View Poll Results: No

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

7 13.73%
  • NO!

1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 652 of 860 FirstFirst ... 552602642648649650651652653654655656662702752 ... LastLast
Results 16,276 to 16,300 of 21490

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

If you want to be more physical with attacks, I'd recommend Magmar. But Chanderlure has a massive Sp.attack stat. So that is good if you were to pick up a Litwick and evolve it.

Saaatoshi!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodflowers View Post
    Maybe i didn't express myself the best i could. I meant that i beat the whole sereies of a certain type (let's say dark) before battling her for example, could it negate the option that she'll have a pokemon of this type if i challenged her at the same streak?
    No, It's completley random what 3 pokemon she has. If you beat water, grass and fire completley for example, then she can still have 1 water, 1 grass and 1 fire pokemon. It makes no difference. You just got to hope that you get lucky and you can better her because she can have any of the 493 pokemon minus all the first and second evolution's. That answer your question?
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Well, judging on my own personal tastes, I'd say Lampent as it's my favourite Pokemon. ;P But, if speaking competitively, I'd go with Magmar, as it is stronger.

"i know how to use a sword!" - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

I love Litwick's line but Magmar has less weaknesses. Litwick also evolves late at 42. I have a Magmar in Black 2 and he's good! Can't wait until he's Magmortar though - especially since he can learn Thunderpunch. (Team doesn't have an electric Poke!)
    Trade Shop! 180+ IV bred pokemon!
    3DS FC: 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana

X/Y shiny count: 38

Spoiler:- BQ & Shiny Updates:

Hunting

Soon

I'd definately go with Magmar, as the other go said above, Magmar can evolve sooner, and he is much more competent without evolving as well.

And I'm not biased!
    I can smell u

Magmar will benefit your gameplay more!

Lampent, if you have a Dusk Stone. Chandelure is obscenely powerful.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)
    i spent 10 hours REing for a shiny metagross and now its an event

Magmar is better than lampent, but chandelure is better than magmortar, imo.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

If I remember correctly (off the top of my head), Magmar (or Magmortar at least) has insane Sp. Atk that Chandelure can't compare too. Chandelure is more well-rounded, though.
    - The whole Stallrein thing? He does it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel562 View Post
    If I remember correctly (off the top of my head), Magmar (or Magmortar at least) has insane Sp. Atk that Chandelure can't compare too. Chandelure is more well-rounded, though.
    Nope. Chandelure has 145 base special attack, while Magmortar has 125.

Go with Lampent, Chandelure is much better than Magmortar. The Secondary ghost type, higher special attack, and Flash Fire are all fantastic, and Magmortar can't compare in that respect.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Magmar is one of my personal favorites, so I would go with him, but it's your choice.
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    Your Pokemon can pass Pokerus throughout your team without the Pokemon receiving it ever battling, so this is normal.
    I don't think that is the point of the question. Lombre was Patient Zero. Before this Pokérus discovery, there were no other infections documented in my Pokémon, boxed, party, traded or otherwise.
    Everyone together! ˇ 大家聚合!ˇ Alles zusammen! ˇ 모두 함께! ˇ 一緒にみんな!

Source: Bulbapedia

White 2 - Drake - 2838 9377 2007
    3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:
    DWFs: PM for details.

Open GMT 1100-1600 on weekdays & GMT 0000-1600 on weekends.
    Important info may be given through voice chat during trades.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Magmortar looks kinnda freakish to me so id pick lampent but that's just me.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I think this place is as good as any for this question..

Black 2, Impish Lampent.

What's a good moveset for it? Or rather, should I evolve it to get the most out of it?

Black 2 FC:
    2452 4122 3003

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    No, It's completley random what 3 pokemon she has. If you beat water, grass and fire completley for example, then she can still have 1 water, 1 grass and 1 fire pokemon. It makes no difference. You just got to hope that you get lucky and you can better her because she can have any of the 493 pokemon minus all the first and second evolution's. That answer your question?
    Yes, more or less. What was that part that said that she had had three pokes? I've already battled her and she had had only one poke.

Personally I prefer Camerupt

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

Is there any reason why in the Dream World, obviously Chinese (PRC) accounts are marked as from JPN? I have made some Dream Pals and though their account names and their OT names clearly suggest a Chinese origin, all their accounts are marked as being from Japan instead.

I am a Chinese, albeit from Singapore, so I know what I am looking at. My own account is marked as SGP, if anyone wonders how my nationality is seen by outsiders.

3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum1024 View Post
    Is there any reason why in the Dream World, obviously Chinese (PRC) accounts are marked as from JPN? I have made some Dream Pals and though their account names and their OT names clearly suggest a Chinese origin, all their accounts are marked as being from Japan instead.

I am a Chinese, albeit from Singapore, so I know what I am looking at. My own account is marked as SGP, if anyone wonders how my nationality is seen by outsiders.
    They are probably playing a Japanese game. There is no official Chinese localization for Pokemon games. I'm sure they exist in the world of bootlegged media, which is common throughout Asia, but unofficial localizations of games wouldn't be able to connect to stuff like the Dream World.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum1024 View Post

There's no official Chinese game, so Chinese people plays with either English game or Japanese game.

If I recall correctly, if you play the Japanese game, your location in the Geonet is restricted into Japan, instead of being able to choose any country.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    There's no official Chinese game, so Chinese people plays with either English game or Japanese game.

If I recall correctly, if you play the Japanese game, your location in the Geonet is restricted into Japan, instead of being able to choose any country.
    Could be a possible reason. I would have tested it if I knew Japanese. Given that I don't see any PRC person having an English version yet, this might be the case.
    Last edited by Quantum1024; 3rd March 2013 at 8:48 AM.

3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:

Default "Slight" Base Stat Benefits of Not Evolving a Pokemon?

Hi I wanted to ask,
    if there is a list (or something other) somewhere on the Internet where you can see Pokemon that somehow benefit of not evolving in one or more of their base stats...

Examples:

Poliwhirl have more more Speed (90) than its evolutions (70)

or
    Swadloon have more Defense (90) and Special Defense (80) than its evolution Leavanny (80 and 70)

If there isn't a list, do you know some others? It's really hard to compare all the Pokemons base stats.. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Poliwhirl The Confused View Post
    Hi I wanted to ask,
    if there is a list (or something other) somewhere on the Internet where you can see Pokemon that somehow benefit of not evolving in one or more of their base stats...

Examples:

Poliwhirl have more more Speed (90) than its evolutions (70)

or
    Swadloon have more Defense (90) and Special Defense (80) than its evolution Leavanny (80 and 70)

If there isn't a list, do you know some others? It's really hard to compare all the Pokemons base stats.. ;D
    We have several 7 list built in to each Generation's Pokedex: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/ (You'll need to scroll down a bit.)

VeeKun has a Pokémon comparison "app" built in to his website, which is great at glance comparison of all the base stats of of your selected Pokémon. http://veekun.com/dex/gadgets/compare_pokemon
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Does anyone know how the IVs work for Black/White Kyurem? And actually, what happens to the EVs it has if it gets split or fused?

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Does anyone know how the IVs work for Black/White Kyurem? And actually, what happens to the EVs it has if it gets split or fused?
    Everything about Black/White Kyurem is based of Kyurem, so it's IVs, EVs, Nature, etc are from the Kyurem you use. If Black/White Kyurem gets EVs, it just goes to the Kyurem.

Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

If I take a Meloetta to the Cafe in Castelia City, relearn Relic Song, then have it forget the move via that move deleter, does the Cafe event repeat itself if Relic Song isn't part of Meloetta's moveset?

Living Pokedex Completion: 718/718 species in box.
    Completed February 5th, 2014.
    Previously known as Mime Senior.
    Currently looking for a legit event
    3DS (XL Yveltal) Friend Code: 0490-5755-7024

Page 652 of 860 FirstFirst ... 552602642648649650651652653654655656662702752 ... LastLast