View Poll Results: No

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

7 13.73%
  • NO!

1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 639 of 860 FirstFirst ... 539589629635636637638639640641642643649689739 ... LastLast
Results 15,951 to 15,975 of 21493

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

Default Metagros nature

Hey guys I am forming a new pokemon team and I need to know something
    First, is metagros able to breed?
    Second, if the first question is yes please ignore this one
    If i have a metagros that boost sp defense and lowers normal attack, is it worth?

Metagross can breed, but only with ditto. This applies to all non-legendary genderless pokemon, like Electrode.

No, Metragross's highest stat is attack, and it's best to take advantage of it. Either use all physical attacks with an adamant or brave nature, or go for both physical and special with a brave or quiet nature.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Actually, there are three Gen 3 Pokémon and one Gen 4 requires Trading or transferring to caught in 4th Gen game.

However, these 4 Pokemon are in BW2, and you'll need some unique Trading: http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/unovalink.shtml

In all the games that offer it, Regigias won't "appear" unless you have Regirock, Regice & Registeel in your party.

The issue is that in Diamond and Pearl, that Regirock, Regice & Registeel needs to be transferred from a 3rd Gen game. Platinum allows you to catch all of as long as you've got the event Regigias, which you can trade for. http://www.serebii.net/platinum/regigigas.shtml

Well, Jirachi and Deoxys where given out for events in the 4th Gen, but both are over now.

I'm not sure if Phione is counted in as an Event Pokémon, but there are three ways to obtain it. Trading, Pokémon Ranger games with any 4th Gen game, and Breeding that Manaphy, and My Pokémon Ranch with Diamond or Pearl.

Anyway, I'm trying to work out which Pokémon can change their Formes in a battle. Ditto, Mew and Smergle via Transform and Zorua & Zorark via Illusion. Castform due to weather. Cherrim is due to Sunny day effects. Gratina (item) and Shaymin (sky to Land via status) and Zen Mode Darmanitan, Arceus (items) and Meloetta. Am I missing anyone?

Deoyxs is not counted since you can not change it's form on in battle.
    Thanks, I'm glad to know that I can get all pokémon :3

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

Quote Originally Posted by Jungo View Post
    Hey guys I am forming a new pokemon team and I need to know something
    First, is metagros able to breed?
    With Ditto, yes.

also lol @ the previous page arguing about how to play in-game

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Honestly, I've completed most of my playthroughs with 5 Pokemon, and spread them out through the course of the main playthrough. For example, in BW2 I had Oshawott and Lucario with me right from pre-Cheren. I added a Trapinch from Desert Resort, a Solosis from Route 16, and only got Eelektrik while in Seaside Cave. I usually find that this gives me a better selection of Pokemon and also lets me focus on the early-game without spreading my efforts too thinly. I, for one, am not a fan of grinding especially in the main part of a game.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

Is the maximum length of a nickname in BW2 still ten characters? I haven't started either of them yet. I'm planning a team and I'm not sure if a nickname I have in mind would be too long.

Ten characters is still the limit for any sort of Pokémon name, default or otherwise.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I'm in the middle of my first MM'ing process. I wonder whether I stop the frequence of the breeding and start breeding other pokes [two same-language pokes this time] the streak of my current eggrun would be reset or anything and then I'll have to start it all over again?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodflowers View Post
    I'm in the middle of my first MM'ing process. I wonder whether I stop the frequence of the breeding and start breeding other pokes [two same-language pokes this time] the streak of my current eggrun would be reset or anything and then I'll have to start it all over again?
    No; it's all down to chance. Each individual egg has a 1/1366 chance of being shiny when taking advantage of the Masuda Method. Turning off your game or participating in other activities won't affect this chance.

Hey I have a question about passing down moves through breeding. I'm trying to get my Aipom to learn u-turn, fake out, and pursuit. I was able to get my aipom to learn u-turn, and fake out but how do i get it to learn pursuit? I was only able to get it to learn pursuit separately, and not along with fake out and uturn

White 2 FC: 4986 3698 5015

Current W2 Team:

Quote Originally Posted by guyy94 View Post
    Hey I have a question about passing down moves through breeding. I'm trying to get my Aipom to learn u-turn, fake out, and pursuit. I was able to get my aipom to learn u-turn, and fake out but how do i get it to learn pursuit? I was only able to get it to learn pursuit separately, and not along with fake out and uturn
    Get a male Purrloin or Liepard on BW2 (not BW1), teach it Pursuit and Fake Out via level-up (Pursuit comes at Lv. 15, Fake Out is Lv. 21 for Purrloin and Lv. 22 for Liepard), use the TM89 to teach it U-turn, then breed with female Aipom/Ambipom.

If you don't have BW2, you can get a Purrloin or Liepard with U-turn from someone who does and learn Pursuit and Fake Out via level-up/Move Relearner, or just get a male Smeargle and Sketch the three moves.

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months

I've been breeding Pokemon to use for some new playthroughs of Black 2 and White 2. One of the Pokemon I'm planning on breeding is Growlithe. However, I want it to know the egg move Morning Sun.

Now, the only parent that can breed the move onto Growlithe is Espeon. Espeon learns the move at level 33 in Black 2 and White 2, as opposed to level 71 in Black and White.

If I were to get an Espeon that learned the move in B2 or W2 at the earlier level, would it be able to pass the move down to Growlithe in B/W? I assume yes, but I just want to be certain before bothering to get it.
    Shinies: (x2)
    Shinies are Not For Trade
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dream World Females:     Spoiler:- Click:

Does the hgss safari allows one to put up to 30 bloks in total or one can place up to 30 ones in each area?

Quote Originally Posted by ZombifiedHorror1031 View Post
    I've been breeding Pokemon to use for some new playthroughs of Black 2 and White 2. One of the Pokemon I'm planning on breeding is Growlithe. However, I want it to know the egg move Morning Sun.

Now, the only parent that can breed the move onto Growlithe is Espeon. Espeon learns the move at level 33 in Black 2 and White 2, as opposed to level 71 in Black and White.

If I were to get an Espeon that learned the move in B2 or W2 at the earlier level, would it be able to pass the move down to Growlithe in B/W? I assume yes, but I just want to be certain before bothering to get it.
    It doesn't matter how a move was obtained or where it was obtained.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodflowers View Post
    Does the hgss safari allows one to put up to 30 bloks in total or one can place up to 30 ones in each area?
    Personal opinion: Don't bother. Safari Zone in Johto takes WAY too much effort. Ugh.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    It doesn't matter how a move was obtained or where it was obtained.

Personal opinion: Don't bother. Safari Zone in Johto takes WAY too much effort. Ugh.
    It does. but when you're outta wifi it's the only alternative you have
    Any answer?

You could tell me what Pokemon you're getting and you could probably find a minimum wage job, work that number of hours, and buy the game to the point where the Pokemon is easily obtainable, and still get it done before that Pokemon is available in the HGSS Safari Zone.

But in all seriousness, no. Sorry. Maybe try looking through/asking in the HGSS section of the forums?
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

ok, i got an idea for a team and i got a question (sorry if its confusing XD)
    If i send out a ninjask and raise a bunch of stats like speed, attack and evasiveness. then i use baton bass to send out medicham, and raise attack, defense etc. and i use batton pass again, does the 3rd pokemon get the stat boost from the ninjask?
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    ok, i got an idea for a team and i got a question (sorry if its confusing XD)
    If i send out a ninjask and raise a bunch of stats like speed, attack and evasiveness. then i use baton bass to send out medicham, and raise attack, defense etc. and i use batton pass again, does the 3rd pokemon get the stat boost from the ninjask?
    Yes, it does.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombifiedHorror1031 View Post
    Yes, it would work.

What's the base power of Return if the pokemon's happiness is maxed out? And if it has STAB?

Its power before STAB is 102.

When you have a Pokemon caught with a special HG/SS poke ball, and it transforms into a regular Pokemon in DPPt. Will the special Pokeball be recognized once you trade the Pokemon back to HGSS?

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    When you have a Pokemon caught with a special HG/SS poke ball, and it transforms into a regular Pokemon in DPPt. Will the special Pokeball be recognized once you trade the Pokemon back to HGSS?
    Yes, it would.

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    You could tell me what Pokemon you're getting and you could probably find a minimum wage job, work that number of hours, and buy the game to the point where the Pokemon is easily obtainable, and still get it done before that Pokemon is available in the HGSS Safari Zone.

But in all seriousness, no. Sorry. Maybe try looking through/asking in the HGSS section of the forums?
    Next time, when you've got nothing clever nor helpful to say, just shut it

If I find a wild pokemon holding an item (say a berry) and it uses that item, will it still be holding it when I catch it?

Page 639 of 860 FirstFirst ... 539589629635636637638639640641642643649689739 ... LastLast