Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Working on a Right Move! (653)

I don't understand why Ash brings Glalie back, and not using him. It was logical that he didn't used him for the battles against Conway and Paul, but I think that he would be very useful against Tobias.

Bad things about this episode:

- Lickilicky's Lick attack is so disgusting and disturbing; it can go down one hole in the ground and come up another!
    - Shuckle puked in Gible's mouth. GROSS!
    - Noctowl got KO'd by Thunderpunch. Why wasn't Conway dumb enough to use Shadow Punch on Noctowl? (Heh heh, of course this only sucks for me, because I always hate it when bird pokemon faint.)
    - The Ultimate Challenge song was too quiet.

Good things about this episode:

- Nice animation for Trick Room, and I like how Trick Room kind of made things even for Ash and Conway.
    - Draco Meteor's pretty effect; it would be a great contest move.
    - Noctowl sparkling as it comes out of its pokeball.
    - The awesome Ultimate Challenge song being played again (though, as mentioned above, it was too faint).
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    Was anyone else intensely bothered by the lack of volume that The Ultimate Challenge had? I couldn't make out more than "Friends to the end" or something like that. Everything going on garbled the vocals.

The original had the 2001 Movie Remix of Aim to Be A Pokemon Master play when Gible was beating Dusknoir. Ours would've been the Pokemon 4Ever extended version of Born to Be A Winner. The Johto League Champions theme had "JOH-TO!" said throughout the song, however the extended version didn't. Ultimate Challenge might've been better if we could actually *hear* it, though.
    Maybe they'll release it on a CD in the future. Maybe...

Who knows?

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    Is it possible Ash was smart enough to have 3 random pokemon out to confuse anyone who spied on his training?
    I was surprised when he didn't use any of the Pokémon that he had out during his training. I guess he was having some random training session or something since I can't imagine Ash actually doing that.

This episode is arguably one of the best episodes in the DP saga. And it has a horrible name.

Seriously, it was great. The battle was great, definitely the best of the Sinnoh League so far. Noctowl got some awesome power-ups. Gible got some good development. Donphan kind of sucked, but he was in Battle Frontier. Conway showed off loving strategies and his Pokemon battled well (while being creepy though.) And The Ultimate Challenge totally brought the battle to an amazing end.

Let's see if Ash vs Paul can top it. 9.5/10.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

One thing I still wanted to see though was instead of that last Dragon Pulse was to see Gible actually dodge that Shadow Punch using Dig and use Dragon Pulse from up close and point blank. That would've made the ending to this battle much more sweeter in my opinion.

So:
    Dusknoir: Shadow Punch
    Gible: Chomps down on the fist and Draco Meteor
    Dusknoir: Shadow Punch
    Gible: Dig
    Dusknoir: WHERE DID IT GOOO!!!
    Gible: Sharkfin rises through the ground and Gible surfaces with a Dragon Pulse in its mouth right in front of Dusknoir crashing into it and knocking it out.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    Trick Room's animation was cool.

Now that I saw it in english, I found conway's comments on the battle pretty cool.

Even conways pokemon are creeps.

Shuckle puked inside gible, and wha lickilicky did was just disturbing.
    This.

Conway's pokemon which he used was quite... Unusual than some of the others which we've seen. First time we've see Shuckle in the DP saga I think?
    Other than that, the battle between Gible and Shuckle was extreme. With that Draco meteor and then Sludge bomb into Gibles mouth, it was awesome, it really was.

Pretty cool episode. I'm happy Infernape learned Flare Blitz and just in time for Ash's battle with Paul! I do think it was smart of Ash to have Infernape, Torterra & Glalie out during his training to trick anyone.

Onto the battle, I love how Gible managed to master Draco Meteor. I also like that Noctowl has three new moves and also gets a win. It sucks that Donphan didn't get a win, lost miserably and didn't showcase any new moves, although it was used in the Kanto Battle Frontier Arc and I guess that's life. At least it was cool to see Trick Room in action. Nice to see Gible with two wins!! I do wonder why they changed the song near the end of Guble VS Dusknoir, but it doesn't matter. Next stop, Ash VS Paul! (Kind of cool how if Ash beats Paul, this would be the first time he'd manage to get past the Top 8!)
    10/10

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I really didn't mind this episode.
    I WANNA BETHE VERY BEST

Brilliant strategy by Conway. using Shuckle,Lickilicky and Dusknoir. He chose it just for Ash knowing it would get him in trouble. Conway is a thinking trainer but Ash still countered it in his own unique way using Gible's mouth to catch their attacks and launch Draco Meteor in their face... great battle

Now that I've seen the actual episode in English, and know what move Conway was having Shuckle use against Noctowl, I really want to know just what Ash was thinking when he thought to use Sky Attack. I mean sure it's Noctowl's strongest attack, but Shuckle had already used Harden twice. What makes it even stranger is the fact that all of Noctowl's other used attacks were Special Attacks which Harden wouldn't have helped it defend against.

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

I like how someone, referring to Barry, was so surprised about how ash's noctowl was a shiny as opposed to when they only mentioned a pokemon was shiny in past episodes not making a big deal out of it, and for the battle itself I thought it was good, dusknoir is pretty awesome, and I like conways strategies in battle I know he's not the only one that uses strategies like paul does but I like his the best
    soulsilver friend code-3309 6888 9118

Dammit... I'm getting lazier & lazier every day... hell if I can remember everything that has happened in this...

- Before this fight even begins, we get a glimpse of how TR is doing with their marketing. Lately they've got an even better location inside the actual stadium itself, selling all sorts of food & drinks.
    - At first, all they're getting are dust balls, but once Champion Cynthia herself starts browsing their selection, everyone else passing by went ape&#37;$^# over her presence, & before they know it, they've got a crowd of buyers, again!
    - Okay, that's enough of that! It's time for someone to die! It'll either be Conway or Ash.
    - WAR START! Shuckle VS Noctowl! FIGHT!!!
    - ...Okay, I'm beginning to doubt Conway's intelligence with this. A Shuckle?? For me, anyone that uses one of thiese is instantly dumb in my eyes...
    - Anyhow... Noctowl starts things off with a Sky Attack, but Shuckle started spamming Withdraw, thus effectively nullifying the attack.
    - Shuckle then uses Power Trick or whatever the hell it's called, thus turning it into a powerhouse all of a sudden.
    - Then out comes a Gyro Ball, which with Shuckles slow speed, gives Noctowl some oomph!
    - Ash switches out with Donphan, but even that doesn't help, & so it gets swapped with Gible.
    - Shuckle gets things going eith another Gyro Ball, but gets stopped dead by Gible's jaws, effectively ensnaring it.
    - However, Shuckle isn't entirely helpless, & thus started Sludge Bombing inside his mouth. Double yuck!
    - In retaliation, Gible Draco Meteor'd it away into the sky, & much to our awe, & possibly Conway's chagrin, Shuckle exploded into a fireworks display. It ain't surviving that!
    - & sure enough, I was right. Still, even though Conway was dumb in using a Shuckle, Ash having to use three Pok&#233;mon, a.k.a. his entire team, just to kill one of the opponent is even more so, as at this time of the fight, that's a recipe for a good %$&-whupping!
    - Conway gets out his Lickylicky, & right away he starts things with Lick. That's just really creepy...
    - Thankfully, Ash has a solution to that: Noctowl. With its flight, Lickylicky can't hope to reach it, & with an Air Slash & Extrasensory, it delivers the smackdown!
    - Conway's last Pok&#233;mon is Dusknoir, but this time, it puts up a Trick Room, which ^%&*s up the speed priorities in this match; thus turtles on downers like Dusknoir (& most likely Conway's entire team) all of a sudden are now like the Flash, while the fastest Pok&#233;mon in the world, which Ash has, are now slower than mollasses in January... Told you that Ash's bad decision making came back to haunt him...
    - Dusknoir makes short work of both Noctowl & Donphan, & now the pressure's on Gible...
    - Dusknoir sends a Shadow Punch his way, & again, Gible takes a bite out of it & never lets go.
    - Gible once more sends out a Draco Meteor at point-blank, & like Shuckle before him, Dusknoir explodes in an amazing fireworks display. This time, however, Dusknoir is still alive...
    - Gible gets out a Dragon Pulse, but with Trick room still on, Dusknoir can still run rings all over him.
    - At the last second, Gible dodges his attack & manages to blow him away! & with that, Ash gets the satisfaction of giving Conway what-for for his stalking habits.
    - Not only that, he gets matched up with Paul in the Quarterfinals.

That didn't go as well as I had expected; both sides had made both great & horrible decisions, but even though Trick Room screwed with Ash, he still pulled out a win.

What surprised me even more is that I've still remembered most of it even after a week... Looks like I've still got it...!

Overall this was a really good Sinnoh League Battle. Although Lickilicky 'licking' Gible, was slightly disturbing. I wouldn't think they'd show tongue raping =/

I have to say my favortie part of this episode was Cynthia deciding on what to eat. I love her indecisiveness. "It all looks delicious. Do I want a sandwich? Oh and that ice cream looks good too."

8.5/10

It was the first time they showed Tobias's face.... He sure looked like he meant business

Good episode liked how Conway came back by using stratedy. Cant wait to see the Ash vs Paul battle though gonna be amazing ^_^. Oh and Cynthia picking what to eat was sooooo funny and Gible learning Draco Metour yay but that means Piplup wont be ab;le to get anymore boo lol

I started wondering about the move "mean look" a time after I saw this episode.
    In the anime, we only see trainers try to change pokemon with their pokeballs after "mean look" is used.
    Would it work to change pokemon who doesnt use a pokeball like Ash`s pikachu?
    I don`t remember if a pokemon have been knocked out of the field while the move is in play, but I think it has happend. (If so, maybe they just can`t get into their trainer`s area?)

Enough of my crazy rambling...!

When I saw the shadow flying in at the end I got so happy. Sadly I thought it was Charizard....not Gliscor.
    Volt Tackle's #1 fan
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/s2fn76.jpg[/IMG]
    Diamond fc:4468 1368 0835 ign: psfrag
    Heart Gold fc:4555 2145 5815 ign: psfrag

Fan Fiction

The first two round of Ash's battle are not that good to me. The battles in the grand festival was more epic in my opinion.Plus the commentator was lame, I miss the 4kids commentator. Ash getting wise all of a sudden is not like him at all. Changing his team all of a sudden before Conway battle and teaching sleep talk to Heracross to counter sing. I know his unpredictable in battles but not a strategist. I hope his last two battles will be better.
    My Pokemon Friend Codes:

Diamond:4983-5430-4342

I liked the fact that Conway used a Trick Room strategy in this battle.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

Yes, it was very creative of Conway to use Trick Room in the battle, as it really helped him out.

Unfortunately, the first few battles of the Sinnoh League were pretty boring to me, and Conway is a pretty bland rival (if you can even call him "rival"), so I didn't like this episode much. Mostly liked it because Gible mastered Draco Meteor.

Episode Rating: 2.5/10
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

This episode was very cool. It was cool to see Gible finally master Dragon Meteor. It was funny how Gible was actually launching Conway's Pokemon in the air with that attack, and knocking them out when Dragon Meteor breaks into Meteors. It was cool to see Infernape finally learn Flare Blitz, it looks awesome. Donphan got knocked out very easily in the battle. It was cool to see Power Trick used for the 1st time. It was cool to see that Noctowl had learned Extrasensory and Sky Attack. It was cool to see Trick Room and how it works for the 1st time.

98/100

I love how Conway uses moves that we almost never see in the anime.

Also I think that sludge bomb in Gible's mouth must have tasted awful!
    "Be yourself and no regrets... that's our motto!"
    -------------------------->[+-][+-]
    ---------------------------->[+-]
    -------------------------->[+-]
    ----------------------->[+-][+-]apto369

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

In Soviet Russia, Pokemon claim you!

Current play through-
    Heartgold FC: 4686 1335 9888. Feel free to add me and message me to add you too!

Quote Originally Posted by zapto369 View Post
    Also I think that sludge bomb in Gible's mouth must have tasted awful!
    You think?

It was kind of funny, though.

Ash: Gible, catch Shuckle with your mouth! (or something like that)
    Conway: Use sludge Bomb into Gible's mouth!
    Shuckle: Shuckle. *uses sludge bomb*
    Gible: O_o
    Conway: Now, please let go of Shuckle.

Poor Gible. First that, and then getting licked all over the place by Lickilicky.....at least Gible won.

Another great league battle that I thoroughly enjoyed!

Awesome that Infernape learned a new move, Flare Blitz!

Also, great that Gible finally mastered Draco Meteor! Piplup is now safe!
    I thought for a minute that Gible was going to evolve in this episode.

Also, Gliscor is back! Awesome!

The way that Gliscor came back made me think it was Charizard that he called back!
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast