Thread: How old is too old?

Default How old is too old?

I'm 15 years old right now, and a LOT of people have been telling me that I'm too old to play Pokemon and that I should start playing other games.

While I've been interested in other games to play, I still like the concept that I can play the game that I've been playing for many years.

So how old is too old?

I mean, some of the people who play Pokemon on YouTube are quite old (a few years older than me), but they're not being told that hey are too old, and the VGC Masters Tournament has people who are older than 30!
    Below is my ORAS team.
    ORAS IGN: Chiny

I also play Showdown, in which I have the exact same team.

It's all about who you're around amd how they view things. Some parents and friends view Pokemon as childish, but, being 17, my parents didn't care as I was around it so much when I was younger, that my parents really didn't care that I kept doing it. I can assure you that you aren't alone so if you want to keep playing Pokemon no one has the power to make you stop.

You are never too old to do anything. Do what you like as long as you don't hurt anybody. If you like Pokemon, play it. If you don't, don't.

Btw, next time you should use this thread.

If you're playing your GBA, or Nintendo 3DS, or even GameBoy or whatever handheld you're using, and it is complicating your chronic medical condition, and your medical professional is advising you to stop using your fine motor skills with such severity, then you're probably too old for Pokemon. You're also likely too old for a lot of other things.

No one is ever too old for Pokemon. I've been wanting the franchise to go in a more mature direction in recent years, with a second anime series and some spin-off games aimed specifically at older Pokemon fans. There's a lot of Pokemon fan fiction on the web that is not meant for young readers either.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    Though I die, La Resistance lives on

Doesn't matter so long as you enjoy yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    No one is ever too old for Pokemon. I've been wanting the franchise to go in a more mature direction in recent years, with a second anime series and some spin-off games aimed specifically at older Pokemon fans. There's a lot of Pokemon fan fiction on the web that is not meant for young readers either.
    ^Would love Pokemon becoming more mature. It's interesting the different things I want to see out of the show and game today versus what I wanted in the 90's.

Regarding the question though, I see no reason to kill my inner child simply because society tells me I should.
    Top Five Favorite Beatles tunes(in no particular order because they're all awesome and the mere premise of this list is ridiculous)
    All My Loving
    Hey Jude
    Let It Be
    In My Life
    Yesterday

Misty is awesome; have whatever opinion you please, but I will not entertain otherwise.
    Friend me! 0903-3444-0171

I don't see why people care what you do lol.

Do what you enjoy doing, when I was in Highschool no one cared what anyone did so as long as they weren't open about it.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Baking Soda I got Baking Soda

who cares what someone else says

There's no such thing as 'too old to like Pokemon'.
    No one has the right to choose your hobbies for you.

Claimed by me!

You're too old to post silly threads.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |