Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Dimensions of Darkness Book 3: The Explorers of the Beyond

Good chapter! After so long, the group makes it to the Resistance HQ. It's been more than 10 chapters, right? I wonder what Piplup and the gang's individual missions are. Too bad Sunflora & Loudred got caught. Hopefully Dusknoir can tell everyone about Shiftry, Hitmontop, Cacnea & Pawniard in time. Imagine if Piplup and the gang were there.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

There's more than just banditry going on with Shiftry and Co. isn't there? There's something else going on as well... otherwise, why would they take up residence in the town? Shiftry's up to something...
    And nice to see that they finally made it into the HQ. they've only been heading in that general direction for what, ninety per cent of the fic? Now all we need to know is how Combusken's going to hide in the HQ, and who the Big Boss is.
    "Nothing is impossible- The word itself says, 'I'm possible!'"- Audrey Hepburn

One crazy trip: The adventures of a beret-clad boy and his best friend the sky. One day I will learn how to forum-format at a decent speed. Promise.

Wow intresting chapter. Can't wait for more. I wonder who the Big Boss is.

Name: Drainer
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    Piplup sighed in frustration. “Don’t get to cocky, Star Chimp. I’m guessing this guy is no pushover.”
    Shouldn't it be 'too' instead of 'to'?

I think there was another mistake in Chapters 18 & 19, but I forgot where it was . ;P Hopefully someone else will find it. Anyway, I liked both of those chapters and the little back story about Dragonite's past is also very interesting. Also, any hints on who the "Big Boss" is, or should we just wait until the next chapter?

September seems like a good time to finish it, mostly because it's around the time school starts, so you would want it done by then. Can't you just have an extra document of your fic saved on your family computer just in case something happens to our laptop? Nonetheless, let's just hope nothing happens to laptop anytime soon!
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow XD001 View Post
    Shouldn't it be 'too' instead of 'to'?
    Yes, it should. I got it fixed.

I think there was another mistake in Chapters 18 & 19, but I forgot where it was . ;P Hopefully someone else will find it. Anyway, I liked both of those chapters and the little back story about Dragonite's past is also very interesting. Also, any hints on who the "Big Boss" is, or should we just wait until the next chapter?
    My hint for the Big Boss is that he's literally the "Big" Boss. Exactly how big? Between 10 feet and 20 feet tall. Have fun guessing.

September seems like a good time to finish it, mostly because it's around the time school starts, so you would want it done by then. Can't you just have an extra document of your fic saved on your family computer just in case something happens to our laptop? Nonetheless, let's just hope nothing happens to laptop anytime soon!
    Actually, I start school on August 23, which is actually pretty late for us. We normally start somewhere between the 12 and the 18. Another thing that's weird about us is that we don't really have a spring break at all, it's only a five-day weekend. They make up for it though with summer break because we normally get out in the last week or two of May. But anyway, I can't open pages saved from my laptop on the family computer because my parents don't have Word downloaded on the normal computer.

Also, because it takes way too freakin' long to send out PMs in the morning, I've decided that I'll send out PMs every three chapters, so long as they're all within just a three or four day time period.
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 2nd August 2011 at 6:17 PM.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    My hint for the Big Boss is that he's literally the "Big" Boss. Exactly how big? Between 10 feet and 20 feet tall. Have fun guessing.
    SNorlax, as it would be ironic that such a lazy 'Mon would keep such an intensive organization going. plus, it's "big" in the fat sense as well.
    Also, because it takes way too freakin' long to send out PMs in the morning, I've decided that I'll send out PMs every three chapters, so long as they're all within just a three or four day time period.
    we still get here before you send them anyway...
    "Nothing is impossible- The word itself says, 'I'm possible!'"- Audrey Hepburn

One crazy trip: The adventures of a beret-clad boy and his best friend the sky. One day I will learn how to forum-format at a decent speed. Promise.

Quote Originally Posted by scizorstrike View Post
    SNorlax, as it would be ironic that such a lazy 'Mon would keep such an intensive organization going. plus, it's "big" in the fat sense as well.
    Possibly...

we still get here before you send them anyway...
    Not everyone, just a handful.

Author's Profile

You know, between 10 and 20 feet narrows it down if you use a Pokedex and order everything by height.
    Mentioning the meme will result in OVER 9000 Hydro Pumps in your face! I don't want to get into that, and neither should you.

I have already evolved and killed you all! (And by that I mean 49 trainers in a row at the battle tower.)

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

I'm thinking it may be Arceus?
    YouTube Pika250, Twitter Pika250
    BMGf no. 8125 (Pika25), Smogon no. 8077 (Pika25)
    Find me at those Forums too!

My Pokemon Online Dream Team, I am "Scotty" on PO

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMudkip View Post
    You know, between 10 and 20 feet narrows it down if you use a Pokedex and order everything by height.
    That's what I intended to do. There aren't too many Pokemon in that range, but there are enough plausible candidates to make it difficult.

Author's Profile

Okay, so I just checked the PokéDex on my brother's White Version (since I still need to see about 200 Pokémon on my Dex and some could be 10-20 feet) and these are all the Pokémon that range from 10 - 20 feet, for that at least mildly interested.
    1) Kyurem
    2) Arceus which is of course what most people are thinking
    3) Reshiram
    4) Serperior
    5) Arbok
    6) Groudon
    7) Regigigas
    8) Ho-Oh
    9) Dragonair
    10) Palkia
    11) Kyogre
    12) Giratina
    13) Lugia
    14) Dialga
    15) Milotic

I put Milotic on the list, but would it still be a possibility as it's only 4 inches over the 20 feet maximum? Same with Kyurem, expect it's only 2 inches under 10 feet. If they doesn't count, than I think the Big Boss is Serperior. I don't really see it being any of the legendaries and Arbok, but it could Milotic, if that counts.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

Now I get it. There are a colossal number of legendary Pokemon in that range. About all of the cover legends and their trio masters....
    Mentioning the meme will result in OVER 9000 Hydro Pumps in your face! I don't want to get into that, and neither should you.

I have already evolved and killed you all! (And by that I mean 49 trainers in a row at the battle tower.)

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

tripple chappie cool. all were good and i have a wierd weird feeling exadrill is not dead call me crazy. cant wait too see the big boss
    PASBL stats
    FB stats
    Virtuadopt clicks

Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Anyone may ref for me

Ah!! I just started reading this book recently, and I was really surprised at how much I liked it. I read the first chapter, but I had to get up in the middle of the night because I could NOT STOP THINKING ABOUT IT. I love the book so far, and I never fail to laugh at the jokes. Probably the best fic I've read. (But I'm kind of a noob to serebii, so that may not be the best judgement....) Anyway, keep writing, and I'll keep reading.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetEspeon View Post
    Ah!! I just started reading this book recently, and I was really surprised at how much I liked it. I read the first chapter, but I had to get up in the middle of the night because I could NOT STOP THINKING ABOUT IT. I love the book so far, and I never fail to laugh at the jokes. Probably the best fic I've read. (But I'm kind of a noob to serebii, so that may not be the best judgement....) Anyway, keep writing, and I'll keep reading.
    Thanks for the compliments! Just keep reading fics and you'll find plenty better than mine, trust me.

Author's Profile

Greetings! Sorry I don't have the next chapter up yet, but I've actually been pretty busy lately. I'm planning to get some writing time in between now and my vacation next month, though, so I'll try to get at least a few more chapters up between now and then. But that is not the reason I'm posting. Rather, I have two different reasons:

Reason number one is that I have the announcement of what my next fan-fiction project after Dimensions of Darkness will be. While I do have plans for a different series of fics, my currently unrevealed Project: Primordial, I first plan to post a standalone fic. It's working title was PMD: Uprising, but I eventually settled on what I believe to be a far more fitting title: Envoy. For now, all that I'll say is that it is related to the world of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, but that it is unrelated to any of the events or characters from the Mystery Dungeon games or the Dimensions of Darkness series.

Second things I must say: For anyone who is interested, my good friend and reader Shadow XD001 has recently started up a gaming forum and is seeking people who would like to join. If you want to check it out, here's a link: http://gamingplaza.forumotion.com/

Author's Profile

i can't wait,how long is it going to be?
    No longer active here. You can find me at the forum below, I'm AngelEevee.

btw,can you think about a fourth book?
    it should start with piplup and chimchar then deoxys telling them to make darkrai good cuz you'll likely just have him lose his memory but this time with no possible recovery.

think about that,can you?

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalBlush View Post
    i can't wait,how long is it going to be?
    I think he might have said 45 chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalBlush View Post
    btw,can you think about a fourth book?
    it should start with piplup and chimchar then deoxys telling them to make darkrai good cuz you'll likely just have him lose his memory but this time with no possible recovery.

think about that,can you?
    Double post......Deoxys is evil too. It would suck if Gallade couldn't wrap up the stuff with Deoxys & Darkrai in 45 chapters. I think he said this was supposed to just be a trilogy.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    I think he might have said 45 chapters
    i meant how long the wait for the next chapter would be.

Whew, finally caught up. Just gotta say, you're a creative genius.

Also, I find it awesome that a Meganium gets a part of the story. I've always loved the Chikorita evolution line.

Anyways, keep on writing and feel free to add me to the PM list.

awesome book i love it

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon My Dream World

read it please
    Last edited by CrystalBlush; 18th September 2011 at 2:20 AM.

88: Like Futurama, we're back, baby!

89: And here I thought this was dead.

88: Not dead, just hibernating.

89: Through half of summer?

88: GR's one messed up bear.

89: He's a bear?

88: Figure of speech.

89: He's a figure of speech?

88: Never mind. Anyway, we've recently learned that we have absolutely no role in advancing the plot of this story.

89: Kind of heart-breaking, but we can put up with it.

88: So we've been hired to introduce the new chapters and such.

89: At least until we run out of material.

88: Which will probably sooner rather than later. Enjoy the chapter!

Chapter 20
    Knighthood

“And on your left, you will see one of the rooms of our army barracks.”

“Ooh.”

“And now on your right, there is a training ground.”

“Aah.”

“And just down this hallway are more army barracks.”

88 had had enough. “Noctowl, this is literally the twenty-fourth room of barracks that you’ve shown us, and we’ve seen a dozen training grounds as well. Do we really have to see all of them?”

Noctowl made a tsk-tsk noise while shaking his head. “Young friend, I can understand that this may bore you, but if you are to be staying here in our base, you must be familiar with every nook and cranny of it.”

“Great,” 88 muttered. “My buddy here isn’t even familiar with every nook and cranny on the back of his hand.” He turned to 89, who was intently examining his knuckles.

“That’s new,” he said to himself. “And very interesting. I should probably see an optometrist, just in case.”

“I just hope Piplup and Chimchar are better off than us,” 88 sighed.

Noctowl turned around and began hopping down the hallway. “Now please, come along. Our next stop will be the kitchen.”

88 and 89’s jaws dropped to the floor. “K-k-kitchen?”

“Of course! What do you think we do for food?”

88 picked his jaw off the floor while 89 slipped in the pool of drool which had spilled out at his feet. “This place just got about a thousand times more tolerable.”

“And on your left, you will see one of the rooms of our army barracks.”

“Ooh.”

“And now on your right, there is a training ground.”

“Aah.”

“And just down this hallway are more army barracks.”

Piplup had had enough. At precisely the same moment as 88, he growled at his guide. “Dragonite, this is literally the twenty-fourth room of barracks that you’ve shown us, and we’ve seen a dozen training grounds as well. Do we really have to see all of them?”

“Eh, not really, I’m just having some fun,” Dragonite said. “But if it makes you feel any better, the headquarters layout is symmetrical.”

“How does that make us feel better?” Chimchar inquired.

“It means that 88 and 89 have gone through all of this as well, and will still have to do it again on this side.”

Piplup smiled. “You’re right. That does make me feel better.”

“Good,” Dragonite said. “But that doesn’t really matter, because we’re here.”

They had reached a bend in the long, metal-plated hallway. On the corner, there was an enormous wooden door which stood from floor to ceiling. It seemed completely out of place in comparison to the rest of the chrome-covered lair, but perhaps that was intentional. This was the most special room in all of the headquarters. It could only be assumed that it would look special as well. Dragonite rapped his knuckles on the door three times in quick succession. In response, a small slat slid open, through which a pair of eyes peered out.

“Password.”

Dragonite stuck his finger through the small window and there was a yelp from the other side. “Absol, there’s no password to get in here.”

“Yes, there is!” Absol said, recovering quickly. “I made it up while you were gone!”

“Then how could I know it?”

“Well, it’s just . . . uh, good point.” The window slammed shut. A moment later, the door swung outward, causing Dragonite to step back to avoid being crushed.

“You did that on purpose!” Dragonite accused as Absol stepped into the hall.

Absol grinned, rubbing his eye with his paw. “An eye for an eye, eh?”

Dragonite scowled as he stepped through the doorway. “Sure, but you didn’t go for an eye, you went for every bone in my body.”

Absol shrugged as he moved to follow his companion. “You say Tamato, I say tomato.”

Piplup opened his mouth to speak, but decided against it. He turned to Chimchar, who merely shrugged at the exchange which had just occurred.

“Come on, then,” Dragonite said, ushering them into the darkened room. “It won’t do much good to keep the Boss waiting.”

“It won’t do much good at all,” Absol added dramatically. He then backed away, melting into the shadows.

Dragonite sighed. “Don’t pay him any mind. He’s just a bit . . . eccentric.”

Absol was out of sight, but his answer was still audible. “Would an eccentric person have a secret collection of petrified coprolites?”

“No!” Dragonite gagged. “That’s not eccentric, that’s insane!”

“Oh, in that case, I’m eccentric.”

Piplup, Chimchar, Prinplup, and Dragonite continued further into the room, ignoring the distressed Absol following them. As they continued further into the room, the light seemed to grow even dimmer. Then, it disappeared altogether as Absol slammed the door.

“Absol!” Dragonite growled. “What did you do that for? We can’t all see in the dark, you know!”

“You’re fine!” Absol said. “Just follow the monkey’s butt.”

Normally Chimchar would have been offended by such a statement, but he figured that it would be best not to argue with a Pokemon that could probably eat him. “Sure, just follow me. Like I have half a clue where I’m going.”

“No, Chimchar, it’s alright,” Dragonite said. “I know the layout of this room, I can lead the way.”

They continued walking for another dozen paces before Dragonite stopped. Unable to see him, Piplup stepped on his tail, resulting in a loud yelp that rebounded around the room, acting as a testament to its enormity. Chimchar then bumped into Piplup, causing him once again to step on Dragonite’s tail. The two smaller figures fell to the floor in a heap while Dragonite stumbled forward. Absol rolled on the floor in hysterics while Prinplup froze where she stood, determined not to become a part of whatever accident was occurring in front of her.

Suddenly, there was a long whoosh and a gust of wind whistled through the chamber. All five froze where they stood (or lay, in the case of Piplup and Chimchar). “He’s awake,” Absol murmured.

“Who?” Chimchar asked.

“Our boss,” Dragonite whispered. “The Lord of the Air.”

The breeze continued to whip, but it was soon drowned out by a low hiss. With a burst of sound, an orb on the left wall exploded into glowing green light. It was followed by its match on the opposite side of the room. The pattern continued until all of them were illuminated, six on each of the side walls and three on the far end. The black room was flooded with light and shadows. Piplup and Chimchar jumped to their feet and were about to comment on the seemingly empty chamber, but then they stopped. One of the shadows was moving. It snaked high into the air, towering over the gathered group below. Piplup and Chimchar both stumbled backward to hide behind Dragonite as the shadow grew ever larger.

Doo doo doo, doo-doo doo

A melodious sound filled the air as the shadow sprouted an enormous pair of wings. The song wound its way through all of their ears, its soothing tune lulling all of them into a stupor of sorts. Piplup felt the calming wind that could always whistled through the teeth of Sharpedo Bluff. Chimchar heard the gentle rhythm of waves on the beach. Whispers of friends long since past echoed inside Dragonite’s head while Prinplup was immersed in the silence of her former canyon home. Absol’s dreams were so potent that they even spilled into the other’s, overwhelming every other sound with a full orchestral version of The Guardian’s Song from The Power of One, aka the best Pokemon movie ever.

“Is anyone else hearing this?” Chimchar said.

“Just ignore him and he’ll go away,” Piplup said. “He never breaks the fourth wall for more than a few sentences at a time.”

“I was talking about the music.”

“Oh. Uh, so was I.”

“Welcome.”

The word hung on the air, more thought than said, more felt than heard. The voice was surprisingly soft for the enormous creature it belonged to, and it was every bit as melodious as the song which had only just ceased.

Piplup was the first to gain the courage to speak. “Wh-who are you?”

The winged beast flourished its feathers, filling the room with silver light. “Me? I am the Beast of the Sea, the Bearer of Silver Feathers, and the Commander of the Resistance.” Its white skin glinted in the light and its soulful eyes gleamed. “I am Lugia.”

“Now that you’ve seen some of the barracks up close, would you like to visit the mess hall?”

89 dragged himself dramatically across the floor behind Noctowl. “No thanks, I’d rather we just hit the cafeteria.” 88 opened his mouth to speak, but then decided better of it.

“You’d best just follow me, then,” Noctowl said, fluttering off down the nearest chrome-plated hallway. “I’ll bring you back to look at the rest of the barracks later, but right now, I’m feeling rather peckish.”

“Just don’t peck me and I’ll be fine,” 89 said, scrambling to his feet. “Now lead on, McDuff.”

Noctowl hovered down the hallway with the Chowderheads right behind him. After passing a few more living chambers, which the owl thankfully overlooked, they arrived in an enormous room, nearly as big as the base’s hub and entry way. As the rest of the base, chrome-plates covered the walls and ceiling. Torches were spaced at even intervals around the circular room, and in the center was a round enclosure. Inside the short wall, a large pink Pokemon was visible twisting around and working numerous fires. Noctowl strode up to the counter of the enclosure and rang a small bell, catching the chef’s attention.

“Order up, Chef!” he said in a sing-song voice.

“Jutht a thecond,” came the reply.

“Wow, cool kitchen,” 88 said. “Metal pots, contained fires, eating utensils! All very impressive.”

Noctowl frowned. “You mean those aren’t common place in your dimension?”

“Apparently we’re not an evolved society,” 88 answered.

“Un-evolved?” Noctowl smirked. “You mean like ‘go behind a bush and wipe with a leaf’?”

89 grinned goofily. “Who wipes?”

Noctowl took a step back in repulsion. “Don’t worry, they’re not all as bad as he is,” 88 assured.

“I should hope not,” the chef replied. “That thoundth quite dithguthting.”

88 shrugged. “Well, it’s not – aaiii!” He jumped away in surprise as the chef turned around, revealing an enormous tongue hanging over his lip. “Wh-what the heck?”

“I get that a lot,” the chef said. “Name’th Lickitung. Glad to meet ya.” At that, the chef’s snake-like tongue reached over the counter and slapped 88 multiple times across the face before retracting back to its owner’s mouth. 88’s mouth opened and closed as if speaking, but no sound came out.

“That’s how he gets to know you.” The group looked up as Magby emerged from the hallway opposite. “Don’t worry, the tingling goes away after a few hours.”

“I don’t care about that!” 89 wailed. “I’m just hungry!”

“Right then,” Noctowl said. “Chef, get a plate of honeydew and berries for the new soldiers.”

Chef gave a quick salute with his tongue. “Coming right up.” He spun around and a loud din of clattering dinnerware rose in the kitchen. A few minutes later, four plates sat on the counter. Each held a large cube of green goo surrounded by berries of various sizes and colors.

“Dig in, boys!” Magby said, taking a seat at a nearby table. Noctowl stuck his beak directly into the goo and took a loud slurp.

“You must try the honeydew,” he said in between slurps. “It’s simply divine.”

“If you say so,” 89 said. He grabbed a fork and stabbed it into the honeydew, taking out a wobbling hunk of goo. 88 sighed, once again mourning the fact that he didn’t have opposable thumbs. Finally, he gave up and stuck his face into the cube, tearing off as big a bite as he could.

“You said this was honeydew?” 88 inquired. “It’s very delicious, very sweet. How do you make it?”

Magby grinned. “You’d have to ask the Chef. Rumor has it that he has a secret breeding facility of Caterpie somewhere in the base, but I’m not saying that it’s true or that it’s related to his cooking.” He looked around conspiratorially and winked.

88 gulped. “Um, I think I lost my appetite.”

“Nonsense!” Noctowl said. “Two growing young privates like you need a healthy meal.”

“Don’t worry,” 88 said. “We’ll get by just fi – Privates?!?!” He fell from his stool in a dead faint.

Lickitung craned his neck at the sound of 88 hitting the floor. “It’th not food poithoning, I thwear!”

Dragonite, Absol, and Prinplup immediately saluted the silver-winged being before them. “General, sir!” they cried in unison. Dragonite kicked Piplup, spurring him and Chimchar to salute as well.

“At ease, soldiers,” Lugia said. Piplup felt entranced by the musical tone of the voice, unable to focus on anything else. “We have guests among us, and I would prefer not to put them through these formalities.”

“Yes, General, sir,” the three rebels said as one.

Lugia sighed, having obviously been through this before. “Enough with the General sir!”

This time, Absol was the only to respond. “Of course, General . . . sorry.”

Lugia looked over the assembled five. “Thank you all for gathering here in this most wondrous of times.” His gaze settled first on Dragonite. “Many thanks to you, Dragonite, for undergoing years of undercover work over enemy lines and for bringing these two to us, despite the risks.” His tone grew momentarily melancholy. “My sympathies also go out to you regarding the blacksmith Excadrill. I know you were particularly close to him, and I am truly sorry that he had to die.”

Dragonite nodded, a lump in his throat. “He died an honorable death.”

“He will be remembered,” Lugia assured. He shifted his gaze to Prinplup. “Thank you, Warrior Maiden, for going out to meet our guests and to bring them here safely, and for lending your services in defeating the weapon sealed in the plains.”

Prinplup bowed deeply. “All in a day’s work.”

“And you, Absol . . .” Lugia paused. “Well, you didn’t really do anything impressive. All you did was open the entrance for them.”

“I believe that is noteworthy,” Absol said indignantly. “My part in all this is just as important!”

“If you say so,” Lugia smirked. He finally turned to face the two newcomers. “And now that you are here, the order is complete.”

“Order?” Piplup said inquisitively. “What order?”

Absol beamed and leapt to attention. “You heard him, fellas! Assemble!”

There was a sudden flash as three more figures emerged from behind Lugia. At the same time, Prinplup, Dragonite, and Absol flipped backwards to stand next to them, and they all struck poses.

The first of the newcomers was a large green turtle with a tree growing on his back. “Torterra the Wise!”

A serpentine form with shimmering pink skin coiled up next to the turtle. “Milotic the Elegant!”

“Darmanitan the Swift!” The final of the newcomers dropped down in front of the others.

“Dragonite the Mighty!” Dragonite added half-heartedly.

Prinplup glared at Dragonite, who simply shrugged. “Prinplup the Warrior!”

Finally, Absol took his place at the head of the group. “And last but not least, Absol the Indignant!” Piplup and Chimchar stifled giggles, causing Absol, quite ironically, to look at them indignantly.

“Together,” Prinplup declared dramatically. “We are . . .”

Five of them spoke as one, while Dragonite simply yawned. “The Infinity Knights!”

Piplup and Chimchar turned to each other and blinked. Then they turned to Lugia. “What the heck just happened?”

Lugia chuckled merrily, and even his laugh was melodic. “You just met my order of knights. It makes me wonder why I allowed such an obnoxious group into my inner circle.”

“Hey, I’m only an unwilling participant in this little show,” Dragonite said indignantly.

“Don’t sound so indignant!” Absol said. “That’s my job.”

“Enough, both of you!” Lugia said. “Piplup, Chimchar, these are the Infinity Knights. They traditionally serve underneath the king of the Beyond.” He gestured toward the group with his wing. “You’ve already been acquainted with Dragonite, Prinplup, and Absol, of course. The other three are Torterra, Milotic, and Darmanitan.”

The three stepped forward and bowed to their guests. “How do you do?” Torterra asked.

“How do you do what?” Chimchar inquired.

“What he means is that we’re pleased to meet you,” Milotic answered. She extended her tail to shake hands with Piplup.

Darmanitan moved forward in short hops until he stood before Chimchar. He stuck out his hand and shook Chimchar’s vigorously, leaving the smaller primate spinning where he stood. “Happy to meet ya! Name’s Darmanitan. You know since we’re both primates and we’re both Fire types we must be related in some way or another. Well I’m not actually a primate that’s just a common misconception I’m actually supposed to be like this weird thing called a daruma doll. Did you know that darumas don’t have eyes in their sockets? At least I think that’s how it goes I don’t know my Japanese mythology that well though I do consider myself a bit of an expert since I played this totally awesome game called Okami. CELESTIAL CLEAVER BLAAAAARGH!!!”

The room grew silent and everybody stared at Darmanitan. Dragonite coughed. “As you can see, Darmanitan is very excitable.”

“Guilty as charged,” Darmanitan said, grinning.

“So, these guys are knights?” Chimchar said. “Awesome! Dragonite, why didn’t you tell us?”

Dragonite shrugged. “I guess it just never came up.”

“Ever since the Beyond was established, this order has existed,” Lugia explained. “The Infinity Knights were established under the first king, Infernape. They have existed under every Resistance leader ever since.”

“A king’s order?” Piplup said. “Does that mean you’re the king?”

Lugia laughed. “Heavens no. There has not been a true king since Infernape himself was murdered. The leaders of the Resistance like me have merely acted as placeholders until the next king comes along. The seven knights still serve as our guards and advisors.”

“Ah,” Piplup said understandingly. “That makes a lot of sense.” Then he paused. “Wait, but you said there are seven knights. There are only six here.”

“That is where you are wrong,” Lugia said. “The seventh stands directly before me.”

Piplup pointed at Chimchar. Lugia shook his head. Piplup spun around in a circle, making sure that no one was standing behind him. He pointed at a potted plant near the door. Lugia shook his head. Finally, he pointed at himself. “Correct,” Lugia answered. “Piplup, you are the seventh knight.”

Absol elbowed Dragonite, smiling mischievously. “Must be spring.”

“Why is that?” Dragonite asked.

“The knights are getting short,” Absol whispered, then burst out laughing, causing Piplup to look up in alarm. Dragonite did his best to stifle a snicker.

“I get the feeling a joke was just made at my expense,” Piplup said.

Absol quickly composed himself. “No no, it’s fine. Just stand tall, if you can, and you won’t get the short end of the stick this time.” He started laughing again, but it quickly turned to screaming as an Aura Sphere exploded at his feet.

Lugia looked in wonder at the fuming Piplup. “So, you truly are the Silver One. Your aura is incredible indeed.”

“Thanks,” Piplup said. “I get that a lot.”

Chimchar stamped his foot impatiently. “Not to put a damper on things here, but I’m feeling a little left out. Being the only person in a room who isn’t a knight or military leader can do that to a ‘mon.”

“Of course, Chimchar, my apologies,” Lugia said. “You too shall stand on high in the Resistance. With the mighty sword Aureus, you shall lead armies as my highest lieutenant.”

“Well, I suppose that’s satisfactory,” Chimchar said. “I do have references, should you ever consider me for a higher position.”

“I’ll keep that in mind,” Lugia said with a smile. “But already we must begin our preparations. The knights and I have much to discuss.”

Chimchar nodded. “Alrighty then, let’s get started.” An awkward silence filled the room. Absol coughed indignantly. Dragonite shuffled his feet nervously.

Piplup seemed equally confused. “What? Why are you all acting like that?”

“Well,” Dragonite said hesitantly. “You see, this meeting is for the Infinity Knights. Exclusively. As are all of our meetings.”

“Wait a second,” Piplup said. “You mean Chimchar can’t be a part of this meeting?”

“He can’t be included in any of our meetings,” Absol said bluntly (and slightly indignantly).

Piplup stepped back to stand by Chimchar. “So he’ll be excluded from all of these important gatherings.”

“I’m also sad to say that we won’t be fighting in the same places at the same time often,” Lugia added. “You two will commonly be apart.”

“Be . . . apart?” Piplup gulped. He and Chimchar turned to each other simultaneously. They had hardly been apart since they met, except for the few months after the two had defeated Primal Dialga and Piplup had disappeared.

Chimchar stared at his feet. “I . . . I haven’t really been alone for awhile. I’m not sure I could handle it.”

“You won’t be alone,” Lugia assured. “You’ll be working closely with Charizard and Meganium, as well as some of the other Pokemon you’ve met here.”

“That’s great, I guess,” Chimchar said. “But it just won’t be the same without . . .”

“I know what you mean,” Piplup said. He looked up at Lugia, eyes glimmering. “I’m not sure how well I’ll function with the knights without Chimchar by my side.”

Lugia seemed to shrug, though it was hard to tell because of the wings. “It is your choice, Piplup. You may stay with Chimchar and work on his level if you wish. However, you must take into account the good of all, and how your choices may influence the Pokemon of the Beyond.”

“Gee, way to ease the pressure,” Piplup muttered sarcastically.

Chimchar put his hand on his partner’s shoulder. “Piplup, don’t make this decision based on me. You do what you think is best for everyone.” Chimchar looked away as he said this, ashamed to speak what was really on his mind. After all, what would Piplup think if he was selfish enough to hold him back from an offer of knighthood?

“Best for everyone . . .” Piplup mumbled. “This may be the chance to make my life truly shine.” He paused as he felt Chimchar draw back his hand. “But what if my shine were brightened by another?” He shook his head in frustration and spun around, glancing at all of the Pokemon surrounding him. Torterra and Milotic both wore neutral expressions, while Darmanitan hopped up and down in place. Absol flashed him a promising – and slightly indignant – smile. Dragonite simply shrugged, as if even he was unsure what Piplup’s decision should be.

Then there was Chimchar. Good ole Chimchar. The greatest Pokepal he could ever ask for. He searched Chimchar’s eyes, looking for the answer. There was joy, true happiness for Piplup that he was being offered such a powerful position. There was sadness that he may have to spend an extended amount of time away from Piplup, but pride that his partner would be doing such good work. However, Piplup could see that there were greater, deeper feelings. There was something strange, something selfish. Fear of being alone, perhaps. And . . . could that be . . . jealousy?

Piplup looked to the one person he had so far left out: Prinplup. She smiled and winked.

“Okay,” Piplup announced immediately. “I have made my decision.”

“Let us here it,” Lugia said, patiently awaiting the answer.

Piplup boldly looked Lugia in the eye. “I have decided, against my better judgment . . .”

Chimchar grinned hopefully.

“That I will join you as a knight.”

Chimchar’s smile vanished.

“Then welcome to our order, Sir Piplup!” Lugia declared, spreading his wings wide. Prinplup and Absol both laughed with delight and rushed forward to congratulate Piplup, joined a moment later by Torterra, Milotic, and Darmanitan. Dragonite hung back from the celebration, contemplating what he’d just watched. He glanced back and forth between the elated Piplup and the sulking Chimchar.

“Ooh boy,” he said, exhaling deeply. “This doesn’t seem to be a turn for the better.”

Dragonite was most certainly correct.

89: Hope you all enjoy it!

Hey, that's my line.

89: Sorry.
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 30th October 2011 at 3:53 PM.

Author's Profile

Glad you didn't give up on this story. I missed the mix of hilarity and the seriousness you throw into each chapter.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast