Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Casting a Paul on Barry (652)

Quote Originally Posted by Callum Bailey 4 life View Post
    It was kind of lame really.

3-0 Win by Paul. Hitmonlee should have made Ursaring faint, Empoleon was fail. It didn't even do anything, and Paul just messed around with Barry. Barry thought he gave Paul a good match, while Paul agreed!

Overall, it was a horrible battle. I am looking forward to Ash vs Paul the most, that will be a good battle.
    You are right.... Paul did play around Barry and it wasn't a close match as Barry thought.... but I think Paul agreed just to end the talk or something

[IMG]http://i56.*******.com/jinkwo.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Spoilers:

Overall it was an impressive battle. The best part definitely had to be Ursaring vs Hitmonlee. Still can't figure out why they wouldn't let the bear drop. Ursaring probably started taking some of Infernape's steroids >=D

I was actually surprised at how Paul actually said it was a good battle. Go Barry!

And of course, this epsiode truly proves how creepy Conway really is. Seriously he popped out of nowhere like 10 times the entire episode. Dawn has a special creeper....

Overall 8/10

Factoring in Conway's creepiness 9.5/10

I can't believe I forgot to comment on this battle. Well, I did like the battle. It does suck that Barry didn't even beat one of Paul's Pokémon, but if Empoleon's Hydro Cannon hit Electivire, that would have dealt a lot of damage. Hitmonlee did seem close to beat Ursaring as well. Hitmonlee VS Ursaring & Empoleon VS Electivire were my favorite parts of the battle. Barry having Skarmory & Hitmonlee instead off Rapidash & Snorlax was quite the surprise.
    10/10

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I liked this episode. I liked Barry's team because he used Hitmonlee and Skarmory.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

What the heck is that Ursaring made of, adamantium? I'm calling hax on the bear. Let's recap on the hits it took:

- Spikes damage on switching in
    - Mega Kick (which is normal type, but still)
    - Close Combat
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Blaze Kick, got burned to activate Guts
    - Reflected Focus Blast (also a fighting type move, FYI)

and it STILL didn't go down? OMG. I literally started yelling at my screen when Hitmonlee fainted, then the reflected Focus Blast from Empoleon just made me do a facepalm. It seems that that entire beatdown from Hitmonlee was simply to buildup to a Blaze Kick + burn to activate Guts, which everyone should still remember from Paul vs Ash at Lake Acuity. If Barry had stuck with any other attack, Hitmonlee should have been able to faint Murdabear.

I also dislike how the spikes effect from Skarmory basically had no effect at all and that the constant burn damage was basically ignored after initial activation. I'm all for Paul giving Barry the beatdown, but Hitmonlee vs Ursaring was just unfair.
    DP Friend Code: 2235 7217 1822

This episode was cool. It was great to finally see Paul and Barry battle each other. The battle was very one-sided, and Paul won more easily than expected. It's not surprising at all that Paul won this battle. Paul's Ursaring was so powerful in this battle, it took so many hits but was still standing. It was cool to see Spikes attack for the 1st time. It was cool to find out that Paul's Electabuzz had evolved into Electivire.

96/100

The episode was great. The same minute skarmory came in using spikes and then flamthrowed by magmortar, then finally falling to the ground made me lol. Ursabeast was here which made me lol even more and Empoleon at the end was just amazing.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

Saw this yesterday on YTV.

Barry got completely destroyed. It wasn't fair.

I really like how got Hitmonlee, though. What a cool Pokemon.

But, honestly, I know Paul's strong, but really?

Skarmory got KOd in one shot, and Hitmonlee wasn't very resilient either.

I like how Torrent was showcased, and that Ash actually knew what it was.

They could've at least let Electivire take some damage from that Hydro Cannon...I mean, really.

Wow, Barry got his butt kicked bad in this one!
    3-0? I thought he was going to at least take Magmortar out!

And, my god, that Ursaring is like invincible! Nothing and no one can take it out, it seems!

Bring on Ash vs. Conway!
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

LOL, after all that, Electivire just uses Protect when Empoleon used Hydro Cannon. XD

that Ursaring of Paul is a machine xD its so strong, all of Paul's Pokemon are uber strong D:
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Barry is a* ******

This episode was cool. It was great to see Barry finally battle Paul after wanting to for such a long time. It was awesome to find out that Barry had a Skarmory, One of my favourite Pokemon. It was also quite surprising. It was smart for him to use Spikes but unfortuntly Skarmory went down easily. Seeing Barry having Hitmonlee was also cool and surprising. I just don't get how Paul's Ursaring didn't go down since it took many strong Attacks, mostly were Super Effective. It was cool to see that Paul's Electabuzz had evolved into Electivire. Sad to see Barry lose so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SoLaR-ScEpTiLe View Post
    that Ursaring of Paul is a machine xD its so strong, all of Paul's Pokemon are uber strong D:
    Pauls Pokemon almost remind me of Gary's Pokemon because of how strong they were. I don't know it just seems that way.

My ideal battle ever!

A hilarious way to see Barry go down. I would've liked to see him actually beat one of Paul's Pokémon but I guess it wasn't meant to be. The battle was pretty good and I liked the fact that a pure Fighting-type Pokémon like Hitmonlee got some spotlight here since they rarely ever get to do anything. My favorite part? Empoleon standing in place and taking a Thunder attack even though it did end up losing because of it.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I'm glad Barry got destroyed in this battle.

Heehee, I did like this episode. Getting to see Barry battle his idol Paul was great. I did like everyone's reaction when Barry said he couldn't wait to battle Paul because they were the best trainers in the league. LOL

8/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/04 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Barry kind of annoys me so in a way, I'm glad he lost :') Paul absolutely annihilated poor Barry though, he had no chance. It was nice to see Barry go out with Empoleon though - his starter. I'm loving Team Rocket's side plot this league. Breaks up the battles really nicely but so as not to take away from the action, and it's entertaining.
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

This battle was so much better than Bianca's. Infact alot of Barry's battles were pretty good in my view. He was clumzy but he atleast knew how to battle pretty good.

My ideal battle ever!

It was surprising to see Barry's Hitmonlee in this episode, but it's a shame it couldn't defeat Paul's Ursaring, even after hitting it so many times. Paul's Electivire took down his Empoleon easily too.
    It's sad how Barry lost in 3-0 score, he should've defeated at least one Pokemon of Paul. But still, the battle was pretty good.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeX View Post
    Saw this yesterday on YTV.

Barry got completely destroyed. It wasn't fair.
    Barry had it coming, there's a little thing called Karma, and it payed Barry back for taking the easy way out on getting his final badge, by doing that I figured he'd get curbstomped early in the league no matter who he had to fight.

Though the one thing I will agree on is Paul's Ursuring is a monster, especially when Guts kicks in.

If karma was a factor then where was Paul's karma? I liked Paul but it felt weird that he got no real punishment for how cruel he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Barry had it coming, there's a little thing called Karma, and it payed Barry back for taking the easy way out on getting his final badge, by doing that I figured he'd get curbstomped early in the league no matter who he had to fight.

Though the one thing I will agree on is Paul's Ursuring is a monster, especially when Guts kicks in.
    way to argue against a post from two years ago. secondly there was nothing wrong with taking the badge, there wasnt a choice involved. volkner didnt want to battle

something ash doesn't believe in =/= wrong

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    If karma was a factor then where was Paul's karma? I liked Paul but it felt weird that he got no real punishment for how cruel he was.
    yeah agreed
    Last edited by Canada; 26th July 2013 at 1:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sling View Post
    way to argue against a post from two years ago. secondly there was nothing wrong with taking the badge, there wasnt a choice involved. volkner didnt want to battle

something ash doesn't believe in =/= wrong
    It's not how Ash feels, but rather, challenging oneself, think about it. Gym leaders serve as tests for trainers to get into the league, the tougher the challenges the more prepared you become, by taking the easy way out, which is essentially what Barry did, he payed for it in the league when Paul crushed him.

this battle sucks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234