Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

7 13.73%
  • NO!

1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 877 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

Default The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

** The Pokemon Questions Thread! **

If you have a question about Pokemon, bring it here!
    Really, any questions at all - if you're looking for a quick answer, this is the place. Do not make a thread for a single question.

Examples of the sort of single-question threads we've had in the past that fit under this one:

"What in the world are EVs and IVs and how do they work?"

"Why does Farfetch'd have that leek?"

"Why is X type weak to Y type?"

"How long are Pokemon games kept in production?"

"Is the Bicycle stored in the backpack?"

"What do they eat in the Pokemon world?"

"How does Cubone get the skull it wears?"

"Why don't they make games with multiple save files?"

... and many more ...

There was a bit of a lag-induced mix up with the old Pokemon Questions thread and the Closed Thread Container, so here's a fresh start. Sorry for any confusion! We're still trying to cut down on the misplaced/spam/simple question threads this section sees every few hours. If you're wondering something about any aspect of Pokemon, and all you need is an answer, post in this thread. To that end, this thread (as is this whole section) is still not for game-related help questions! Check the General Pokemon Discussion section rules for links to all the proper threads and sections for game help and ideas.
    Last edited by Profesco; 19th March 2011 at 4:23 AM.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Yay first question in the fresh new thread

For Tyrogue into Hitmonlee/Chan/Top, what ability does he have to have for either of theirs?

EX: Guts Tyrogue -> ??? Hitmonlee
    Steadfast Tyrogue -> ??? Hitmonlee
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Sorry i`m a newbie... what is Diglet`s weakness?

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    Yay first question in the fresh new thread

For Tyrogue into Hitmonlee/Chan/Top, what ability does he have to have for either of theirs?

EX: Guts Tyrogue -> ??? Hitmonlee
    Steadfast Tyrogue -> ??? Hitmonlee
    As far as I've experienced, a Pokemon will keep the newer Ability when it evolves. In your example, for instance, a Guts Tyrogue will evolve into a Limber Hitmonlee, while a Steadfast Tyrogue will evolve into a Reckless Hitmonlee.

Quote Originally Posted by goash View Post
    Sorry i`m a newbie... what is Diglet`s weakness?
    Diglett, being a pure Ground type, is weak to the Grass, Water, and Ice types.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Which level of pokeball is the safari ball and the competition ball from the bug catching contest comparable to? Because they aren't that good.

What country was that rocket in your sig from, Profesco, if an assumtion can be made?

Click my Trainer Card to see my Shiny Pokémon List

My Personal Pokémon Website: Ace Trainer Alex Webpage
    Ace Trainers United Website: Ace Trainers United
    Ace Trainers United Facebook Group
    Pokémon X Version: Alex - 2535-4116-7272
    Friend Safari: Poison -

He is from Mother Russia.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Two questions about Ditto :P

Why can't a Ditto Breed with a Ditto?

And when a shiny ditto transforms does it transform into the shiny version of the pokemon???

My team,
    Mightyena(Shiny) Lv.100... Rapidash(Shiny-Traded)lv.83 Nidoking lv. 98... Shuckle lv. 90... delibird (for fun) lv. 78.... and level 96 Gyarados (the blue one, not the red shiny rubbish)
    Not Cheated ^ !!
    Posted by Might Yena
    Any pokemon can be good at level 100!
    Posted by Nekomaru
    Even Magikarp?
    Destiny: No. Not Magikarp.

Quote Originally Posted by ash5550 View Post
    Which level of pokeball is the safari ball and the competition ball from the bug catching contest comparable to? Because they aren't that good.
    Safari Ball has a catch multiplier of 1.5. That's the same as a Great Ball, I believe.

And when a shiny ditto transforms does it transform into the shiny version of the pokemon???
    It'll transform into whatever the opponent is. So a shiny foe will result in your Ditto transforming into a shiny Pokemon, even if it isn't shiny, while if the other Pokemon is normal, then even the transformed Pokemon is normal.

As we wind on down the road~

Clever indra ;P
    but what about the breeding? is that too much for ya :P

My team,
    Mightyena(Shiny) Lv.100... Rapidash(Shiny-Traded)lv.83 Nidoking lv. 98... Shuckle lv. 90... delibird (for fun) lv. 78.... and level 96 Gyarados (the blue one, not the red shiny rubbish)
    Not Cheated ^ !!
    Posted by Might Yena
    Any pokemon can be good at level 100!
    Posted by Nekomaru
    Even Magikarp?
    Destiny: No. Not Magikarp.

Sport Balls also have a 1.5x catch rate. And yes they do suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Ditto cannot breed with Ditto because they are both genderless.

They are able to breed with other genderless pokemon solely because Game Freak lets them to it.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

They both have a1.5 catch rate and that is the same as a Great ball, However it would have been very easy to catch the rare pokemon in the safari zone with a ultra ball, the Bug catching is easy already.
    Quote Originally Posted by might yena View Post
    Clever indra ;P
    Well my theory is that Ditto's DNA isn't comlet on it's own and need to copy another ones to attack so the same goes for breeding. It might be seen as a little strange because it wouldn't have the abillity to pass down it's genes, but then again Ditto might have the abillity to copy only a part of the mate's DNA so it can mix it with it's own and the have some of it's genes passed down. Like the IV's and Nature, cn be seen as genes Ditto can pass down.

So the theory is about that Ditto isn't complete and needs another pokemon's DNA to breed.

Or you can just go with the "pokemon doesn't make sense" answer.

I have a question about a Pokemon accessory. It was called the PokeMate accessory. It was only released in Japan I believe, but I'm wondering, why wasn't it released outside of Japan? And has it been discontinued in Japan or is it still in service?

And also, I've a second question about those pesky Quick Balls. How often does the "speed effect" last? I've heard it only works if you toss the ball on the same turn you meet the Pokemon but then I've also heard it lasts a few turns then weakens after the fourth. Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by Lorde; 8th August 2010 at 12:07 AM.

The Quick Ball has a catch rate of 4 on the first turn and 1 on any turn after that.

As for the Pokemate accessory, I did a bit of google searching, and it appears someone made a thread a few months earlier asking about this, and the response given is pretty good as to why it probably wasn't released outside of Japan.
    Last edited by Ya ok; 8th August 2010 at 2:50 AM.

whats so special about the pokewalker?

hai bh :3

Quote Originally Posted by TyranitarFan View Post
    You can get some Pokemon with special moves, catch Torchics(wild starters), and get rare(ish) items.

Riki Tiki Tavi

Why did they have to take Ludicolo out of the anime?
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

*shrugs* Perhaps because it was only there to serve as advertisment for the Third Generation, and, when fourth started, it became...eh....'obsolete'. Just my guess, though. I mean, you may as well ask why Ash doesn't carry Bulbasaur around with him. (I mean no offence, of course.)

Now, I asked this last night on the old Questions Thread, but then my computer died (it does that a lot) so I didn't get to see the answer, so here we go again:

"I know that I could trade between XD and the Third Gen games, if I were to have a Game Boy Player attached to the bottom of the GameCube, but what of the original Colosseum?"

~Nemmeh
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

I axed this in the old Pokemon questions thread, but it wasn't answered.
    "What is Bashamo? I find that name on all the old, old speculations from 3rd generation. I think it might have been Blaziken's original Japanese name, but that's Bursayamo, so what is Bashamo?"

Why is it when you hatch an egg from level 1. and you use a rare candy on it, it's stats are sometimes increased by 0 or 2? Since it's never battled, shouldn't all it's stats only get +1?

Hoenn will rise again!!
    Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

19)Blaziken=257 (UU)=Bashamo 6'3 115 lbs

^From my private fighting type information files, copied from both Serebii.net and the Pokédex.

If you want proof, then go here or here.

~Nemmeh
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmeh View Post
    19)Blaziken=257 (UU)=Bashamo 6'3 115 lbs

^From my private fighting type information files, copied from both Serebii.net and the Pokédex.

If you want proof, then go here or here.

~Nemmeh
    Thanks, but why is it if I Google Bashamo I only get some random crap, and if I Google Bursyamo I find a Bulbapedia page...
    Ah forget it.
    ^^

Hoenn will rise again!!
    Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

Quote Originally Posted by might yena View Post
    Unless you're looking for some extravagant theory the likes of which Endless posted, it's because Game Freak said so :P

And because you can't replicate into a different gendered version of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by TyranitarFan View Post
    Apart from the fact that it's awesome to be "playing" Pokemon while walking, it has a lot of exclusive Pokemon (like Carvanha), event-only Pokemon like the Flying Pikachu, and items which you can get only one of in the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Manafi's Dream View Post
    Why did they have to take Ludicolo out of the anime?
    It's not been taken out per se (like the Porygon line), but they can't show every Pokemon, can they?

Quote Originally Posted by .:Flaming Fury:. View Post
    Why is it when you hatch an egg from level 1. and you use a rare candy on it, it's stats are sometimes increased by 0 or 2? Since it's never battled, shouldn't all it's stats only get +1?
    The stat increase depends on a Pokemon's base stats, EVs, IVs, nature, etc. It isn't set as +1 or +2 or anything.

First post brought this question back into my mind.

Why the hell is Flying super effective against Grass? It may be just me, but I don't quite get the logic there...

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery Dragon Fang View Post
    First post brought this question back into my mind.

Why the hell is Flying super effective against Grass? It may be just me, but I don't quite get the logic there...
    Because birds own plants in one-on-one combat

Quote Originally Posted by Waterpokes View Post
    Why isn't Ice strong against Bug? I mean, bugs die when the winter comes, right?
    Most don't, really.

Page 1 of 877 123451151101 ... LastLast