Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

7 13.73%
  • NO!

1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 875 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery Dragon Fang View Post
    First post brought this question back into my mind.

Why the hell is Flying super effective against Grass? It may be just me, but I don't quite get the logic there...
    Well I always thought it was because plants is doomed to be on the ground, because of the roots and birds can easly attack them or just remove them from the ground and fly around with them, so they can't use their roots.

Default Finding Pokemon toys at a reasonable price

Like many Pokemon fans, I'm almost always on the lookout for new toys for my Pokemon collection...however, I find most of them are pretty well out of my budget. And I don't care how much I like a Pokemon, I'm not spending fifty dollars on a toy likeness of it.

However, I often do a little customizing of my Pokemon toys, so I'm totally content even with buying bootlegs and factory defects that don't look too horrible. I hope it's okay to ask about this since I did not see anything saying I couldn't.

I usually look on eBay, but honestly, I hate fighting with people as far as bidding and I refuse to pay some of the prices the bootleg toys climb to from other bids. Does anyone here know of a place where I can get cheap Pokemon plush toys (like a legitimate wholesaler, maybe)?

I do know that bootlegs are often on eBay for very cheap-- auctions starting at 99 cents and generally collectors stay away from them so you won't get much competition. I don't like bootlegs myself, and I think it's bad practice to buy them, but I can't stop you.

Have you considered making your own Pokedolls? If you like figures, you could even try your hand at making your own with Sculpey. If you're not picky about it being legitimate, something you make yourself is going to be much more personally valuable than a bootleg, and it'll be cheaper, too.
    X team: Chespin, Goomy, Amaura, Skiddo, Spritzee, Espurr!

How do you catch a feebas on platinum? I know where to catch it i just dont know how, do you need to use surf or use a rod? If you need the super rod how do you get that? I've been trying to find one for a while but i cant.

Collectors may stay away, but I've noticed that even somewhat unpopular characters in bootleg toy form get several bids. Also, while I do know how to make my own plush toys, I am a bit reluctant to make my own and then customize it further because I wouldn't want to screw up, thus ruining all the work.

And I've worked with Scupley before...I find it to be way, way too delicate to be used realistically. But thanks very much for the advice and suggestions you have offered; much appreciated.

Thanks, I try. I tend to buy legitimate Pokemon dolls even if they're expensive, but at the same time I do like making my own stuff if I can't find what I'm looking for.

This is a Mawile plush I made quite a while ago, which turned out to be approximately "life size," out of fleece:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...g/PICT0769.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...g/PICT0765.jpg

And, as a bonus, the Wobbuffet and Wynaut Easter eggs I made one year. X3

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...g/PICT0636.jpg
    X team: Chespin, Goomy, Amaura, Skiddo, Spritzee, Espurr!

Quote Originally Posted by kieran_the_krill View Post
    How do you catch a feebas on platinum? I know where to catch it i just dont know how, do you need to use surf or use a rod? If you need the super rod how do you get that? I've been trying to find one for a while but i cant.
    You have to use a rod, any rod you like at the large pond in mt Coronet, the big deal is that you have to check many of the tiles(it is only Febas' in 4 of them and the tiles change each day. Feebas have 35% chance to appear so you have to use the rod three times on each tile to find it(or just with pure luck the way I did in Ruby, I din't have a clue about the tiles, but found it after hours of trying)

Why doesn't Flygon have the ability sand stream? Clearly it has more ability to create a sanstorm with its wings than Tyranitar does.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery Dragon Fang View Post
    First post brought this question back into my mind.

Why the hell is Flying super effective against Grass? It may be just me, but I don't quite get the logic there...
    Plants are dominated by bugs, and bugs are dominated by birds. And since the Bug type is strong against Grass type and Flying type is strong against Bug type, it only makes sense that Flying type would be strong against Grass type.
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

Quote Originally Posted by Hound Of Doom View Post
    Why doesn't Flygon have the ability sand stream? Clearly it has more ability to create a sanstorm with its wings than Tyranitar does.
    Because the game designers made it so.

Quote Originally Posted by Hound Of Doom View Post
    Well it had been even more strange if it hadn't leviate, a Flygon that can't use it's wings, is far more strange.

However they did that to Bronzong, some of them can leviate over the ground, and the other must,, well use their arms to move or something, idk. But Bronzong have a good reason to it's secondary abillity, just read the origin of spieces on Bulbapedia.

Question Pokemon without "Super Effective" weakness

Greetings!

Yes, this is my first time posting here, and for a pressing matter at that!

Disclaimer: I am knowledgeable in Pokemon, but I want other opinions, without mine initially.

I am curious to know what Pokemon that do not have a "Super Effective" weakness.

If you could elaborate on what Pokemon that are not afflicted with a "Super Effective" weakness, and a general discussion on said Pokemon, I would be most grateful!

(I have a trouble matter I need information on, and this is the only way I see fit to do so.)
    Last edited by Iyashii; 9th August 2010 at 2:14 PM. Reason: Typo

Sableye and Spiritomb.

The only ones who does not have a weakness is Sableye and Spiritomb because their Dark/Ghost combo, but I didn't quite get the point of this thread.

Spiritomb and Sableye
    Ash nazg durbatulűk, ash nazg gimbatul,
    ash nazg thrakatulűk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuma
    No morals for you evolutionists.
    Please avoid saying things like that.

The Ghost/Dark combination is the only type combination with no weaknesses. This typing is shared by Sableye and Spiritomb.
    While Sableye is almost utterly useless with only 75 attack and 50 spd, Spiritomb does have some use with decent attack stats and good defensive stats despite its abysmal speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

The point of this thread to fuel my utterly useless need for information.

I am aware of everything I asked in my initial post.
    The only difference is, I've only ever heard people talk of Spirit Bomb.

This was very troubling for myself, since I adore Sableye.

Upon discussion these matters with my Girlfriend last week, she was awestruck at seeing another Pokemon that has the Ghost/Dark Type.
    Well Dark/Ghost in Sableye's manner.

And it was the same for here.
    Anytime when she would discuss matters of Pokemon, the only Pokemon ever mentioned of having no weaknesses was Spirit Tomb, so I decided to see exactly why.

This is because Sableye was from Generation 2 while Spirit Tomb was from Generation 3, if I'm not mistaken on my Generations.

We could not fathom why only Spirit Bomb get's talked in regards to this matter, when Sableye was there before Spirit Bomb.

Does anybody have any reasoning for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Iyashii View Post
    The point of this thread to fuel my utterly useless need for information.

I am aware of everything I asked in my initial post.
    The only difference is, I've only ever heard people talk of Spirit Bomb.

This was very troubling for myself, since I adore Sableye.

Upon discussion these matters with my Girlfriend last week, she was awestruck at seeing another Pokemon that has the Ghost/Dark Type.
    Well Dark/Ghost in Sableye's manner.

And it was the same for here.
    Anytime when she would discuss matters of Pokemon, the only Pokemon ever mentioned of having no weaknesses was Spirit Tomb, so I decided to see exactly why.

This is because Sableye was from Generation 2 while Spirit Tomb was from Generation 3, if I'm not mistaken on my Generations.

We could not fathom why only Spirit Bomb get's talked in regards to this matter, when Sableye was there before Spirit Bomb.

Does anybody have any reasoning for this?
    first of all, it's Spiritomb, not Spirit Bomb. second, Sableye was from Gen 3 and Spiritomb is from 4

That thar Mudkip dun hav no weakes so iv herd

Rofl

Firstly yes, I realize that now.
    Seems my ability to type is faster than my ability to think.
    (Spirit Bomb from to much DBZ over the years lol?)

And yes, I thought I had my Generations mixed up.

But the point of my last post still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Upyourarsenal View Post
    That thar Mudkip dun hav no weakes so iv herd
    Grass lol?

Grass>Water
    Grass>Ground

Mudkip is horribly weak against Grass.

And speaking of which, Bug moves against a Dark/Ghost & Ghost/Dark are a 1.5x multiplier.
    Last edited by Profesco; 9th August 2010 at 11:33 PM.

Dark is weak to Bug but Ghost resists it, the two types cancel out eachother making Bugs effectiveness 1x and not 1.5x
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyashii View Post
    Grass lol?

Grass>Water
    Grass>Ground

Mudkip is horribly weak against Grass.

And speaking of which, Bug moves against a Dark/Ghost & Ghost/Dark are a 1.5x multiplier.
    there's no such thing as X1.5 multiplier. theres x0, x1/4, x1/2, x1, x2 and x4. and no, bug isn't super effective against either of those

Actually, it is possible for Spiritomb and Sableye to be hit by a super-effective move.

From Bulbapedia:
    When [Foresight] is used on Spiritomb or Sableye, they can be hit by a super-effective [Fighting-type] move due to the Ghost-type's immunity normally masking a Dark-type weakness.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

The wiki I founded: Press Start

The only reason why spiritomb gets mentioned more often than sableye is because spiritomb is competetively viable, even in OU, while sableye's stats and movepool leave lots to desire, which makes it hard to use in even lower tiers.
    First, when players wish to exchange their winnings, they must call a parlor staff member by using the call button located at the top of the machine they used. The staff member will then carry the player's balls to an automated counter to verify how many they have.

Bug is very effective against Dark, which would be 2x
    Bug is not very effective against Ghost, which is .5x

Therefor it would be 1.5x, would it not?

EDIT: BLeck, these forums load slow.

I can't see how Spiritomb would be favoured, that's prob my preference to speed talking, though.

And isn't Recover a move people like?
    Perhaps not if Sableye doesn't look viable even with that.
    Last edited by Iyashii; 9th August 2010 at 4:29 PM.

Page 2 of 875 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast