Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Working on a Right Move! (653)

I really enjoyed this battle, Gible shined.

I loved the way Draco Meteor was used, with Gible loving to bite everything, it made perfect sense to use it like that, kudos to Ash.

Poor Donphan, I hate seeing one of my favorite pokemon get pummeled like that, but oh well...

I really wish they would have left the Trick Room "room'" on the battlefield the whole match because it looked really cool.

The LT looks frickin psycho!

Overall, this was a good match and a good episode.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Since when is Noctowl shiny? Did I miss something?
    Since Johto when it was captured, I guess you missed that.

How come Gliscor flew in all Charizard like? Didn't he leave his pokeball with the air master?

Did anyone else here the background music that was playing when Gible was fighting Dusknoir? Unless I'm mistaken that was the first Japanese Opening "Aim to be a Pokemon Master!" EPIC!

Edit: Just saying if Ash's Gible can fight like this then he does not need to evolve, he's like Pikachu. He can be cute and yet utterly destroy the opposition.
    Last edited by World Turtle; 22nd July 2010 at 2:23 PM.

Finally saw the episode!

- Ash training with Infernape and Infernape learning a blue Flare Blitz! That's hot! Infernape just took awesome to a whole nother level just from that training session imo. Definitely my favorite fire type.

- We see Glalie! Hope that means Ash plans to use it in the future? We'll see but it's nice that it's around.

- Barry's fangasms, Conway lurking behind the tree, and was that Cynthia trying to figure out what to buy like she did with that ice cream? Haha, hope she doesn't miss too many matches just standing there XD

- Shuckle vs. Noctowl, seems like Shuckle's having the upper hand (I heard Power Trick), and Noctowl is recalled.

- Shuckle vs. Donphan, Donphan's attacking with Rollout but so is Shuckle with Gyro Ball. Donphan's recalled as Ash needs to come up with a strategy to beat this Shuckle. Who's the next pokemon...

- It's Gible! And the plan is to catch Gyro Ball in its mouth! Awesome scene, and it's nice to see this because it's not done a lot...catching a pokemon in its mouth. Although whatever Shuckle used when it was inside Gible's mouth...uh let's just say it was quite interesting lol.

- Gible DM's Shuckle from its mouth! YES! I wanted that to happen, and it looked like it worked throughout the whole attack too. Shame though, is it wrong for me that I wanted to see someone get hit by Gible's DM? XD

- Lickilicky vs. Gible...oh my lanta was that lick done creepily. Funny at the same time though. Lol @ everyone's reaction, haha even TR's!

- Noctowl vs. Lickilicky and Noctowl wins! Yay, I'm glad to see it get some wins. And it's nice to see Extrasensory too!

- Dusknoir appears and Trick Room is used. Noctowl is beaten quickly. Darn, I thought it would be the one to beat Dusknoir but that wasn't the case. All the epic moves we've seen it were already used for Shuckle and Lickilicky so it seems like someone else needs to beat Dusknoir.

- Dusknoir vs. Donphan, Ash tries to attack but Dusknoir seems too much. So Ash wants to recall Donphan and see what else he could do. But before he could, Conway made sure to Mean Look Donphan so it could get beaten while its down as opposed to coming back and win. Conway is definitely not playing around and Ash has to find some way to beat Conway and all of his strategy and trickery moves. Looks like pure strength is not going to help Ash.

- Gible vs. Dusknoir, and of course...Gible caught Dusknoir in its mouth too! Definitely Ash's saving strategy right there. A Draco Meteor and even a Dragon Pulse and Dusknoir is finally down! Yay!

- Nice to see all of Ash's pokemon eating and relaxing after a good battle. It's Ash vs. Paul, the moment we've all been waiting for! Can't wait for it!

Overall, nice battle. Really hilarious too with all the types of strategy and everyone's reactions/facial expressions! I thought Noctowl would star here the most but I'm glad it still got a win and showcased some awesome moves. And it made sense for GIble to shine. This is probably its only battle and considering it's the Sinnoh league, as a Sinnoh pokemon, Gible deserves it. Not to mention, it hasn't had any major battles until today so it's nice to see it get some wins and contribute to Ash's success in his Sinnoh adventure. It's a bummer Donphan couldn't get a win but in order for Noctowl and Gible to get their moments, it had to be done. And looking at the battle, it lost because it got Mean Looked rather than just OHKO like I personally thought it would be. Had it been recalled, things could've gone differently for it so I'm glad its loss was due to Conway's strategy. It definitely made Conway more threatening to see that it beat Ash's best anti-ghost type battler and one of Ash's strong wildcard reserves with its Trick Room of Terror and other tricks.

Just goes to show that strength isn't everything as shown by two of Ash's wins against Conway: Gible's. After catching Shuckle and Dusknoir in its mouth, the battle turned to Ash's favor. So the lesson here, when all else fails, use your mouth and try to eat a pokemon and you'll win

Quote Originally Posted by JJDalts View Post
    How come Gliscor flew in all Charizard like? Didn't he leave his pokeball with the air master?
    Nice, you answered your own question
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcoat View Post
    Nice, you answered your own question
    lol I guess it looks like that XD

But I meant If the air master has the pokeball, couldn't he send it over? And now that I think about it, if Ash doesn't have the pokeball, how does he use Gliscor in the league? =S

if Ash doesn't have the pokeball, how does he use Gliscor in the league? =S
    I'll answer your question with a question:

When is the last time you've seen Pikachu in a PokéBall?
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcoat View Post
    I'll answer your question with a question:

When is the last time you've seen Pikachu in a PokéBall?
    Doesn't Ash still have it's pokeball though? I mean I thought you needed them to register the pokemon or something....

Ah well, I guess I should sop trying to make sense of pokemon XD

But I meant If the air master has the pokeball, couldn't he send it over? And now that I think about it, if Ash doesn't have the pokeball, how does he use Gliscor in the league? =S
    The same way Ash has managed to use Charizard in the league, the pokeball magically appears

It sure would be intense battling between Ash and Paul cant wait.....

It was a nice episode. It sucks that I can't understand anything that's being said but pictures are a thousands words...kind of.

I didn't watch it yet, just saw the pictures on the site. Haven't found a good quality upload of it yet. I didn't see Noctowl use any new moves other then Extransensory, have to wait for a good upload now.

Gible mastered Draco Meteor from the looks of it, which is good.

Donphan didn't get much spotlight, which I suspected.

I though Noctowl would have defeated Dusknoir but Gible was the one who did.

Infernape learned Blast Burn or Flare Blitz, not sure which one.

And Gliscor comes back in the end of the episode, it was nice how they did it with the night sky and everything.

We got to see the Darkrai trainer's face too, he does come across as a bit "evil".

Ash and Paul are confirmed to battling next round(Like we didn't already know). But at less we know what round it will be. So Ash will make it to Top 4 at less in the league. Now it's just a matter if Ash faces the Darkrai trainer in the Top 4 round or the Top 2 round.

Again nice episode.

This battle was great, what make it better that this battle appeared on my birthday. Noctowl may have not starred in the battle but no one can say it didn't redeem itself. Gible took the ice of the cake in this battle. Trick Room was a very interesting move and the animation for it was great. I hope that this opens up the possiblities of more moves like trick room.
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

and cyber can now shut it about Gible being weak.

Nice battle and Gible was a beast with Draco Meteor.

Great episode! Gible (one of my favorites!) win the match by using first his very own modified bite n´ catch move and then DM. Noctowl also did much and it was nice to see a diffenent bird for once. Poor Donphan but I guess there had to be one fall guy.

Cynthia was funny, always having problem chosing what to eat (and then a cute scene when she actually ate what she bought. Piplup won proce for best funny face, and I guess he was happy not being on the reciving end of a DM.
    We say goodbye in the pouring rain
    And I break down as you walk away.
    Stay, stay.
    'Cause all my life I felt this way
    But I could never find the words to say
    Stay, stay.

~ Stay by Hurts

Yes. Yes. YES!!

Gliscor comes back! I never thought we'd see the lovable thing again, this makes me so happy! Granted, I still don't like the idea of Ash using it in a battle against Paul with it getting training from somebody else, as it kind of breaks the theme of Ash's training style against Paul's, but I'm so happy that Gliscor is going to be a Pokemon that "can be called on" in potential future seasons that I don't care. (does happy dance).
    PLEASE feed Farfetch'd sour (yellow) berries!

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    This is what a League battle should be! This is what gets my blood pumping! Awesome new moves, awesome Pokemon, awesome strategies. Forget that crappy Nando battle and that emotional but still not quite as good Barry battle, this is what I crave!

Noctowl comes into its own right. Finally Ash can official say he has a Special Attacker bird. Finally we can put Noctowl along side Staraptor and Swellow.

Too bad for Donphan. It was mostly fodder. I can't say it hasn't had some awesome battles in the past, but the stars weren't in alignment today.

Nice work Gible. I was half-expecting an evolution. However, they decided to keep the little guy in the end. I wonder what the future holds for him now that his gimmick (learning Draco Meteor) is over.
    This.

I never post, but I just had to, because this episode was really good!
    I usually get bored, switch to the battle part, find it lame, and close.

lol
    www.mE-Entertainment.net

...hasten to drown into beautiful eyes ♫
    Sig Request Shop

I love that scene where everyone is buying food from Team Rocket just because Cynthia is and they're all just buying the food while Cynthia is just deciding... with weird eye movements.

As for the battle, I loved all of the parts with Gible biting Shuckle and Dusknoir, then using a successful DM. And Piplup's face when Gible bit Shuckle.

One wonders how Cynthia became the champion, what with her indecisiveness.

At least Flare Blitz looked awesome.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I was really nervous about whether Ash would win. Being left in the corner with only Gible really scared me. I was really expecting Gible to evolve after beating Dusknoir or during the battle. It just seems Gible became really strong and an evolution is right around the corner.

So, Ash is in the top 8? But, that's only out of 64 trainers. We still don't have the results of the Paul fight, which we most likely will by this time next week when the new episode title is revealed. The other leagues were top 8 and top 16 out of hundreds of trainers. I'm expecting top 2 for Ash.

Holy cow, that was the best battle in the league since Paul V.S Barry.
    I mean, all the moves Ash Pokemon learn in training at the same time.
    Than I liked every ones reactions to Ash suprise Pokemon hehe that was fun.
    Conway was not expecting that one at all.
    The ending was pretty cool, every one seems excited for the Ash V.S Paul one, just like its Pokemon fans areXD
    What's up with this Darkrai guy though? He seems evil or some thing.
    Is he going to be apart of some evil team for the next region? That'd be intresting if so.
    Over all, just loved this episode.
    Man I can't wait for next weeks.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

All in all an awesome episode.
    What I particularly liked:
    - Noctowl's combo it used to finish off Lickylicky; was it Extrasensory + Confusion?
    - Gible's use of Bite

What I disliked:
    - Trick Room only being used by Dusknoir..why not use it at the beginning of the battle so that his other Pokemon can profit from it as well?

Noctowl was pure win here along with Gible.

Random : PokéRadar

Whoa I just gotta say that this battle was awesome! It's great to finally see Gible get some action! Poor Donphan lol. I gotta say that Conway is a strong trainer as well. He almost won. It's about time Gible finally masters Draco Meteor! I couldn't wait for that! And Gliscor is finally back! It's great to see it again! I wish the 2 weeks would come already!
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

then ending to the episode reminded me a lot of Charizard flying from above to greet Ash; however this time it's Gliscor shining in the moonlight from above!

Very good battle. Like what V Faction said, THIS is a League Battle. Only complaint is that Conway should have used Dusknoir first.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast