View Poll Results: No

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    7 13.73%
  • NO!

    1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 733 of 878 FirstFirst ... 633683723729730731732733734735736737743783833 ... LastLast
Results 18,301 to 18,325 of 21932

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

  1. #18301
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    L.A. County, California
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    There is no chance, abilities are tied to one another when it comes to evolution. It will retain guts as a Machoke and as a Machamp.

    Blah blah, ninja.

    Just to be different, there are cases in 3rd gen where an ability can change into the other one upon evolution, when transferred and evolved on 4th-5th gen I believe.



  2. #18302
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    There is no chance, abilities are tied to one another when it comes to evolution. It will retain guts as a Machoke and as a Machamp.

    Blah blah, ninja.

    Just to be different, there are cases in 3rd gen where an ability can change into the other one upon evolution, when transferred and evolved on 4th-5th gen I believe.
    Yes, but that is only if Gen IV added an Ability, or if it Evolves into or from a Pokémon introduced n Gen IV, I believe.

  3. #18303
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ecruteak City, Johto
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Why do Pokemon like Mew, Arceus even have a shiny sprite? I mean, there's only one of them.. how could it be shiny?

  4. #18304
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    several miles from Durant
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Why do Pokemon like Mew, Arceus even have a shiny sprite? I mean, there's only one of them.. how could it be shiny?
    Well, Mew is fully capable of being shiny, since there's nothing in Pokémon Emerald that prevents the Faraway Island Mew from being shiny. Arceus having a shiny sprite in Gen 4 makes sense, since Game Freak originally planned for you to catch it in the Hall of Origin. But why Celebi, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Keldeo, and Meloetta have shiny sprites in Gen 5 is beyond me. Maybe Game Freak was planning to release these Pokémon as shinies through events sometime during Gen 5.

    Made by Tini (FrozenConstellation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Wow, mention Liepard, and everyone's active. I should do this more often.

  5. #18305
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blesstoise View Post
    Why do Pokemon like Mew, Arceus even have a shiny sprite? I mean, there's only one of them.. how could it be shiny?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Light Ruler View Post
    Well, Mew is fully capable of being shiny, since there's nothing in Pokémon Emerald that prevents the Faraway Island Mew from being shiny. Arceus having a shiny sprite in Gen 4 makes sense, since Game Freak originally planned for you to catch it in the Hall of Origin. But why Celebi, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Keldeo, and Meloetta have shiny sprites in Gen 5 is beyond me. Maybe Game Freak was planning to release these Pokémon as shinies through events sometime during Gen 5.
    I think that the reason that Celebi, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Keldeo, and Meloetta have shiny sprites is because Game Freak probably creates shiny sprites for ALL of the Pokémon, even if they don't release the shiny version. That coding needs to exist in case they ever do decide to release a shiny one. It also probably exists so that hackers don't completely destroy their games when making shiny versions of non-shiny Pokémon.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

  6. #18306
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    It also probably exists so that hackers don't completely destroy their games when making shiny versions of non-shiny Pokémon.
    This isn't actually true. Hacking a game can't magically make stuff appear that doesn't otherwise exist within the game. Yes, you can get Pokemn with illegal abilities. But you can't MAKE UP YOUR OWN ABILITY and give it to a Pokemon. In a similar fashion, if a Pokemon didn't have a shiny sprite programmed into the game, there'd be nothing to hack. It'd be a code that did nothing. Might freeze the game but power off and back on and all would be fine.

    That being said, I'd guess (I'm not a game researcher myself so this is just theory) that a Pokemon's data structure REQUIRES a shiny sprite as part of it.
    Last edited by randomspot555; 23rd September 2013 at 8:02 PM.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

  7. #18307
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    UK - GMT +0
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    What was Nintendo's reasoning behind giving away the free shiny creation trio? And does anyone else think that shiny arceus should be given away as well? It did create all 3 of them after all.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.



    Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

    Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

  8. #18308
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    What was Nintendo's reasoning behind giving away the free shiny creation trio? And does anyone else think that shiny arceus should be given away as well? It did create all 3 of them after all.
    It could be a gimmick that would relate to something like a movie in pokemon X and Y.
    Just like how we got the crown beast for pokemon Black and White.
    Not looking for anything right now thanks to Kybosh and Lion Demon their great people .

    Games I have: White,Platinum,Emerald,Firered

    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Basically, Pokémon only "play" with other 'mon they want to/can bang. Pokémon are just powerful animal-like frat boys: they're all about fighting, showing off & humping.
    Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    Sprinkles on a non-chocolate donut. You may be a communist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murder Doll View Post
    Yu-Gi-Oh, it's all about the heart of the hair gel.

  9. #18309
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The maze that pays
    Posts
    10,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    What was Nintendo's reasoning behind giving away the free shiny creation trio?
    make the things accessible on Gen V carts, probably

    drive up hype and whatnot

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    And does anyone else think that shiny arceus should be given away as well? It did create all 3 of them after all.
    does it need to be

  10. #18310
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    This isn't actually true. Hacking a game can't magically make stuff appear that doesn't otherwise exist within the game. Yes, you can get Pokemn with illegal abilities. But you can't MAKE UP YOUR OWN ABILITY and give it to a Pokemon. In a similar fashion, if a Pokemon didn't have a shiny sprite programmed into the game, there'd be nothing to hack. It'd be a code that did nothing. Might freeze the game but power off and back on and all would be fine.

    That being said, I'd guess (I'm not a game researcher myself so this is just theory) that a Pokemon's data structure REQUIRES a shiny sprite as part of it.
    That's a good point. I don't know much about hacking the DS games - my knowledge of hacking hallows back to the days of Red and Blue, when screwing around with the coding and trying to create something that doesn't exist would REALLY bug up your game and make strange and funny things happen, and sometimes render it completely unplayable. I have no idea if that's how it works with DS games (I assume it doesn't do that, according to what you said). I was just theorizing.

    I also think that you're probably right about the data structure - I would also be willing to bet that the game requires a shiny sprite for every Pokémon.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

  11. #18311
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    654

    Default

    Has Serebii ever discussed about the Pokémon Company's "Pokkén Tournament" and "Pokkén Fighters" trademarks?

    http://pokejungle.net/2013/08/20/pok...ark-uncovered/

  12. #18312

    Default

    Yes, when they became known a month ago. The discussion entailed explaining that these were trademarked names but weren't attached to products yet, some random speculation occurred and then mercifully people moved on until we actually get something to discuss.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  13. #18313
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    This isn't actually true. Hacking a game can't magically make stuff appear that doesn't otherwise exist within the game. Yes, you can get Pokemn with illegal abilities. But you can't MAKE UP YOUR OWN ABILITY and give it to a Pokemon. In a similar fashion, if a Pokemon didn't have a shiny sprite programmed into the game, there'd be nothing to hack. It'd be a code that did nothing. Might freeze the game but power off and back on and all would be fine.

    That being said, I'd guess (I'm not a game researcher myself so this is just theory) that a Pokemon's data structure REQUIRES a shiny sprite as part of it.
    Well, what you said technically is possible, albeit only by editing pre-existant Abilities and Sprites.

    But, actually, a Pokémon doesn't need a seperate Shiny Sprite, as it could be a simple copy of the original sprite, it however does need to exist.

  14. #18314
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon trainer Black View Post
    It could be a gimmick that would relate to something like a movie in pokemon X and Y.
    Just like how we got the crown beast for pokemon Black and White.
    .....except that Japan of all places didn't get the Shiny Creation Trio event, so it is extremely unlikely that the Shiny Creation Trio will actually do something in X/Y.


    Also, the Crown Beasts are distributed in a Wi-Fi event, so that everyone can enjoy the in-game event. The Creation Trio dragons are distributed in an in-store event, implying that it is not that important because there's no in-game event that requires them in X/Y.

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  15. #18315
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Also, the Crown Beasts are distributed in a Wi-Fi event, so that everyone can enjoy the in-game event. The Creation Trio dragons are distributed in an in-store event, implying that it is not that important because there's no in-game event that requires them in X/Y.
    Whoa, wait. It was? Man, I'm so behind. After double checking the event database, though, America did have the event as an in-store distribution earlier for each of the events, so I can see where some of that thought is coming from. But like you said, since Japan doesn't have the event, they're almost guaranteed to not do anything in X/Y. They would have advertised it as such if that was the case.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia



  16. #18316
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sugarcube Corner, Ponyville
    Posts
    251

    Default

    What is the logic behind Normal-type Pokémon being immune to Ghost-type attacks?

  17. #18317
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Israel [GMT +2:00]
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Was it possible to capture the beast-trio in the wild in the Kanto region anyhow?

  18. #18318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodflowers View Post
    Was it possible to capture the beast-trio in the wild in the Kanto region anyhow?
    One of the beasts would roam the post-Elite Four Kanto of Fire Red/Leaf Green; which one depended on your starter.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  19. #18319
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Israel [GMT +2:00]
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    One of the beasts would roam the post-Elite Four Kanto of Fire Red/Leaf Green; which one depended on your starter.
    Thx. Transferred pokes from 3rd gen to 4th one are received in the future game in the same pokeball they had been caught in or it changes into some default option?

  20. #18320

    Default

    Transfers via Pal Park maintain their original Poké Ball types, I believe.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  21. #18321
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Israel [GMT +2:00]
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Is there any other way to transfer through-generations, a way which might leave the pokemon in the pokeball it's been originally caught in?

  22. #18322

    Default

    I believe transfers via Poké Transfer also maintain the original ball types.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  23. #18323
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    South East England
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Sorry to repost, but can someone please help me with my question, thank you.

    Basically do ev berries only work in multiples of 10?

    say I had 16 evs in one stat for example... would the first bring it to 6 then the second to 0?

    Thanks
    Last edited by AceTrainerBen; 25th September 2013 at 3:41 PM.
    My Safari is GROUND with PHANPY & NINCADA
    Friend Code: 1246-9924-8434

    MY GEN 5 DREAMWORLD FEMALES: N/A until My PokeBank is complete!, I still have half left to go, sorry

    I also have Pokerus that I can spread, just ask.
    PLEASE RESPECT THE FACT THAT I ONLY ACCEPT LEGITIMATE POKEMON.
    I WILL NOT ACCEPT EXTERNALLY MODIFIED, RNG'D, GLITCHED, CLONED OR ANY KIND OF CHEATED POKEMON, THANK YOU.

  24. #18324
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainerBen View Post
    Sorry to repost, but can someone please help me with my question, thank you.

    Basically do ev berries only work in multiples of 10?

    say I had 16 evs in one stat for example... would the first bring it to 6 then the second to 0?

    Thanks
    that's right
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

  25. #18325
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    South East England
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Thank you, very much

    I take it you mean the second part of my post is right?

    My Safari is GROUND with PHANPY & NINCADA
    Friend Code: 1246-9924-8434

    MY GEN 5 DREAMWORLD FEMALES: N/A until My PokeBank is complete!, I still have half left to go, sorry

    I also have Pokerus that I can spread, just ask.
    PLEASE RESPECT THE FACT THAT I ONLY ACCEPT LEGITIMATE POKEMON.
    I WILL NOT ACCEPT EXTERNALLY MODIFIED, RNG'D, GLITCHED, CLONED OR ANY KIND OF CHEATED POKEMON, THANK YOU.

Page 733 of 878 FirstFirst ... 633683723729730731732733734735736737743783833 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •