Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Working on a Right Move! (653)

Boy, Ash's Pokemon sure do love flying in on a full moon. :P

So Glion is back and we are getting Ash vs Paul in quarter finals which means that Ash is making it to Top 4 at least.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

Preview just shown, Pikachu vs Aggron action, Staraptor taking a beatdown, Buizel and Drapion intensity, and Infernapes new Flare Blitz coming in handy for Aggron.

awesome episode, poor Donphan wanted him to beat Lickylicky and Noctowl beating Dusknoir so each got a win regardless it was a nice fight, it once again shows Donphan was a Battle Frontier and wasnt able to do much this time it shows once again pokemons are all at the same level.

- Infernape learns Flare Blitz at the start awesome.
    - Takuto face was shown it was a guy as if it wasnt obvious enough.
    - I believe Ash bird are becoming tanks, Noctowl was receiving a beating from Shuckle then was recalled and was able to beat Lickylicky
    - Dusknoir comes and 1 hit kos Noctowl with a thunderpunch and then 2 hit koes Donphan with shadow punch and shadow sneak i believe
    - Gible comes out is getting beaten but is driven to the floor uses dig bites Dusknoir hand and Draco Perfect Meteors his ***, then finishes him with Dragon Pulse.
    - Paul appears Ash compliments him and Electrivire and Pikachu compliment each other.
    - Lol and indeed Gliscor came back exactly like Charizard with the moon guiding his way mwahahaha.

Nice episode really liked Noctowl and Gible improvements.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 22nd July 2010 at 12:32 PM.

Wonder if this is the new animation for Flare Blitz cause the previous one sucked. Though this one one looks like Aqua Jet too.

So Donphan was the fall guy in here. As least Fukamaru got two wins so that people would stop complaining about its underuse and dreaming that Ash is gonna take it to Isshu.

Damn I wish Noctowl had gotten the starring win. Donphan didn't do much, but thats okay considering its screen time in BF, and Gible sure came as a surprise. But that probably means that it shouldn't be used more in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by RuinsofPoli View Post
    Preview just shown, Pikachu vs Aggron action, Staraptor taking a beatdown, Buizel and Drapion intensity, and Infernapes new Flare Blitz coming in handy for Aggron.
    Staraptor looked like it was being raped by Gastrodon.

This is what a League battle should be! This is what gets my blood pumping! Awesome new moves, awesome Pokemon, awesome strategies. Forget that crappy Nando battle and that emotional but still not quite as good Barry battle, this is what I crave!

Noctowl comes into its own right. Finally Ash can official say he has a Special Attacker bird. Finally we can put Noctowl along side Staraptor and Swellow.

Too bad for Donphan. It was mostly fodder. I can't say it hasn't had some awesome battles in the past, but the stars weren't in alignment today.

Nice work Gible. I was half-expecting an evolution. However, they decided to keep the little guy in the end. I wonder what the future holds for him now that his gimmick (learning Draco Meteor) is over.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

He probably wont fight anymore in the league, i loved the fact that he passed out after winning XD and Ash picking him up it was kinda funny and cute at the same time .

So the episode title was right. Trick Room changed the flow of battle from Ash to Conway. Conway took out two of Ash's Pokemon with it and if it wasn't for that lucky bite then Ash would have lost. I guess now we know that Gible keeping its mouth open has some significance. The battle was nice but it could have been better. They could have given a new move to Donphan, they could have made Gible evolve, they could have inserted more action but I am fine with what we have got.

Oh Donphan..

Gible is just awesome. Finally, he got his first win.

Now for my actual thoughts...

I'm going to start things off by saying Conway was REALLY stupid here, he could have sent out Dusknoir first and setup trick room to help out Shuckle and Lickilicky... But he didn't. Anyways, I felt as though Ash was trying to test out Paul's strategy of switching out here... and that bugged me. I mean it was probably just me but in no way do I want Ash to act like Paul. When Gible Draco Meteor'd Shuckle I was actually laughing, that was just like a explosion and boom KO. Donphan got the shaft here but hey, BF. Noctowl came back with some redemption! Sky Attack, Air Slash, and Extrasensory? It only took two attacks to take out Lickilicky, nice going shiny bird. I seriously thought after Gible beat Dusknonir that it was going to evolve, in fact I was hoping it... But I guess the writers don't want that. Oh well, good episode, and I can't forget to mention the end, Gliscor! Coming back the same way as Charizard... Exact same way in fact, cannot wait for next episode.

The way Gliscor came back is not as same as Charizard cause Ash called Gliscor on his own(correct me if I am wrong) while Charizard came to train with Claire.
    When Gliscor came Dawn said who is that and Ash said that it is Glion.

This was the best battle until now in the league.
    Gible was great. I'm surprised Conway wasn't ready for it, he should have been more careful.
    Another thing I loved is that fact that Gible got to fight all Conway's pokemon, if it was it's last battle, I'm happy.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile lover View Post
    The way Gliscor came back is not as same as Charizard cause Ash called Gliscor on his own(correct me if I am wrong) while Charizard came to train with Claire.
    When Gliscor came Dawn said who is that and Ash said that it is Glion.
    We mean the same animation style, as in flying in with the full moon in the background. -Exactly- the same as Charizard.

It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's Glis--

...Err, I mean, Charizard!

Here he is! Totally and completely from today's episode.
    Last edited by V Faction; 22nd July 2010 at 1:27 PM.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Again, can you NOT discuss the preview for next week's episode here. This thread is for discussion of this episode ONLY

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Seoul View Post
    We mean the same animation style, as in flying in with the full moon in the background. -Exactly- the same as Charizard.
    I knew that. I was just pointing out the difference in scenario.

Wonder why Lickilicky was licking Gible for so long? Maybe it is tasty.

Whoopie! This ep was awesome not only Infernape just learned flare blitz but Gible also star the battle and mastered Draco meteor while Donphan was being useless and did absolutely nothing in the ep. Gliscor is back in the house, the way it came back is just like how Charizard did^_^
    Last edited by pokemonloverXD; 22nd July 2010 at 1:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dudleyspud View Post
    Infernape training with Sudowodo and learned either Flare Blitz or Blast Burn!

Edit: It's the blue move. Appears to be blast burn as it had to rest afterwards.
    It was obviously the recoil from Flare Blitz.

First decent look at LT. Wow.
    Last edited by Dreamcoat; 22nd July 2010 at 1:59 PM.
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

Huh I'm really pleased with this episode. It felt like a proper league match. It got into the action right away, with Infernape learning a new move. Then right into battle. Noctowl looked awesome, I'm a little sad it didn't star, but Gible mastered Draco Meteor so its all good. Donphan was.....well...let's just forget about that. Conway was awesome. Great idea of using Trick Room, and then just as Ash was recalling Donphan using the speed from trick room to use Mean Look trapping it in the battle. Awesome. Gible eating Shuckle was hilarious. Also! Japanese OK! music in the background made it even better.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

Damn saw the episode now with good quality and its a huge diference, i didnt notice Glalie was with Torterra and Infernape in the stream lol, looks like Ash will really use it, against Takuto possibly.

Yeah Takuto is a Sasuke emo boy urgh... lets hope he isnt has anoying, probably he wont be it will just be a battle.

So, what a good LEAGUE match that was. Gible's Draco Meteor looked awesome (hopefully that's now mastered, not that it matters as it most likely won't be seen for a looong time). Noctowl was great, Donphan was obviously going to play the fall guy, which I have no problem with as he got a fair amount of time in the BF saga to shine & rightly did so.
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/zlp4e0.png[/IMG]
    end of isshu? try and stop us.

Let's see.

This is the first Team Rocket segment I've really enjoyed in a while.

The intro poses for Conway and Ash at the beginning of their battle were really neat. Ash looked so serious and focused. And that's how he battled in this episode. He never got too rattled by anything Conway did, and the switching of his pokemon showed that he was thinking on his feet and really just trying things out.

That's interesting about Ash choosing the pokemon he did instead of Monferno, Glalie, and Torterra. Conway wasn't the only one surprised; Pikachu looked that way as well.

Sorry, forgot to say: Ash's "secret" strategy was pretty good: have Gible catch opposing pokemon in its jaws and then fire Draco Meteor. That was the big difference in the match.

Aww...Ash and Paul so early! Well, they're okay with it, so I should have the same attitude. I'm sure the writers know what they're doing.
    Last edited by wind21; 22nd July 2010 at 2:50 PM.

And you all doubted Gliscor returning!

Also guys it was not a ds but a "3DS" XD!

Since when is Noctowl shiny? Did I miss something?
    Last edited by MidnightMelody; 22nd July 2010 at 2:48 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast