Thread: Murder I - Haunted Mansion

Threaded View

Default Murder I - Haunted Mansion [DAY 3 ENDS FRIDAY AUGUST 6, 2010 AT 9:00 PM EDT.]

If only I could revise the thread title...

DAY 3 ENDS FRIDAY AUGUST 6, 2010 AT 9:00 PM EDT.

PLOT

Fifteen Pokemon are camping in Eterna Forest when they smell something delicious. Their noses bring them to the Old Chateau's kitchen, where a buffet awaits them. Head chef Wobbuffet greets them at the door and invites the Pokemon to chow down. As the Pokemon eat, a frustrated Rotom looks on, staring angrily at the Wobbuffet who had repeatedly tormented him. It was time for revenge.

That night, as the Pokemon rest inside the Chateau's bed chamber, Rotom possesses one of their bodies, sneaks to Wobbuffet's room, and kills the blue blob. He then sneaks back to the bed chamber and leaves the host body to its slumber. When the Pokemon wake up the next morning, they find that Wobbuffet's body, a threatening note, and no way out. Since none of them know of Rotom's existence, they conclude that one of them was the murderer. The questions are, who is it, and will they strike again?

The answer to the second question is "yes". Each night, Rotom will return to possess the same body as before, to kill one of the remaining Pokemon. And each day, the survivors will lynch one of their own whom they suspect is the murderer. It is the beginning of a dark era......

RULES

Rules will be strictly followed, so pay close attention or suffer the consequences.

This game is very simple. 15 people sign up and will roleplay as Pokémon in a crowd, a murderer included. Once 15 people sign up, Night 0 will start, and the murderer will PM me the starting clue that will be placed on Empoleon's body when they are found. Once Day 1 starts, the others will speculate about who they think is the murderer, and vote for the person they end up thinking is the killer. A random vote will be chosen among the votes.

Each night, the murderer will PM me the name of someone they wish to die, along with how they kill them and any clues they wish to leave. The murderer must leave at least one clue every other night.

A game day lasts 3 real days, and a game night lasts two real days.

The murderer is at any time in the game able to choose an accomplice (This has not happen since Murder I) (They will do this by PM) who is then also able to kill people and bring the total killings up to double! But the accomplice also has the choice to turn in the murderer at any time and get them killed, thus having everybody alive win the game. However, if the accomplice accepts they could also be killed by the murderer at any time! So watch out! If the killer is murdered and the accomplice is still alive they can choose to resign and take the alive points or become the real murderer

Once you are dead you must not talk to people about this game and about who the murderer is, because that would cause the game to fail.

Do NOT talk to others via PM, email or anything else about this game

**Do NOT change or get rid of posts

No duplicate Pokémon

So we can tell what you are talking about at the beginning of your post in
    parenthesis
    "IN" = In character
    "OoC" = Out of character

**Players, including the murderer, are not allowed to post during the game's night. Please read the first post to find the times for the start and end of the game's day, during which you can post.

If you break these rules once or twice you will be given a warning, and thrice you shall be modkilled!

**You must be active in order to play. If you cannot continue the game, please PM me, and I will find you a replacement.

Process of the Kill

This question has come up in the Bulbagarden rendition of this game, and I just want to clarify the point. During the day, each player will vote for who they want to kill. To vote, use the following format:

Vote: Player

If you voted for someone but wish to change your vote, you must first recall your original vote as such:

Unvote: Player

It is important that you boldface your lynch vote. At the end of the day, the votes will be thrown into a lottery. The first vote pulled will be the victim of the lynch.

At night, the only one active is the murderer, which is why it's important that no one post at night in the thread. The murderer will perform his actions by sending a PM to me with the name of the user he wants to kill, as well as any clues he wishes to leave behind. THE MURDERER IS REQUIRED TO LEAVE AT LEAST ONE CLUE IN A TWO NIGHT TIMEFRAME. I will post the results of the murderer's actions, and the next day will start. The process repeats until one of the following occurs:
    • There are two people or fewer left at the start of the day, in which case the murderer wins.
    • The murderer is killed during a normal day/night action, in which case one of the town members wins.
    • The murderer is modkilled, in which case no one wins.
    • If there is an accomplice, the accomplice may choose at any point to hand over the murderer. In this case, the accomplice wins. If the accomplice chooses not to hand over the murderer and the murderer wins, the accomplice also wins.

If you need any more clarification, please send me a PM. I will get back to you at my earliest convenience.

How to sign up

To sign up, simply post in this thread telling me what Pokémon you would like to be, and an image of it (must be smaller than 200x200. If not, it will be sized down.) Replacements do not need to specify a Pokemon; they will assume the character of the person they are replacing.

Player List

1. AlexG123
    2. Epwna is a Sceptile
    3. .Wind.
    4. Indragon
    5. zhanton
    6. Lbsweet96
    7. Shadow Eeveelution
    8. MegaMeister
    9. rosso1111
    10. Vermehlo Steele
    11. Poke Hunter
    12. m!ss p!nk
    13. Joeypals!!
    14. Buraddo Aipom

Replacements

A dead player will have their Pokemon image replaced by a large red X. A modkill will be represented by the red X and by a line through their username.

This game has been adapted from its original version on Pokebeach.
    Last edited by pikalax; 5th August 2010 at 8:29 PM.

It seems the server is down for my Bronyland test results, but I am Applejack.