Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Disappointments?

Default Pokemon Disappointments?

We all love the Pokemon games. Like, a lot. But there are some things about them that just disappointed you at one point- either as a child or now.
    So voice them here!

Mine would be Delphox. I love the Pokémon, and I chose Fennekin as my starter, but the only thing that disappointed me was the design. I mean you have a Psychic/Fire type fox here, which is so incredibly amazing. Why make the design so... I don't know, bland? Just strange. :c

**NOTE:** This thread is NOT for saying what you like/ don't like about everything in Pokemon. Please try to stick mainly to the disappointments? :'D

I like Delphox... :c

Anyway, my disappointment? That Mega Houndoom isn't an actual evolution of Houndoom.

I've claimed Shadow the Hedgehog!

Alpha Sapphire shall be mine!

Delphox didn't really disappoint me tbh... it's just ninjas always make me break my holy "always choose fire" motto.

I'm looking at you, Sceptile and Greninja.

Disappointments? blatant favorism. (I'm probably butthurt because Infernape fan but whatever) Giving Blaziken Speed Boost, a reserved ability, and it's the only non-Kanto starter to get a Mega Evolution? Infernape/Swampert/Feraligatr/Serperior(grass/dragon contrary oh my)/starter deserve one, just in order to a: make it fair; b: make them something serious players use, not people who go "6 STARTAS SO CEWL"

don't get me started on charizard or mewtwo.

but come on, mega meganium needs to happen, just the name proves it.

I wasn't disappointed with what Delphox ended up being, per se, but I will concede to having had hopes of a quadrupedal Fire Starter before X&Y came out.

As for a Pokemon that disappointed me? Magmortar, probably. Magmar ranks among my favourite Kanto Pokemon, but I truly dislike Magmortar; I have no such problem with and even quite like Electivire, though.

Disappointments?

Definitely the Goomy line.

We couldve had a Steel/Dragon aside from Dialga to take on the fairy type, but instead we got a Pseudo Legendary with horrid offensive presence that has no versatility in any way. AV Goodra is the only viable Goodra, which was disappointing t say the least.

The lack of a Mega Evolution for Pikachu, he's the mascot of the series...instead Mawile gets one. Mawile? WHAT THE **** IS A MAWILE?!?! MAWILE IS NOBODY ;~;

I'm probably butthurt because Infernape fan but whatever
    Reading Journey to the West now and I believe there can be no greater honor among starters than being based on the Monkey King.

Still, I've found that (after playing Final Fantasy XI) game developers really have this thing about disregarding game balance in favor of making everybody's favorite even better. I don't think I have to explain why, but for a long time, Final Fantasy XI was disparagingly called "Samurai Fantasy XI".

Giving out a promo Torchic with Speed Boost and a Mega Evolution item, in particular, lacked subtlety.
    Last edited by Ketaru; 13th April 2014 at 1:51 AM.

I feel disappointed whenever the game-makers make decisions that don't conform to my every desire, even if said decisions are justifiable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer Fluttershy View Post
    The lack of a Mega Evolution for Pikachu, he's the mascot of the series...instead Mawile gets one. Mawile? WHAT THE **** IS A MAWILE?!?! MAWILE IS NOBODY ;~;
    Because Raichu needs to be made even more irrelevant. The Light Ball being Pikachu-exclusive was bad enough... besides, Pikachu isn't a fully-evolved Pokémon. Only fully-evolved Pokémon can Mega Evolve.
    Last edited by Endolise; 13th April 2014 at 1:56 AM.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

When I found out the lack of Pokémon being introduced in the Gen 6.

Even if we count the mega evolutions it's still the smallest amount of Pokémon being released. Less than 100 is pathetic.

There are other things I dislike about Pokémon X, but since I acknowledge a lot of the flaws I had with the game are ignorant, I won't even bother mentioning them.

And by Pokémon X, I am of course also counting Y.
    I'm a huge Pokémon fan and also love movies.

I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.

Can Pikachu even be said to be the mascot these days? Sure, he's a Macy's Parade balloon and he's still Ash's Deux ex Pokemon. But in the gaming franchise, you really don't see all that much of him. In fact, it looks like the original trainer Red canonically picks (wait for it) Charizard as his starter.

I was talking with somebody who hadn't played Pokemon for a while and he kept going back to how great Charizard (from the way he was talking about things though, it was obvious he hasn't played the game since Generation II).

I was disappointed in Delphox.
    Still choose Fennekin as my starter though lol

I was also a little bit disappointed Goomy was the pseudo legendary?
    I like when they look fearsome lol

Pokemon designs I was disappointed in this gen Swirlix evo line, Aromatisse, Binacle line, and Hawlucha.
    I just don't like them much xD

Besides 6th gen disappointments, I don't remember many (6th gen is still fresh in the mind)
    I know I was disappointed in Sinnoh's lack of fire pokemon and the tedious caves.

6th gen is still one of my favorite pokemon games though ^^ hundreds of hours into it x.x
    Trade Shop! 180+ IV bred pokemon!
    3DS FC: 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana

X/Y shiny count: 38

Spoiler:- BQ & Shiny Updates:

Hunting

Soon

Quote Originally Posted by Ketaru View Post
    Can Pikachu even be said to be the mascot these days? Sure, he's a Macy's Parade balloon and he's still Ash's Deux ex Pokemon. But in the gaming franchise, you really don't see all that much of him. In fact, it looks like the original trainer Red canonically picks (wait for it) Charizard as his starter.

I was talking with somebody who hadn't played Pokemon for a while and he kept going back to how great Charizard (from the way he was talking about things though, it was obvious he hasn't played the game since Generation II).
    Yeah, Pikachu is only the mascot of the Pokémon anime, and that's it.

The mascots of the Pokémon games are legendary Pokémon, Charizard and Blastoise. I'm of course referring to the ones on the covers of the games.

I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.

I was really disappointed in the Mega Evolution choices. I was really hoping for all the starters to get Mega Evos, but that did not happen. Also, I feel like some of the Mega Evos should of just been regular evolutions.

But, this is just my opinion. Fill free to disagree.
    Claimed Braviary and Masamune Date
    "Dragons are loyal, and they will always see their mission through."
    "In the wake of my demise, may you still continue." Source of gifs

Kinda wish some of the Mega Evolutions were actual evolutions. Some pokemon like Bannette and Mawile needed regular evolutions. While Mega-Mawile's all right, Mega-Bannete just isn't worth giving up a mega slot for.

Though the Mega X and Y Mewtwo wasn't necessary...
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    And Sakurai's freedom has ended. Time for him to come back and be our slave to release extremely vague snapshots every five days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    "Stare into my eyes and be hypnotized by my cuteness!"

Like Blaze The Movie Fan, I was disappointed that there were only 69 new Pokemon in Kalos. Before October, about 40 Pokemon were revealed. We knew more than half of the Pokedex before the game was even released! That really took away from the feeling of discovery that I think should go along with a new generation.

I was also disappointed that only Charizard and Mewtwo got two Megas, especially Charizard since it's supposed to part of a trio (Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise).
    Last edited by bolter1; 13th April 2014 at 2:19 AM.

I was just thinking. Would it be unduly disparaging to refer to Charizard as the "WAIFU Pokemon"?

Pikachu wouldn't work. Mega Stones are regular evolutionary stones infused with the power of the legendary weapon (aka yvetal/xerneas)

you try to mega evolve it you get raichu. It won't work.

And including megas (consider them inbattle evolutions.) and the event trio, you get

69 + 30 + 3 + 2 (Lati twins) = 104 New Pokémon

I didn't mind the number too much, megas made it up for me somewhat.
    Last edited by Creeper; 13th April 2014 at 2:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Creeper View Post
    Pikachu wouldn't work. Mega Stones are regular evolutionary stones infused with the power of the legendary weapon (aka yvetal/xerneas)

you try to mega evolve it you get raichu. It won't work.
    Maybe not, but I can't see why a Mega Raichu wouldn't work.

I mean common, I love Raichu and it NEEDS improvement.

I'm just too happy they finally started using 3-D models instead of sprites to be worried about the quantity of Pokemon added.

^ I was thinking about that actually. It would work, but I guess in the intro gen to Mega Evolution it's best to be conservative and stick with what you know.

As in creating 600 BST monsters like Mega Blaziken.

what would that look like, anyway?

(Fan Artists, Your Time Is Now)

The lack of interact-able and legendary Pokemon in X/Y. I'm not talking about Generation specific Pokemon, I just mean in general. I know Pokemon Bank makes it easier to get these, but I enjoy having these mini events in the games and also enjoy collecting one-time/legendary Pokemon.
    Favorite Pokemon: Mew and Charmander because they win at life.

my Disappointment is that they need to bring back the battle frontier like emerald had but keep the point after each battle thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    Less than 100 is pathetic.
    But very smart and justified from a gameplay economics perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    Yeah, Pikachu is only the mascot of the Pokémon anime, and that's it.

The mascots of the Pokémon games are legendary Pokémon, Charizard and Blastoise. I'm of course referring to the ones on the covers of the games.
    Pikachu was on the cover of a game too, but it was a pointless, pandering, money-squeezing back-adaptation that shouldn't be counted as a part of the main series, so yeah.
    Last edited by Endolise; 13th April 2014 at 3:06 AM.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    I was really disappointed in the Mega Evolution choices. I was really hoping for all the starters to get Mega Evos, but that did not happen. Also, I feel like some of the Mega Evos should of just been regular evolutions.

But, this is just my opinion. Fill free to disagree.
    I feel the same way. Why only give the Kanto Starters and Blaziken a Mega Evolution? I don't even like Blaziken, I love Sceptile and I was disappointed that none of the other Starters got a Mega.
    Pokemon Y
    FC: 2122-6321-3510
    Fire
    Pyroar, Ninetales, Growlithe

Don't have much room

Quote Originally Posted by TaurosRicardo View Post
    I feel the same way. Why only give the Kanto Starters and Blaziken a Mega Evolution? I don't even like Blaziken, I love Sceptile and I was disappointed that none of the other Starters got a Mega.
    I wanted to see the Sinnoh starters get Mega Evos really badly. Why did Gamefreak only choose some Pokemon. They should made a Mega Evo for every fan, with the starters.
    Claimed Braviary and Masamune Date
    "Dragons are loyal, and they will always see their mission through."
    "In the wake of my demise, may you still continue." Source of gifs

Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast