Page 2 of 170 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Wishfulshipping (Cilan x Iris) General Discussion - SPOILER WARNING

Yeah, you're right. The ones I listed aren't that popular. A mainstream should be unique.

I have two more suggestions:

MaybellineShipping

Dento's three little spikes and Iris' Godzilla-hair must certainly need some serious hair styling.
    I like the idea of CordShipping, as pisces is joined by a string, but to my knowledge that's being suggested for Cheren/Bel...

Or

DisharmonyShipping

Considering their conflicting outfits and personalities, as well as the talk of Pokemon Musicals, I think this fits.

we could go with VeeheroShipping cuz it's Gen 5 and you all know that 5 = V in roman numerals and Iris and Dento will be the heros of this gen in the anime so we should use VeeheroShipping

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeX View Post
    Not meaning to sound like an ***, but we have CrypticShipping, and CryptShipping, OreoShipping and OreShipping, and Battleshipping and Battlershipping, so I don't exactly see what the problem is...
    If the words are similar, yet completely their own, it's not an issue. That's why all of those are fine.

Which is why Diametrical and Antipode should also be fine.
    Yaoi is a genre of homosexuality, not a synonym for it!
    Get it right.
    Hidden Leaf - Natane || Hayato - Wing Master || Phantom Menace - Matsuba || Renbu - Holy Knight

shipping tumblr / Shippers Record Keeper of BMGf / Massive Collection of Unnamed 'Ships

Wishfulshipping is nice because it's simple... but these two seem like they'd have such a strong personality clash that it's a shame to use something so generic for them.

I'm going to be a big musical nerd right now and say that Accustomedshipping is what came to my mind.

Because I love the musical My Fair Lady, and after Tarzan it was the first thing I thought of. Sort of hyper-civilized man meets wild, free-spirited girl.

Plus I could totally see Dento singing about how he's "Grown Accustomed to [Iris's] Face" in his very best Rex Harrison impression.

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeX
    DisharmonyShipping
    Dude can we just scrap all talk of names and have this one? Or Accustomedshipping?

Wishfulshipping is now becoming the likely name for Ash x Iris x Dento. All puns intended I wish people would make their mind up on this.

So long, best friend; Bryony Sarah White: 28/6/87 - 29/6/13
    Ships I've NamedTwitter

Ya let's go with disharmonyshipping and we can use Veeheroshipping for Ash & Dento

Ha ha, much as I would love to we've gotta consider all angles. By all angles, elsewhere in the Pokeworld on the internets.

Wishfulshipping's getting a strong fanbase for the pair over at BMGf, so as much as there is talk of it being for the threesome we cannot rule it out completely; it gets place over it being a potential name for the pair above the poly. Disharmonyshipping's getting some praise here then back on BMGf Paradeshipping's now standing out a little. Greystokeshipping's died down.

Ships I've NamedTwitter

I'm honestly thinking we could wait a month on this one, or however long it takes for Dento and Iris to meet. The suggestions are on different sides of the spectrum; Parade is as far from Disharmony as both are from Wishful.
    Get it right.
    Hidden Leaf - Natane || Hayato - Wing Master || Phantom Menace - Matsuba || Renbu - Holy Knight

shipping tumblr / Shippers Record Keeper of BMGf / Massive Collection of Unnamed 'Ships

Here are a few ideas:

-Followshipping (Assumes Dento's waiter skills means he'll be a cook like Brock and not a rival, causing him and Iris to follow Ash's travels)
    -Funkyhairshipping (Gee I wonder why)
    -Smugshipping (Dento looks smug in the still frame and he's likely to get *insert official English name for Smugleaf here*
    Last edited by Suave Squirtle; 4th August 2010 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toran Frostbite
    I'm honestly thinking we could wait a month on this one, or however long it takes for Dento and Iris to meet. The suggestions are on different sides of the spectrum; Parade is as far from Disharmony as both are from Wishful.
    I agree. It's not like how it was for Negai; with the exception of Kuipershipping just about every suggestion going had something to do with wishing or wishes or variations of best wishes/good luck.

At the moment though it's definitely the three way tie... which could change this time tomorrow. But you know that as well as I do.

Got a rough idea on when we are going to stop taking suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Suave Squirtle
    Here are a few ideas:

-Followshipping (Assumes Dento's waiter skills means he'll be a cook like Brock and not a rival, causing him and Iris to follow Ash's travels)
    -Funkyhairshipping (Gee I wonder why)
    -Smugshipping (Dento looks smug in the still frame and he's likely to get *insert official English name for Smugleaf here*
    The only one that won't be considered is Funkyhairshipping; there's been too many names submitted recently with the word hair in and from that using that word in names has been culled, you could say.

Going by your logic perhaps keep Smugshipping for Dento x Tsutarja? /nuked

Ships I've NamedTwitter

Quote Originally Posted by Vycksta View Post
    I agree. It's not like how it was for Negai; with the exception of Kuipershipping just about every suggestion going had something to do with wishing or wishes or variations of best wishes/good luck.

At the moment though it's definitely the three way tie... which could change this time tomorrow. But you know that as well as I do.

Got a rough idea on when we are going to stop taking suggestions?
    About when people start making more "Oh, I really like this suggestion!" and less, "Well, what about this name?" If at least two other people than the suggester like it, chances are, so will others.

The only one that won't be considered is Funkyhairshipping; there's been too many names submitted recently with the word hair in and from that using that word in names has been culled, you could say.
    Expanding on this, Hair's not so much "banned," as it just show's way too much desperation that people have to find some sort of comparison in hairstyles that look nothing alike.

Now see, if it was Iris/Exeggutor, a hair related name would make sense. I smell palm trees! PalmPomshipping, anyone? Y/Y?

If it was Dento/Jackson or Dento/Elm...or Dento/Elm/Jackson, with the whole short-crop hair and that...floof at the top of their heads, something hair related would make sense.

Iris, Dento, strange hairstyles...which is something half the fandom possesses. EVERYONE'S HAIR IS WEIRD or strange or unnatural. Let's move past that. You will feel so much better.
    Get it right.

As I already said on bulbagarden CultureClash seems accurate to me but it's long so... =x

I personally like Disharmonyshipping, especially if Dento does end up doing the musicals. No, wait, scratch like. More like I find it trucking awesome and made of win and GalladeX should feel very proud for thinking of a name of win.

Okay, guise, I think we have enough names for now. Out of what we have which two or three are your favourites?

Ships I've NamedTwitter

Well, I still gotta admit a fondness for Accustomedshipping, but that's not a surprise since I thought of it so I should probably just shut up right now. 'Cause of the musical element and well... mostly because comparing the pairing to My Fair Lady made me like it a lot more :P

But that said, I think the best option so far is Disharmonyshipping because it sounds cool. In fact, it sounds so cool it's almost surprising it's not already in use o.O;. It'd work great for a personality clash and the possible musicals.

...But we might be asking to be hit with the irony mallet on the chance that it turns out that these two get along in perfect harmony.

I like ParadeShipping the most ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Vycksta View Post
    I personally like Disharmonyshipping, especially if Dento does end up doing the musicals. No, wait, scratch like. More like I find it trucking awesome and made of win and GalladeX should feel very proud for thinking of a name of win.

Okay, guise, I think we have enough names for now. Out of what we have which two or three are your favourites?
    Ohohoho, merci beacoup, Vycksta~
    For the poll choices? I'd like Disharmony (/obvious) and Accustomed, and CultureClash if we need a third option.

Accustomed rings a fine bell in my ear, even though I doubt Dento's gonna get all, "Ew, nature," on her (he seems better than that)--

...Oh, /damn/. Why didn't I think of this sooner. Grapeshipping.

Grapes on vines, grapes in wines.

Overall, these were the names that were seconded:

Disharmonyshipping
    Accustomedshipping
    Musicalshipping
    Wishfulshipping
    Greystokeshipping
    CultureClashshipping
    Paradeshipping
    Flourishshipping
    Kiteshipping
    Trumpetshipping
    Idenshipping
    Last edited by Toran Frostbite; 7th August 2010 at 12:15 AM.
    Get it right.

And I literally just suggested Grapeshipping for Wally/Anabel 5 minutes ago. XD
    x_O

Anyway, when will the poll be up?
    And should it be held on a different site, since we had people cheating last time?

maybe

wildtieshipping

haircutshipping

hairtieshipping

wildsmartshipping

fineshipping

simphonyshipping

bestwishshipping

Dragon Ball Forever!!

Pearlshipping Forever!!

Misty may have gave him a lure
    May may have gave him a ribbon
    But Dawn gave him her heart

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Hmm...I like Grapeshipping! lol (I don't come onto these threads very often but I wanted to contribute )
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeX View Post
    And I literally just suggested Grapeshipping for Wally/Anabel 5 minutes ago. XD
    x_O

Anyway, when will the poll be up?
    And should it be held on a different site, since we had people cheating last time?
    ^^; I would suggest Frailshipping for them, but that seems a little...bias, if I did, now. *guess we were on the same wavelength or something*

As long as the choices are, at max, nine, there is a poll site we can use that makes it pretty hard to cheat. Smaller numbers would certainly help. *the answer limit really sucks, but it seems good*
    Get it right.

For reasons already mentioned I have got to third/fourth/fifth/whatever we are on Disharmonyshipping. It's the name that fits the most and regardless of whether Iris and Dento get on, their differences in personality and potential hobbies will still give the name realism.

On that note I also am fond of CultureClashshipping.
    I SUPPORT PEARLSHIPPING!
    It really was third time lucky for Ash!

Wishfulshipping
    VeeheroShipping
    CultureClashshipping
    Paradeshipping
    Greystokeshipping

deseoshipping

Dragon Ball Forever!!

Pearlshipping Forever!!

Misty may have gave him a lure
    May may have gave him a ribbon
    But Dawn gave him her heart

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Quote Originally Posted by UDI
    deseoshipping
    Can you explain your reasoning behind the name? I'm drawing blanks.

Ships I've NamedTwitter

Page 2 of 170 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast