Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Casting a Paul on Barry (652)

I can hardly believe Paul actually said something nice!
    And did Magmortar sound different in this episode?

It was an awesome match, Paul and Barry put up a great battle. In the end, Paul won, but he thought it was a great match. Now I can't to see Ash and Conway's battle.

On a side note, the Darkrai Guy's name is Tobias.

It's nice to see how the battle was well fought with the use of Pokemon who are powerful (Ex: Skarmory) to at least decent (Ex: Magmortar). I was disappointed that Hitmolee didn't easily took down Ursaring in one hit due to type advantage. I was expecting the battle between Ash and Conway to take place in this episode, too bad that's going to be next week.

Barry got owned... which is sad. Hitmonlee SHOULD have taken down at least Ursaring!
    Still an awesome battle though; way better than Ash vs Nando. I can't wait until Ash vs Conway!
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

Great episode today! A little sad that Round 2 just ends right at the beginning of the episode, but I'm glad Ash's Snorlax got some spotlight in the league.

Conway was the usual creeper he was, but continues to be hilariously awesome. Dawn's impressions of Paul made me laugh a little, while trying to explain to Barry as he wants to confront him.

Perhaps I'm a little confused here, but I didn't know trainers were able to look up trainers' data in the conference leagues. I could see the point though, in order for trainers to come up with a strategy, which has been happening each battle really.

Although it was interesting to hear about this "Tobias" fellow with the Darkrai, when Conway said he was looking up the data of him. Intense fact that he won all 8 gym badges using his Darkrai only. Gonna be a tough opponent. o-o

Paul VS Barry was a pretty good one. The spikes was a good strategy, but hardly did a thing in the long run. Just as I thought, Magmortar VS Skarmory was a 1 second battle; pwn'd by Flamethrower.
    Ursaring VS Hitmonlee was a good match up, with Ursaring getting hit here and there by Hitmonlees attacks with high speed. I still dont get why it didnt go down (even when Empoleon came out and deflected his Focus Blast back in a direct hit), but I guess Ursaring is that strong.
    Electivire VS Empoleon was a very intense moment. Since Barry couldn't do a thing, even with Empoleon's ability Torrent activated. The last knock out was emphasized really well, and made a good ending to Barry's winning streak. Happy that Paul won too, quite a tough opponent no doubt; we all know though,

It was also good to see that the both believe it was a good battle; Paul's growing a little nice too. At least to those who are worthy opponents, I bet, and Barry's one of them.

Now its Ash VS Conway in Round 3. Since there's no idea what Conway has up his sleeve, it only grows my anticipation for next week's episode!

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Conway's a creep.

'Nuff said.

I don't have time for an 8-paragraph review, so here is the short version. Well I have to admit, I wasn't sure I'd like to see a battle between Barry and Paul since I sort of knew who would win and who would lose. But things were pretty great regardless of the end result. We got to see Ash, Conway, Barry, and Paul make it to the next rounds before anything else. From there, it was announced that Barry and Paul would do battle in the third round of the tournament and that Ash would have to face off against Conway: Dawn's creepy stalker lol. While I was excited about the latter battle, I had to suck it up and watch Barry and Paul's battle first. It was interesting to see them battle it out on the rock field (which is my least favorite). Barry surprised me by using Skarmory; I thought he'd have his in-game team, but he didn't. Anyway, Paul's old Magmortar took care of Skarmory pretty quickly, though Empoleon pushed Magmortar back. Ursaring versus Hitmonlee was a sight to behold since both Pokemon seemed tough and both fought hard until the end. Sadly, Ursaring beat Hitmonlee while it was in a rage again. Tsk. Empoleon was sent out next by Barry and I was glad to see it do well against Ursaring. That is, until Paul sent out his newly evolved Electivire! Empoleon and Electivire put on a good show but Barry lost in the end afterall. While I liked that Barry kept his competitive spirit, I was more eager for Ash and Conway's battle that will begin in the next episode. This was a great episode itself though. 8/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    Conway's a creep.

'Nuff said.
    Well, gee

THX Captain Obvious

If I didn't know that already
    HeatTaggers can now rejoice
    BUCKLE UP FOR BEST WISHES TWO! (AND THE LEAGUE IS HERE!!! )

If you think that the Sinnoh saga was the worst saga yet, copy & paste this to your sig. (Started by Yankees4life)

I know how Barry is when he loses. hehhehe. I Guess Paul takes home the gold, now!
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

This episode was good. It was interesting to see a cool variety of pokemon (Skarmory, Hitmonlee, and Electivire). Also kinda cool to see Spikes done. Both pokemon were quite strong. It was awesome to finally see Torrent. Now for Overgrow. I was a little surprised that Paul complimented Barry on the battle.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I thought this episode was awesome, paul as always was a beast and barry is pretty awesome too. I wasn't expecting a close close battle or anything like both down to their last but I wouldve appreciated barry knocking out one of pauls guys that's what I was expecting but o well the battle was good
    soulsilver friend code-3309 6888 9118

Not a bad episode. Barry got annihilated in the battle, but it had to be done to make Paul look unbeatable. Ursaring totally should of fainted though.

It looks like Takuto got a name. Tobias. It kind of fits.

8/10.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

yeah the episode was great,that Skarmory fainted too fast,i agree that Hitmonlee should have fainted Ursaring.

Empolean defeat was sad

the best battle over all was Ursaring vs Hitmonlee.
    Platinum
    FC: 4082 -5563- 0656

I enjoyed the episode very much. My favourite part had to be when Dawn impersonated Paul. Man was that funny. She was spot on with what he would say and how he would do it.

Other than that I suppose the battle was, overall, somewhat of an improvement from last episode. Although, it would be hard to be any worse.

It's good to see Takuto has a decent name. Tobias doesn't seem to bad but it reminds me of that guy from Arrested Development. I'm not going to be go all fan rage on the name because I have been using Takuto for a few months now.

Team Rocket were a gem this episode. I have learnt to enjoy what we have of them because in a matter of weeks they will be replaced with robots. It will be sad to see them go because they really are a great addition to the main cast.

Um, somebody explain this to me... HOW did Barry's Empoleon get disqualified? It was still standing, and its eyes were still open!
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    Perhaps I'm a little confused here, but I didn't know trainers were able to look up trainers' data in the conference leagues. I could see the point though, in order for trainers to come up with a strategy, which has been happening each battle really.
    They've been doing it since Kanto. Ash's computer even crashed because it got infected with some virus from Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Articuno_rocks View Post
    Um, somebody explain this to me... HOW did Barry's Empoleon get disqualified? It was still standing, and its eyes were still open!
    He had fallen down by the time Barry had gotten to his side.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

I really liked this episode since Barry got beat pretty handily. I think that Tobias is a pretty good name and I wasn't really expecting a ____son to continue here. I'm glad that we got to see a Fighting-type Pokémon battle since that's a type that really doesn't battle too often in the animé.

Paul just crushed Barry with 3-0 victory but there was Barry thinking he had given Paul a close match.....The real close match will surely be between Ash and Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Margo View Post
    I'm guessing that, whether Ash or Paul winds up facing Darkrai, they'll be defeated. Because, I mean, if you can beat the guy's Darkrai, it's probably all downhill from there.
    If we're talking about it going downhill for Tobias, or whoever the hell he is, I'm inclined to agree, as the rest of the team has damn near zero combat experience. The only way that theory can end up being void is "if" his team consists entirely of legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    - Seriously...Why won't the bear go down already?!
    The answer for that is really simple: Paul's Ursaring is like an Alpha Grizzly Bear infected with Rabies. That, & the fact that nobody aims for the %^&#ing head/face like a smart person should do...

...But enough of that!

- What?! Round two is already over?!! Damn, these writers are hitting that fast-forward button on us!
    - Afterward, we get a glimpse of who's fighting against who; Paul is fighting Barry, & Ash fights against Conway.
    - Back outside the War-zone TR are having trouble selling their inventory. That's when James gets a brain-wave: Model merchandise as the Pokémon that fought in the previous war. They get to sending the order to TR HQ.
    - Now, we get to the next event, Paul VS Barry!
    - Magmortar VS Skarmory. FIGHT!!
    - Skarmory laid out a bed of Spikes at Paul's side of the war-zone, but unfortunately, that's all it did before getting instagibbed by Magmortar's Flamethrower...
    - Barry sends out Empoleon, which lands an impressive hit with Hydro Cannon on Magmortar. It also provokes a switch from Magmortar to his Ursaring.
    - Ursaring flings a Focus Blast straight towards Empoleon, but it wound up getting sent back to him hard.
    - Barry switches out, & then...
    - Ursaring VS Hitmonlee. FIGHT!!
    - This fight ends up being a straight out brawl, with hitmonlee landing some solid hits on Ursaring. Of course, Ursaring isn't taking these things lightly...
    - Another Blaze Kick, & Ursaring gets burned. Big mistake, as that activates Guts Man on Ursaring. That gives it the power to maul Hitmonlee to death... literally...!
    - Barry's Empoleon is forced back in, & right away, Paul switches with Electivire. Looks like those spikes aren't stopping him from doing the switcheroo.
    - Electivire gets going with the killing, meeting some resistance with Empoleon. It attempts to beat it down with, what else? A Giga Impact!
    - After some more punishment, Empoleon's Torrent ability activates! Off goes his Hydro Cannon...
    - ...But it's stopped by Electivire's Coward's Shield! Now you know why I've labeled Protect as the Coward's Shield.
    - Electivire Shocks Empoleon to death with one last Thunder, & Barry suffer a humiliation.
    - Surprisingly, Paul thought that it was a great fight, & gives Barry his compliments.
    - After this fight, TR's inventory gets cleaned out once more by the mobs of customers, as if I need to know that.

Well, in this fight, Paul was the pimp, & Barry was his @$%#^!! Paul raped him & Barry just screamed like a little girl. It was that bad. Talk about a one-sided fight...

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile lover View Post
    So Barry used Skarmory as his first Pokemon while Paul used Magmortar.
    Then Paul used Ursaring which got hurt by Skarmory's spike while Barry was using Empoleon.
    Barry switched for Hitmonlee.

Barry's Electivire has learned Giga Impact.

Empoleon seems to have got really hurt by Electivire's Thunder.
    Paul wins.
    Barry is impressed by Paul's battling skiils and gives him a thumps up.
    Conway tells that Ash's next match is against him.
    Barry's Electivire?
    Isnt it Pauls? O.o
    Hello!

xD

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    He had fallen down by the time Barry had gotten to his side.
    Oh oops, I didn't see it.
    I derp.

I really loved how paul admitted that it was a good battle.
    Black FC: 0260-9769-4230

<credit to mxe567
        Spoiler:- Clans:

Poor barry but I could see it coming really doesnt stop Barry worshipping him hehe. And glad to see hes still sticking around to cheer for Ash. I like Tobias name for Takuto it kinda suits him in a strange way. I like the way they can look up data on the computers it shows they dont just go in one sided they have to think of a stratedy. And good to see that Pauls Electrabuzz evolved as well. Good episode. Oh and loved how Team Rocket were good buisnesspeople as well they should so go into that

It was kind of lame really.

3-0 Win by Paul. Hitmonlee should have made Ursaring faint, Empoleon was fail. It didn't even do anything, and Paul just messed around with Barry. Barry thought he gave Paul a good match, while Paul agreed!

Overall, it was a horrible battle. I am looking forward to Ash vs Paul the most, that will be a good battle.

I really liked this episode.
    I WANNA BETHE VERY BEST

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast