Page 19 of 170 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Wishfulshipping (Cilan x Iris) General Discussion - SPOILER WARNING

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Yeah, the newest Pokemon episode focused more on Cilan than on Iris. It would've been nice to have them interact with each other a bit more, but they didn't. Still, there's hope for next week or at least the week after that. Iris is getting an episode soon, so maybe that will be the one where Cilan and Iris spend time together. Cilan is also going to get an episode where he does detective work, so maybe Iris will be involved in that one. It's a long-shot I guess, but I want to see them working together more often.
    Yeah same here. Lol maybe Iris will blame the lost Audino on a ghost XD jk I've still got my hopes up for Dento helping Iris with Excadrill :< but I try not to get TOO hopeful for that coz it could be a depressing week....

As of them working together I really liked how well they worked together with trying to find the wind in the Cottonee episode. It was so cute. It really reminded me of the nature vs. technology theme in Black and White. These two just really scream it...
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    As of them working together I really liked how well they worked together with trying to find the wind in the Cottonee episode. It was so cute. It really reminded me of the nature vs. technology theme in Black and White. These two just really scream it...
    I also thought that it was cute seeing them working together in the Cottonee episode. I didn't notice that Iris and Cilan sort of have a nature versus technology theme going on, though. I guess it was pretty obvious, but I overlooked it. Iris seems to be more comfortable in the wild while Cilan seems to be more comfortable when he's somewhere more modern. I wonder if that was done on purpose to tie in with the games, or if it was just a total coincidence on the writer's part. Hmm, I guess we're supposed to come up with our own conclusions. Again.

I also thought that it was cute seeing them working together in the Cottonee episode. I didn't notice that Iris and Cilan sort of have a nature versus technology theme going on, though. I guess it was pretty obvious, but I overlooked it. Iris seems to be more comfortable in the wild while Cilan seems to be more comfortable when he's somewhere more modern. I wonder if that was done on purpose to tie in with the games, or if it was just a total coincidence on the writer's part. Hmm, I guess we're supposed to come up with our own conclusions. Again.
    I honestly think the writers planned this (maybe) just because how much of a coincidence is it to have two characters that are in BW games and fit into the Nature vs. Technology of the theme? I don't know. I gave up with the writers along time ago, but my faith for them came back a bit in BW. ^^; So maybe just maybe they planned this all along (maybe not in a shippy sense but they are still tied together in a way )

I honestly think the writers planned this (maybe) just because how much of a coincidence is it to have two characters that are in BW games and fit into the Nature vs. Technology of the theme? I don't know. I gave up with the writers along time ago, but my faith for them came back a bit in BW. ^^; So maybe just maybe they planned this all along (maybe not in a shippy sense but they are still tied together in a way )
    I guess so. I've honestly given up on the writers several times, but they find ways to get me interested in the anime. It's a love/hate sort of thing. It's really cool that Iris and Cilan are like total opposites of each other. When was the last time that we had characters like these in the main cast? I just really like how they're different yet also the same in some ways. They're like two puzzle pieces that fit together nicely. Yeah, bad metaphor. It's hard to explain, but they have more chemistry than a lot of the other characters in this series.

There must be a reason that the writers put two opposite characters together in a trio, whether it be to add a new dynamic or possible romance? ~gets shot~ Maybe the writers are slowly building up their relationship, which is why they're not interacting as much in the beginning. Keep in the mind they may still be getting used to each other. The Cottonee episode really showed how well Iris and Cilan work together as a team, which is a plus for us. Sure there weren't any direct hints, but it showcases how the nature and technology theme works together. Iris and Cilan could probably fend off well if they were ever separated from Ash. OH THAT GIVES ME AN EPISODE IDEA!!!
    Iris and Cilan could get separated from Ash in a forest!!!

~Made by Me!!~

Pearlshipping Rules!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokegirl16 View Post
    Iris and Cilan could probably fend off well if they were ever separated from Ash. OH THAT GIVES ME AN EPISODE IDEA!!!
    Iris and Cilan could get separated from Ash in a forest!!!
    Nice. ;D At first I was thinking "How could Ash possibly survive without them?" but looking back, there have been plenty of times when Ash has been able to fend for himself. Anyone remember that episode in which Ash and his Pokemon toughed it out in a snow cave overnight? And at the end of the episode Brock and Misty told him that they spent the night in a comfortable underground hot spring?

Imagine that scenario with Cilan and Iris. Oh boy.

On the forest topic, I remember reading a fanfiction about Cilan and Iris being trapped in the forest alone. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name, and the last I checked, it hadn't been updated in a while. Too bad. :\ I'd love to see an episode like that, though, with each putting their skills to good use.

I think it would be humorous if Cilan somehow misplaced his Town Map and Iris was left to navigate with her really primitive (but effective!) method of using her senses to find her way around.

Hey guys, I'm currently working on some more fanart right now. In the meantime, I wrote a long perspective on the whole Negaishipping vs. Wishfulshipping thing on my DeviantArt account. Just in case ya'll are interested, the link is here: http://ladykenshin.deviantart.com/
    Credit to Skyomi :PYou rock, xxGlassRose!

With special thanks and credit to Pokefan#493! ^_^ I believe in Jesus Christ.

I wish that the writers had added Iris and Cilan to the main cast because of romantic reasons, but that theory doesn't make much sense. Iris and Cilan never interacted in the games, so there wouldn't have been anything to base a romance on. I'm going to just assume that Iris and Cilan were chosen as Ash's traveling partners because they look to be near Ash's age. They had to give Ash friends who were young, and Cilan and Iris are really the only Gym Leaders in the games that seem young enough. Well, aside from Chili and Cress I suppose. I have to wonder what would've happened if Chili or Cress were chosen instead of Cilan, though

Quote Originally Posted by Vaaskun View Post
    Anyone remember that episode in which Ash and his Pokemon toughed it out in a snow cave overnight? And at the end of the episode Brock and Misty told him that they spent the night in a comfortable underground hot spring?

Imagine that scenario with Cilan and Iris. Oh boy.
    Hmm...Dento still needs to actually get into some hot springs It was unfair that Ash and Iris got one...well he did get one in BW013 with Ash but the water wasn't hot (well it was for the split second that he fell in *rimshot*)
    On the forest topic, I remember reading a fanfiction about Cilan and Iris being trapped in the forest alone. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name, and the last I checked, it hadn't been updated in a while. Too bad. :\ I'd love to see an episode like that, though, with each putting their skills to good use.
    Was this what you were talking about? ("Lost with the Opposite" by Maymist)

Quote Originally Posted by Tykira View Post
    Hey guys, I'm currently working on some more fanart right now. In the meantime, I wrote a long perspective on the whole Negaishipping vs. Wishfulshipping thing on my DeviantArt account. Just in case ya'll are interested, the link is here: http://ladykenshin.deviantart.com/
    That's great! We can always use more fanart! ^^

Hmm you bring up some interesting points there. I viewed most of that the same way as well. Only I at first sort of "play" shipped them together when I first saw them. I honestly don't think Ash will ever be seriously shipped with any girl, though at first I was open to Negai but now I'm slowly disliking it more and more. XD I guess that's how shipping wars start ^^; I'm not a big shipper...this is the first "main" ship I've ever seriously gotten into actually XD

I wish that the writers had added Iris and Cilan to the main cast because of romantic reasons, but that theory doesn't make much sense. Iris and Cilan never interacted in the games, so there wouldn't have been anything to base a romance on. I'm going to just assume that Iris and Cilan were chosen as Ash's traveling partners because they look to be near Ash's age. They had to give Ash friends who were young, and Cilan and Iris are really the only Gym Leaders in the games that seem young enough. Well, aside from Chili and Cress I suppose. I have to wonder what would've happened if Chili or Cress were chosen instead of Cilan, though
    Well the Anime is it's own Canon. I don't see why if in PokeSpe Wallace and Winona were a couple at one point and not have any relation in the games why Dento x Iris can't happen in the anime. If Dento and Iris met in the games I think I would have became annoyed of him fast ^^; he needs some speech theropy or something...

Hmm...I wonder how many of us would be supporting Pod x Iris or Corn x Iris if they joined? I dunno about Corn, but I think Pod x Iris is kind of cute...

I just thought of something else, Dento's a grass-type trainer and Iris is a wild girl...when you think of nature you think of forests or plants...so that's sort of a similarity between the two

I think it would be humorous if Cilan somehow misplaced his Town Map and Iris was left to navigate with her really primitive (but effective!) method of using her senses to find her way around.
    I love how she can't find her way around sometimes. I remember watching the Sewaddle episode and how she wasn't able to lead Ash and Cilan out of the forest as she had planned. I actually laughed out loud at that part since it showed that even she can't always feel in-tuned with nature. It would be interesting if she had to lead Cilan out of the forest again. I bet they'd get lost a few times and Cilan would probably get exhausted, but it would be so cute to have them lost in the middle of nowhere. I can imagine all the possible funny moments, like Cilan screaming when they get chased by some wild Pokemon or something haha.

Was this what you were talking about? ("Lost with the Opposite" by Maymist)
    That's it, yes! Thank you.

I love how she can't find her way around sometimes. I remember watching the Sewaddle episode and how she wasn't able to lead Ash and Cilan out of the forest as she had planned. I actually laughed out loud at that part since it showed that even she can't always feel in-tuned with nature. It would be interesting if she had to lead Cilan out of the forest again. I bet they'd get lost a few times and Cilan would probably get exhausted, but it would be so cute to have them lost in the middle of nowhere. I can imagine all the possible funny moments, like Cilan screaming when they get chased by some wild Pokemon or something haha.
    That's very true. I was thinking mostly about the times when her senses seemed to work, like when they were tracking the wind and when she was able to sense the incoming rain in the Litwick episode. But you're right, it often fails her. :B She even openly admitted in the Cottonee episode that tracking the wind was difficult - oh, where would she be without Cilan to assist her? ;]

And yes. Any excuse to get another one of those epic wails out of Cilan sounds perfectly fine in my book.

Oh, and interesting journal, Tykira. I like how you give some merit to Negaishipping, showing that you were once a fan of that pairing. It makes your argument stronger.

On the topic of their supernatural vs. science disagreements, I REALLY hope the writers plan on continuing that throughout the series, and not just for comic relief. It could pave the way for some serious character development for the two. Learning to accept and consider the others' beliefs could help to make them closer, for sure!

Hmm...I wonder how many of us would be supporting Pod x Iris or Corn x Iris if they joined? I dunno about Corn, but I think Pod x Iris is kind of cute...
    Hmm, brotherly rivals maybe? >:-D Heeheehee!!

Oh, and yeah I think Pod x Iris would be pretty cute, and I don't think I could say no to Corn x Iris either :P

That's it, yes! Thank you.
    You're welcome! ^^

That's very true. I was thinking mostly about the times when her senses seemed to work, like when they were tracking the wind and when she was able to sense the incoming rain in the Litwick episode. But you're right, it often fails her. :B She even openly admitted in the Cottonee episode that tracking the wind was difficult - oh, where would she be without Cilan to assist her? ;]
    XD She'd be lost without Dento....actually I could see her blaming him for getting lost...
    Iris: Your stupid SKEPTISM gets in the way of my Sixth Sense!!
    Dento: u_u Ah! But your so called "sixth sense" is not a real concrete reason...your flavor of the wilderness is merely the instinct you rely on, I have certainly have no blame for such a trivial mistake
    Iris: >_>

And yes. Any excuse to get another one of those epic wails out of Cilan sounds perfectly fine in my book.
    THIS. (it's so awesome if you play it backwards it sounds like a velociraptor or something 8D)

On the topic of their supernatural vs. science disagreements, I REALLY hope the writers plan on continuing that throughout the series, and not just for comic relief. It could pave the way for some serious character development for the two. Learning to accept and consider the others' beliefs could help to make them closer, for sure!
    I really hope they do as well. I remember thinking it'd be just for the museum episode but I'm glad they kept with it. It's humorous and it can lead to some good character development. Who knows? Maybe the writers will weave that into the "Truth vs. Ideals" motif along with "Nature vs. Technology" which would bind Dento and Iris even closer, in a sense

Hmm, brotherly rivals maybe? >:-D Heeheehee!!

Oh, and yeah I think Pod x Iris would be pretty cute, and I don't think I could say no to Corn x Iris either :P

XDDDD Iris x Striaton Trio ftw. If it makes ANYONE feel better if Iris and Dento were to get married they'd be in the same family at least X3 =o but in all seriousness I wouldn't want to see Dento and his brother fight over love...

I'd love to see Cilan fight someone for Iris's love. It's been done in so many other anime series, so why not in Pokemon? Well, they might have to tone things down a bit since love isn't a major part of the Pokemon anime, but maybe Cilan would be secretly fighting for Iris's love without it being implied too heavily? That would be the best move to make IMO. I just think it would be cute if Cilan had to battle some other guy in order to make Iris feel better or something. She could really warm up to him after that, since not many guys would put their pride on the line to help a female.

I'd love to see Cilan fight someone for Iris's love. It's been done in so many other anime series, so why not in Pokemon? Well, they might have to tone things down a bit since love isn't a major part of the Pokemon anime, but maybe Cilan would be secretly fighting for Iris's love without it being implied too heavily? That would be the best move to make IMO. I just think it would be cute if Cilan had to battle some other guy in order to make Iris feel better or something. She could really warm up to him after that, since not many guys would put their pride on the line to help a female.
    But who would he battle? That's the question...not Ash, because he knows Ash and Iris are friends(though seeing Cilan get jealous when someone asks Ash and Iris if they are a couple would be fun). Maybe Shooti, or Trip, whatever.
    "Fire and water don't really mix. You could say they're incompatible. But when they do love each other, they love passionately." - Cornelia Funke, Inkspell.

Current Pokemon ships: FerrisWheel, DualRival, Manga, Wishful.

Where's Rudy when you need him? >:-D I wish he would, but I don't really see who he'd fight =/ Maybe it could even be a COTD that could appear someday. I think that'd be kind of interesting XD Maybe some guy who'd be wildish like Iris is...

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingEevee View Post
    But who would he battle? That's the question...not Ash, because he knows Ash and Iris are friends(though seeing Cilan get jealous when someone asks Ash and Iris if they are a couple would be fun). Maybe Shooti, or Trip, whatever.
    (D'aaaw It's hard to imagine Dento jealous...but I could still see that happening. I remember when he said the two were "quite alike" but I don't think that was an attempt to ship them together apart from what some people think. He did look a little uncomfortable and I think he was poking at their childish behavior when eating. Poor Dento...he must have felt a little bit weird at first in the group.) XD I'd love to see Dento battle Trip for that...but I just can't see it actually happening XD Maybe on a counter for what I said before about a COTD being wild like Iris maybe Dento will get a male Sommelier rival who's sweet on Iris?

XD Geez this ship certainly has a lot of fighting...Iris against every fangirl and Dento against COTD's, Trip, and a bit confusedly jealous of his friend and idol Ash.

Where's Rudy when you need him? >:-D I wish he would, but I don't really see who he'd fight =/ Maybe it could even be a COTD that could appear someday. I think that'd be kind of interesting XD Maybe some guy who'd be wildish like Iris is...
    I couldn't see Cilan fighting Ash, either. I mean, they're friends for starters, and then there's the fact that Ash doesn't seem to see his female companions as anything more than friends. Ash is automatically out of the equation. I would say that Trip would be a good choice, but I doubt that he'll ever battle anyone other than Ash since he's Ash's rival and all. A character of the day would be a better choice. He could be wild like Iris, which would draw her closer to him and then Cilan would start to get annoyed. I didn't see Cilan as being the jealous type at first, but things could definitely change.

Funnily enough, I'd rather see the opposite situation, with Iris fighting for Cilan... and not just because the reversing of traditional gender roles is delicious (it is, just for the record), but because it makes more sense in my head. Cilan is a bit too level-headed to pick fights for personal reasons, whereas Iris can be more hot-headed. I could easily see someone being rude to Cilan and him more or less shrugging it off, but Iris getting upset on his behalf. The one problem with this scenario is that Iris is not the most terrific battler. But on the other hand, that could make it a moment of growth it two ways for her. Both becoming a stronger person and getting closer to Cilan.

...Or she could lose! But he'd still probably appreciate that overzealous want to support him.

Ooo, sounds chivalrous!! =^_^= Cilan can be the knight in shining armor and Iris is the damsel in distress! Ugh, >.< out of character maybe? But NO I can totally imagine it!!! Cilan on one knee, bowing towards his lady as he takes her hand and gazes at her eyes in total admiration. Iris' face would look flushed and embarrassed at Cilan's gaze and then they'd ride on a white stallion horse towards the sunset and live happily ever after!! >///< Hehehe!

Oh, and to answer your question on WHO cilan would fight? I would vote on Tripp! He actually would look like a love rival based on looks alone. Hmm, I wonder how the fangirls would react to see them fight? >.<;;

I couldn't see Cilan fighting Ash, either. I mean, they're friends for starters, and then there's the fact that Ash doesn't seem to see his female companions as anything more than friends. Ash is automatically out of the equation. I would say that Trip would be a good choice, but I doubt that he'll ever battle anyone other than Ash since he's Ash's rival and all. A character of the day would be a better choice. He could be wild like Iris, which would draw her closer to him and then Cilan would start to get annoyed. I didn't see Cilan as being the jealous type at first, but things could definitely change.
    Yeah, though I think Dento fighting Ash would be kind of funny though...

Dento: *It's Fighting Time mode* Ash, we're going to battle right now.
    Ash: What? Right now? OOH! I get it, we're training for my Gym Battle! Geesh Dento, don't look at me like you're going to cook me or something...
    Dento: *facefault* "I forgot....Ash knows as much about love as Pod knows of growing plants..."

Quote Originally Posted by Skiyomi View Post
    Funnily enough, I'd rather see the opposite situation, with Iris fighting for Cilan... and not just because the reversing of traditional gender roles is delicious (it is, just for the record), but because it makes more sense in my head. Cilan is a bit too level-headed to pick fights for personal reasons, whereas Iris can be more hot-headed. I could easily see someone being rude to Cilan and him more or less shrugging it off, but Iris getting upset on his behalf. The one problem with this scenario is that Iris is not the most terrific battler. But on the other hand, that could make it a moment of growth it two ways for her. Both becoming a stronger person and getting closer to Cilan.

...Or she could lose! But he'd still probably appreciate that overzealous want to support him.
    I like this idea too XD Maybe that Lanely girl (in the Dragon Buster episode coming) could crush on Dento, but I don't think that'd happen XD it would be funny/great if that would though.

Ooo, sounds chivalrous!! =^_^= Cilan can be the knight in shining armor and Iris is the damsel in distress! Ugh, >.< out of character maybe? But NO I can totally imagine it!!! Cilan on one knee, bowing towards his lady as he takes her hand and gazes at her eyes in total admiration. Iris' face would look flushed and embarrassed at Cilan's gaze and then they'd ride on a white stallion horse towards the sunset and live happily ever after!! >///< Hehehe!
    OMG. I LOVE THIS X3 better yet...Dento's Mind Theater, MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Oh, and to answer your question on WHO cilan would fight? I would vote on Tripp! He actually would look like a love rival based on looks alone. Hmm, I wonder how the fangirls would react to see them fight? >.<;;
    Cilan, Cilan he's our man, if he can't do it no one can lol with that ringing in my head (again) I honestly wouldn't mind if Gary was his love opponent XDD

There's a water-themed episode coming up from what I can tell. We already got an image showing Ash without a shirt, so I'm guessing that there will be swimming involved. Wouldn't it be neat if Iris and Cilan joined in? Cilan appears to be wearing his normal clothes in the image that we got, but I'd love for him to jump in the water with Iris. That would be so cute. Oh! And maybe Iris could try and convince him to have some fun in the water. That would be cute, too. The episode will still revolve around Ash, but a scene with Iris and Cilan in the water would still be cute, and very much possible.

There's a water-themed episode coming up from what I can tell. We already got an image showing Ash without a shirt, so I'm guessing that there will be swimming involved. Wouldn't it be neat if Iris and Cilan joined in? Cilan appears to be wearing his normal clothes in the image that we got, but I'd love for him to jump in the water with Iris. That would be so cute. Oh! And maybe Iris could try and convince him to have some fun in the water. That would be cute, too. The episode will still revolve around Ash, but a scene with Iris and Cilan in the water would still be cute, and very much possible.
    D'aaaw!! That would be cute. Dento does need to be lax a bit, even though he is a calm person and all, he still seems to be pretty formal. XD Imagine if Dento jumps into the water and gets shocked by a Stunfisk...he does his amazing scream then Iris has to heal him I don't think that will happen but it'd be cute...

Wah! I missed this thread! I went on a haitus of sorts from SPPF. But WELCOME to all the members I've missed welcoming.

Ohh, good job to Kira and pokemaniac for posting so much xD Yay for lots of posts!

Sky, those graphics are gorgeous <3 I love your stuff!

That would be adorable <3 I can so imagine Iris trying to get him to loosen up! ^^

I think it would be funny if Cilan had to fight for Iris's love. xD And if she had to fight with the fangirls for him! XD
    //*☆*Jesus loved the outcasts,
    He loves the ones the world just loves to hate*☆*//

OMG. I LOVE THIS X3 better yet...Dento's Mind Theater, MAKE IT HAPPEN.
    I think whenever Dento's eyes sparkle, his Mind Theater begins!! xD lol Maybe?

And I have this idea in the back of my head. Should I maybe start writing fanfiction? I'm not all that good at writing fancy words and such, but I can definitely write out emotions and character perspectives. If not, maybe I can go for short wishfulshipping comic series or something. I already got three fanart ideas down, but I'm planning ahead for the future. What do you guys think?

@ The 4th KIRA: I can't wait to see the new episode if it involves a WATER theme! I LUUUVVV WATER!!! ^.^ Cilan and Iris swimming and playing together! xD Well, it may not happen in the episode but I have the freedom to dream! (AND draw freakin' fanart about it!!)

Oh, and P.S. I miss Cilan's brothers :-( When are they gonna bring them back? I wanna see Pod and Chili again.

I think whenever Dento's eyes sparkle, his Mind Theater begins!! xD lol Maybe?
    Maybe? I almost thought those bishie Cottonee were all in his mind...you can't HONESTLY say that Iris and Ash saw that giant lit up heart...Now we just need his eyes to sparkle around Iris!!

Speaking of just sparkly things...I would love if one day they show romantic bubbles with Dento looking at Iris X) like a "wow..she's pretty" moment. Or one of Iris with a nosebleed

And I have this idea in the back of my head. Should I maybe start writing fanfiction? I'm not all that good at writing fancy words and such, but I can definitely write out emotions and character perspectives. If not, maybe I can go for short wishfulshipping comic series or something. I already got three fanart ideas down, but I'm planning ahead for the future. What do you guys think?
    Go for it!! If you don't think you can write a fanfiction well you should make a comic series! That'd be adorable

Oh, and P.S. I miss Cilan's brothers :-( When are they gonna bring them back? I wanna see Pod and Chili again.
    Yeah I do too I wish we knew more about them..and I hope they appear sometime in the near future...Heck, I wouldn't mind a special someday with the Cilantrio plus Iris *shot* (this is where they could fight over her btw @_@ oh dear...now I'm thinking of the Ouran twins and that darn sock puppet! >.<)

Page 19 of 170 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast