Thread: With the Serebii's World Map in OR/AS, are Colosseum and Ranger complete canon now?

Post With the Serebii's World Map in OR/AS, are Colosseum and Ranger complete canon now?

For those who are a bit lost, a world map from this very site was used in OR/AS as a picture frame in one of Dewford Town's very bland houses. This was checked some time around the pair of game's release.
    (New user here so I can't link the page)

Now, if we have Orre and the Pokemon Ranger regions appearing in a main game even though this map wasn't made by GameFreak directly, does it constitute those games as full on canon now? It could be argued before since Pokemon from Colosseum for instance could be brought in Gen. 3, and now Gen. 6, and if my memory serves me right there was a ribbon created in Colosseum that still exists in the main series. Almia is listed as a caught location in Gen. 4 games if you bring in Darkrai from Ranger (I believe, never played those games). I guess it's safe to say that the Ranger/Colosseum storylines fully exist in the main series now? What do you think?
    Can't think of anything witty to write here.

I don't think so because they aren't mentioned in any main series game
    FC: 3711-9176-7509
    IGN: Creyk

For the reason you're mentioning, no. Serebii's Pokearth was put in the game as an Easter egg, and Easter eggs in most video games are not considered canon. Besides, if you start to think about it, the relative locations of the regions on Serebii's Pokearth cannot be correct, so it's not a canon map to begin with.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, insights into Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    For the reason you're mentioning, no. Serebii's Pokearth was put in the game as an Easter egg, and Easter eggs in most video games are not considered canon. Besides, if you start to think about it, the relative locations of the regions on Serebii's Pokearth cannot be correct, so it's not a canon map to begin with.
    It's not explicitly stated to be an easter egg.
    Can't think of anything witty to write here.

Quote Originally Posted by alexnaveira View Post
    It's not explicitly stated to be an easter egg.
    What else could it be though? If they meant for it to be a canon map of the Pokemon world, then it would have been featured more prominently. And once again, it is not an accurate map of the Pokemon world anyways, so it can't be canon. Not to mention, Easter eggs are normally just thrown in without any explanation or indication of what is it, so it wouldn't be explicitly stated to be an Easter egg.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, insights into Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.