Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Dimensions of Darkness Book 3: The Explorers of the Beyond

/Drinks Coffee

Hmm Maybe they all get ambushed by Deoxy's Army... AN ARMY of GOLEMS

And - And There is some type of resistance group waging war in ... this place.

Coffee rant/

Spoiler:- Sig Stuff:

No guys, I haven't died.

I'm loving the story so far, and the Beyond seems a pretty great idea! I went through all the chapters I missed, and they're all great.

The plot seems to be shaping up pretty well, and the harmonicas are great!

P.S: If anybody here is on Smogon, I'd appreciate if they would inform me there when the chapters went online here. I don't visit Serebii that often, but I don't wanna miss this either!
    So yeah guys, I'd appreciate if youhelped(since Serebii lag makes it hell to try and even log on repeatedly )
    Why do n00bs exist? Find out by pressing Ctrl+W!

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386
    I'd squeak, too, and I'm merely a year older than she is. Hey, and 18 year olds squeal, too. :P I know I do.

Eighteen year olds actually squeal in USA. IT'S A CONSPIRACY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD USING SQUEALS OF EIGHTEEN YEAR OLDS!

Credits to Gladeshadow!

[IMG]http://i46.*******.com/mmxlg.png[/IMG]
    Exploting the AI like never before!

My OT fanfic: Fighting The Shadows

I have returned!

...Briefly.

I plan to have the next chapter up at some point in the next two or three days. However, once I've got that chapter posted, I will be taking a hiatus for somewhere between two weeks and a month. I have another short fic that I want to get posted, and I don't believe that it will take long to complete. However, if it does begin to stretch out longer and it seems unlikely to be finished within a month, I will begin posting in this fic again, too.

For those who want to know, the new fic will be about the seven ancient beings of the Pokemon world, and it will be called Order and Chaos. The main character will be Arceus, with multiple Fakemon appearing throughout it.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Here it is!

Chapter 2
    Jailbreak

Piplup and Chimchar could only stare in amazement as Dragonite stuck a key into the lock on the cell door. With a single flourish, the door swung open. Dragonite smiled and twirled the key ring on his finger. "You're welcome."

"What...why...you..." Piplup sputtered, waving his arms about in confusion.

"Don't ask right now," Dragonite assured.

"But we have to-" Chimchar began.

Dragonite cut him off. "No, there's no time." He quickly tossed the ring of keys to Piplup, who fumbled them in his attempt to catch them. "We've got to hurry."

"What am I supposed to do with these?" Piplup asked.

Dragonite pointed down the hallway in the direction he had come. "Follow the hall that way," he instructed. "It goes in a circle all the way around the building. The cell with your friends in it isn't far away."

"Friends?" Chimchar gasped. "There are others here with us?"

"Yeah, there are two other fellows who got captured by Darkrai as well," Dragonite nodded.

"Friends!" Piplup squeaked. "And here I thought we were alone! Who is it? Grovyle and Dusknoir? Lucario and Mew? Wigglytuff?"

Dragonite scratched his chin. "I don't know their names. They've both got kinda shiny heads. One's blue, and one's yellow, and kinda gray."

Piplup smacked his forehead and groaned. "You've got to be kidding me."

"The chowderheads," Chimchar sighed. "Out of all of our friends, we just have to get stuck with the chowderheads."

"Well, you could always just leave them there and escape on your own," Dragonite offered.

"No no, we'll save them," Piplup sighed. "We can't just leave them here."

"I beg to differ," Chimchar argued, but a glare from Piplup shut him up.

Dragonite nodded. "Alright then. You two go and get your friends. I'll keep Garchomp busy." With that, he flew off in the opposite direction. "I'll meet you at the front entrance!"

"We'd better get going," Piplup said and began running down the hall.

Chimchar hurried to catch up. "Think about it, Piplup. This is 88 and 89 we're talking about. They'll be burdens to have following us around."

"Yes, but they saved us from Sceptile once in the Core," Piplup pointed out. "We've got to return the favor."

"Oh, come on!" Chimchar begged. "They're maniacs! Just do Darkrai the favor and kill me now! Just kill me now!"

"Shut up!" Piplup hissed. "We've got to keep quiet!"

Chimchar frowned. "But why do we have to worry about Garchomp hearing us? Between you, me, and Dragonite, I'm sure we could take him down."

"Just be quiet!" Piplup growled. "The principles of stealthiness demand that we do this stealthily! With stealth! We've had plenty of battles in our time, but not enough stealth! I want the stealth!"

"Okay, fine, you can have the stealth!" Chimchar grumbled. "Geesh, I was just asking a question!"

"Hello? Who's there?"

"Is it the pizza delivery guy?"

Piplup and Chimchar caught sight of a barred door in the wall ahead. It was clear who was inside.

"88! 89!" Piplup called. He ran to the door and peered into the darkness. Sure enough, the Shieldon and Cranidos duo was sitting on the floor, staring out at him.

"About time you got here!" the Cranidos growled. "It's been three days! That means the pizza is free!"

The Shieldon gasped. "89, that's not the pizzaman! It's Piplup!"

89 frowned. "Oh. Did you at least bring a pizza?"

"No, there is no pizza," Piplup snapped.

"Darn."

Chimchar stepped up beside Piplup. "We're here to bust you out, apparently." He recieved an elbow to the ribs from Piplup.

Piplup stuck one of the keys in the lock and turned. Nothing happened. "Wrong key," he frowned. He slid another key around and tried again. Nothing happened. Another key. Nothing happened.

"Aren't you supposed to be busting us out?" 88 grumbled.

"I'm trying!" Piplup growled. "Don't rush me!" Another key failed.

"Didn't Dragonite tell you which key to use?" Chimchar griped.

"You were there!" Piplup snapped. "He didn't say a thing about that!" Another key failed.

And another.

And another.

"Did I tell Piplup which key to use?"

Dragonite shrugged off the question and tore open the door. "Garchomp!" he gasped, appearing breathless. "We've got trouble!"

Garchomp was lying asleep in his recliner when Dragonite burst in. The purple dragon snorted and sat up straight, attempting to look awake. "Shnorr...wha?"

"The prisoners!" Dragonite explained. "Piplup and Chimchar! They escaped!"

Garchomp was on his feet in an instant, moving surprisingly fast for having just been awakened. "What? How did they get out?"

"I have no idea!" Dragonite gulped. "But they managed to steal my keys! They'll probably be trying to break out the other two!"

"This is terrible!" Garchomp howled. "We've got to stop them! Master Darkrai will be furious if we let them escape!"

Dragonite paused, apparently lost in thought. "Well, the entire building is just one big hallway. If you go one way and I go the other, we should be able to trap them in between!"

"Of course!" Garchomp beamed. "I'm proud to call you my friend, good Dragonite!"

"I feel the same," Dragonite smiled. Garchomp thought he detected a bit of sadness in his accomplice, but he shrugged it off. There were more urgent things to attend to.

The jailers hurried out of the central room and back into the hallway. Garchomp pointed in the direction that would lead to 88 and 89's cell. "You go that way and chase them towards me. I can take them by surprise and knock them out."

"Remember, you can't kill Piplup and Chimchar," Dragonite pointed out. "Master Darkrai's orders."

"I know, I know," Garchomp sighed. "But the other two are all mine."

"If you insist," Dragonite sighed dramatically. "Now let's go."

The door swung open and the two soldiers rushed out. "Finally!" 88 grumbled. "It only took you 38 tries!"

"My apologies," Piplup growled. "You know, we could have just escaped on our own and left you here to rot."

"Please, don't think of 88 here as ungrateful," 89 assured. "He's just grumpy because he didn't get his pizza."

"This is jail!" 88 roared. "Just because you asked Dragonite for a pizza does not mean you're going to get one!"

"Order up!"

Dragonite suddenly appeared from around the bend. A square cardboard box was in his hand. He handed it to 89. "Pizza delivery."

89 beamed and threw open the box. A simmering pizza was inside, with cheese, pepperoni, and Shroomish. "Hey!" he snapped. "I ordered vegetarian!"

"I'm pretty sure that Shroomish is considered a plant," Dragonite pointed out.

89 pondered the statement, then shrugged. "Good point." He upended the pizza into his mouth and swallowed it whole. There was a scream from his throat and three Shroomish squirmed their way out of his mouth. They glared up at him and muttered to themselves as they waddled away.

"That was interesting," Chimchar commented.

"Okay, no more messing around," Dragonite said. "We've got to get out of here. Garchomp's speedy."

"He can't be that fast," Piplup scoffed.

With a roar, Garchomp charged around the bend.

"Kratz," Piplup gulped.

"Gotcha now!" Garchomp cackled. Piplup, Chimchar, 88, and 89 all stepped back. "Now, Dragonite! Let's teach them a lesson!"

"Gladly," Dragonite smirked. A Hyper Beam formed in his mouth.

Piplup turned back to Dragonite. "What are you doing?" he hissed. "I thought you were on our side!"

"If you trust me, duck in three seconds," Dragonite whispered. On the other side of the passageway, Garchomp's claw glowed green as he prepared for Dragon Claw.

Chimchar, 88, and 89 all turned to Piplup. He nodded.

They ducked.

Dragonite fired off the Hyper Beam at full blast. It whizzed through the air above Piplup and the others, missing them by mere inches. Garchomp's eyes opened wide as he saw what was coming.

Kaboom!

The explosion rocked the entire building and Garchomp was sent reeling. He slammed hard against the wall, then fell forward to land on his face. Piplup, Chimchar, 88, and 89 took off at a run in the opposite direction. Dragonite stood over Garchomp, staring down at him. "Sorry."

"D-Dragonite!" Garchomp gasped, attempting to stand up. "Y-you traitor! I thought we were friends!"

"We are," Dragonite assured. "I've known you for years, Garchomp. If we're not friends, then what are we?"

"Enemies," Garchomp spat. "You're a filthy traitor. What will Master Darkrai say?"

"I have no master," Dragonite said evenly. "Come with me, and you won't have one either. Come on, Garchomp. We can keep this friendship alive. I know you have good in you."

Garchomp coughed and pushed himself up on his elbows. "Good? I am good. You are the one who has taken a turn for the worse."

"I was afraid you would feel that way," Dragonite sighed sadly. "In that case, this is goodbye." He turned and began to walk away.

"No," Garchomp growled. "This is not goodbye. We will meet again."

Dragonite turned back to face his old friend, but kept walking. "Are you coming after all?"

"Of course not," Garchomp spat. "I will hunt you down. And when I find you...Then, it will be goodbye." Then, he slumped into unconsciousness.

A single tear slipped out of Dragonite's eye as he hurried to the front of the building. The four escapees were waiting for him by the large stone door. "About time you got here!" Piplup grumbled. "What took you so long?"

"I had some unfinished business," Dragonite explained. He grabbed the doorknob. "Come on, let's get out of here."

He opened the door and stepped outside into the world beyond. Piplup and Chimchar gasped at the sight. A long, dark path stretched out before them, cutting through enormous black cliffs. The ground was gray, and in some places purple. But worst of all was the sky. There were no clouds, no sun, no moon, no stars, no nothing. The entire sky was completely black.

"What is this place?" Piplup gulped.

"Of course, you haven't seen the outside here yet," Dragonite nodded. "Well, things aren't going to look much better. This, Piplup, is the Beyond."

Darkrai was living the life of luxury. He had decided to "borrow" the key to one of Deoxys's many mansions, and was having the day of his life. He'd already enjoyed the many exotic foods. He'd relaxed for a while in the hot tub. He's surfed the net on the laptop, although he was clueless where the wireless connection came from. And now, he was kicking back for a nap in the comfy velvet recliner.

There was a knock at the door.

"Oh, come on!" Darkrai roared. He sat up in the chair. "Enter!"

The door swung open and Golduck entered. "Hello, Master Darkrai."

"Golduck?" Darkrai frowned. "What are you doing here? I thought you were back at Deoxys's main mansion."

"Master Deoxys told me that you would be here," Golduck explained. "He recieved some news that he thought you should hear."

Darkrai sighed. "Let me hear it."

"He recieved a message from Garchomp."

Darkrai froze and turned his icy blue gaze back to Darkrai. "Don't tell me..."

"Piplup and Chimchar escaped," Golduck said, surprisingly calm. He knew that Darkrai had a temper, but he also knew that Darkai was smart enough not to kill the messenger. "Their two allies escaped as well."

"How did this happen?" Darkrai asked, exasperated.

"Garchomp says that Dragonite allowed them to escape," Golduck continued. "He let them out of their cells and attacked Garchomp."

"Not Dragonite," Darkrai growled. "He was a good Pokemon. I really liked him."

"Pardon me for saying, Master Darkrai," Golduck cut in. "But you don't like anybody. You've said so yourself."

Darkrai glared at the servant. "Oh yeah?" He paused, then shrugged. "Well, I guess you're right. So I didn't like Dragonite, but I trusted him. He was a good guard. And now I'll have to kill him." He sighed. "I'll have to hunt down the whole lot now. But who for the job?"

"Master Darkrai, I think you know who," Golduck said softly.

Darkrai was silent for a long time. He simply stared off into space. Finally, after a few minutes, he spoke again. "Go. Deliver the message to them."

Golduck nodded. "Of course. I will find Combusken immediately." He turned and exited the room.

Darkrai leaned back in his chair and stared at the ceiling. "Why don't things ever go right for me?" he sighed. "Oh well. Perhaps they'll go better for Combusken." His eye narrowed. "It would be a brilliant change of pace."

Hope you all like it! As I said, this will be the last chapter at least two weeks.

Author's Profile

lol 88 and 89 sure love their pizzas can't wait til the next chapter (Even though it's at least 2 weeks from now)

Name: Drainer
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Good chapter. The reaction to teh presence of the chowderheads was priceless.

I'd squeak, too, and I'm merely a year older than she is. Hey, and 18 year olds squeal, too. :P I know I do.

Eighteen year olds actually squeal in USA. IT'S A CONSPIRACY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD USING SQUEALS OF EIGHTEEN YEAR OLDS!

Credits to Gladeshadow!

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post

"The chowderheads," Chimchar sighed. "Out of all of our friends, we just have to get stuck with the chowderheads."

"Is it the pizza delivery guy?"

Piplup and Chimchar caught sight of a barred door in the wall ahead. It was clear who was inside.

"88! 89!" Piplup called. He ran to the door and peered into the darkness. Sure enough, the Shieldon and Cranidos duo was sitting on the floor, staring out at him.

"About time you got here!" the Cranidos growled. "It's been three days! That means the pizza is free!"

The Shieldon gasped. "89, that's not the pizzaman! It's Piplup!"

89 frowned. "Oh. Did you at least bring a pizza?"

"No, there is no pizza," Piplup snapped.

"Darn."

Those parts made me laugh a bit haha, Dragonite seem's like a pretty cool character it would be interesting if Garchomp changed to the good side later on in the story.

I liked this chapter too. It looks like Dragonite is a good guy and Garchomp is not and now Darkrai has summoned Gochiruzeru, Mismagius & Froslass!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    I liked this chapter too. It looks like Dragonite is a good guy and Garchomp is not and now Darkrai has summoned Gochiruzeru, Mismagius & Froslass!
    Dragonite is a good guy, and Garchomp is a bad guy, that is correct. However, Gochiruzeru and her gang are not ready for their appearance yet. No, as Darkrai said, there is another who will make his appearance known first...Combusken.

Author's Profile

Loled at the Pizza part. And the Shroomish in the pizza. Besides, where can we find a mushroom? xD

So the chowderheads 88 and 89 are here already at Chapter 2? I'm starting to wonder about Combusken. Hopefully in the next chapter they can escape that. And yay for my favorite non-legend Dragon-type on their team <3

In honor of Mystica
    3DS FC: 3926-5714-3675 | Y IGN: Tempus

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    Dragonite is a good guy, and Garchomp is a bad guy, that is correct. However, Gochiruzeru and her gang are not ready for their appearance yet. No, as Darkrai said, there is another who will make his appearance known first...Combusken.
    Yep. Did you think of Combusken because of Combustion Man in Avatar: The Last Airbender?

White 2:

Yep. Did you think of Combusken because of Combustion Man in Avatar: The Last Airbender?
    Not exactly, but you're getting warm, or rather, hot. Oh dear. I seem to have punned.

Also, due to my other fic running into the ground, the two week hiatus on this book will probably be cut down to two or three days.

Author's Profile

Ah, so I guess Combusken is based off of a certain fire bender?

White 2:

You're getting hotter still!

Oy. That joke wasn't even funny the first time.

Author's Profile

Hey, GalladeRocks! Sorry for not reviewing the rest of Book 2, it's just that my computer was broken and it's hard to type on the Wii. I'll only review Chapter 2.

I liked the nice twist of having Dragonite being good and Garchomp being bad as it sort of reminds me of the Grvoyle-Sceptile relationship. Funny how you had the Chowderheads appear because they allows make everything funny. I like how Deoxys owns a Mansion because I could visualize the two sitting down in a chair, like their actual humans in a mansion.

Aw, too bad the next chapter won't be out for awhile, but that's because you're working on a new fic, so that's nice.

As always, keep up the good work!
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

I have read this story ever since it started and I have loved it.

I loved how you had the 'Chowderheads' show up and how you made the twist that Dragonite was good and Garchomp was bad.

I wonder what the Beyond looks like...

Can I be on the PM list? I really like this story.

Gah, sorry I vanished during Explorers of the Core. My computer went KAPUT and I had to get a new one.

Anyway, good job on the story. I like the two chowderheads. They really like pizza.
    Also, the part where the Shroomish come out of the guy's mouth was PRICELESS!!

I can't wait for the next chapter (and Combusken!)!

Keep it up! ;25;

I have claimed Alucard (Hellsing), Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji), and Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII).
    Hellsing, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Dangan Ronpa, Bleach, Homestuck, Black Butler, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica fan.
    Sig made by Izagar.
    3DS FC: 3738 0398 8876 Mikan
    Friend Safari: Ground (Wooper, Camerupt, and Palpitoad)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Actually I'm back b/c I plugged in my amp and playing one note when my grandpa came in and told me to stfu

So now I'm just sitting here stroking my guitar while naked

I HAVE RETURNED!!!

Sorry for the EEEEEEEEEEEEXXXXXXXXXXTTTTTTTTTRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEMM MMMMMEEEEEEEEEEE wait. Here's the next chapter.

Uh, not much else to say. Let's go.

Chapter 3
    A Search for Honor

"Hiii-yah!"

Boom!

"Yah!"

Boom-boom!

"Grah!"

Bam-bam-bam!

The Pokemon landed lightly on his feet, panting with exhaustion. The wall of the cave was covered in burn marks where his strikes had hit. He leapt forward, beginning another routine.

"Hyah!"

He shot a blast of fire from his hand, scorching a make-shift target on the wall.

"Yah!"

He spun his leg out sideways and a firey crescent sliced through the air.

"Hah!"

He flipped over backwards, simultaneously launching flames from both feet and his beak. He landed gracefully, and began panting once again.

"Very good, very good."

Another Pokemon appeared in the entrance of the cave. He clapped slowly, then yawned enormously.

The training Pokemon turned around. "Uncle. Any news from the front lines?"

"The front lines?" Uncle frowned. "How should I know?"

"How should you know?" the Fire Pokemon growled. "You just went to the camp to hear the latest news!"

The large pink Pokemon called Uncle grinned. "Oh, I didn't go to get news."

"You didn't?"

"Nope."

"Then why did you go?"

"We were running low on rice cakes."

The rooster-like Pokemon couldn't even find words to respond. "But...you...the...he...rice cakes?"

"Now, Combusken, don't pretend you don't like them."

"It wasn't a question of whether I like them or not!" Combusken sighed in exasperation. "It was a question of why you didn't get any news!"

Uncle shrugged. "I was more focused on the rice cakes. And I had to get a cup of Aspear Tea while I was out."

"I give up, Uncle Slowbro, I just give up," Combusken sighed again.

Slowbro smiled. "Ah, but you don't, Combusken. That is the thing about you. You never give up."

Combusken grimaced. "Well, you're right there. Even when they tell me that I should..."

"There are somethings that might be worth giving up, you know," Slowbro said softly.

Combusken glared at him. "Perhaps. But my honor is not one of them."

Slowbro nodded mournfully. "Of course. A man without honor is hardly a man at all."

"Precisely," Combusken said. "And I'll regain my honor if I have to kill for it."

"Master Combusken, you may well have your chance?"

Slowbro and Combusken both looked to the cave entrance. Another Pokemon stood silhouetted in the opening.

"Ahh, if it isn't good sir Golduck!" Slowbro beamed. "Welcome to our humble abode."

"It is good to see you as well, General Slowbro. I bring news."

"About time somebody did," Combusken muttered.

Golduck bowed deeply before Combusken. "I bring word from Master Darkrai."

The Young Fowl's eyes shot up. "From..."

"Yes, Master Combusken," Golduck nodded. "Master Darkrai has a mission, and he is giving the opportunity to you."

"The chance I've been waiting for," Combusken breathed. "The chance to regain my honor."

Golduck continued unphased. "The two dangerous prisoners Piplup and Chimchar escaped from the jail of Dragonite and Garchomp."

"Piplup and Chimchar!" Combusken gasped. Everyone in the Beyond had heard about the legendary Team Pokepals, the only Pokemon to ever face off against Darkrai and win. "And he's trusting me to hunt them down?"

"Not just Piplup and Chimchar," Golduck added. "They are being accompanied by Dragonite, who has betrayed the Army, and two other prisoners from the other world."

Combusken frowned. "I am honored beyond belief to even be entrusted with this responsibility, but..."

"Yes, Master Combusken?"

"But how can I be expected to capture five dangerous refugees at once?"

Golduck nodded. "Of course, you can't be expected to do it all by yourself. It has been requested that General Slowbro and I accompany you."

"Thank you, Golduck," Combusken bowed. "I would appreciate having backup. However, I take it upon myself to defeat Piplup and Chimchar."

"I would expect nothing less of you, Master Combusken," Golduck agreed. "The two of us can handle Dragonite and the other two. We shall leave it to you to capture Team Pokepals..."

"And allow me to regain my honor in full," Combusken finished. "This is exactly what I've been waiting for."

Slowbro sighed. "There can be more than one way to regain honor. Are you sure of this?"

"Of course," Combusken nodded. "What choice do I have?"

Slowbro couldn't put his words into an answer. "You have to decide that for yourself."

"Then it's settled." Without another word, Combusken turned and exited the cave. He looked down from the cliffside to the rocky wasteland far below. He could just make out a few splotches of color below: one blue, one orange, one gray, one yellow, and one large blotch of gold.

Slowbro and Golduck stood beside him and looked down. Each had their own thoughts and plans for the future, thoughts that could change the world they lived in.

The trio began their descent, watching the specks below the whole time.

Dragonite led Piplup, Chimchar, 88, and 89 across the rocky gray countryside. The cloudless black sky above them sent shivers down their spines. None of them looked up at the cliff-face above them.

If they had, they might have spotted three figures slowly making their way downward.

And if they had looked up further, they might have seen a shadowy black figure standing atop the cliff. Its body flowed in the wind like a dress. The figure smiled.

The fun part was about to start.

Hope you all enjoy it!

And sorry again for the EXTREME wait. I'll try to post again soon, tomorrow if possible, but probably not until next weekend.

Author's Profile

I thought you'd died.

This chapter felt a bit rushed, and ratehr small. I mean, if there had maybe been another medium-length scene, it would have been nice. My 1 cent(nto 2, 1).

Keep writing!

Credits to Gladeshadow!

Quote Originally Posted by hailflameblast View Post
    I thought you'd died.

This chapter felt a bit rushed, and ratehr small. I mean, if there had maybe been another medium-length scene, it would have been nice. My 1 cent(nto 2, 1).

Keep writing!
    Yeah, I realize it was short. It's pretty much meant to be an introduction of Combusken and Slowbro before their showdown with Piplup and Co. in Chapter 4. And then the pace will pick up pretty quickly from there, with attacks from enemy generals, pursuits through lava fields and murky tunnels, and a meeting with a mysterious Pokemon from Piplup's past...

Author's Profile

Well it took awhile for the new chapter but it was pretty good! Slowbro and Combusken seem like really cool characters I can't wait until we get to see more of them oh yeah you were planning on adding Froslass and some other characters into the story right?

Cobusken is Zuko and Slowbro is Iroh, or General Iroh at that point.

It is a nice little introduction. I'm guessing the black shadowy figure is Darkrai?

Chapter 4 will be awesome with attacks flying everywhere!

White 2:

Cobusken is Zuko and Slowbro is Iroh, or General Iroh at that point.

It is a nice little introduction. I'm guessing the black shadowy figure is Darkrai?

Chapter 4 will be awesome with attacks flying everywhere!
    The first statement is obviously correct. I have based Combusken and Slowbro around Zuko and Iroh.

And the figure overseeing the battle below is not Darkrai. I won't say who it is, but it's not Darkrai.

Author's Profile

This is getting interesting. I think I know tho the shadowed figure is but I'll keep quiett to see if my guess is right.

Very nice introduction for Combusken and Slowbro.

Chapter 4 will be awesome. Battle scenes!
    'While I live I want to shine I want to prove that I exist'~Grovyle PMD3

'Even in the darkest of times... there is hope'~Ignitus TLoS: DotD

Between Time and Darkness Prologue is now up
    See my current and future fanfics here

Uuu? Hih HACK!?!? (Translation; Huh? It's BACK!?!?!)
    *Fumbles for lower jaw, and locates it in small crater due to it having succumbed to the law of gravity so fast*
    Okay, nice chapter. (As always) I like the way you portray Combusken,(As a fierce martial artist who must have failed a mission) and his "uncle" Slowbro. Is Combusken going to take the place of the chowderheads as almost-villain?
    "Nothing is impossible- The word itself says, 'I'm possible!'"- Audrey Hepburn

One crazy trip: The adventures of a beret-clad boy and his best friend the sky. One day I will learn how to forum-format at a decent speed. Promise.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast