View Poll Results: No

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

7 13.73%
  • NO!

1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 740 of 876 FirstFirst ... 640690730736737738739740741742743744750790840 ... LastLast
Results 18,476 to 18,500 of 21895

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

Being new I cannot post in many forums and so I am asking my question here...

I know the formula for breeding shiny pokemon but what I don't know is will using the everstone affect my chances??

I am currently breeding for a shiny charmander using an everstone with the nature MILD and after 210 eggs I still have no shiny. Will it be impossible to hatch a shiny with a MILD nature for me because of my TID or SID??

Oh and I am playing pokemon White 2

Quote Originally Posted by CptPurpleHaze View Post
    Being new I cannot post in many forums and so I am asking my question here...

I know the formula for breeding shiny pokemon but what I don't know is will using the everstone affect my chances??

I am currently breeding for a shiny charmander using an everstone with the nature MILD and after 210 eggs I still have no shiny. Will it be impossible to hatch a shiny with a MILD nature for me because of my TID or SID??

Oh and I am playing pokemon White 2
    Well, as far as I understand, the everstone will not affect your chances of hatching a shiny pokemon. The only thing it does when held by a breeding pokemon is increase the chances that the pokemon's offspring will inherit its ability (this only works if the baby pokemon *can* inherit the ability. that is, the parent holding the stone must be the same species as the baby or share a possible ability with it).

However, you *can* increase your chances of hatching a shiny pokemon by breeding two pokemon from two different language versions of the game. For instance, breeding a pikachu from an English version of the game with a compatible pokemon from the Japanese version would work.
    What time is it...??
    Happy time!!!

I have opened a brand new online art shop! Here it is: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SugarcookieStudios
    I sell handmade, very affordable charms and jewelry, and I am currently taking commissions for custom charms!
    If you want to commission a custom charm, PM me what you would like! I can do anything you might want, including any pokemon! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    How? Nintendo's never been strong on peripheral support with third party devices like a PC.
    I'm not sure How or where he got them from. But he's got them.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Lass Brooke View Post
    Well, as far as I understand, the everstone will not affect your chances of hatching a shiny pokemon. The only thing it does when held by a breeding pokemon is increase the chances that the pokemon's offspring will inherit its ability (this only works if the baby pokemon *can* inherit the ability. that is, the parent holding the stone must be the same species as the baby or share a possible ability with it).

However, you *can* increase your chances of hatching a shiny pokemon by breeding two pokemon from two different language versions of the game. For instance, breeding a pikachu from an English version of the game with a compatible pokemon from the Japanese version would work.
    The Everstone actually affects the nature which a baby Pokemon will hatch with, not its ability - it is actually the mother's ability which will affect the ability the baby receives, and it will be able to, as the female of the pair will be the same species as the child.

Anyway, not getting into the details of that, since it's a bit off-topic. The bottom line is that an Everstone will not change the odds of a Pokemon hatching shiny.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

If I breed my female pikachu with Volt tackle with a male pikachu will the pichu get the move? I have no lightball so it's my only chance :// using black 2
    Last edited by The Last Jedi; 12th October 2013 at 4:45 PM.

*Credit to SwornMetalhead at deaderic design for the aura banner, credit to astral shadow at the under for the buttons*

No. It won't get it.
    Even without the lightball thing it wouldn't be able to, because the female has the desired move and not the male parent.

Quote Originally Posted by kamoarc119 View Post
    If I breed my female pikachu with Volt tackle with a male pikachu will the pichu get the move? I have no lightball so it's my only chance :// using black 2
    No because 1.) Males are the one which pass down the egg moves. Females with egg moves will not pass them down even if bred with a male. 2.) The male HAS to being holding a light ball to pass down volt tackle.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

I'm going to get a 3DS and Pokemon X next month (and I never had access to Wifi with a Pokemon game before)
    ... now I have some questions:

1) Can I always download that Event Torchic once every save file? If I restart the game, can I get another Event Torchic?

2) If I have a German 3DS and a English(UK) Pokemon X game... Can I do everything I also could with a German 3DS and a German Pokemon X game?

Will I have access to English events or German events if I have German 3DS+Pokemon X(UK)?

Spoiler:- I'm looking for:
    Please help. :3

So, is it safe to put your 3ds fc in your sig / profile?
    Last edited by AceTrainerBen; 13th October 2013 at 1:36 AM.
    My Safari is GROUND with PHANPY & NINCADA
    Friend Code: 1246-9924-8434

MY GEN 5 DREAMWORLD FEMALES: N/A until My PokeBank is complete!, I still have half left to go, sorry

I also have Pokerus that I can spread, just ask.
    PLEASE RESPECT THE FACT THAT I ONLY ACCEPT LEGITIMATE POKEMON.
    I WILL NOT ACCEPT EXTERNALLY MODIFIED, RNG'D, GLITCHED, CLONED OR ANY KIND OF CHEATED POKEMON, THANK YOU.

anyone know where to get a shiny stone in pokemon x?

If I go to the Dream World and my Pokemon sleeping has a Berry, can I take that item so I can grow it on my garden?
    Shinies: (Gift) (In-game event) (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)
    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

FT: (all shiny)
    LF: (all shiny)

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    If I go to the Dream World and my Pokemon sleeping has a Berry, can I take that item so I can grow it on my garden?
    No.

However, 95% of the Berries can be found and traded for in the Dream World.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

So, the main site says that Arceus is now a Fairy. I want this to be confirmed, please. Has Arceus changed to fairy?
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    So, the main site says that Arceus is now a Fairy. I want this to be confirmed, please. Has Arceus changed to fairy?
    Nothing on the main site says this. We do know a Fairy-type Plate has been added, called the Pixie Plate.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

how does the stick that Delphox uses not burn? Magic Stick !!

Also for people like me who can't seem to remember type match up correctly, what have you done that has helped you remember what is and isn't effective against different types?

What if the Lilligant's popularity becomes ruined?

Could someone answer my question on the previous page.
    Not looking for anything right now thanks to Kybosh and Lion Demon their great people .

Games I have: White,Platinum,Emerald,Firered

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Basically, Pokémon only "play" with other 'mon they want to/can bang. Pokémon are just powerful animal-like frat boys: they're all about fighting, showing off & humping.
    Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    Sprinkles on a non-chocolate donut. You may be a communist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murder Doll View Post
    Yu-Gi-Oh, it's all about the heart of the hair gel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasty Jynx View Post
    1) Can I always download that Event Torchic once every save file? If I restart the game, can I get another Event Torchic?

2) If I have a German 3DS and a English(UK) Pokemon X game... Can I do everything I also could with a German 3DS and a German Pokemon X game?

Will I have access to English events or German events if I have German 3DS+Pokemon X(UK)?
    Please answer my question, too. ^_^

Spoiler:- I'm looking for:
    Please help. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon trainer Black View Post
    Is the warstories thrend only for competive battles or can you post any battle you had?
    Those are for the guilds only, which sometimes have wars against each other. You can join a guild by posting in their thread, if you want to. Make sure you read the rules of the section first, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Hasty Jynx View Post
    I'm going to get a 3DS and Pokemon X next month (and I never had access to Wifi with a Pokemon game before)
    ... now I have some questions:

1) Kind of guessing here, but probably if you delete the Wondercard, you can download another one after resetting the game, as the game would not "remember" that you already received the Torchic. I'm fairly certain Wondercards don't delete themselves if you restart the game, so you'll probably have to do it manually.

2) The games themselves (X and Y) no longer hold location information - it is rather your 3DS that will associate your game with a location. Your Pokemon X game will think it is German, so you'll only be able to download the events that are available in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainerBen View Post
    So, is it safe to put your 3ds fc in your sig / profile?
    I don't have a 3DS, but if it's just like the FCs from in-game, it's safe, because you need to add other people's friend-codes as well as them adding yours to be able to have contact with them. As long as you don't mind people knowing your Mii's name and appearance etc.

Quote Originally Posted by calivino View Post
    anyone know where to get a shiny stone in pokemon x?
    I think I read somewhere that you can get stones by doing super training, but I'm not sure exactly how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenthor View Post
    how does the stick that Delphox uses not burn? Magic Stick !!

Also for people like me who can't seem to remember type match up correctly, what have you done that has helped you remember what is and isn't effective against different types?
    Keep a reference open in a tab or near you at all times whilst playing. You'd probably pick it up anyway, but having a reference to check will make the process of remembering it faster. Memorising is all to do with repetition.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Which game gets which fossil Pokemon? (X & Y)

Does Ash's pikachu have pokérus?

How do I play Gen 6 ubers on PS? It keeps saying that u can but there's no option in the menu which allows you to.

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    Those are for the guilds only, which sometimes have wars against each other. You can join a guild by posting in their thread, if you want to. Make sure you read the rules of the section first, though!

1) Kind of guessing here, but probably if you delete the Wondercard, you can download another one after resetting the game, as the game would not "remember" that you already received the Torchic. I'm fairly certain Wondercards don't delete themselves if you restart the game, so you'll probably have to do it manually.

2) The games themselves (X and Y) no longer hold location information - it is rather your 3DS that will associate your game with a location. Your Pokemon X game will think it is German, so you'll only be able to download the events that are available in Germany.

I don't have a 3DS, but if it's just like the FCs from in-game, it's safe, because you need to add other people's friend-codes as well as them adding yours to be able to have contact with them. As long as you don't mind people knowing your Mii's name and appearance etc.

I think I read somewhere that you can get stones by doing super training, but I'm not sure exactly how that works.

Keep a reference open in a tab or near you at all times whilst playing. You'd probably pick it up anyway, but having a reference to check will make the process of remembering it faster. Memorising is all to do with repetition.
    nope you actually get a dawn stone that way. that person was mistaken between the two

Are there trade shops where you can request leveling up sevices?
    Not looking for anything right now thanks to Kybosh and Lion Demon their great people .

Games I have: White,Platinum,Emerald,Firered

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Basically, Pokémon only "play" with other 'mon they want to/can bang. Pokémon are just powerful animal-like frat boys: they're all about fighting, showing off & humping.
    Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    Sprinkles on a non-chocolate donut. You may be a communist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murder Doll View Post
    Yu-Gi-Oh, it's all about the heart of the hair gel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon trainer Black View Post
    Are there trade shops where you can request leveling up sevices?
    All Trade Shops so far are found here. As EV Training is a service, I do not see why leveling up would be a problem. However, note that these are only Generation V Trade Shops and that we do not have any Generation VI Trade Shops so far, as probably no one would have built up a respectable stock of good Pokemon yet.

~ Credit to DaisyInari for the battlecut ~
    ~ I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself ~

Page 740 of 876 FirstFirst ... 640690730736737738739740741742743744750790840 ... LastLast