Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 4th Generation Monotype Challenge

Been a while since i up-dated my poison montype on pearl.
    i am now attempting the Elite4 and now my team is looking now like this:

Thorn the Roserade lvl55
    - Giga Drain
    - Toxic Spikes
    - HP(Fighting)
    - Shadow Ball

Wings the Crobat lvl55
    - Aerial Ace
    - Roost
    - U-turn
    - Cross Poison

Toad the Toxicroak lvl55
    - Faint Attack
    - Brick Break
    - Poison Jab
    - Stone Edge

Scraps the Drapion lvl55
    - EQ
    - Thunder Fang
    - Ice Fang
    - Crunch

Wraps the Tentacruel lvl55
    - Surf
    - Giga Drain
    - Ice Beam
    - Wring Out

Edit: just bet the E4 which was surprisingly easy and now to go get a Nidoran(m) and to evolve it in to Nidoking to complete my team. Time: 70:07, i did a lot of berry growing and i had to breed to get the right nature for Toad and Scraps
    Last edited by Corbulo; 28th September 2010 at 1:10 AM. Reason: up-dating post
    Diamond Scramble Challenge
    Pimplup, Denub, X-wing, Cobalt, Medipunch, Claws
    Completed

White 2 FC: 2753 0200 3566

I'm thinking of starting a challenge for either Bug, Flying, Ground, Water or Normal in HeartGold. I may start off with a Bug team of the following:

Heracross
    Yanmega
    Forretress
    Venomoth
    Parasect
    Pinsir

hmm,mayb i'll do Water on my HG & Flying on Diamond
    I am the Kingdom of Norway in the Hetalia Fan Club

Spoiler:- Credit:

The Boston Tea Party-Hetalia Style
    Originally posted by mariobrosvswariobros
    I think it would be chibi America dumping tea down the toilet
    Originally posted by TeamRocketGrunt
    Yeah, he'd be all like "Why are you dumping my prized tea?! My mumsie always-" and then America would carry on. Hahahahaha!

I've decided to go along with my aforementioned Bug Monotype challenge, except I'll drop Pinsir and Parasect and use Croconaw and Skarmory as HM Slaves instead.

I'm doing a Steel monotype on Platinum.

I chose Piplup as my starter. I got through to Roark with few difficulties and, Piplup being my only Pokémon, I managed to evolve it in time for Roark. I think from memory it was actually L17.
    I had to have a few attempts against Gardenia. I could have caught my Bronzor first, which would have helped so much, but I didn't realise it was available before Cycling Road, plus I originally planned to have Empoleon, Lucario, Magnezone and Scizor plus 2 HM slaves. I've now changed my mind and I will have Bronzong as well.
    Anyway, against Gardenia, Prinplup was like L30, and I still had to use my X Attack and X Sp. Def. to win. I just managed a KO. I want to destroy Cherrim's Leech Seed though.
    So now I'm training up Bronzor, ready for Cycling Road.

Prinplup L33
    -Bubblebeam
    -Brine
    -Metal Claw
    -Fury Swipes

Bronzor L14
    -Confusion
    -Imprison
    -Hypnosis
    -Confuse Ray
    I'm a deranged Yoshi...

I started a Ice Ghost type challenge, and have just beaten Roark. Gonna go to Gardenia later tonight.

Lapras Lv12
    Smoochum Lv10
    Glaceon Lv11
    Shuppet Lv10
    Duskull Lv10
    Spiritomb Lv10
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

My Ice/Ghost monotype Platinum file is going well, no major bumps yet. I've got 6 badges now, and going to Snowpoint City soon.

Jynx level 40
    Glaceon level 40
    Lapras level 40
    Banette level 40
    Dusknoir level 40
    Spiritomb level 40

Gardenia: Glaceon + Icy Wind = death
    Fantina: Spiritomb + Ominous Wind = death
    Maylene: Duskull/Shuppet + WOW = death
    Wake: Jynx + Nasty Plot + X Speed = death
    Byron: Dusknoir + Fire Punch + WOW = death
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Scrap that, I instead realized that I'm already doing a grass type monotype challenge on Pearl. So, I'm gonna stick with that.
    Last edited by Armando Payne; 9th February 2011 at 11:51 AM.

I've never done a Monotype Challenge in 4th Generation before, so I decided to do Water-type on my Platinum.

So far:
    Bonaparte the Piplup - Lv. 9
    Jefferson the Bidoof - Lv. 7

Just arrived in Jubilife.

Unfortunately it'll just be these two for a while, until I pick up a Psyduck. After that, Buizel and Shellos are possibilities.

I'll pick a Steel Run. Youtube, here I go! I can trade with DPHGSS.

Planned Team:

Piplup
    Bronzor
    Onix
    Nosepass
    Riolu
    HM Slave
    Last edited by PokemonOwn; 19th February 2011 at 4:33 PM.

Hi, I'm Lewis and I do Smash Bros and Nintendo Content for YouTube! UK Melee/Project M/Smash 4 Player.

Speedruns:

Spoiler:- ILs (Individual Levels):

Got significantly further. Haven't had significant problems yet, but Gardenia will probably be agonizingly tough. I'm in Floaroma now, having got my first badge. My team:
    Catherine the Psyduck - Lv. 15
    Bonaparte the Piplup - Lv. 15
    Ferdinand the Shellos - Lv. 10
    Jefferson the Bibarel - Lv. 15

Lucked into finding a Shiny Shellos. Holy crap I have never before encountered a shiny in any 4th generation game. Unfortunately, it had lousy stats compared to Ferdinand.
    Haven't seen a Buizel yet, gonna get on that ASAP.

Ohhhhh, yes, Eterna Forest is the best training ground. Apart from Wayward Cave and Iron Island, of course. Let's backtrack a little. Got a Buizel around the Windworks, and tried to take down Mars with the newly evolved Bonaparte the Prinplup, but Bonaparte had NOTHING that could hit Purugly for much damage, so he was KO'd. But Jefferson came through with Rock Smash, finally showing me that stupid beaver had some redeeming value. Which it continued to prove along the way to Eterna.

Catherine the Psyduck - Lv. 18 (Confusion/Water Gun/Scratch/Tail Whip)
    Astor the Buizel - Lv. 20 (Swift/Quick Attack/Pursuit/Water Gun)
    Jefferson the Bibarel - Lv. 18 (Headbutt/Rollout/Water Gun/Rock Smash)
    Bonaparte the Prinplup - Lv. 20 (Pound/Metal Claw/Bubblebeam/Pluck)
    Ferdinand the Shellos - Lv. 16 (Mud Bomb/Mud Sport/Hidden Power/Water Pulse)

Biggest priorities are picking up Remoraid and Wooper as soon as possible. I'll probably ditch Shellos, although Gastrodon is really good, because Quagsire is one of my all-time favorites. As is Octillery, so obviously they must be on the crew. Frankly, Bonaparte isn't performing up to expectation, but I don't have anything to fill the void that would be left by his absence at the moment. Catherine and Astor are probably with me until the end, and Jefferson will continue to get play as an HM Slave/heal staller long after his battle use is over.

Im just restarting my HG from a failed Nuzlocke challenge. So I decided to do a bug type monotype challenge. YAY! So anyways, I will post updates here about everyday as long as I did something. ^.^ Until tommerow, good bye!
    ~Dragonflypokemon,Or DFP for short~
    I play TCG and the games, as well as the online versions of both. Hit me up for a battle sometime
    I'm not a very good battler, I'm mainly here to have fun
    ~Yanmegas claimed by me.~

Changed the bug type to a grass type. I started my game and traded my pokemon for a tropius, a lotad, and a Shroomish. Beat the first gym, evoled my lotad, and cought a bellsprout. Im now in Slowpoke well.
    I play TCG and the games, as well as the online versions of both. Hit me up for a battle sometime

Okay, so Gardenia proved agonizingly tough. I was forced to power-level Astor the Buizel and Bonaparte the Prinplup, AND semi-cheat. What I did was catch a Bronzor and use it as a heal wall, allowing me to Super Potion Bonaparte while Roserade hammered away at Bronzor. I knocked out Turtwig with one Pluck, switched to Buizel and Swift'd Cherrim to death, then put up Bronzor and healed Bonaparte. After Bronzor fainted, two Plucks was all it took, as with the leveling, the Prinplup survived a Grass Knot. I dodged most trainers, thinking ahead to when I'd need them to level up future captures, and got to Hearthome, where I set down the game for a few days.

Bonaparte the Prinplup - Lv. 28 - Cut/Metal Claw/Bubblebeam/Pluck
    Doing pretty well, but needs a stronger water move badly.
    Astor the Floatzel - Lv. 26 - Swift/Aqua Jet/Water Gun/Crunch
    Godly. Will probably solo Fantina with Crunch.
    Catherine the Psyduck - Lv. 23 - Confusion/Scratch/Tail Whip/Water Pulse
    Disappointing, but I have faith she'll get better
    Jefferson the Bibarel - Lv. 21 - Headbutt/Rollout/Water Gun/Rock Smash
    Needs a better water move, but doesn't have access to any yet.
    Ferdinand the Shellos - Lv. 16 - Mud Bomb/Mud Sport/Hidden Power/Water Pulse
    dumping for Wooper ASAP. Its attacks hit with the force of a quadriplegic baby.

Traded in the gasme the stones I needed to evolve mmy pokemon. So now I have a ludicolo and a new bellosum.Im right now looking for a sunkern before challenging whitny

Ajax the tropiuslv 21-Solo'd bugsy

Sanchez the ludicoloLv18-Amazing

Pothead the Shroomshlv16-Meh. I need to evolve it

Chris the bellsproutlv17- Its attack is so high. I taught it swords dance with adament nature

Danielle the bellosum lv21-Havent really used it yet outside of oddish.

If I were to do a mono fighting run, is it okay if I start with Chimchar? This sounds like a fun challenge to take part in. The only rule I don't like is not being able to use more than one of the same TM. Raising Meditite is hell without brick break. Machop more than likely benefits from BB too. I would have liked to breed close combat onto Machop as well. The rule about TM's doesn't seem to add any sort of challenge and serves as an annoyance instead.

This could be a fun way to use Pokemon I haven't used before (like Toxicroak).
    Last edited by Bad Dreams; 28th February 2011 at 3:32 AM.

This sounds like quite a bit of fun so I think I'll try my luck at an electric run in Platinum. I'll start later tonight after i trade over my pokemon to diamond, and will post all updates here
    Hopefully I will be able to finish before black and white come out.

What do you know, I started a monotype grass run of Platinum yesterday for the lulz. Team so far is Grotle and Budew.

Will do a monotype dragon challenge to defeat the battle frontier on platinum.

Eeveelover824 made this awesome banner

I am back to Pokémon/Serebiiforums. If you had any business with me before my long time outside Serebiiforums, let me know by a Private Message

Now going to start a Flying mono on Platinum xx

I know this thread hasn't seen much action recently, but I'm posting to tell you about my Steel mono-type on Platinum which I have just started. I have a Prinplup (called Trident), an Onix (named Scythe) and a Bronzor (known as Plata) and I just won a mammoth battle against Gardenia, in which I relied on Plata so much. I took on Turtwig with Trident and set off by spamming Peck, even after Reflect. I got Turtwig down to red health, before Gardenia healed and then I did it again, but Turtwig killed me with Grass Knot just I was about to launch the killer Peck. Plata stepped in and finished off Turtwig with Confusion. I switched to Scythe, hoping to get just one attack in against Cherrim, but Magical Leaf obviously killed him. I switched back to Plata, but frustratingly, Cherrim used Safeguard as I was using Hypnosis. -.- So, I set off spamming Extrasensory, as she spammed Grass Knot. Ultimately, I won, but only after Gardenia had healed Cherrim. I was also continually healing Plata, btw. So, on to Roserade and I started off by using Hypnosis and Confuse Ray. However, I could only get in one Extrasensory, before Roserade woke up and snapped out of confusion! Angry, I healed and put Roserade to sleep and confusion again and used two more Extrasensorys to give me a very relieved win!
    My team

Trident - Prinplup Lv22
    Bashful Male
    Pound
    Metal Claw
    Bubblebeam
    Peck

Scythe - Onix Lv22
    Brave Male
    Sandstorm
    Rock Smash
    Rock Throw
    Screech

Plata - Bronzor Lv23
    Bold
    Confusion
    Hypnosis
    Extrasensory
    Confuse Ray

Well, I'll update when appropriate. I hope you enjoyed reading this!
    The Five Region Challenge

Spoiler:- Regions:

I'm going to do grass!

Team I hope to have eventually

Torterra
    Roserade
    Cherrim
    Abomasnow
    Leafeon
    Tangrowth* or Carnivine
    FireRed:| Chris Lvl. 13 | Primetime Lvl. 10 | Majesty Lvl. 11 |Foust Lvl. 10 |Ryan Lvl. 10 | Zack Lvl. 8|

Thinking about doing a flying monotype on HG

Pidgeot
    Gyrados
    Butterfree
    Dragonite
    Crobat
    Yanmega

This sound good?

or grass

Meganium
    Jumpluff
    Victreebel
    Bellosom
    Parasect
    Vileplume
    Last edited by poke-lord; 28th March 2011 at 8:43 AM.

Anyway, restarted my Platinum beacause Steel was too annoying. I started a Fighting Type Mono, and this is my team:

Monferno - 15
    Machop - 15

Just finished the Oreburgh Gym. Team is in the signature.

Hi, I'm Lewis and I do Smash Bros and Nintendo Content for YouTube! UK Melee/Project M/Smash 4 Player.

Speedruns:

Spoiler:- ILs (Individual Levels):

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast