Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Dimensions of Darkness Book 3: The Explorers of the Beyond

Honestly, i can't wait to see ol' wigglytuff again.
    YOOMTAH!
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/s6m4b6.png[/IMG]

This is the Legion Ball, one of the most powerful pokeballs in the awesome rising game Pokemon Obsidian and Pokemon Moonstone.

Credits:
    Thanks Ezzpeon for the AWESOME sig & userbar. Also credit to Pokegirl4ever for the pokeball.

Sorry that I haven't been able to post any chapters recently, guys. My laptops been in the shop for over a week, which includes the half-finished chapter...
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    Sorry that I haven't been able to post any chapters recently, guys.
    Told you you wouldn't get the chapter out on time
    *takes cookies for self*
    Last edited by scizorstrike; 17th March 2011 at 6:22 PM.
    "Nothing is impossible- The word itself says, 'I'm possible!'"- Audrey Hepburn

One crazy trip: The adventures of a beret-clad boy and his best friend the sky. One day I will learn how to forum-format at a decent speed. Promise.

Quote Originally Posted by scizorstrike View Post
    Told you you wouldn't get the chapter out on time
    *takes cookies ofr self*
    Yeah yeah, rub it in. *goes to bake some more cookies* I swear, given the minimal time I've got to get on the family computer (my dad tends to hog it), I would have torn my hair out were it not for Black and White.

Author's Profile

Yeah yeah, rub it in.
    Okay!
    *concocts salve using concentrate smugness, epic awesomeness, and a dose of lemon juice, and rubs it in wounds*
    that feel any better? [/random]

One crazy trip: The adventures of a beret-clad boy and his best friend the sky. One day I will learn how to forum-format at a decent speed. Promise.

Default Air conditioner best tips to purchase the right one.

Click on the links below.

Sorry that I still haven't gotten the next chapter up. Don't worry, I plan to get two done for next weekend, along with the next episode of Bidoof Speak. I would have gotten at least one of those today, but I was working on this. It's a one-shot about N from Pokemon Black and White versions. Click the link if you want to check it out.

Author's Profile

Yeah yeah, already read it. iNteresting, isN't it?
    [/raNdom]

I'm back everybody! For those of you who may have missed it, here's a link to my newest fic, a one-shot called harmoNy. Also, I've posted a new chapter of Bidoof Speak in The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour, for those of you who want to check it out.

Chapter 8
    Spirits of the Past

“Urgh, my head hurts.”

“My everything hurts.”

Chimchar rolled into a sitting position and groaned. “I swear, this will never stop hurting.”

“That was a pretty rough battle,” Dragonite agreed. “But then again, we were fighting against legendary Pokemon. Moltres and Articuno are not opponents to be underestimated.”

“And don’t forget Raikou,” Chimchar added. “He wasn’t exactly a piece of cake either.”

Dragonite turned around and squinted into the back of the cave where they had taken shelter. “89? How are you faring back there?”

“I can taste sound,” came the drowsy reply. There was a sudden exhalation of breath as 89 sat up and shook his domed head in an effort to wake himself. “But that’s passed.”

“Good to know,” Dragonite muttered. “But I can’t help but wonder where Piplup and 88 are.”

“I know,” Chimchar shivered and moved a little closer to the fire in the center of the stone floor. “I know that Piplup could have defeated Moltres, but I can’t help but worry.”

“You should probably keep that up.”

The patrons of the cave looked up in surprise at the voice. There, standing in the mouth of the cave, was a Shieldon. It was battered, bruised, burnt, and otherwise beaten, but it was obviously 88. He limped forward and collapsed by the fire, clearly exhausted from his struggle through the canyon.

“88!” 89 gasped. The Cranidos was immediately on his feet and rushing to his partner’s side. “What happened, buddy? Are you alright?”

88 coughed, spewing out a cloud of dust. “Don’t worry about me, go find Piplup.”

“What happened to him?” Chimchar pressed. “Come on, tell us!”

“Dial it down, Chimchar,” Dragonite urged. “The poor ‘mon’s been through a lot.”

88 shook his head. “No, you’ve got to go get Piplup!”

“Stay calm, 88,” Dragonite said. “Now, calm down and tell us precisely what happened.”

88 took a deep breath before he began. “Piplup and I were in the thick of battling Moltres and were down in the canyon. Then, out of nowhere, Articuno fell out of the sky and slammed into the wall.” He smiled. “I’m assuming you guys were behind that?”

“You know it!” 89 grinned. “Well, it was mainly those two, but I helped! A little.”

“Just get on with it!” Chimchar pleaded.

“Yeah, of course,” 88 continued. “When Articuno fell, he knocked down an avalanche of boulders. I got away with my Dig, and I could hear Piplup on the other side. Then, I heard him yelling at somebody, and then there was nothing. He just stopped talking.”

Chimchar gulped. “That doesn’t sound very good.”

Dragonite stood and turned to leave. “We’d better get a move on. Chimchar, you come with me. 89, you stay with 88.”

“Roger dodger!” 89 saluted.

“I’d demand to come with you,” 88 said. “But I can’t feel my legs.”

“That’s fine, you’d just slow us down,” Dragonite said. “No offense.”

“Little taken.”

“Cut the chit-chat!” Chimchar snapped. “Let’s ride!”

He quickly charged outside with Dragonite right on his tail. Neither spoke as Dragonite took to the sky and swooped ahead with Chimchar running underneath. The search could be long, they knew, and perhaps it would be fruitless. But it would be worth it to make even remote progress.

When Piplup appeared striding joyfully down the center of the path, they nearly passed out.

“Hey Chimchar!” Piplup waved. “And – oh, hey Dragonite.” Neither noticed the look of contemplation that crossed his features.

“Piplup!” Chimchar whooped. He ran forward and threw his arms around his friend. “I was so worried! We thought you’d been captured, or worse!”

“What happened to you?” Dragonite inquired, coming in for a landing behind the smaller two Pokemon. “You seem to be in fine conditions, given what you’ve been through.”

Piplup smiled. “Let’s just say that I made a new friend.”

As the three walked back to their make-shift home, Piplup told the others all about Zoroark and the things he’d told him about. Then, when they’d reached the cave and were warming themselves by the fire, he repeated the story so that 88 and 89 would hear it.

88 shook his head wearily. “I don’t know about this. An agent of Dialga? It seems a little suspicious.”

“He’s got a slight point,” Dragonite said. “Did this Zoroark give you any proof as to his connection to the legendary deities?”

“Well, he knew a lot of things about us,” Piplup explained. “He knew all about me and Chimchar.” He paused. “Then again, who doesn’t? But still, he knew what color my aura is, he knew where you guys were hiding out, and he knew who you are, Dragonite.”

Dragonite scratched his chin thoughtfully. “Well, that doesn’t exactly prove it, but the fact that he didn’t kill you in a violent rage seems to make him out as an ally. And his story checks out, as well, for if his illusions are as good as you make them out to be, he would have no trouble keeping away from the eyes of Darkrai and Deoxys.”

Piplup nodded in agreement, but his expression suddenly changed. “That reminds me, Zoroark told me to ask you something.”

“Me?” Dragonite frowned. “Well, ask away, though I don’t exactly know what to expect.”

Piplup looked over the words carefully in his head before deciding on the proper structure of the sentence. “Oh yeah, I remember. Do you believe that the ends justify the means?”

Dragonite was taken aback. “Wh – what kind of question is that?”

“Hm?” Piplup frowned. This wasn’t the reaction he’d been expecting. It didn’t seem to be promising. “Don’t you understand what it means? I was hoping you would, because Zoroark refused to tell me.”

“W – well, it’s a tough question,” Dragonite stuttered. “It all depends on the way you look at it.”

“So what do you have to say on the matter, then?” Piplup said tersely. He could feel the tension in the air as Dragonite contemplated the answer in silence.

Finally, he spoke. “I would have to say that, in more drastic situations, the ends do in fact justify the means.”

Piplup seemed satisfied, but only for a moment. “But why would Zoroark want me to ask you that?”

“I . . . I wouldn’t know,” Dragonite said. He suddenly seemed very tired. “I think I’m going to go to bed.”

“I hear ya,” 89 agreed, yawning enormously.

88 stretched his legs and cracked his neck. “Yeah, I could use some shut eye about now.”

“Let’s all hit the hay,” Chimchar said. “We’ve got a long walk ahead of us tomorrow, if what Dragonite says is right.” There was no answer from Dragonite, who was apparently already asleep.

“Fine,” Piplup nodded. He curled up next to the fire, making sure not to get to close. He snuck one last look at Dragonite before closing his eyes and drifting to sleep. He dreamed of Darkrai, of their original battle in the Dark Crater, and of their second major conflict in the depths of the Core. He dreamed of his friends back home, of Grovyle, Dusknoir, and the Guild. He dreamed of Chimchar, and 88, and 89. But the entire time, looming in the shadows, there was another figure, a tormented shape full of trapped demons. He chased the figure through shadowy canyons, across plains of gray. Finally, he caught up and prepared to attack. But when the figure turned, he stopped and could only stare at the mournful figure before him.

It was Dragonite.

He lay awake, filled with wonder and dread at the question asked by Zoroark. Just what did this mysterious Pokemon know about the past? Eventually, he convinced himself to let his problems go, and his eyelids fluttered shut.

“Dragonite . . .”

His eyes snapped open wide.

Slowly, Dragonite sat up and looked around, searching for the source of the noise. Piplup and Chimchar lay peacefully by the dying fire, while 88 and 89 snored loudly. It was obvious that none of them had spoken. He stood and looked around, but saw nothing out of the ordinary. Just as he started to lay back down, it returned.

“Dragonite . . .”

Fully sure of what he’d heard this time, he rushed out of the cave. He looked high and low, but there was no one in sight. Scowling, he turned back towards the cave, and stifled a scream. Standing before him was the figure of a large pink creature with an egg on its stomach. Its eyes glowed a fiery purple and its skin had a black tinge to it.

“Wh – who are you?” Dragonite demanded.

“Do you not know who I am?” the Pokemon said robotically. “I am Blissey.”

Dragonite frowned and took a step backward. “I apologize, but I have no clue who you are. What are you doing here?”

Blissey didn’t answer, but a dark purple fog began to fill the air. Dragonite looked around in surprise as shadows melted from the fog all around him. On his right, a fluffy white and green Pokemon appeared. “I am Whimsicott.”

“I am Mienshao,” said a pink weasel-like Pokemon on his left.

Dragonite whirled around, desperate to keep track of the numerous figures appearing around him. More and more continued to step out of the mist, each one speaking their name in turn.

“I am Milotic.”

“I am Swadloon.”

“I am Glameow.”

“I am Miltank.”

Still more filled the area around him. There were still dozens more pouring out of thin air.

“I am Leafeon.”

“I am Paras.”

“I am Ralts.”

“I am Ninetales.”

Still more appeared. Still more names filled the air. Fraxure, Hoothoot, Tynamo, Raticate, Stunky, Cubchoo, Kangaskhan. Ivysaur, Whismur, Swoobat, Deino, Glalie, Togekiss, Smoochum. Then, the names stopped.

Dragonite gulped. All of the Pokemon were tinted black and their eyes glowed purple. Then, Blissey stepped forward again. “I come from Coaldale.”

“Coaldale,” Dragonite breathed. He knew the village. Had known the village.”

“I come from Darkrai’s Peak,” said Whimsicott.

“I come from Quarryside,” said Mienshao.

Dragonite could barely believe what was hearing as each Pokemon spoke their village in turn. All of them answered one of the same three villages: Coaldale, Darkrai’s Peak, or Quarryside. He knew these towns well. They each had suffered a massive catastrophe, and Dragonite would never forget them.

Finally, they ceased their speaking once again. They simply stared at the Pokemon they surrounded. “I’m sorry for all of you,” Dragonite said. “I know of all of your villages, and I know the loss that you suffered. But good came from the destruction, you know this. Large divisions of Darkrai’s army were killed by the disasters.”

For a moment, there was no response. Then, all of the Pokemon spoke in unison. “We are the spirits of your past, Dragonite. You have done us wrong.”

“No, it’s not true!” Dragonite pleaded. “I meant none of you any harm!”

“We are the spirits of your past,” they repeated. “And until our desires are fulfilled, we shall haunt your every dream.” With that, they vanished into the dissipating fog.

Dragonite could scarcely move. Where moments before there had been dozens of spirits, now there was only empty space. He fell to his knees, unable to remove the images from his head.

On the cliff-side far above, a solemn smile crossed Zoroark’s face.

With a screech of triumph, Moltres exploded upwards from its rocky prison and soared out over Gris Plains, where its army was waiting.

“You’re welcome!” its savior called sarcastically. He shook his head with a sigh. “A little gratitude wouldn’t kill you, you overgrown turkey!”

He sighed again and continued trudging through the canyon. Already it was growing late and he began to look for a cave where he could hole up for the night. As he walked, he could hear voices and looked up to see that one of the caves was actually occupied. The inhabitants seemed to be arguing over how much tea they would pack for their upcoming journey. “Fools,” the lone traveler muttered. “They don’t even know what kind of trouble they could get into around here. But I suppose I should leave them alone. There are bigger lizards to fry.”

He kept stalking silently down the center of the path, stopping every now and then to listen for signs of his prey. Eventually, he found a small cavern in which to conceal himself. He lit a fire the old fashioned-way, given that he knew no Fire-type attacks. Finally, his Stone Edge created enough sparks to ignite a fire, and he held out his claws to warm himself.

He had a small meal of Sitrus Berries, which were exceedingly rare in the Beyond. Only those closest to Darkrai and Deoxys could have access to such luxuries. Then, as he prepared to go to sleep, he caught a small scent on the air. An odd scent, but nevertheless, a familiar scent.

He hurried outside and sniffed again, catching a much stronger whiff. Then, he heard a small voice. A voice he knew well.

“Dragonite,” Garchomp breathed, a toothy grin spreading across his face. “I’ve found you at last.”

Hope you all enjoy it!

Next Time: Piplup and the others finally reach a safe haven where a friend of Dragonite takes them in. However, how much longer can this secret hideaway remain hidden from the watchful eyes of Darkrai and his cronies? Meanwhile, Combusken, Gothitelle, and Garchomp are all hot on the trail of the fugitives. Will any of them find their target, and if so, who will be the first to strike?

Author's Profile

*takes several minutes to catch up*

Ah, sorry for not posting for a LONG while! This chapter was great as always; did I catch a Penguins of Madagascar reference? And I'm curious to see what happens to Dragonite!
    on a hiatus at the moment.

Been away for a while, keep the good work up!

To answer the question, I think Gothitelle will be the first to strike.
    Why do n00bs exist? Find out by pressing Ctrl+W!

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386
    I'd squeak, too, and I'm merely a year older than she is. Hey, and 18 year olds squeal, too. :P I know I do.

Eighteen year olds actually squeal in USA. IT'S A CONSPIRACY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD USING SQUEALS OF EIGHTEEN YEAR OLDS!

Credits to Gladeshadow!

[IMG]http://i46.*******.com/mmxlg.png[/IMG]
    Exploting the AI like never before!

My OT fanfic: Fighting The Shadows

Yay! Awesome Chapter Feel abit sorry for Dragonite but now Garchomp has found him and that can't be good. Anyway keep it up. ^^

Name: Drainer
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

I do feel sorry for Dragonite. Basically, he destroyed those villages to get rid of Darkrai's cronies?

Wait, so in the last part, did Dragonite flee and save Moltres and meet up with Garchomp?

Nice chapter as always!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    I do feel sorry for Dragonite. Basically, he destroyed those villages to get rid of Darkrai's cronies?

Wait, so in the last part, did Dragonite flee and save Moltres and meet up with Garchomp?

Nice chapter as always!
    No, the last part was completely about Garchomp. I guess I made that a little hard to follow given that I never used pronouns besides "he" in it, but yes, the entire thing is about Garchomp. And I can neither confirm nor deny that Dragonite had anything to do with the destruction of the villages.

And yes, Purplepassion, you did see a Penguins reference in there.

Author's Profile

Goes back to the last segment.......

Oh, I see. Now I understand all of what was going on. So, on the way to Dragonite and the others, it was Garchomp who rescued Moltres.

What was the Penguins of Madagascar Reference?

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Goes back to the last segment.......

Oh, I see. Now I understand all of what was going on. So, on the way to Dragonite and the others, it was Garchomp who rescued Moltres.

What was the Penguins of Madagascar Reference?
    Exactly!

The Penguins of Madagascar reference was 89's "I can taste sound" line.

Author's Profile

Mmmmm... SOUND. tasty.

How unfortunate for Dragonite to be haunted by spirits. So I'm guessing Dragonite has done some bad deeds in his past that he's been regretting and now being haunted by them. My thoughts.

“Roger dodger!” 89 saluted.
    Hey, I know what you did here. Is this a certain hint of a certain "thing" that I'm thinking of? Or was this put up by accident? ^^
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/jb1rmh.jpg[/IMG]
    I claimed Ponyta

I customized these

Wow, another chapter, and dragonite has a bad past I bet.

I liked Zoroark's character, I'm wnating to see more of him.

Anyways, can I be on your PM list? I've read a lot of your chapters so far, its weird why I've not asked to be on the list yet.
    The Chronicles of Black and White- Book 1: Unova Journeys - My fanfic that I've recently started. There's more to it than just the story plot of the games, so hopefully you'll like it. Currently doing Chapter 4.

Quote Originally Posted by AstralEon View Post
    Hey, I know what you did here. Is this a certain hint of a certain "thing" that I'm thinking of? Or was this put up by accident? ^^
    Well, I don't have a clue what you're talking about, so it was an accident. What are you talking about, out of curiosity?

BWfan: Yes, you're on the PM list.

Author's Profile

Ah, so it was just me then.

Anyways, Roger dodger; I was referring it to a sub-game called 'Roger Dodger' from the 'After Dark Games' for the PC. It's a really old PC game released in the late 1990s. I have a knack for classic arcade games that's why. Again my mistake. ^^;

Back on topic:

Was there a specific purpose in why you choose the list of Pokemon you just added on Dragonite's part? Will we be seeing them again?
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/jb1rmh.jpg[/IMG]
    I claimed Ponyta

I customized these

Quote Originally Posted by AstralEon View Post
    Ah, so it was just me then.

Anyways, Roger dodger; I was referring it to a sub-game called 'Roger Dodger' from the 'After Dark Games' for the PC. It's a really old PC game released in the late 1990s. I have a knack for classic arcade games that's why. Again my mistake. ^^;

Back on topic:

Was there a specific purpose in why you choose the list of Pokemon you just added on Dragonite's part? Will we be seeing them again?
    Ah, I understand now.

No, the list was completely random. I was mainly just picking random Pokemon that don't play a major role of any kind in the games or in my fics. There is one Pokemon from one of those village whose story will be told in somewhat more detail, but she (gasp spoilers) wasn't among the ones listed.

Author's Profile

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast