might be just me, but do you think Meowth could notice their feelings for each other and would tease them about it?
    Who the hell do you think I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm gonna be king of the pirates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry but Meowth is a aweful choice for her. She should be given an Unova Pokemon.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Wanizaru View Post

Iris might catch Meowth. This might be just me, but do you think Meowth could notice their feelings for each other and would tease them about it?
    I think it too, and now both Ash and Iris have a Pokemon from Kanto

heh, well they do have a history... http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...:KrazyShipping
    ahem.
    Who the hell do you think I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm gonna be king of the pirates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it too, and now both Ash and Iris have a Pokemon from Kanto
    Now that would be interesting to see, they already are the only 2 characters in the main group to own a Dragon-type Pokemon and now they both are the only ones with Kanto Pokemon in Unova.

heh, well they do have a history... http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...:KrazyShipping
    ahem.
    Nice use of another shipping to promote NegaiShipping Wanizaru. So if Iris catches Meowth, we will have KrazyShipping and LethalAttractionShipping as parallels to NegaiShipping. (Ok, maybe a little less with KrazyShipping since it's kinda crackish )

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

I don't think this Meowth thing is going to last. He'll probably stick around for a few episodes before returning to Team Rocket, thus restoring the status quo that the writers seldom stray from.

Meowth is an intelligent and perceptive character and he probably would be one of the first to comment on a relationship between characters if the situation called for it but he's not really someone who would go out their way to tease people. I'm sure most his attention will be on Pikachu.

I reckon that Ash vs Iris will end up a draw or Ash will find a way to win. I actually find this little tournament to be a bit nonsensical; no rivalries have been progressed despite all the rivals being there and it doesn't look like there's going to be any major plot developments either. It's only purpose seems to be to show that the other characters do still exist and to show off some new Pokemon. Iris doesn't need to win this tournament, and Pikachu beating Excadrill would continue the theme of Ash succeeding despite poor type match-ups.

In saying that, I probably will enjoy the interactions between the two when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanizaru View Post

It certainly looks that way. I agree, Iris catching Meowth would give Ash and Iris more similarities. If it actually happened, Team Ricket would sure be in for a surprise. I'd pay to see that! Oh, and I agree with you Mylotic, Ash needs to grow up. It would be awsome to see him less dense and more confident and controlled. But, it's a kids show. A majority of the viewers are young and might turn away if that happened. Man that sucks!
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...pynegaiday.png" width="468" height="100">

"To date, life has been a race between software companies making bigger and better idiot proof machines, and the Universe making bigger and better idiots. The Universe is winning." -Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by VoltTacklingPika View Post
    I don't think this Meowth thing is going to last. He'll probably stick around for a few episodes before returning to Team Rocket, thus restoring the status quo that the writers seldom stray from.

Meowth is an intelligent and perceptive character and he probably would be one of the first to comment on a relationship between characters if the situation called for it but he's not really someone who would go out their way to tease people. I'm sure most his attention will be on Pikachu.

I reckon that Ash vs Iris will end up a draw or Ash will find a way to win. I actually find this little tournament to be a bit nonsensical; no rivalries have been progressed despite all the rivals being there and it doesn't look like there's going to be any major plot developments either. It's only purpose seems to be to show that the other characters do still exist and to show off some new Pokemon. Iris doesn't need to win this tournament, and Pikachu beating Excadrill would continue the theme of Ash succeeding despite poor type match-ups.

In saying that, I probably will enjoy the interactions between the two when the time comes.
    Yeah I don't think that the Meowth thing will last either for one of two reasons, either Iris fails to catch Meowth or she releases him a little later and he returns to Team Rocket (though maybe with a different view of the group).

Putting that aside for now I'm looking forward to seeing Ash and Iris advance on in the tournament leading to their final battle. I don't know who I want to win as long as the battle is good and we get some good Ash and Iris interaction out of it. Be back after the new episode airs.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Yeah I don't think that the Meowth thing will last either for one of two reasons, either Iris fails to catch Meowth or she releases him a little later and he returns to Team Rocket (though maybe with a different view of the group).

Putting that aside for now I'm looking forward to seeing Ash and Iris advance on in the tournament leading to their final battle. I don't know who I want to win as long as the battle is good and we get some good Ash and Iris interaction out of it. Be back after the new episode airs.
    Hey guys, I'm back for just a little while so I can post the preview for Ash and Iris' battle and talk about it.

Preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGhnZ...&feature=feedu

Looks to be an awesome clash between Ash and Iris and their best Pokemon. Iris may have the advantage for now, but Ash knows he can handle type disadvantages, so who knows who will win?

As for hints, I hope that they say that they've looking forward to battling for real for a long time after all those practice matches between Scraggy and Axew.

Anyways, I'm off to find BW043 to watch it and see if there were any hints. I'll see you guys later today!

Quote Originally Posted by NegaiFreak View Post
    Hey guys, I'm back for just a little while so I can post the preview for Ash and Iris' battle and talk about it.

Looks to be an awesome clash between Ash and Iris and their best Pokemon. Iris may have the advantage for now, but Ash knows he can handle type disadvantages, so who knows who will win?

As for hints, I hope that they say that they've looking forward to battling for real for a long time after all those practice matches between Scraggy and Axew.

Anyways, I'm off to find BW043 to watch it and see if there were any hints. I'll see you guys later today!
    I hope that Iris will win!

Quote Originally Posted by NegaiFreak View Post

It looks like Excadrill will be giving Ash a hard time. But Pikachu has faced harder before, and come out victorious. I still say Ash will win, but atleast the battle will be interesting. I have a feeling there's going to be alot of tension between Ash and Iris before the battle.
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...pynegaiday.png" width="468" height="100">

"To date, life has been a race between software companies making bigger and better idiot proof machines, and the Universe making bigger and better idiots. The Universe is winning." -Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by floracat View Post
    It looks like Excadrill will be giving Ash a hard time. But Pikachu has faced harder before, and come out victorious. I still say Ash will win, but atleast the battle will be interesting. I have a feeling there's going to be alot of tension between Ash and Iris before the battle.
    Iris and Excadrill do seem to be pretty in sync during this battle and are giving Ash and Pikachu all that they can handle. I don't really care who wins since it looks like a good battle. I can tell that Ash and Iris are ready for this battle and may have some good interactions based on the preview.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Personally, I want Ash to win. I'm not sure what Iris gets out of winning and an Ash victory has more potential for character development.

I predict that Excadrill will get in the most hits and dominate most of the battle, but Ash will find a way to win. It's what he does; pull something, logical or not, out of nowhere to get a win. At this stage, it doesn't really make much sense for Iris to curbstomp Ash and Pikachu hasn't got the moves or power to make it an even contest.

Anyway, enough about the battle. I saw BW043 (technically BW041 - maybe we should start referring to episodes like this from now on?) and the many characters involved meant a larger a variety of interactions and, thus, not a lot of Ash/Iris stuff.

During the Iris/Kenyan (is that his name?) battle though, Ash was clearly supporting Iris and Emonga. When Iris won, Ash said something like "Iris is/was amazing/very impressive" and quite happy she won. So quite evidently he's supportive of Iris and was impressed when she managed to win.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltTacklingPika View Post
    Personally, I want Ash to win. I'm not sure what Iris gets out of winning and an Ash victory has more potential for character development.

I predict that Excadrill will get in the most hits and dominate most of the battle, but Ash will find a way to win. It's what he does; pull something, logical or not, out of nowhere to get a win. At this stage, it doesn't really make much sense for Iris to curbstomp Ash and Pikachu hasn't got the moves or power to make it an even contest.
    It really depends on how long they want to drag out Iris perception of Ash being a "child." Though he's certaintly not helping things by opening up with a Thunderbolt to Excadrill. If he wins here. that could change things. If he loses, which I think it very likely, they want the "kodomo ne" thing to stick around until late into the series. It's funny that she is always impressed when Dento battles, compared to Ash who is a bit more...unorthodox. I guess she is the more tactical type.

It also depends on whether or not they want Iris/Ash to battle at the 8th gym. Considering she is one in the games, it seems obvious like the writers will pair them up to battle. If that's the case, then I deifnately see Ash losing here, and winning at the gym. I expect he would lose when the match-up first got revealed anyway. I guess we'll see. This season seems very adamant about the types don't matter so maybe the same will apply here.
    Last edited by Hyuuga Neji; 6th August 2011 at 2:31 AM.

I only want Ash to win to hopefully stop the "kid" finger pointing. I don't want to hear that throughout the whole BW series.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I only want Ash to win to hopefully stop the "kid" finger pointing. I don't want to hear that throughout the whole BW series.
    Even by the slim chance he does win, I doubt she will stop calling him a kid. That's something that's always going to be a part of her character, until probably the end of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyuuga Neji View Post
    It really depends on how long they want to drag out Iris perception of Ash being a "child." Though he's certaintly not helping things by opening up with a Thunderbolt to Excadrill. If he wins here. that could change things. If he loses, which I think it very likely, they want the "kodomo ne" thing to stick around until late into the series. It's funny that she is always impressed when Dento battles, compared to Ash who is a bit more...unorthodox. I guess she is the more tactical type.
    It'll probably stick around regardless of the result. It just seems to be one of her quirks and I don't think a defeat at the hands of Ash would really change that unless she gets beaten pretty comprehensively. It looks like it's going to be cloesly contested battle, though.

It also depends on whether or not they want Iris/Ash to battle at the 8th gym. Considering she is one in the games, it seems obvious like the writers will pair them up to battle. If that's the case, then I deifnately see Ash losing here, and winning at the gym. I expect he would lose when the match-up first got revealed anyway. I guess we'll see. This season seems very adamant about the types don't matter so maybe the same will apply here.
    Iris being the gym leader is a feasible theory, but not one I think will happen. As far as we know, she didn't know who Drayden was and had no association with his gym after meeting him. If the two are to battle later on the series, I think it'll be more of a coming of age thing where she has to prove herself by beating a strong trainer.

I'm really hoping that Ash will win, but I don't want Iris to stop calling him a kid. It's apart of her character and I like the teasing. I just want Ash to win so Iris will respect him more, but I don't expect the teasing to stop.

And Hyuuga Neji, I don't think Iris is the gym leader, even if she was in the games. For a while, the only Pokemon that would obey her was Axew, and, although he's gotten better, Axew isn't gym leader material. There was also Excadrill, but he only recently started to listen. I don't think she was a gym leader. I do believe, however, that she'll becom a gym leader, and that's why she'll have to leave Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by floracat View Post
    I do believe, however, that she'll becom a gym leader, and that's why she'll have to leave Ash.
    I don't think that, she can't become a Dragon-Type Gym Leader with Emolga, Excadrill, and probably Meowth... D:

Iris already has lots of character, she can change her catch phrase towards Ash if she wanted to. It's not like she hates him but I'm guessing it will get old at certain times.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachuuu View Post
    I don't think that, she can't become a Dragon-Type Gym Leader with Emolga, Excadrill, and probably Meowth... D:
    Good point, good point. But I can't see too many other reasons for her to leave. Maybe to go to a different region to get more dragon types. Heck, why do I care? Iris leaving is a while off.

Hey Haven't been here for a while.
    I think that Ash should win. Maybe Iris could gain some respect for Him. Even though she will keep calling him a kid. Maybe Iris will tease on the way Ash wins this battle. Maybe they get into an argument on whom is stronger.Even though Ash is in a type disadvantage, I think he find a way to defeat Iris. Maybe Iris could go in his face on the way he won the battle.
    Last edited by JetshipperKekkaishi; 7th August 2011 at 6:48 PM.

Banner made by Skiyomi

0_0 I had no idea Iris was gonna catch Meowth. It dissapointed me a bit, it split up Team Rocket though I don't what has been going on lately. -_-

I'm really looking forward to this AshVSIris battle. I'll be on the lookout for more hints, probably most of us already are. ^^
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/15rxe7o.png[/IMG]

You cannot have a Mightyena. You know why? Because I've claimed it!

Page 63 of 193 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast