Page 153 of 170 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 4245

Thread: Wishfulshipping (Cilan x Iris) General Discussion - SPOILER WARNING

Hmm... haven't been here in a while. But what the heck, I have time to waste.

I'm really liking the fanarts that I saw - didn't pay much attention to the anime screenshots since I'm no longer interested, but there was a nice eye contact scene in there, which I'm always a sucker for; eye contact just seems so special to me, no matter who it's between. Obviously, the type of relationship varying and all, but eye contact is a biggie in my books.

Iris and Dento's eye contact is always very sweet, and most importantly, so sincere. It's a really nice change to see two characters so genuine with one another; not to say that the other side characters weren't decent or whatever, but they didn't seem to have as beautiful as chemistry as these two do, and they don't interact nearly as much as far as I'm concerned.

Iris and Dento (though I can no longer stand Dento) are still, in my books, one of the best ships, despite my dying interest, and my lack of activity on this thread. You may or may not hear from me soon.

~Jess~
    I used to care but now I'm pretty much just bored and heavily attracted to Jeff Clement.

Tumblr!: http://rubyhaireddemon.tumblr.com/

Hey Jess! Welcome back. :3 I find their eye contact cute too, and I agree it always looks sincere. That's why it's so sweet. X3

@Tykira- Loved your picture! ^^ Keep up the good work! : )

----
    If there were a WishfulShipping episode in the anime, what would it be about?

My dream episode /killed

It's hard to say quite what it'd be like, there's just so many options. o-o; I'd like to see something with that scan animated I guess. Like a finale episode where Dento (or Iris if you wish to be non-traditional) asks one another to dance. But I don't expect that in Pokemon. ;-; Most of all I'd like to see another episode that hints upon the spirit vs science again. Throw in a few blushes *cough*coz they're flirting*cough* and then someone (doesn't matter who) asks/thinks they are a couple.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Hey Jess! Welcome back. :3 I find their eye contact cute too, and I agree it always looks sincere. That's why it's so sweet. X3
    Thanks. And yeah, the sincerity is what draws me into this shipping. It reminds me of the first time of when I noticed how strong their bond could get back in the early stages of BW...with the Dwebble scene and I was like: "Yeah, this ship could be one of the sweetest things ever....", so yeah... that was the key point for me, and what mainly got me into shipping them: I always check (well, did) for eye contact throughout the episodes to ensure their main element (in my opinion) ain't diminishing.
    I used to care but now I'm pretty much just bored and heavily attracted to Jeff Clement.

GUYZ GUYZ GUYZ SOS! ok, so I was on Memebase in my iPod, and I was looking at Pokememes, right? So you probably know that the Orange Islands but with Cilan and Iris are coming up in Japan, right? So I was just looking at the poster, and in the bottom right I see the one word I know in Japanese: SAYANORA. WITH A PICTURE OF CILAN WAVING GOOD BYE. Now this is just me, but I'm panicking right now. PLEASE DON'T TRASH IRIS AND CILAN SO SOON, THEY HAVEN'T KISSED YET! Okay. I'm done. I'm going to go panic inmy diary now.
    Flynnie signing off to go have a panic attack!!!!!!!

SAYANORA. WITH A PICTURE OF CILAN WAVING GOOD BYE.
    Though I now can't stand Dento and would see this as a good thing... it completely ruins any chances of anything happening between Iris and himself, and so ruins the dynamic of this entire thread, in theory. With nothing to go by, unless the show physically shows them writing to one another and expressing discomfort without the other (missing each other, wishing the other was there, etc), which is a VERY minuscule chance, this is practically on hold.

But y'never know, since we have no details yet. I think you should hold that panic attack off until we have some information about what's happening; the same happened with Iris when they got to Opelucid. Everybody thought she would leave on the dot because of game influence - or a good number of people anyways, there was a whole thread for it for God sake - but that didn't happen and a lot of people were made to look pretty ridiculous.

And besides, it's not like Cilan leaving the show has much negative effect anyways: it won't stop us shipping, it won't stop us from using the vast sea of shipping material we already have between these two. The only thing it would stop would be canon interactions... but let me tell you something: Ikarishipping is popular because it leaves a lot to the mind. Perhaps Cilan leaving (if that is the case) would help Wishfulshipping move FORWARD rather than backwards because people would start to fill in the gaps that the show is no longer filling. It makes sense.

Optimism, hooray~

~Jess~

Eh Dento's not leaving by himself. Actually, Dento's going to shake Ash's hand and Iris is the one waving. ^^; Just thought I'd clear this up. While nothing is confirmed either are leaving for good, it's heavily hinted that Dento and Iris will be leaving Ash at the same time. It is unknown where their paths will take them, however.

THEY HAVEN'T KISSED YET!
    D8 LIES!!

Spoiler:- :

D8 LIES!!
    I second this with little to no argument. No argument. Boom.

All these speculation threads are driving me nuts; as long as Iris is there and Dento, by default and for Iris, is there, nothing is either proven against or to be happening... it's just ridiculous. Why are people pissing themselves over Dento leaving anyways? Even some Wishfulshippers are like "Oh, Dento leaving is going to murder Wishfulshipping~!" - Um, no it's not. Just... just NO.

Wishfulshipping is still alive and strong, despite whether he leaves or not. Even though I agree with Gina when she says that Dento and Iris will probably leave Ash together.

Sorry to pop in here, I normally never post here, even though I support WishfulShipping, but anyways, in my opinion, it's pretty clear that Iris will leave: the girl pattern (one saga as a main character, a cameo in the next saga and then being treated like she never existed) is probably going to continue. However, Cilan still has a chance to stay. Brock left in OS and came back in early AG, and the same goes for the AG to DP transition. Cilan could very well come back in Gen 6.

@Jesspikapal, indeed, a shipping can still stay alive if the characters aren't in the anime anymore. Active supporters are what keeps a shipping alive. As long as WishfulShipping remains to get a nice amount of active supporters, it'll stay alive.

Cilan could very well come back in Gen 6.
    If the guy in the sky has any mercy, this will not be the case. .___.

As long as WishfulShipping remains to get a nice amount of active supporters, it'll stay alive.
    This's what I've been saying all along: people worry far too much about people losing interest all because one of them won't be here. I support ships in which the other person isn't there and have I stopped? No. Same for Aqua, since I know he does too. People's habit to get so damn attached to characters and then tie that character DIRECTLY in with shipping makes me angry; those people that think a bond is destroyed simple because the other leaves. If anything, it makes it STRONGER... and I can't stand people who whine about it either.

Despite what any confirmation gives out, Wishfulshipping is not in threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesspikapal View Post
    If the guy in the sky has any mercy, this will not be the case. .___.

This's what I've been saying all along: people worry far too much about people losing interest all because one of them won't be here. I support ships in which the other person isn't there and have I stopped? No. Same for Aqua, since I know he does too. People's habit to get so damn attached to characters and then tie that character DIRECTLY in with shipping makes me angry; those people that think a bond is destroyed simple because the other leaves. If anything, it makes it STRONGER... and I can't stand people who whine about it either.

Despite what any confirmation gives out, Wishfulshipping is not in threat.
    Yes, the only serious threat for WishfulShipping would be Cilan and Iris losing interest in each other and/or developing feelings for others, and those two things didn't happen and probably won't happen. And so, WishfulShipping remains safe.

I can understand sadness about a character leaving. But then it shouldn't be sadness about the shipping, it should be sadness about a character you really love not appearing anymore, simply because the shipping isn't destroyed by a character's departure. I'm sad about Misty not being in the anime anymore, but that's just because she's my favourite character, not because of PokeShipping.

I indeed support shippings in which the characters don't see each other frequently anymore. I support Ash x Misty and Ash's Pikachu x Misty's Togepi/Togetic, those couples will never meet again on-screen, but that won't keep me from supporting them. Sure, I'm limited to headcanon, fanfiction and fanart for the couples meeting again, but I still support them. And May and Dawn travel off-screen, without the ones I ship them with (Drew and Zoey), but that doesn't mean I can't remain a supporter of these shippings. And the same goes for WishfulShipping: I'll keep on supporting it, there's no reason to ditch it just because Iris and Cilan might not be with each other anymore at the end of this saga.

And about the losing interest thing: if someone truly loves a shipping, he/she won't lose interest because of a character's departure. If someone loses interest because of that, I don't think they really support that shipping. Anyways, I'm sure WishfulShipping will keep a big amount of supporters, even when BW is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesspikapal View Post
    [COLOR="#008080"]I second this with little to no argument.
    Just wait until I add to it. >:3 Btw I miss that video in slow mo of it. It was awesome because it DID look like she freaking kissed him.

Even some Wishfulshippers are like "Oh, Dento leaving is going to murder Wishfulshipping~!" - Um, no it's not. Just... just NO.
    Well thankfully I don't see anyone bringing that up HERE. What Wishfulshippers are doing on other sites have little importance here. So as an early notice let's try not to speculate who's leaving and "OH NO WISHULSHIPPINGs GONNA DIE1!!!!" Because it won't well, not if you want it to anyway.

--

I will update pictures soon. But it seems like next epi Dento and Iris battle together. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua
    Yes, the only serious threat for WishfulShipping would be Cilan and Iris losing interest in each other and/or developing feelings for others
    Not even that. I've supported many ships that never happened canonically. I've supported ships I wanted to happen in canon, but they didn't. Sometimes I'm even happy they didn't happen into canon because I'd be stuck with that same belief of this is how they got together. That's fine for a romance, but I notice many times I wind up losing interest in the ship and go for more of the platonic things.
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 28th March 2013 at 7:20 PM.

Haha, I forgot how funny this ship is! So I read a few fanfics, sort of funny like the ship itself and looking at fanart I want Cilan with Sylveon. Also, no episode pictures? :/

If there were a WishfulShipping episode in the anime, what would it be about?

Probably like the episode; "Cottonee in Love!" But with focus Wishfulshipping, as it had some very funny shippy moments. Maybe, with Iris and Cilan instead of Cottonee trying to impress or confess to each other? It could have some very funny awkward shippy moments, I don't know what Ash would do, just stand there or something with its own subplot. XD

Anyway, I thought if X and Y anime carries on as Best Wishes then maybe Ash will travel with Iris and Cilan again. Also, since Iris and Cilan are going off by boat to Kanto with Ash?

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Uhh... people are saying that Dento's the only one that's going to leave after Pokemon BW Da!, but why do we see Iris and Dento in the same area where it says sayonara? I believe that if Dento were to leave by himself, then he would be the only one featured in the picture excluding Iris, but the catalog didn't feature that now didn't it? In my predictions, since Pokemon XY is a new generation that's interested in showing more eye candy than the current generation known as BW, Dento and Iris may be replaced by the end of the series which is a first for pokemon if Dento doesn't make a return as supporting character for the upcoming series. If the two protagonists of this series is going to leave after the upcoming season, then I would be grateful for how well the writers have made the development with the bond between Iris and Dento for this series. Unlike the previous sagas of Pokemon, the main girl didn't have that much of chemistry between the male protagonist that's not Satoshi.
    "If you attack Konoha, I will have to fight you… So save up your hatred and take it all on me, I'm the only one who can take it! It's the only thing I can do! I will shoulder your hatred and die with you! Because I'm your friend!"
    ~Naruto Uzumaki

Hey guys can we try not to bring up anything about Dento and Iris leaving the show? :c EVEN if they don't in the end, some members are sensitive. ;-;

Quote Originally Posted by Ash&Pikachu-Fan View Post
    Also, no episode pictures? :/
    NO NO! I posted them, but I accidentally posted them INVISIBLE. So here they are (un-invisible):

I don't know what Ash would do, just stand there or something with its own subplot. XD
    He'd stand there and say how they are best friends. xP Or have his own subplot maybe. xD

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Hey guys can we try not to bring up anything about Dento and Iris leaving the show? :c EVEN if they don't in the end, some members are sensitive. ;-;
    Oh, sure thing but it may slip out of me now and then... :/

NO NO! I posted them, but I accidentally posted them INVISIBLE. So here they are (un-invisible):

Oh, look! Cilan and Iris are almost looking at each other! A hint, maybe?

I do now, there's like nothing left on their plates. It also looks like Cilan is smiling at Iris.

Haha, Cilan and Iris sure do stand next to each other a lot... Axew gets around a lot too.

He'd stand there and say how they are best friends. xP Or have his own subplot maybe. xD
    Sounds about right but I'd go with a subplot, he looks so out of place in those kinds of episodes. XD

Anyway, I thought of a topic question;

If Jirachi is able to grant Cilan and Iris a few wishes, what would they wish for each other?

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

If Jirachi is able to grant Cilan and Iris a few wishes, what would they wish for each other?

Iris'd wish for Dento to stop being such a pain. *shot*

Nah, all joking aside, I think that Iris would innocently wish Dento the best in his Connoisseur career, and maybe not realise that it had been granted, since she seems like the type of innocent character that would mean no harm, but probably end up messing with the balance of welfare and luck. Hooray~! XD

Perhaps that they didn't have to leave each other (I'm talking about the whole group now for the SOUL reason that I am not allowed to leave Ash out - unfortunately), and even though they would have to as it'd probably be a wish that Jirachi wouldn't be able to grant due to fate/destiny/whatever you put it down to, but although it can't be granted, it'd prove how much they like each other.

Pfft, Dento would wish for Iris to be in a dress and dance with him, and Irisd would wish for Dento to be in a (dress) suit so that she can dance with him. And GRANTED IT WOULD BE, DON'T YOU DARE TRY AND ARGUE!

I really have nothing else, I'm such a useless human being. ;_____;

~Jess~

Spoiler:- images:

This is tough to say. Like they wouldn't wish to change each other or even force love etc. I imagine Dento being skeptical about the whole "wish" thing and like wish for something over the top just to see if he could prove it wrong. XD Like a romantic dinner for two and a table pops up.

As for Iris...hmm she'd probably wish for dragons. Is it bad I picture Dento and Iris selfish with their wishes? I guess they could swap it or sort of chime in while making the wish. XD

And there's 3 wishes judging by PokeSpe's Jirachi. Ash could wish for something too. XD

Spoiler:

The fact that they'll very likely leave does make me sad, but it won't make me ship them any less. Actually, in a way, it's shippier this way, if they leave together! Imagine just Dent staying or just Iris staying and the other leaving... I couldn't take that. It would just break my heart. I love their funny and cute dynamic too much.

Wow, I haven't been here for so long, I feel like an outsider again. I can't stay for long, though....

Dento: Grant wish? Pffff, yeah, right.
    Iris: Wishes? That's amazing!!!
    Dento: That's totally unscientific talk there, Iris. As many abilities as a pokemon can have, it's technically impossible that a pokemon would have the ability to grant ANY wish that you---
    Iris: (Is clearly not paying attention) Ooh! And you're so cute! But so powerful! I can't believe I'm really seeing a Jirachi here! It's supposed to be really rare and exotic and stuff!
    Dento: (loses his cool) Iris! I wish you'd pay attention to me just this once! I'm trying to say something here-
    Iris: (suddenly turns around and stares at him intently)
    Dento: Uh.....Iris?
    Iris: Why did I suddenly turn around? And why am I suddenly so interested in listening to whatever you have to say?
    Dento: Don't tell me--Wish? Oh, great.

Quote Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
    Wow, I haven't been here for so long, I feel like an outsider again. I can't stay for long, though....

Dento: That's totally unscientific talk there, Iris. As many abilities as a pokemon can have, it's technically impossible that a pokemon would have the ability to grant ANY wish that you---
    Iris: (Is clearly not paying attention) Ooh! And you're so cute! But so powerful! I can't believe I'm really seeing a Jirachi here! It's supposed to be really rare and exotic and stuff!
    Dento: (loses his cool) Iris! I wish you'd pay attention to me just this once! I'm trying to say something here-
    Iris: Why did I suddenly turn around? And why am I suddenly so interested in listening to whatever you have to say?
    Rofl that would be amazing spot on, spot on.

Wow, I haven't been here for so long, I feel like an outsider again.
    Ditto, I haven't been on here in Sylv-eons (pun, get it?)

Maybe it'd go like this?:

Jirachi: Cilan and Iris; I can grant you guys three wishes, so what would you desire the most?
    Iris: Wow! Three wishes? That's amazing!
    Cilan: *skeptical sciencey douchebag mode* Wishes? Well, I wish that was believable earlier (referring to the Beheeyem episode)...
    *clock turns back about five minutes*
    Jirachi: Okay, you've got two wishes left.
    Iris: *glares at Cilan*
    Cilan: *sheepishly* ^U^; Eh-heh, at least we know it works!

Totally not a SpongeBob reference nope But all joking aside, I think that Iris could wish for Cilan's dream of becoming an S-rank Pokémon Connoisseur/Sommelier/whatever to be realized, or maybe Cilan could wish for Iris to find a shiny rare Dragon Pokémon that she could become attached to.

(Sorry, I couldn't think of anything; I've been too busy writing my SS Nuzlocke story and trying not to bawl my eyes out reading Dangan Ronpa)

I really have nothing else, I'm such a useless human being. ;_____;
    Ah come on, Jess! You're not useless at all! Besides, I can't think of anything either...
    (My Wishful support~)

, and are the top 2 best Pokémon ever existed!

My Pokémon White team:
    - Piko (M), Calm nature, Likes to eat
    - Morrow (M), Bashful nature, Strongly defiant
    - Bianca (F), Brave nature, Highly persistant
    - Skylar (M) (Bianca's mate), Quiet nature, Often scatters things
    - Jewel (F), Impish nature, Proud of its power
    - Kiko (F), Timid nature, Mischievous

Read my SoulSilver Nuzlocke here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8787131/...ilver-Nuzlocke
    My White Nuzlocke: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8475738/...White-Nuzlocke

Quote Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
    Aw welcome back lightgiver! ^.^ And yeah I understand. I have exams and homework coming up just...fdafjhgfafg >.>;;;

LLOL this is perfect. XDDD As long as no one wishes for candy...they might have to pay for that next episode. XDD

Here's some fanart!

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=34820984

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=34710509

Enjoy.

Hello, everyone. Sorry I haven't been on in a while. School kinda occupied all of my time as well as other stuff...

Well, given the fact that we're told in-show that they both have goals and dreams that they wish to achieve, I think they would both wish that each other's goals and dreams be realized as well as they would wish that the other would be happy
    Ghost Lover
    :609:;487;;478;;426;:593:;354;;093;;353;:623:;479; ;429;;200;;302;;425;;356;

All sprites are property of GameFreak

Shyly attempts to join the forum during school times while everyone is busy. Hello, I love Wishfulshipping which I'm sure is a given, but yes, hello!

banner credit: skiyomi

Hi there airisuflower! Welcome to the club! ^^ Feel free to make yourself at home here, and answer any topics you (or if you) want.

Page 153 of 170 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163 ... LastLast