Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what pokemon should have stats boosted?

Red face what pokemon should have stats boosted?

hi everyone

i'm a newbie for this forum, this is my first post.

i can't use english well ( i wish i will practice my english in this forum)

okay, i would like to talk about the pokemon that should have stats boosted.

( if this thread's post in wrong forum , i'm sorry T^T)

( if the same topic ever created... sorry too T^T)

I would like to share my opinion and know what everyone thinks?????

share your opinion to me , thank you.

I think this following pokemon should have stat boosted.

1.Luvdisc

now i think luvdisc is a fast pokemon but its speed doesn't fast enough to use well.

max speed at LV100 (+spe nature) is 322

i think its speed should be 350 ( = gengar , espeon)

because all stat (except speed) is poor

Although in rain , Its water-type moves isn't do damage enough.

So I think its max spatk at lv100 (+spatk nature) should be 270 ( now is 196)

196 sp atk is very very very low. though it stands with rain, its water type doesn't do much damage. It can kill a few fire pokemon ( with hydro pump)ex. rapidash, infernape , camerupt

I wish Luvdisc can boost its stat one day T^T

(although it boost , it doesn't use well)

( but it will better than this time)

thank you for reading.

i will practice my english again.

Hello

I don't mind seeing Luvdisc gets a stat boost honestly, but personally I think it also needs something else to separate it from other better Water-Types out there.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Sunkern because it should have a base stat of 200 like other baby Pokemon. Maybe there is a reason it is so low but I don't know why it's so low and it should have base stats like other baby Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Absolushun View Post
    Sunkern because it should have a base stat of 200 like other baby Pokemon. Maybe there is a reason it is so low but I don't know why it's so low and it should have base stats like other baby Pokemon.
    Sunkern isn't a baby Pokémon...

Anyhow, a few Pokémon got 10-point boosts to their base stats in Gen 6. Why wasn't Delcatty one of them?
    転んでもいいき 君は君がすてきさ
    "It's okay if you fall. You are you and that makes you wonderful!"

Dunsparce could use a boost in pretty much all it's stats. I mean, they already gave it no evolution, no mega-evolution, and a bad movepool. I'm sure a little stat boost won't hurt, right?
    Last edited by Kumiho; 26th October 2014 at 10:57 PM.

Why no one had yet mention Scizor? It is an evolved form, but it BST is the same as its pre-evolution Scyther. This is unreasonable!!!!

I would like Scizor speed to increase back to the same value as Scyther. Moreover, increase the HP stat as well, as it is now Steel type, it should be much physically much more durable than previously. Better increase HP to 90~100.
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこに始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    Why no one had yet mention Scizor? It is an evolved form, but it BST is the same as its pre-evolution Scyther. This is unreasonable!!!!

I would like Scizor speed to increase back to the same value as Scyther. Moreover, increase the HP stat as well, as it is now Steel type, it should be much physically much more durable than previously. Better increase HP to 90~100.
    Scizor's new typing and increased Attack make up for that, though. Scizor as it is right now is already OU, so that shows it's clearly doing fine as it is.

There is one Pokémon that I think needs help.

Pidgeot.

Its attack stat should be something like 95. It's very useless now since it has such terrible stats.

High speed stat is not a stat that can be useful alone, unlike special attack and attack.
    I'm a huge Pokémon fan and also love movies.

I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.

Oh boy, cacturne could sure use a speed stat that doesnt suck arse, the thing is just uber-frail, but those offenses might actually bait some sad sacks into using it.

Credit goes to Sworn Metalhead of Dćdric designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumiho View Post
    Dunsparce could use a boost in pretty much all it's stats. I mean, they already gave it not evolution, no mega-evolution, and a bad movepool. I'm sure a little stat boost won't hurt, right?
    I agree with this user. It needs more love, so a boost is in order imho. With a boost in stats, the coil-set would totally be legit .

Kingdra needs a stat boost because none of its stats are actually anything special (Base 95 is the highest).
    Below is my ORAS team.
    ORAS IGN: Chiny

Is it fair that most fully evolved starters are outclassed by a lot of Pokémon you can catch? No it's not.

The fact that most of them have less than 110 as their highest stat is painful for them.

Regular Charizard should have something like 135 special attack it is after all desecribed as a powerful fire breather.

Meanwhile Blaziken should have something like 140 attack stat and 120 special attack.

The fact that most of them have low stats compared to something like Magmortar or Milotic is beyond pathetic.

And before anyone assumes I was referring to Magmortar's special attack stat, not its stats overall.

I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.

Wailord should have better stats. Seriously, something THAT big should have power to match its size. Some serious physical attack power, for example.
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

Quote Originally Posted by Chinonso View Post
    Kingdra needs a stat boost because none of its stats are actually anything special (Base 95 is the highest).
    And he is still one of the most reliable rain abusers.
    Who said moe cant be Gar?

Fc Ixchen: 0559-7194-5664
    Poison safari : Muk Cascoon Venomoth

I HATE the Hoenn region and its winguls with a passion that can burn steel beams. But i love move tutors, Lets see how this goes...

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    There is one Pokémon that I think needs help.

Pidgeot.

Its attack stat should be something like 95. It's very useless now since it has such terrible stats.

High speed stat is not a stat that can be useful alone, unlike special attack and attack.
    The mega fixes every problem you mentioned except for the attack stat (because sp.atk got raised instead)
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

I wish that Zebstrika or Sawsbuck would get stat boosts,because they are one of my favorite pokemons. And Zebstrika should have some more Special Attack, because it has many special attacking moves. I mean, only 80 special attack is not very good, I hope that would be something like 100. Sawsbuck would like more Special attack, too.
    Click my babies to help them to grow!

I have claimed Zebstrika! Thunder zebra power!
    I have also claimed Sacred Grove theme from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess!
    In-game name:Annabel
    Friend-code: 4957-3860-9818

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    The mega fixes every problem you mentioned except for the attack stat (because sp.atk got raised instead)
    That might be, but personally I think Pidgeot should have had useful attack or special attack stat since the beginning.

The fact is Pidgeot really is the worst of all the fully evolved bird Pokémon you get the first stage of early on in the game. And it shouldn't have been that way.

Durant kinda needs a boost to it's special defense, but otherwise it's golden.

maybe articuno having it's S.def, and S.Att stats, and defense and speed being switched too.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuz View Post
    Wailord should have better stats. Seriously, something THAT big should have power to match its size. Some serious physical attack power, for example.
    I agree. Even a tackle from something that size should be pretty devastating.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

There are a lot changes I would want to make regarding the stat distributions. There are several Pokémon such as Swoobat that have stats that make unevolved Pokémon laugh, while several unevolved Pokémon like Machoke who are actually intended to work as limited fully evolved Pokémon fail to do so.

There are also several pre-evolved Pokémon that are just bad, like Wooper and Sunkern. And several others which were retconned in later dates like Pichu need to have substantial increases in their stats alongside rest of their families.

There are also several Pokémon who are only relevant with specific items and abilities like Medicham and Azumarill which make their other abilities obsolete. And there are several species that have some inconsistencies with their pre-evolutions, despite having no reason to have any. Gigalith has considerably more Sp. Def than its previous stages, even if its previous stages are not that different.

And there are others who simply fail to reach to their counterparts. Many of the Gen IV evolutions are intended to work in roughly the same principle as Mega Evolutions, but either Eviolite has made unnecessary, or even if they are a good improvement, their stats and their base is simply not strong enough to be a threat. That's not getting to several three stage Pokémon that don't even though 500s or even have any stat that exceeds or reaches to 100. I'm looking at you Gothitelle.

And let's not get into the whole Gen I Pokémon who have lost their power and/or bulk after the Sp. Atk/Sp. Def split, despite having no reason to do so(though I'm talking less about monsters like Mewtwo and more the likes of Tentacruel and Raichu).

tl;dr I don't think it is possible to "fix" the imbalance with few minute changes. Save for few exceptions, almost all species need some sort of facelift, either a radical one(like say, for Unown and Baby Pokémon), a medium one(like for trade evolving Pokémon and cross-generational evolving Pokémon who should work as "fully evolved but limited" Pokémon or the likes of Banette who got left out even with its Mega) or extremely minute ones(like say, for Abomasnow, who just needs a +30-50 BST to be fairly efficient). AND even then, some just have poorly distributed stats(like Drifblim and Wailord) that can only be fixed by either radical changes on other areas(like signature moves, new abilities etc.) or Mega Evolutions.

AND even if the stats were reorganized(which they should be), there are still other stuff like moveset distributions, moves themselves, Abilities, items etc. that need to slightly or significantly altered.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

guess who

hint: username

After having my Arcanine outsped by a Slaking, I realized that one of two things had to happen. Slaking needs to lose some speed, or the "Legendary" Pokemon, whose Pokedex entry states: Arcanine is known for its high speed. It is said to be capable of running over 6,200 miles in a single day and night." should have more than 90 base speed. Now that I think about it, Rayquaza has only 95 base speed, meaning it is also outsped by Slaking. That doesn't make any sense. Although, now Rayquaza does have a Mega Evolution now, with 115, so I guess its alright now. Seriously though, Slaking has 100 base speed?! Who made that decision?!
    Somehow, somewhere, there is a universe where everything is the exact same, except that Tyrantrum is considered the best Pokemon in competitive, hands-down.

Wow, such Flare Blitz, very Choice Band

Quote Originally Posted by vanillite1 View Post
    guess who

hint: username
    Vanilluxe would be godly with 110 speed, but that's GF for you, trying to make bulky ice-types who end up NU.

Quote Originally Posted by Axonlotl View Post
    After having my Arcanine outsped by a Slaking, I realized that one of two things had to happen. Slaking needs to lose some speed, or the "Legendary" Pokemon, whose Pokedex entry states: Arcanine is known for its high speed. It is said to be capable of running over 6,200 miles in a single day and night." should have more than 90 base speed. Now that I think about it, Rayquaza has only 95 base speed, meaning it is also outsped by Slaking. That doesn't make any sense. Although, now Rayquaza does have a Mega Evolution now, with 115, so I guess its alright now. Seriously though, Slaking has 100 base speed?! Who made that decision?!
    otherwise he would just be crap

I'd also suggest Mega Alakazam should get a 10 point boost. All other pokemon that mega evolve get a 100 point boost Alakazam only gets 90 points. Perhaps a defence boost.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast