View Poll Results: No

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

7 13.73%
  • NO!

1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 595 of 876 FirstFirst ... 495545585591592593594595596597598599605645695 ... LastLast
Results 14,851 to 14,875 of 21895

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Astrint View Post
    How do you tell the difference between a beneficial nature and a hindering nature? i think i know a neutral one is those that don't up/lower any stats.. right?
    you can look at it online, or, if you look at the stats, the hindered one will be slightly blue while the beneficial one will be red(only for HGSS and gen 5).

Credit to FrozenConstellation

Quote Originally Posted by WillieNelson View Post
    you can look at it online, or, if you look at the stats, the hindered one will be slightly blue while the beneficial one will be red(only for HGSS and gen 5).
    ok, I've known about that but is the beneficial/neutral/hindering list for the pokemon on serebii as a line or is it listed as a "do your homework and find out" type of thing?
    My 3ds fc is 5214-9760-7012

IGN: R0dium

In My Safari: Noibat, Fraxure, Druddigon

Pm me with yours so we can be friends ^^

^Drawn By Astrint^

Quote Originally Posted by Astrint View Post
    ok, I've known about that but is the beneficial/neutral/hindering list for the pokemon on serebii as a line or is it listed as a "do your homework and find out" type of thing?
    I'm not sure if Serebii has one, but Smogon does. http://www.smogon.com/bw/natures/
    I'll put something here...eventually

i think i confused you guys by being confused myself >.> but i think i figured it out.

at the bottom of each individual pokemon page, they list the stats by Hindering nature, Neutral nature, and Beneficial nature. Hp is constant and then the rest are adjusted going by nature changes. But it doesn't say which nature does what, it just lists the stat according to the bonus or cost of the general effect of the natures.

That is my theory at least.
    My 3ds fc is 5214-9760-7012

IGN: R0dium

In My Safari: Noibat, Fraxure, Druddigon

Pm me with yours so we can be friends ^^

^Drawn By Astrint^

Is it possible to find 2 shinies in one encounter while walking in double grass?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    It wasn't shiny in B/W, why would it suddenly turn into a shiny in B/W 2?
    I was under the impresion that the two dragons couldn't be shiny because of a glitch or oversight by the game makers, so I assumed it would be fixed in B/W 2. What I hadn't realized was that..
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Any number of Legendaries over the years, in-game and event, have had shiny locks on them. That the shiny sprites exist for these critters is a simple matter of programming necessity.
    ..this was the case. As far as I was aware, Zekrom, Reshiram & Victini are the only pokemon you can catch that can't be shiny (what other ones are there?). So, now I'm left wondering why they wouldn't allow those 3 to be shiny. I'm guessing it has something to do with the story in the movie/show, but I have no idea.
    Last edited by PsychicPsycho; 11th October 2012 at 9:24 AM.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    As far as I was aware, Zekrom, Reshiram & Victini are the only pokemon you can catch that can't be shiny (what other ones are there?).
    Celebi and Arceus can't be legally shiny as well.
    Last edited by SS_Append; 11th October 2012 at 2:48 PM.

ah , what an unsightly existence ! / illustration : cyawa

Quote Originally Posted by scraftyscrafty View Post
    Celebi and Arceus can't be legally shiny as well.
    My understanding is that Celebi can be shiny when obtained from the japanese Pokemon Colloseum bonus disc. Also, is Arceus actually locked as un-shiny? Like if you hacked the Azure Flute, then attempted to catch it, could it be shiny?
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

..this was the case. As far as I was aware, Zekrom, Reshiram & Victini are the only pokemon you can catch that can't be shiny (what other ones are there?). So, now I'm left wondering why they wouldn't allow those 3 to be shiny. I'm guessing it has something to do with the story in the movie/show, but I have no idea.
    IIRC, someone once said on the B2W2 forum that it's because they wanted the dragons to be always the same color as in the cutscenes. Not sure about Victini.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

My understanding is that Celebi can be shiny when obtained from the japanese Pokemon Colloseum bonus disc.
    That was disproved by the RNG Researchers at Smogon who looked into the game's coding and found that the bonus disc skipped shiny spreads.

Also, is Arceus actually locked as un-shiny? Like if you hacked the Azure Flute, then attempted to catch it, could it be shiny?
    Like I said, not legally.
    Last edited by SS_Append; 11th October 2012 at 2:49 PM.

That was disproved by the RNG Researchers at Smogon who looked into the game's coding and found that the bonus disc skipped shiny spreads.
    Is the same true for the Jirachi from the bonus disc?
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    Is the same true for the Jirachi from the bonus disc?
    No, bonus disc Jirachi can still be shiny.

Hey, I just got a thing with a salac berry off the GTS.

Are they actually legal in 5th gen yet? I haven't been keeping up.
    Will-Powered Spriter

Is it possible to find 2 shinies in one encounter while walking in double grass?
    Yes, it is. Why wouldn't it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    Hey, I just got a thing with a salac berry off the GTS.

Are they actually legal in 5th gen yet? I haven't been keeping up.
    Salac Berries can be bought from the florist on Join Avenue in BW2. I'm not sure if they've been released via other methods.

Default Zoroark Frozen Bug fixed YET?

Hey guys, something REALLY important just popped into my head.

Is the Zoroark Frozen Bug fixed in the international versions of B2W2 or not?

http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.com/20...kemon-bw2.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    IIRC, someone once said on the B2W2 forum that it's because they wanted the dragons to be always the same color as in the cutscenes. Not sure about Victini.
    Hmmm...that would be weird, if it was true. For stationary legendaries, they don't change the color during the game, only when you're in battle with it. I'd've thought they'd follow the same philosophy for B/W cutscenes.
    Like I said, not legally.
    That's not really I'm wondering. In the coding of the game, like you mentioned in the first part of your post, would Arceus be allowed to be shiny? Like if the flute had been released, would the coding allow a shiny Arceus to be caught?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Yes, it is. Why wouldn't it be?
    It'd be such a slap in the face to the gamer, I didn't know if they'd prevent it from happening. It'd be like, 'hey look here's 2 shiny pokemon, but you have to knock one out. HAHAHA!!!'

Anyway, when encountering 2 pokemon in doubles grass, is the change of one of them being shiny effectively doubled?

That's not really I'm wondering. In the coding of the game, like you mentioned in the first part of your post, would Arceus be allowed to be shiny? Like if the flute had been released, would the coding allow a shiny Arceus to be caught?
    Iirc, yes. Just like how Newmoon Darkrai and Flower Paradise Shaymin can be shiny too.

Like if the flute had been released, would the coding allow a shiny Arceus to be caught?
    Even if the flute is just hacked in, the Arceus should be able to shine. There's no shiny lock for it.

It'd be such a slap in the face to the gamer, I didn't know if they'd prevent it from happening. It'd be like, 'hey look here's 2 shiny pokemon, but you have to knock one out. HAHAHA!!!'
    That actually happened to someone in the shiny thread. No, not me

Anyway, when encountering 2 pokemon in doubles grass, is the change of one of them being shiny effectively doubled?
    I know that each Pokemon's shiny chance is calculated separately, but I'm bad at math, so I'm not sure about the exact amount, but I'm sure it is certainly isn't doubled.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

If I were to trade a Japanese Not Fully Evolved Pokemon to an English game and evolve it, will it keep the Japanese name or will it become English?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirisame Marisa View Post
    If I were to trade a Japanese Not Fully Evolved Pokemon to an English game and evolve it, will it keep the Japanese name or will it become English?
    It'll become English/ localise according to your game's language, unless the Poké is already NNed in Japanese.

Why the hell is there not ONE site on earth that can answer this simple question????

In black/white 2, can you connect and trade pokemon with B/W before beating the game?

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by Luann View Post
    Why the hell is there not ONE site on earth that can answer this simple question????

In black/white 2, can you connect and trade pokemon with B/W before beating the game?
    Yes you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Luann View Post

If the two games fall under the same generation, it is possible. But if it was with something like DPPt or HGSS, nope.

So yes for your situation.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    If the two games fall under the same generation, it is possible. But if it was with something like DPPt or HGSS, nope.

So yes for your situation.
    Hurray and thanks, also to dirkac

Spoiler:- Credits:

Hi,
    I am new t the whole competitive battling and I am training my pokemon (just started the game) and was wondering: exactly when is the best time to evolve my pokemon? I have a level 34 cyndiquil.
    Thank you!!!
    P.O.S.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by waroflove616 View Post
    Hi,
    I am new t the whole competitive battling and I am training my pokemon (just started the game) and was wondering: exactly when is the best time to evolve my pokemon? I have a level 34 cyndiquil.
    Thank you!!!
    P.O.S.
    John
    You can evolve your pokemon at any time. There's no effect in evolving pokemon while competitively training it aside from that fact that it's stats grow significantly afterwards.

Hope that helped.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Page 595 of 876 FirstFirst ... 495545585591592593594595596597598599605645695 ... LastLast