Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Familiarity Breeds Strategy! (654)

Was it? damn stream was crashing in that part and i though it was self powered im still happy it owned him ofc.

Well i saw Aggron as a powercheck and tank to start the match, he was more of a scouting tank pokemon then anything and it took a 2x efective attack and a 4x efective attack to take him down i think he went well it wasnt a bad loss.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 5th August 2010 at 1:07 PM.

I was happy to see Mamoswine battling Gliscor. Mamoswine loves to fight Vs. Ash's pokemon.

I loved the battle, Pikachu and Infernape were awesome though Pikachu and Staraptor don't have a win yet.

so far we know the following matchups:

Ash:

Pikachu v Aggron, Froslass
    Infernape v Aggron, Gastrodon, ?? (seen in next episode preview)
    Torterra v Drapion
    Buizel v Gastrodon, Drapion
    Gliscor v Ninjask, Drapion
    Staraptor v Gastrodon, ?? (seen in next episode preview)
    ???? v Electivire (not been seen yet)

Can we not discuss the future eps here please. Focus discussion on this one.

Thanks

So let me get this straight. So far Ash is winning by 2-0 with Buizel and Inferape each with 1 win. Pikachu and Staraptor have been used but recalled, and the ending showing that Buizel is gonna be beaten by Drapion. Any idea if Reggie said he was sending a secret weapon to Paul on phone when Dawn was listening?

Wait, PAUL used Counter-shield?? I bet that was a shock to Ash!

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Was it? damn stream was crashing in that part and i though it was self powered im still happy it owned him ofc.

Well i saw Aggron as a powercheck and tank to start the match, he was more of a scouting tank pokemon then anything and it took a 2x efective attack and a 4x efective attack to take him down i think he went well it wasnt a bad loss.
    Aggron got burned as well, how that for irony! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Misty Lover17 View Post
    I was happy to see Mamoswine battling Gliscor. Mamoswine loves to fight Vs. Ash's pokemon.

I loved the battle, Pikachu and Infernape were awesome though Pikachu and Staraptor don't have a win yet.
    I wanna see Mamoswine vs. Torterra with both of them doing their swallowing techniques. The battles are intense no doubt about it, although I found Buizel's win against Gastrodon a bit fast. Nothing really hurt Gastrodon besides those two moves. But then again, that Ice Punch to the gut was awesome and quick thinking on Ash' part.

Ash finished the first two of Paul's pokemon with Mach Punch and Ice Punch, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Cazak View Post
    So let me get this straight. So far Ash is winning by 2-0 with Buizel and Inferape each with 1 win. Pikachu and Staraptor have been used but recalled, and the ending showing that Buizel is gonna be beaten by Drapion. Any idea if Reggie said he was sending a secret weapon to Paul on phone when Dawn was listening?
    Yes. Preview tells us that Buizel isn't done for yet immediatly though.

I was wondering about that phonecall as well. I heard the name Dodaitose, so I think they were having a strategic meeting and Dawn heard that he wasn't using his main team. Which leads Dawn to ask him why, if he doesn't trust them or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by pokefandt View Post
    Wait, PAUL used Counter-shield?? I bet that was a shock to Ash!
    It was. Here I was sitting with my mouth open, hoping that Ash would remember that Fantina used 'Counter-counter-shield'... But he didn't and went in for an Aerial Ace... Dumb Ash, falling into his own traps... Though the way Paul told Gastrodon to wait for the moment to jump of Staraptor was priceless, and I think that was Storm Drain in action, or just gravity for that matter. And then Ash had an epifany and let Staraptor use Close Combat on the ground, which was awesome and suspenseful!

Paul's new pokemon are not disappointing me so far. Aggron kinda did though, but he isn't new, since we saw him being 1HKO'd by Regice as a Lairon.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Episode pics are up on Serebii

Gliscor sure looks like has gotten bigger...I wonder if they test Pokemon before they battle.

It's official, the Sinnoh league is too poor to afford a 3 vs 3 Scoreboard. Seriously, why show it now and not before? Ohwell.

What is Piplup wearing...

Reggie cameo.

Paul being around Dawn alone looks weird, I don't know why.

Battle time:

Aggron vs Pikachu-I knew it was the first match. Pikachu gets recalled.

Aggron vs Infernape-Infernape wins. So far no surprises in this battle.

Gastrodon vs Infernape-Infernape recalled.

Gastrodon vs Staraptor-Staraptor recalled(When the preview came out I thought it would have lost to it but after I thought it might just get recalled).

Gastrodon vs Buizel-Buizel wins. Still no surprises.

Drapion vs Buizel-Episode ends. Alright now this is a little surprise. I though Gliscor vs Drapion was suppose to be the end of this episode, guess not which is great.

What did Reggie say when Paul sent out Drapion? Could that Drapion really be Reggie's?

I didn't realize I came to Twitter, that's what the whole first page looks like.

Battle is pretty good so far. Will have to watch fully before making a total judgment.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I always love the still shots at the end of cliffhanger episode, they are always epic-looking drawings. Does anyone know what the conversation between Dawn and Paul was about at the beginning of the episode? I don't speak or understand ANY Japanese lol.

New Chapter: Chapter 4- Unova

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Creature of Storms
    Also check out my completed crossover of Pokemon and Pirates by clicking the title!

"Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
    Ephesians 6:17

Wow, what a great shift from the last battle between Ash and Paul. Last time, Ash only beat two Pokemon (one of which had already wiped out at least two of his Pokemon); this time he started out with a two-win streak.
    I still can't tell if Infernape's new move is Flare Blitz or Blast Burn. After he uses it, it looks like he has red lightning flowing over him for a couple of seconds, much like Staraptor after using Brave Bird; this would lead me to believe it is the result of a recoil effect. But, we've already seen Flare Blitz used by Flint's Infernape. When Flint's Infernape uses Flare Blitz, it is orange; the attack Ash's Infernape is using is blue. Maybe it's just a testimony to how powerful Ash's Infernape is (blue fire is hotter than normal fire), but if that was their purpose they could have just as easily gone with Blast Burn.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

This battle was great. The parts that I enjoyed the most were Aggron vs. Infernape. Also Gastordon using counter sheild. This show that Paul thinks its a good strategy, or else why would he use it. I also like when Staraptor used close combat while it was pinned down by Gastordon's body slam.

I have got to say what I said before in respect to Paul's choice of pokemon, they are strong in their own right. On par with the likes of Honchrow, Ursuring, and Magmortar.
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

This was surprising. I didnt expect Ash to take out 2 of pauls pokemon so fast hmm. When they showed Reggie watching TV, he had his hands and fingers together and I pictured him saying "Exxxxxcellent~".
    Was Dawn following Paul to talk to him or something? didnt look like he was interested in talking to her...(<-- no shipping hint/thing intended there)
    Judging by the episode pictures, i say this was okay so far but i just didnt like how Dawn was going "cute-cute-blush" over piplup so much in that random outfit.
    Last edited by Darkxninga; 5th August 2010 at 4:53 PM.
    .:No Longer on Serebiiforums/.net:.

My, my this episode was so interesting.

Gastrodon vs Staraptor was my favorite. Gastrodon using counter shield is an epic win! The way it moved it's head was so funny.
    Then Gastrodon basically rapes poor Staraptor =3. The Close Combat on the ground was epic as well. I wouldn't have thought of that.

The ending part with Buizel and Drapion kind of scared me. The way thing turned I was like "Oh S***!"

Overall great episode. Can't wait for the rest.

Well, when an episode is this good, there's not too much to say that isn't very obvious.

I liked that Oracion was played around when Dawn and Paul met up with Ash and the rest of the group. The music really fits two aspects of that scene: the pokemon center being dark and so empty, like the League is really coming to its end, and then the rising of the sun as Ash and Paul get ready to walk to the stadium.

Gastrodon used a very well constructed strategy. Paul used counter-shield to block from above, which baited Ash into ordering Staraptor to attack from ground level. Gastrodon was waiting for that, and then landed the body slam. But Ash made the proper adjustment the next time around with Buizel, quickly ordering an Ice Punch before Gastrodon's body slam could hit. Nice.

As Paul was getting ready to call out his 3rd pokemon, Ash readjusted his cap and sighed. I get the feeling, when this episode is dubbed sometime, that this is the scene I'll find the most interesting.
    Last edited by wind21; 5th August 2010 at 5:09 PM.

The battle has started out pretty well with Ash in the lead. (Infernape's gotten a win in this battle already!) I have to say I was surprised by Paul copying the Counter Shield trick, a very clever move. And it seems like Paul has noticed that Ash is using the same team as before.

Buizel Vs. Gastrodon was the best part of the battle so far, very fast paced and it was nice to Buizel get it's first real win in a while. The fight against Gastrodon in general was very good. And I loved towards the end when Ash adjusted his cap, things are getting serious!

I still can't tell if Infernape's new move is Flare Blitz or Blast Burn.
    It's Flare Blitz. Ash tells Infernape to use Furea Doraibu (Flare Drive), which is the Japanese name of Flare Blitz.
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

For the record, let it be known that I called the counter-shield way back before this episode ever came out.

Besides that, this was a good battle, and the early lead by Ash gives them more room to work with in the next two episodes as well. Good start for the first 3-parter; I'm impressed it still had a lot of content, and didn't have just five minutes of battle to make it easier to spread over three episodes.

I quite enjoyed this battle, but since it was relatively short, I think the most important part, emotionally, was the part where Oracion played over. Once that's dubbed, it'll probably have the most effect, reflecting on their rivalry and such.

Ash seems much more focused and doesn't seem to be making mistakes. This bodes well for the future. .
    Yes I'm a shipper. There's no need to think anything differently of me though.

PearlShipping Fanfic I'm working on...: Click? :3[Last update: (Sep25) (Chapter 12)]

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    But there are some holes in your logic and I'm gonna poke them.

Can anyone tell me what were the discussions, between Paul/Reggie , Paul/Dawn(inside the pokemon centre) and the group discussion outside the pokemon centre, all about??
    THE ORIGINAL AND THE UNDOUBTEDLY BEST EVER DIGI-CAST(I support TAKARI).....

WE'LL MISS YOU ALL...

Credit~~T. Mung @ gamespot

Spoiler:- ~HELL YEAH!!~:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If you think Ash's mijumaru is simply priceless, copy this and paste it in your signature! (started by dragonpsychicrules) ---> NEW!!!

If you want TORTERRA to make the best ever comeback in Isshu, copy this and paste it in your Sig!(Started by dragonpsychicrules)

If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig (started by TrainerOfLegend)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by dragonpsychicrules View Post
    Can anyone tell me what were the discussions, between Paul/Reggie , Paul/Dawn(inside the pokemon centre) and the group discussion outside the pokemon centre, all about??
    I think Paul and Reggie were discussing the team Ash will use (although I could be dead wrong on that one). When Paul was talking with Dawn however, he was mostly saying that Ash is just like Reggie, but Dawn disagrees, saying that Ash is just, well, himself. And I didn't really get any of what the group were talking about, although I think it might of just been pre-battle banter, so to speak.
    (My Japanese is kind of limited, so sorry if I was wrong on anyting.
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

Would anyone be so kind to translate the conversation Paul had with Dawn? i would greatly appreciate it and as for the episode itself i think that Ash is off to a good start but we know this will be one of the hardest battles he has ever fought with anyone. I know how it will come down too but so far Paul is putting up a good fight. The counter shield thing i never expected Paul to copy but Ash was taken off guard by that.

The World God Only knows

Both paul and ash have showed a great deal of development. Paul has used ash's improvised moves while ash is showing a greater level of focus and maturity. This is all plan of reggie's plan to see the limits of both trainers.

Reggie(watching the battle with his hands like Gendo): "All acording to plan"

That was a great ep. Really good battles, good character stuff (I presume). They didn't all go down in one hit like Gary's. Seems all set to be the best battle in the show's history.

Paul using Counter-Shield was a great touch, very impressive idea by the writers. Paul smirking that Ash is using the same team, but he's in for a surprise with their improvements. Loved the use of IAJ and Ice Punch to surprise him and Gastrodon. Infernape's speed was outstanding, a great way of showing it by Aggron preparing an attack and Infernape just...being there. Concerning, though, that Ash has had to use two Pokemon for each of Paul's so far - they're all being steadily weakened, I think it's being set up for a sweep by Electivire or Drapion.

Can Buizel not easily hit Drapion in the face with Water Gun in his current position by the way? >_>
    Last edited by TheNewGuy; 5th August 2010 at 6:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
    That was a great ep. Really good battles, good character stuff (I presume). They didn't all go down in one hit like Gary's. Seems all set to be the best battle in the show's history.

Paul using Counter-Shield was a great touch, very impressive idea by the writers. Paul smirking that Ash is using the same team, but he's in for a surprise with their improvements. Loved the use of IAJ and Ice Punch to surprise him and Gastrodon. Infernape's speed was outstanding, a great way of showing it by Aggron preparing an attack and Infernape just...being there. Concerning, though, that Ash has had to use two Pokemon for each of Paul's so far - they're all being steadily weakened, I think it's being set up for a sweep by Electivire or Drapion.

Can Buizel not easily hit Drapion in the face with Water Gun in his current position by the way? >_>
    No that's far too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
    I doubt they'll make it that easy for Ash.
    I have some queries here myself. Paul probably should be furiated that two of his poke'mon got out already without a single win(though they put up outstanding battles). Maybe his is just planning to use them to wear Ash out and then hit them hard with Drapion and Electivire. After all, Reggie was so relaxed back then that he was expecting this thing to happen so far.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast