View Poll Results: No

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

7 13.73%
  • NO!

1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 637 of 874 FirstFirst ... 537587627633634635636637638639640641647687737 ... LastLast
Results 15,901 to 15,925 of 21832

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Yes (sort of). It would be region locked, as all 3DS systems are, though it would have nothing to do with the NTSC/PAL divide.
    It couldn't play an American game, right? That's all that really matters I guess.

By the way, not to be the stereotypical butthurt American, but why was the UK of all places the only place outside of Japan to get it? Seems like an arbitrary decision without knowing the context (if there is any).

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    It's a hold item; it works all the time.
    That isn't what he was asking, you really should read the question carefully.

He was asking if the Red Card is a one used item, which it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    It couldn't play an American game, right? That's all that really matters I guess.

By the way, not to be the stereotypical butthurt American, but why was the UK of all places the only place outside of Japan to get it? Seems like an arbitrary decision without knowing the context (if there is any).
    You foolishly seem to believe that the UK was the only place that got the Pikachu 3DS XL when it was actually was release for the whole of the European region, which the UK is a part of.

Furthermore what does it matter if the UK got Pikachu 3DS XL, do you have something against the British or something?

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

(I posted an identical post in the Black and White Help, I thought maybe I would get more of a variety of responses here. I apologize if I am posting in the wrong places.)

Hi, not sure if I'm posting in the right place as this is my first post here on SerebiiForums, but here it goes.

First, I should probably tell you what my current team as well as Pokemon stored in my PC as it is relevant to my question:
    Team: Servine lv. 19, Tranquill lv. 22, Blitzle lv. 16, Roggenrola lv. 20, Panpour lv. 13, Pansear lv. 15
    PC Pokemon: Audino lv. 15, Pansage lv. 15, Tympole lv. 13, Lillipup lv. 14, Munna lv. 16, Throh lv. 19

When I first got the Hidden Move: Cut I must have taught it to one of my Pokemon and then set it free because I can't find it anywhere in my PC or Team. I could have swore I taught it to Lillipup though... Anyway, my question is, I don't know what Pokemon I should teach this move to, as HMs are hard to forget. I had only just got my third gym badge, I haven't even left Castelia yet, so I'm not that far in the game, and yes this is my first playthrough. I don't want to ruin the balance of my team and regret using the HM later. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Also if you have any suggestions for my team it would be great!

--
    Oreo
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code; 4210 5213 4326
    Pokemon White Friend Code; 4471 0028 9938

Deino says hello!~

You could just get a HM Slave for the time you need to use the HM, then put it back in the PC when you don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    You could just get a HM Slave for the time you need to use the HM, then put it back in the PC when you don't need it.
    What Pokemon would you suggest for an HM Slave?

Deino says hello!~

Anything that can learn the desired HM.

Can someone explain to me how I can get a female Larvitar with it Hidden Ability?

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerOreo View Post
    When I first got the Hidden Move: Cut I must have taught it to one of my Pokemon and then set it free because I can't find it anywhere in my PC or Team. I could have swore I taught it to Lillipup though... Anyway, my question is, I don't know what Pokemon I should teach this move to, as HMs are hard to forget. I had only just got my third gym badge, I haven't even left Castelia yet, so I'm not that far in the game, and yes this is my first playthrough. I don't want to ruin the balance of my team and regret using the HM later. Any help would be highly appreciated.
    Cut isn't required after you use it to access the Dreamyard. So don't teach anyone that horrible move.

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

^ Best post ever.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Can someone explain to me how I can get a female Larvitar with it Hidden Ability?
    Get one through the Dream World (they're found in Rugged Mountain, iirc). If you don't have DW access, you can trade with someone on the forums, or try the GTS if you're feeling lucky.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

That can't be the only place with a tree to cut down. Items are usually hidden behind trees.

Deino says hello!~

That can't be the only place with a tree to cut down. Items are usually hidden behind trees.
    So take the Pokemon that knows Cut, and Cut down the tree, then ditch it again.

From the Dream World area Rugged Mountain.

It's the only place where Cut is required to advance, so you can always return to the other locations at a later time.
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 9th January 2013 at 7:35 PM.

There are only three 3 places in the entire Unova region where you need cut.

-To gain access to the Dreamyard.
    -Route 2
    - Route 13 which is post game in Black and White.

That's how useless cut is as a HM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    From the Dream World area Rugged Mountain.
    OK now here comes the next part of my question.

How exactly do I use the Dream World?

^ Best post ever.

OK now here comes the next part of my question.

How exactly do I use the Dream World?
    1. Go to the Pokemon Global Link website.

2. Register a username, along with your Game Sync ID that can be found in-game at the start menu.

3. Have a Pokemon sleep using the Online button on your C-gear.

4. Access the Dream World from the Global Link website.

You foolishly seem to believe that the UK was the only place that got the Pikachu 3DS XL when it was actually was release for the whole of the European region, which the UK is a part of.
    Well, I suppose it's "foolish" insofar as I didn't know the answer to my question before I asked it, yes. However, if you believe that, all questions are "foolish."

Furthermore what does it matter if the UK got Pikachu 3DS XL, do you have something against the British or something?
    I can see my exaggerated attempt at being impartial worked spectacularly. It matters to me as an individual because I'm not from Europe or Japan and I'd like to purchase one, but since I didn't know if I could, I thought I'd ask. Furthermore, since, again, to my knowledge, sorry if I'm not completely informed about something I'm openly asking about, I had thought that Operation Pika was an American-based movement, which is why NoA's response confused many people.

Regarding bloks in the HGSS safari: If I place them gradually- I place X of them at first [for I've already placed a decent amount of the latter and I can't place the rest of another desired amount of bloks to trigger another pokemon to come], and then once I've caught the first poke to which I've waited to come I place the rest of the bloks to trigger the second one, do I have to wait less than what I was originally supposed to because that some bloks had already been placed in its area or I shall still wait the whole period?

Lightbulb Theory regarding Everstone and Breeding

I know that if a pokemon holds everstone its nature will get passed down, however does it happen to its characteristic as well? I recently have been breeding aipoms, and the father holds the everstone and it has the characteristic of Alert to Sounds. So far I have bred 21 eggs, out of the 21 eggs 13 of them came out with the same characteristic, which accounts for more than 50%. So does holding Everstone increases the chances of passing down the same characteristic as well?

White 2 FC: 4986 3698 5015

Current W2 Team:

I'm playing Pokemon Emerald and I am hoping for an answer on a question about Latias and Latios: Can you get them both or do you have to chose one?

Quote Originally Posted by SparklingLeaf View Post
    I'm playing Pokemon Emerald and I am hoping for an answer on a question about Latias and Latios: Can you get them both or do you have to chose one?
    Only one, unless, of course, I'm an idiot...which is possible.

My ultimate want is an uncloned shiny jirachi, if you have one, please tell me so I'm always extremely interested in other uncloned shiny event pokemon/shinies in general, so PM me if you want to trade

Trading Friends of Mine:
    SmeargleRock's Trade Shop
    Rayce's Trade Booth
    KiltedTrainer and Miss Wolveram's Trade Boutique[/CENTER] <-Yes, that is an unneeded center ending command. My signature wouldn't feel the same without it.

Anatidaephobia; it's a real thing. Trust me, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by SparklingLeaf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pacack825 View Post
    Only one, unless, of course, I'm an idiot...which is possible.
    This is correct, it's only one. After beating the E4 in Ruby, you come downstairs and the news report talks about a blue Pokemon, Latios. In Sapphire, the news report talks about a red Pokemon, Latias. In Emerald however, you just miss the tail end of the report and your mother asks you if you happened to hear what color they said. You can then pick whichever color you want (much like the sequence where you name your gen 2 rival) and it becomes true, mimicking either Ruby or Sapphire from there on in that regard.

This is correct, it's only one. After beating the E4 in Ruby, you come downstairs and the news report talks about a blue Pokemon, Latios. In Sapphire, the news report talks about a red Pokemon, Latias. In Emerald however, you just miss the tail end of the report and your mother asks you if you happened to hear what color they said. You can then pick whichever color you want (much like the sequence where you name your gen 2 rival) and it becomes true, mimicking either Ruby or Sapphire from there on in that regard.
    While this is mostly correct, if have the Eon Ticket, you can travel to Southern Island and catch the other Lati. The only way to obtain the ticket in Emerald (and in the present day) is by mixing records with a game that has already received it. It's possible, but highly unrealistic nowadays.

That's what I thought, I just haven't played the game in forever.

My ultimate want is an uncloned shiny jirachi, if you have one, please tell me so I'm always extremely interested in other uncloned shiny event pokemon/shinies in general, so PM me if you want to trade

Trading Friends of Mine:
    SmeargleRock's Trade Shop
    Rayce's Trade Booth
    KiltedTrainer and Miss Wolveram's Trade Boutique[/CENTER] <-Yes, that is an unneeded center ending command. My signature wouldn't feel the same without it.

Anatidaephobia; it's a real thing. Trust me, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by guyy94 View Post
    I know that if a pokemon holds everstone its nature will get passed down, however does it happen to its characteristic as well? I recently have been breeding aipoms, and the father holds the everstone and it has the characteristic of Alert to Sounds. So far I have bred 21 eggs, out of the 21 eggs 13 of them came out with the same characteristic, which accounts for more than 50%. So does holding Everstone increases the chances of passing down the same characteristic as well?
    As far as I know the Everstone only affects natures, what you just experienced is the game passing on the parent's IVs. For further clarification, the characteristics that you see in a Pokemon is to display the Pokemon's highest IV in a stat. Additionally, when breeding, the Game randomly 3 selects the IVs from 2 parents. It appears that you were lucky because more than 50% of the time, the Speed IVs was passed on as the dominant IV.

Merged with the Questions thread in GPD.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

I'm wondering, are there any pokémon that aren't available in the gen 4 & 5 series? Only in Gen 3? (Leafgreen, Firered, Sapphire, Ruby & Emerald?)

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    I'm wondering, are there any pokémon that aren't available in the gen 4 & 5 series? Only in Gen 3? (Leafgreen, Firered, Sapphire, Ruby & Emerald?)
    You can get any Pokémon you want in Generation IV and V via Pal Park and Poké Transfer, but as far as I know you can't get Jirachi and Deoxys without transferring in Generation IV and V.
    Click on these Pokémon to make them happy and healthy!:

Spoiler:- Credits:

Pokémon Red Water-monotype challenge team:

Pokémon Emerald Water-monotype challenge team:
    Pokémon Fire Red Nuzlocke challenge team:

Page 637 of 874 FirstFirst ... 537587627633634635636637638639640641647687737 ... LastLast