Thread: The MapleStory Club!

Default The MapleStory Club!

Welcome to the MapleStory club! In this club, you can chat and discuss about the game MapleStory.

--------------------------------------------
    Here is a quick Q&A about MapleStory.

What is MapleStory?

- MapleStory is an online MMORPG.

What makes MapleStory different from other MMORPGs?

- In MapleStory you can have the power to create and customize your own character to be how you want to be. There are many jobs/classes for you to choose from such as Warriors, Magicians, Bowmen, Thieves, and Pirates. It also has unique items, monsters, and worlds for you to visit.

Here is my review of the game:
        Spoiler:- Review of MapleStory:

-------------------------------------------

CLUB RULES:

1. Must respect other club members, because bullying is bad.
    2. Must respect the club, if you don't like it then please leave.
    3. Please write in proper English, no slang (but abbreviations are allowed such as LOL, OMG, etc.)
    4. All other SerebiiForums rules still apply in this thread.
    5. When requesting to join, write your Serebii Username and server you play in (Players are optional)

Spoiler:- Members List:

Spoiler:- Contests!(updated July 29th!):

Spoiler:- News Archive:
    Last edited by 3lmi; 1st August 2010 at 3:37 AM.

Haha, I remember this game.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I hate it, but the last time I played was so long ago, and I've heard most of the problems I had with it are fixed now.

In any case, I had an account, but I gave it to a friend. It was in... Mardia, I believe though.

So that would be BlitzBlast - Mardia.

Moving on, really? You have an account in Scania? Based on memories that's basically lag central.
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

It's very laggy but I like it, I'll add you to the list. More people please join? YAY Approved, time to go roaming around Art Shops for some banners and stuff.
    Last edited by 3lmi; 28th July 2010 at 12:14 AM.

I'll join the club. I have a level 112 Sniper in Khaini. IGN: Wynmacher

Over eight years old and still running strong. Second oldest active running thread in the VG forum.

Ah, I found my old review.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast
    May as well review this...

Maplestory

Story

Despite having the word "story" in it, MS has no real story. There are various legends, and some of the quests you can do connect to each other, but mostly you just wander around doing who knows what.

Story: 3/10

Graphics

Maplestory is entirely 2d. You have your character, and an immeasurable amount of equipment that you can see on your character once equipped. In other words, the customization is infinite.

However, Nexon was very lazy with character models. If you turn around, your character's sprite will simply flip, many of the equips look the same (barring the weapons), and you'll have to pay real money if you actually want to have a chance at getting the best equipment for your level.

Graphics: 5/10

Gameplay

Here is where MS fails. At first, you'll be sucked in. You level up very quickly in the beginning, quests are easy and fun, and new equipment is easy to find.

But then, normally around level 30, reality sets in. You'll be spending days just getting your experience bar to half full, quests are annoying (kill 999 of one enemy for example), and the only way to get new equipment is to either slaughter one type of enemy hoping for a rare drop, or paying an insane amount of money at the Free Market (a place where people with Nexon Cash can set up shops to sell overpriced goods).

Also, if I may note, the class system is severely unbalanced. there are 5 classes: Thief, Pirate, Warrior, Archer and Mage. In the beginning, Pirates, Thieves, and Mages far outclass the Archers and Warriors due to the fact that the latter two can't hit anything due to low accuracy. Around 3rd job (Which is obtained at Level 70, which can take a year to reach) the Warriors and Archers improve, but at this point the Mages, Thieves and Pirates are unstoppable gods. It's only at 4th job when Warriors and Archers will catch up for good, but that's at Level 120.

The skill system is clever, with each level up giving you 3 skill points that you can give to whatever skill you want. Too bad that if you actually want your character to be good you have to put the points into certain skills.

There's a lot more I could put, but it all boils down to the same thing: you'll get sick of MS.

Gameplay: 2/10

Sound

MS is a mixed bag when it comes to sound. You'll enjoy some songs and hate the rest. But even the songs you like will eventually wear you down to the point you mute everything.

Sound: 3/10

Length/Replay

MS has no real end, and if you ever decide to replay it you'll quickly realize it's not worth starting from the bottom again.

Length/Replay: 2/10

Fun Factor

Here is where MS fails more. The online community is horrid. I could go into detail, but I won't. Also, the moderators rarely show up. People can hack, break rules, yada, and when you report them nothing will happen. It doesn't help that people randomly report people for no reason. Mods only show up frequently at the MS anniversary, and at that point it's too late.

And if that weren't bad enough, if you actually want to enjoy this game you'll have to pay real cash.

Fun Factor: 1/10.

Total: 2.6/10

MS is fun at first, but you'll quickly grow sick of it.
    Since you guys still play, can you tell me how much of this is changed? I mean, I've heard that the amount of XP required to level up has severely lowered, and that there are a bunch of all new classes and characters, but is the other stuff fixed yet?

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

>_<

I'll re-rate it to today's MapleStory (v 0.88) GMS.

Story - Many classes have a story nowfor example; Evan and Aran. Evan(Dragon Mage) and the mystery behind his Dragon, where it came from, and such, joins the Black Magician crew by accident. Aran(PoleArm Warrior) and after it got frozen by the Black Magician(Evil person in MapleStory), re-learning his skills, what happened after he + 4 others (Evan including kinda) and how the world is doing now. 7 / 10

Graphics - It is a 2D game but there is a ton of equips and weapons for you to use and customize your character. 5 / 10

Gameplay - Leveling has been reduced from 1 - 30 by 30&#37; and 30+ by 50%(GMS), and we are going to get Big Bang (mega patch, everything from formulas to classes will change) in a few months.
    1. Warriors have raw power and HP, and accuracy being the problem.
    2. Archers don't have to worry about accuracy(They have the most in the game) but with low mastery (% for minium damage) they tend to hit very HIGH numbers and very LOW numbers.
    3. Magicians are all-around, they get a different formulas(Good stable damage in the beginning but it slowly grows), but eventually all the other classes beat them in damage(They are the best trainers, but it will change when the Big Bang will change it).
    4. Thieves have high avoid, making monsters miss them, they move fast and deal okay damage. They have fast attacks and deal good damage. Often referred as ksers (kill stealers).
    5. Pirates have flashy and new attacks. Gunslingers are like Bowmen and Brawlers are like Warriors, they have the same advantages and same disadvantages.
    9 / 10

Sound - Since there are many new places, alot of new music is in the game. The music changes to the places and the music is catchy and have that RPG feel. 6 / 10

Fun Factor - There are alot of people meaning more KSers, more scammers, hackers. There are different servers each with there own economy. The game is at its all time low, many rollbacks, duped items and mesos(currency) and d/c hackers. If you find a good area with and don't fall for offers and use common sense you will be happy. 2 / 10(new players who don't know about the game) or 4 / 10(if you know about the game but it still is kinda bad)

Overall - it is a unique game that is like others but has it own theme and motif. 7.5 / 10

I'm going to add these to the Q&As at the front post! Welcome Ohtachi and thank you guys for postin, this club would have fell to the second page and die slowly.
    Last edited by 3lmi; 1st August 2010 at 3:31 AM.

I'll just say that you're part right Blitz in that MS is alot of things at first. But instead of growing sick of MS after a while I just got numb. And I've been scammed, defamed, KSed, etc and it's over the most trivial of stuff. After several years of it you get used to it. Sure the community isn't so great, but if the gameplay is addicting you get used to it. Yeah, I would give MS a low rating too though.
    Over eight years old and still running strong. Second oldest active running thread in the VG forum.

You know, since I've never actually used a Pirate, where do they fall on the class scale?

Because, back when I played, from level 1-30 Magicians and Thieves were better than Archers and Warriors in every possible way (more stable damage, more useful abilities, etc.), from level 30-70 they just get better while Archers get a noticable improvement with Mastery and Soul Arrow (while Warriors also get Mastery and a nice buff/debuff, but still can't really do anything), and from levels 70-120 Magicians finally fall behind while Thieves continue to surge ahead, with Archers getting an amazing skill (Strafe. Is. Awesome. The summon too of course), and Warriors finally becoming truly useful (DKs get Crusher, Crusaders get Combo, and White Knights... kind of get screwed over actually. I mean, elemental charge is nice, but it really doesn't compare).

Finally, on 120-200 magicians just suck (I've heard they've even added a cooldown on their ultimate attacks), while thieves... don't get that much from 4th job (except for Soul Star of course). Archers get hurricane though, and Warriors get new attacks and a nice buff (if Stance... or whatever that skills that prevents flinching is called can be called a buff)

That's what I remembered anyways. So yeah, Pirates, where are they?

>_<

Pirates are a mixed bag, Brawlers being better at lower levels and at higher levels they get weaker. Gunslingers are weak at lower levels and get better in 4th job. Corsairs(Gunslingers) are the strongest in the game DPM wise.

Stopped leveling at 115 for now. So close to 4th Job yet so far. >.>

Ahhh I remember this game. I got way to addicted so I stopped. It was ruining my grades and social life . Plus MS has too many mean people and the people in the guild I was in had no lives so they lvled a lot which tempted me to spend even more time to catch up with them. Plus I couldn't afford nx and being a lvl 100+ w/o nx sucks. Also I was terrible at making mesos since I don't waste 10 hours a day looking for chaos scrolls. Before I stopped I had a lvl 108 F/P Mage (Fire, Poison Mage) in Mardia. Overall I give MS a 2/10-MS is a terrible life-consuming game.
    Last edited by Charminions; 16th August 2010 at 12:24 AM.

Yeah I don't bother with the Free Market system in MapleStory period. Which means I'm broke after making it to 115. Pity because I was so close to 4th Job. I really don't like how much influence NX has on the game now. Online gamers are better off playing pay-to-play online games than MapleStory. If I had a higher paying job I'd play FFXIV and Maple at the same time.