Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Othelloshipping (Ash x White) General Discussion

Default Othelloshipping (Ash x White) General Discussion

Going against my better instincts as to why this thread hadn't been created yet, I decided to go ahead and make the Ash/Fifth Gen girl shipping thread, which I've frequently seen referred to as "Othelloshipping". This thread isn't official, mind you; unless a higher up wants to change that (or lock the thread, whatever floats their boats.) I do realize the slight level of uncertainty that goes into making this thread, such as whether or not the fifth-generation girl will even be shown in the anime, but I feel the "game girl to anime girl" trend has been repetitive enough to make this a sure-in.

As well, as long as the moderators are cool with this thread being open, I'll keep a member list and start typing up some rules.

So, taking a page from the first Pearlshipping thread, I'll pose the first question: "What should their first interactions be like if they meet?"

I hope this chick isn't a rookie, I loved Dawn but that trend is sort of old. I wish the girl was a rival though it would not make sense to have your rival travel around with you 24/7. I wonder if Ash would actually have a crush on a chick older than him~
    Kakashi (to Naruto): "I'm telling you this because you don't get it. You think you get it, but it's not the same as actually getting it. Get it?"

Psychic Monotype:
    Fighting Monotype:
    Steel Monotype:
    Fire Monotype:

Quote Originally Posted by Spacialrend View Post
    I hope this chick isn't a rookie, I loved Dawn but that trend is sort of old. I wish the girl was a rival though it would not make sense to have your rival travel around with you 24/7. I wonder if Ash would actually have a crush on a chick older than him~
    How old is the new chick going to be? I haven't actually watched the anime in ages but isn't Ash meant to be like 15 now? It would be interesting if the new girl had a rival/teasing thing going with Ash, instead of just agreeing with him all the time like May and Dawn did. Oh how I miss Misty...

3DS Friend Code: 0404-6538-7323
    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Gary's Raticate was clearly not in the top percentile of Raticate.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowth! That's right! View Post
    How old is the new chick going to be? I haven't actually watched the anime in ages but isn't Ash meant to be like 15 now? It would be interesting if the new girl had a rival/teasing thing going with Ash, instead of just agreeing with him all the time like May and Dawn did. Oh how I miss Misty...

Ash was restated back to a ten year old when Hoenn started, so he will stay ten years old until the show tell something different.

It would be interested if we did see some teaseing/argueing as well, for something different and a new change in pace. but since their are rumors of this new girl begin the new main charather or that she is older than 10 years old im not sure if this ship will happen.

But since i like both chararthers i don't mind supporting this ship called Othelloshipping, (i have no idea why its called that thought. >.>)

Quote Originally Posted by Xeice
    As well, as long as the moderators are cool with this thread being open
    Yep, it's all good in the hood! I'm planning on creating a general Four-chan shippings thread at some point later AND I let the Black-kun/Four-chan discussion stay so why not this?

The only thing I AM changing is Othelloshipping's mention in the title. It DOES seem like that will be the name but until it is finalized, until it is set in stone I'd rather not have names fly around juuuuuuust in case. Call it my paranoia as well as my seriousness over people using the right names.

So long, best friend; Bryony Sarah White: 28/6/87 - 29/6/13
    Ships I've NamedTwitter

Quote Originally Posted by midnightjewelz View Post
    Ash was restated back to a ten year old when Hoenn started, so he will stay ten years old until the show tell something different.

It would be interested if we did see some teaseing/argueing as well, for something different and a new change in pace. but since their are rumors of this new girl begin the new main charather or that she is older than 10 years old im not sure if this ship will happen.

But since i like both chararthers i don't mind supporting this ship called Othelloshipping, (i have no idea why its called that thought. >.>)
    Othello refers to both the game (Where you have black and white pieces) and the play (where you had the one black character and everyone else is white). It plays off the fact that Black/White is 95% likely to be called ChessShipping, so they are both named after games.
    {{{ Ad Astera Alis Fragilibus }}}
    To the Stars on Fragile Wings

Hmm, I would like them to have a bit of a dynamic, I suppose (not as much of a slap-happy relationship as Pokeshipping, but a bit more drama than Advance- and/or Pearlshipping). My thing is, I'm still not sure on how I'd like her personality to be. I don't want her to be a complete newbie. Since she's supposedly at least a little older, I'll tentatively place her around twelve to thirteen (still within shipping range...) and say she's been traveling on her own for a while. Not only does this give her experience to be his equal (not a rival nor someone for him to teach), but it can give a reason for her to travel with him: after all this time, she's lonely. I'm all for the teasing between the two, as long as that stays light-hearted. Personally, I'd like to see a deeper, darker (not bad) heroine. Like, she's suffering some traumatic experience from her past, or something, and Ash helps her overcome it. But maybe it's just me...
    "Maybe waiting isn't good enough..."
    "My thoughts exactly."

I'll ship it sure. The new girl looks awesome. I think right from the strart they should travel alone with each other, please no Brock with them this time. Have them get to know each other. Maybe for the first couple of episodes, I would like for Ash to admire her or some thing and than later develope some thing for her and be confused about it.
    Later as the series goes on the girl see Ash is very special to her. I know things won't go as planned as I want but oh wells. I do think it will get some hints every now and than. I am intrested to know what kind of relationship they'll have, cuz each girl Ash has a different relationship with.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Tride and true Pokeshipper here, but I will definately say that this seems far better (in my personal opinion) then either Advanceshipping or Pearlshipping. This girl seems to have more character, and doesn't have that rookish feel as some others have implied. It will never be better then the original to me, but not bad all in all

Also, until we get an official name for her, I am calling this girl Fran. It's the hair more then anything...oh, and the legs...definately the legs.
    Last edited by AmericanDreamer; 27th May 2010 at 7:32 AM.
    This is me. This is my team. Fear our wrath.
    Trainer Card for my Fanfiction.
    (First line links to FF.net version of the story, second line links to Serebii.net version of the story)
        Spoiler:- Credit for stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDreamer View Post
    Tride and true Pokeshipper here, but I will definately say that this seems far better (in my personal opinion) then either Advanceshipping or Pearlshipping. This girl seems to have more character, and doesn't have that rookish feel as some others have implied. It will never be better then the original to me, but not bad all in all

Also, until we get an official name for her, I am calling this girl Fran. It's the hair more then anything...oh, and the legs...definately the legs.
    I'm all for calling her Fran, but Ash doesn't make the best Balthier, leading man or otherwise...

More on topic, what kind of personality would you like her to have, and how would this affect her relationship with Ash?

As I've already kind of said, I'd like a more serious heroine for once. It's fine for the two of them to chum around on the surface level, but deep down I'd like drama. She's supposed to be older, which amounts to more experience, meaning she doesn't have to hang with Ash. Maybe whatever it is that's holding her back from continuing on alone is a traumatic past or a phobia she can't overcome? I'd like to see a buildup of such drama until she breaks, and Ash helps her through it, bringing them closer than ever...
    "My thoughts exactly."

Quote Originally Posted by MyCurrentObsession View Post
    I'm all for calling her Fran, but Ash doesn't make the best Balthier, leading man or otherwise...
    That made me laugh because I wasn't thinking about FF at all I was refering to Fran Fine, from the old TV show "The Nanny". I never even thought about Fran the rabbit lady from FF.
    More on topic, what kind of personality would you like her to have, and how would this affect her relationship with Ash?

As I've already kind of said, I'd like a more serious heroine for once. It's fine for the two of them to chum around on the surface level, but deep down I'd like drama. She's supposed to be older, which amounts to more experience, meaning she doesn't have to hang with Ash. Maybe whatever it is that's holding her back from continuing on alone is a traumatic past or a phobia she can't overcome? I'd like to see a buildup of such drama until she breaks, and Ash helps her through it, bringing them closer than ever...
    Well she definately seems tougher then the other girls so far. I can actually see her as being similar to misty, sort of tomboyish and spunky. Just looking at her, I can't imagine her being someone who would want anything to do with contests. I think that she would be happier playing with the boys then dressing up with the girls.

I think that this would give her very different dynamics with Ash then what we have seen so far, even different then Misty. Ash would have more respect for her for one thing because battling and wanting to be the best at that is somthing which he understands on a more personal level then contests. He would automatically be closer to her because he would relate to her. He might also have somthing of a friendly rivalry with her, a little push, back and forth with both of them keeping the other on their toes.

Another thing, looking at her, I can sort of see her as being a flirt as well. A tomboy, spunky, kick-butt, flirt. All in all, I think a very good chemistry for her and Ash.

But honestly, I still prefer Misty for him
    This is me. This is my team. Fear our wrath.
    Trainer Card for my Fanfiction.
    (First line links to FF.net version of the story, second line links to Serebii.net version of the story)
        Spoiler:- Credit for stuff:

Well this will probably wont happen but it would make the anime interesting (in a shipper's perspective anyways)

Well as travels into the next region other with Misty or Dawn as his travel companion. The Fifth Gen Girl AKA Fran appears as Ash's new Rival. The thing is Ash is unaware (like always) that both his travel companion (Dawn or Misty) and his new rival "Fran" have a crush on him. Obviously the anime will probably slowly build up the tension and the girls may have a likely hatred between each other. This would make a couple of funny scenarios throughout the season.

Quote Originally Posted by -BlackThorn- View Post
    Well this will probably wont happen but it would make the anime interesting (in a shipper's perspective anyways)

Well as travels into the next region other with Misty or Dawn as his travel companion. The Fifth Gen Girl AKA Fran appears as Ash's new Rival. The thing is Ash is unaware (like always) that both his travel companion (Dawn or Misty) and his new rival "Fran" have a crush on him. Obviously the anime will probably slowly build up the tension and the girls may have a likely hatred between each other. This would make a couple of funny scenarios throughout the season.
    Wait, wait wait.
    Why "Misty or Dawn"?
    Why Misty at all?
    And why not May?
    May is more likely to travel with Ash again than Misty is since Misty actually has a job she's doing in Cerulean.
    {{{ Ad Astera Alis Fragilibus }}}
    To the Stars on Fragile Wings

Guise, I am going to type this once and once only. You are getting close to taking this off-topic, which is the discussion of Ash x Four-chan/White. Do NOT turn this thread into a whine about whether Dawn will stay with Ash or whether May or Misty should come back because I WILL close this thread and ALL of you will get warned.

Carry on.

So long, best friend; Bryony Sarah White: 28/6/87 - 29/6/13
    Ships I've NamedTwitter

How they would meet is pretty obvious. The trend Ash seems to have is Pikachu roasting the new poke-girl's bike. It started with Misty, then May, and finally Dawn. So they can't have her join Ash's posse without having her bike destroyed by Pikachu; if they don't destroy it, then it would be a miracle.
    Also known as SulliMike23, SullyMike23, and Sullimon311

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDreamer View Post
    That made me laugh because I wasn't thinking about FF at all I was refering to Fran Fine, from the old TV show "The Nanny". I never even thought about Fran the rabbit lady from FF.
    Really? Well, I feel kind of stupid now...
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterTrainer243 View Post
    How they would meet is pretty obvious. The trend Ash seems to have is Pikachu roasting the new poke-girl's bike. It started with Misty, then May, and finally Dawn. So they can't have her join Ash's posse without having her bike destroyed by Pikachu; if they don't destroy it, then it would be a miracle.
    Actually, while there is a fairly good chance that this is how they'd meet (status quo being god, after all), I'd kind of like to see a break in this trend. They can only do the same thing so many times before it stops being funny. Besides, logically speaking, how would they manage Pikachu destroying yet another girl's bike without completely recycling the plot? The only way I can think of Pikachu zapping another bike would be accidentally due to sickness (since he/she's too skilled and well-trained now to do it any other way without seeming like it was totally set up like that), but that was done with May, so...

I'm rooting for their meeting to be accidental, though. Like, Team Rocket steals Pikachu again, and flies off in their balloon, leaving an angry Ash. They fly right overhead a confused "Fran", who Ash (chasing after TR) then runs into (possibly literally? I'd love to see him accidentally fall on top of her. Since it's a kids show, it wouldn't be blushy or anything, but still...). He'd be focused on catching TR, so he'd probably just keeping running, shouting an apology to her. Of course, when he catches up to TR, for once, he can't get his Mon back (most likely because he starts out every region with just Pika, so without him/her, he's screwed!). Then, out of nowhere comes a Pokemon that pops the balloon and conveniently sends Pikachu flying right into Ash's arms. Turns out that Mon was "Fran's", and she had followed him. Good thing, too; if she hadn't, TR might actually have gotten away with Pikachu!

I like the idea of that, because it's an introduction that would set her apart from the other girls. Not just in the bike aspect, but also the fact that she's not a rookie. It would show that he'd be with a girl who is his equal, not his "student".
    "My thoughts exactly."

Actually, while there is a fairly good chance that this is how they'd meet (status quo being god, after all), I'd kind of like to see a break in this trend. They can only do the same thing so many times before it stops being funny. Besides, logically speaking, how would they manage Pikachu destroying yet another girl's bike without completely recycling the plot? The only way I can think of Pikachu zapping another bike would be accidentally due to sickness (since he/she's too skilled and well-trained now to do it any other way without seeming like it was totally set up like that), but that was done with May, so...

I'm rooting for their meeting to be accidental, though. Like, Team Rocket steals Pikachu again, and flies off in their balloon, leaving an angry Ash. They fly right overhead a confused "Fran", who Ash (chasing after TR) then runs into (possibly literally? I'd love to see him accidentally fall on top of her. Since it's a kids show, it wouldn't be blushy or anything, but still...). He'd be focused on catching TR, so he'd probably just keeping running, shouting an apology to her. Of course, when he catches up to TR, for once, he can't get his Mon back (most likely because he starts out every region with just Pika, so without him/her, he's screwed!). Then, out of nowhere comes a Pokemon that pops the balloon and conveniently sends Pikachu flying right into Ash's arms. Turns out that Mon was "Fran's", and she had followed him. Good thing, too; if she hadn't, TR might actually have gotten away with Pikachu!

I like the idea of that, because it's an introduction that would set her apart from the other girls. Not just in the bike aspect, but also the fact that she's not a rookie. It would show that he'd be with a girl who is his equal, not his "student".
    I suppose you have a point. But it would be nice if they did break that trend.
    Also known as SulliMike23, SullyMike23, and Sullimon311

Yah man, can't see Ash meeting the girl without burning that bike of there's.
    It'd be funny if it happened different this time, like say she's arriving by train and he electricks it. Course they could always have it with her wanting her to go just freely without her bike getting fried. Or maybe she gets held by Team Rocket, that'd be fresh for a change.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Yah man, can't see Ash meeting the girl without burning that bike of there's.
    It'd be funny if it happened different this time, like say she's arriving by train and he electricks it. Course they could always have it with her wanting her to go just freely without her bike getting fried. Or maybe she gets held by Team Rocket, that'd be fresh for a change.
    That would be different, but I at least wouldn't like it, because of two things. One, TR is after Pokemon, so why would they hold a girl hostage? Two, having her be captured and held so easily would be like denying the one thing that sets her apart from the other girls - she's supposed to be experienced, not some damsel in distress for Ash to rescue.

Of course, working off of your idea, we could say that she's just pretending to need help, and is just waiting for the perfect time to pull of her great escape. How priceless would it be for Ash to show up and save the day only to get chewed out by her because she wanted to save herself?
    "My thoughts exactly."

I personally am pulling for her being a part-time trainer/part-time grifter, rambling from town to town and parting the terminally stupid from their cash with tales of her sick Pokabu's need for an operation and an almost endless supply of glass diamonds.

When she meets our young hero she out-and-out tricks him out of a large amount of cash. So he ends up following her around to get his money back whilst probably digging himself even deeper into debt.

...Alright, so that will almost certainly not happen. Why do you feel the need to wreck my dreams? Anyway, I still say she's got the moxie to pull something like that off. And just think of the Team Rocket interaction!

I think my actual point is that it'd be nice if Ash had a reason to follow HER around and not vice-versa.

That would be different, but I at least wouldn't like it, because of two things. One, TR is after Pokemon, so why would they hold a girl hostage? Two, having her be captured and held so easily would be like denying the one thing that sets her apart from the other girls - she's supposed to be experienced, not some damsel in distress for Ash to rescue.

Of course, working off of your idea, we could say that she's just pretending to need help, and is just waiting for the perfect time to pull of her great escape. How priceless would it be for Ash to show up and save the day only to get chewed out by her because she wanted to save herself?
    Well I figure the reason why they'd hold the girl captured is to get one of her Pokemon. Than Ash would come to her rescue sort of, they could have her fight them off in the end.

*gives thread the post of life*

To keep things going, how would Ash's relationship with this girl differ from those of his relationships with previous girls?

Well, it wouldn't be slap-happy (Misty) or teacher-student (May and Dawn), and maybe it's just me but I'm hoping that she won't end up as his rival. Not that it wouldn't be cool to have a female rival for him for a change, but rivals don't exactly spend much time together, so there'd be less of her in general (and less shippy hints!). Not to sound like a broken record, but I'd like her to travel with him as his equal. Since it wouldn't make sense for them both to do gym battles, she'll probably end up in contests (I hope not...), but it would be nice to see her be something completely original. Maybe she's aspiring to be a gym leader or something, and is traveling with him just to train more. It'd be nice to see them face off every now and then in good fun (and also think about double-battles; I at least think a pair working together to beat down opponents would be cool). So, that's my two cents. A logical, yet different relationship that could actually work.

Anybody else have an opinion on the matter?
    "My thoughts exactly."

Seeing as Brock is hitting the road, I would like it if the new girl took over his role. Sort of a mentor role with a little rivalry thrown in. Her trying to become a gym leader would be a great plot or they could have her doing something like traveling around and researching about the legendary pokemon. That would definitely get her involved deep within the storyline.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

I would be actually glad if the main girl was older, so that there won't be any real shippy hints. Because that would be just wrong if she was as old as Brock.

My ideal battle ever!

I am so disappointed!!! The cool girl from Black and White -who is definetely at least 14- won't be the main girl in the anime. If you don't know, she will be replaced by an original anime girl, who is going to be a child! Not again!!! :'(

However, this gives us many chances to see the guy from the game as a main character. Think about it: They said that both Dawn and Brock will be left behind so he could take Brock's place (Yeah! I am so bored of Brock!!! :P).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast