Page 3 of 170 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Wishfulshipping (Cilan x Iris) General Discussion - SPOILER WARNING

Mintoreoshipping.

But really, I think something related to Black&White, like Monochromeshipping.

IIRC Monochromeshipping is the placeholder name for Black-kun x Four-chan x N, therefore is kinda sorta out of contention.

So long, best friend; Bryony Sarah White: 28/6/87 - 29/6/13
    Ships I've NamedTwitter

I think the reasoning behind Deseoshipping is as simple as, "they might desire one another."
    Yaoi is a genre of homosexuality, not a synonym for it!
    Get it right.
    Hidden Leaf - Natane || Hayato - Wing Master || Phantom Menace - Matsuba || Renbu - Holy Knight

shipping tumblr / Shippers Record Keeper of BMGf / Massive Collection of Unnamed 'Ships

Ah, deseo means desire in another language! Now it makes sense. I honestly thought it was made up somehow.

/really should Google more

Ships I've NamedTwitter

I like MontgomeryShipping to reflect the fact that the two will probably be complete opposites (Iris being a jungle girl, Dento a city boy).

The name "Montgomery" comes from the TV series "Dharma and Greg" (which aired on ABC between 1997-2002). The titular characters were a married couple, and their last name happened to be Montgomery. Like Iris and Dento, Dharma and Greg are complete opposites.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dharma_%26_Greg for more info on the series

I also like MidnightTrainShipping after the song "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey, which features the lyrics "(s)he took the midnight train going anywhere". The two protagonists of the song are a "small-town girl living in a lonely world" and a "city boy born and raised in South Detroit". These character descriptions are parallel to the origins of Iris and Dento.

I also like PygmalionShipping as a reference to Pygmalion, a play by George Bernard Shaw (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pygmalion_%28play%29) which later became the musical "My Fair Lady", which became a highly successful film that later won several Academy Awards (including Best Picture).
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 10th August 2010 at 3:12 AM.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Can I say that we're getting some absolutely fantastic name suggestions for this pair? Yours are no exception. Way to blow things wide open. xD

Ships I've NamedTwitter

once the Isshu era starts, I'm thinking about writing an IrisXDento fanfic. It would be like Meet the Parents, but with a twist.
    -----

I also like PygmalionShipping as a reference to Pygmalion, a play by George Bernard Shaw (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pygmalion_%28play%29) which later became the musical "My Fair Lady", which became a highly successful film that later won several Academy Awards (including Best Picture).
    MIND LINK. I was thinking the same thing with Accustomedshipping. I think Pygmalionshipping sounds cool... but it might evoke too much of the 'transformation' aspect of the play/musical. Can't say how likely it is that Dento would try + succeed in changing Iris at this point.

Wow you guys coming up with great names.I mostly not watch Best Wishes much.I watch the first three episodes but that it.But I likeMontgomeryShipping or Pygmalionshipping.Great names guys.I need a name now.

Banner made by Skiyomi

Alright, I think I better slap a curb on the name suggestions otherwise we'll have a billion and it'll cause brainbreakage all around.

From here, BMGf and LJ, although the latter is used loosely, all these names have been seconded at least once;

Accustomedshipping
    CultureClashshipping
    Disharmonyshipping
    Flourishshipping
    Greystokeshipping
    Kiteshipping
    Montgomeryshipping
    Musicalshipping
    Paradeshipping
    Pygmalionshipping
    Trumpetshipping
    Wishfulshipping

So again, I ask. Out of these twelve, which two or three do you like the most? At the end of the day a poll with 12 options is too much.

Ships I've NamedTwitter

Let's remove Kite. Zel snagged it today for something, and I'm pretty sure it won't end up the winner.
    Get it right.
    Hidden Leaf - Natane || Hayato - Wing Master || Phantom Menace - Matsuba || Renbu - Holy Knight

shipping tumblr / Shippers Record Keeper of BMGf / Massive Collection of Unnamed 'Ships

Quote Originally Posted by Vycksta View Post
    Alright, I think I better slap a curb on the name suggestions otherwise we'll have a billion and it'll cause brainbreakage all around.

From here, BMGf and LJ, although the latter is used loosely, all these names have been seconded at least once;

Accustomedshipping
    CultureClashshipping
    Disharmonyshipping
    Flourishshipping
    Greystokeshipping
    Kiteshipping
    Montgomeryshipping
    Musicalshipping
    Paradeshipping
    Pygmalionshipping
    Trumpetshipping
    Wishfulshipping

So again, I ask. Out of these twelve, which two or three do you like the most? At the end of the day a poll with 12 options is too much.
    Hmmm, out of those I like:

WishfulShipping
    CultureClashShipping
    MusicalShipping

Best Wishes Reviewer
    BW001 | BW002 | BW003 | BW004 | BW005

Disharmony shipping, CultureClash shipping, and Parade shipping all sound good to me. ^^

i dont know im confused called it parada shipping
    Smashing pumpkins rock!
    Only crazy people make history
    _-_-_-_-_-=0.0= -_-_-_-_-_
    banneh

I vote Montgomorey or disharmony!

I, personally, like Disharmony, CultureClash, and Wishful the best.

EDIT: Actually I'd like to replace CultureClash with Accustomed. I think it sounds better.

No matter what ends up the winner, I'm always going to refer to this shipping under the three names I suggested. And stay tuned for my "inversed Meet the Parents" IrisXDento fanfic either later this year, or next year, depending on certain factors.
    -----

I can tell I'm gonna like Iris and Dento's ship already lol. Let's see, out of the 12 or so options, the ones I really like are CultureClashshipping, Musicalshipping, and Paradeshipping. The first one strikes home to me since it's obviously a reference to how totally different Iris is from Dento. The second is something I just thought was obvious since I have a feeling both will play a role in Pokemon Musicals. The third name just sounds cool to me, like something festive and Iris and Dento look festive so those are my choices ^_^
    Last edited by Lorde; 11th August 2010 at 4:23 AM.

I say we use Wishfulshipping

Unofficial tallying is a-go~

Accustomedshipping - 1
    CultureClashshipping - 4
    Disharmonyshipping - 4
    Flourishshipping
    Greystokeshipping
    Montgomeryshipping - 2
    Musicalshipping - 2
    Paradeshipping - 3
    Pygmalionshipping - 1
    Trumpetshipping
    Wishfulshipping - 3

Removed Kiteshipping from the list/poll/thingy/nuke/whatever you want to call it.

My votes are for Disharmonyshipping and CultureClashshipping, for reasons I and others have already mentioned. The former I seriously love more than the latter but if the latter ended up being the name I wouldn't be bothered at all.

Toraphi, got any idea on when the official poll will go up?

Ships I've NamedTwitter

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    No matter what ends up the winner, I'm always going to refer to this shipping under the three names I suggested.
    That's rather egotistical, not to mention confusing. What would you do, alternate?

I'm throwing my lot in with Accustom(ed). Disharmony doesn't make sense because they'll eventually come into harmony, if they don't already from the start. Adaptation is more what they're going to go through, if any sort of discord even happens (an episode that showcases something like Dento getting flustered that she's not acting at all like a lady, that will be a filler episode and never crop up again), but by the end of the day, they'll still be friends.

Disharmony sounds more fitting for a rival shipping.

Musical would work, except the majority would jump to the Pokémon Musical bit before stage musicals.

EDIT: Ah, as soon as we get an obvious preference. A choice of five or six should allow for a wider range of what people would want.
    Last edited by Toran Frostbite; 11th August 2010 at 4:36 AM.
    Get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Toran Frostbite View Post
    That's rather egotistical, not to mention confusing. What would you do, alternate?

I'm throwing my lot in with Accustom(ed). Disharmony doesn't make sense because they'll eventually come into harmony, if they don't already from the start. Adaptation is more what they're going to go through, if any sort of discord even happens (an episode that showcases something like Dento getting flustered that she's not acting at all like a lady, that will be a filler episode and never crop up again), but by the end of the day, they'll still be friends.

Disharmony sounds more fitting for a rival shipping.

Musical would work, except the majority would jump to the Pokémon Musical bit before stage musicals.

EDIT: Ah, as soon as we get an obvious preference. A choice of five or six should allow for a wider range of what people would want.
    I don't mean to come across as egotistical...

Anyway, what role do you think Ash will play in getting the two together? Will he be their "Brock?"
    -----

Accustomedshipping - 2
    CultureClashshipping - 4
    Disharmonyshipping - 4
    Flourishshipping
    Greystokeshipping
    Montgomeryshipping - 2
    Musicalshipping - 2
    Paradeshipping - 3
    Pygmalionshipping - 1
    Trumpetshipping
    Wishfulshipping - 3

I like keeping tallys. 8)

@ Toraphi: Alrighty. I think what I'll do here is keep this unofficial poll up for a week or so then the top three/four can count towards the official poll, if that's alright with you. At the end of the day it seems like SPPf/BMGf are the only sites/forums caring about the ship to get it named and LJ still wants Wishfulshipping for the Ash x Iris x Dento threesome, even if the calls are low.

Ships I've NamedTwitter

At the end of the day it seems like SPPf/BMGf are the only sites/forums caring about the ship to get it named
    But remember, SPPf and BMGf are very influential on the Pokemon community. I'm sure that whatever gets picked will be used throughout the internet.
    -----

@ Toraphi: Alrighty. I think what I'll do here is keep this unofficial poll up for a week or so then the top three/four can count towards the official poll, if that's alright with you. At the end of the day it seems like SPPf/BMGf are the only sites/forums caring about the ship to get it named and LJ still wants Wishfulshipping for the Ash x Iris x Dento threesome, even if the calls are low.
    Works for me. I just put up a general poll, so when you close here, hopefully there will be some results there.
    Get it right.

Page 3 of 170 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast