View Poll Results: No

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

7 13.73%
  • NO!

1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 746 of 877 FirstFirst ... 646696736742743744745746747748749750756796846 ... LastLast
Results 18,626 to 18,650 of 21905

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfire View Post
    Question I've never considered here, since I've never had a Pokemon with it before. Would a Pokemon with the Pokerus gain increased EVs from Super Training, or no?
    I just tested it since I got Pokerus from a Wonder Trade, and it gained the normal amount of EVs from Super Training, so it seems we can assume that the answer is no.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdyboy View Post
    I have been getting mixed answers from this question so I am putting it here In X and Y can you breed 2 ditto together? Please message me with the answer as it is easier for me to find, thank you
    I tested it, and they would not produce an egg, so unless there is some more secret method the answer appears to be no. Luckily, they are fairly common in Pokemon Village.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    In mystery dungeon explorers of sky, how do I evolve Pokemon which need to be traded/ traded w/ an item? I know you have to use a link cable nut for example: I'm trying to evolve a Rhydon into Rhyperior but despite the fact I've given it a protector to hold it still won't allow me to evolve it when I go to luminous cave. I've fully completed the story and it lets me evolve Pokemon via LV.up just not those who need items or need to be traded. Someone help me please.
    Do you have the Link Cable (in the game), already? You need both Protector + Link Cable for him to evolve it, otherwise it won't.

In mystery dungeon explorers of sky, how do I evolve Pokemon which need to be traded/ traded w/ an item? I know you have to use a link cable nut for example: I'm trying to evolve a Rhydon into Rhyperior but despite the fact I've given it a protector to hold it still won't allow me to evolve it when I go to luminous cave. I've fully completed the story and it lets me evolve Pokemon via LV.up just not those who need items or need to be traded. Someone help me please.
    Do not give it to Rhydon to HOLD. Just have both items in the Treasure Bag and go to evolve it. It shall appear in the list as a possible candidate for evolution.

~ Credit to DaisyInari for the battlecut ~
    ~ I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself ~

Quote Originally Posted by Akanjăo View Post
    Do you have the Link Cable (in the game), already? You need both Protector + Link Cable for him to evolve it, otherwise it won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by AWildMew View Post
    Do not give it to Rhydon to HOLD. Just have both items in the Treasure Bag and go to evolve it. It shall appear in the list as a possible candidate for evolution.
    Oh I need both items? That's were I'm going wrong. Thx guys
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Hey everybody!

SO, when chaining does using a repel inbetween one poke to another break the chain? ... like how skating or biking does?

ALSO, can you save during a chaining session and continue where you left off at your own leisure? or would that break the chain?

FYI: both my questions pertain to the X&Y games.

Many thanks for your help
    Last edited by AceTrainerBen; 21st October 2013 at 3:19 AM.
    My Safari is GROUND with PHANPY & NINCADA
    Friend Code: 1246-9924-8434

MY GEN 5 DREAMWORLD FEMALES: N/A until My PokeBank is complete!, I still have half left to go, sorry

I also have Pokerus that I can spread, just ask.
    PLEASE RESPECT THE FACT THAT I ONLY ACCEPT LEGITIMATE POKEMON.
    I WILL NOT ACCEPT EXTERNALLY MODIFIED, RNG'D, GLITCHED, CLONED OR ANY KIND OF CHEATED POKEMON, THANK YOU.

i'm trying to chain,but it makes no sense.i read the page on bulbapedia,but i still can't get it.so i use the pokeradar,run into a spinda,get into more shaking patches with spinda,then run into a ursaring,shouldn't that be impossible because i'm on a chain of spinda?also,if i somehow get to a chain of 40,and there is no sparkling grass,can i use the radar again for another chance at a sparkling patch?
    do the shuckle sweep
    white 2 champion/ white champion/second white 2 game champion/3rd white 2 champion/4th planned white 2 champion
    / /
    //

credit to froststorm

Anyone know how the regions are divided for Vivillon patterns? My girlfriend has modern pattern vivillon and I realized my 3DS still had Texas as the location. I just changed it Pennsylvania to see what pattern I get. I really want an icy snow or sandstorm pattern.

If I'm up against a Pokémon with Pressure as it's ability, and I only have one PP left on a move, can I still use that move? Also, if I use Trump Card on the first turn against a Pokémon with Pressure, will its base power be 40 or will it be 50? Hopefully the way I worded it makes sense.
    Yellow Team

Current Pokémon Y Team Members
    Greninja, Venusaur, Blaziken, Raichu, Tyrantrum, Mr. Mime

Pokémon X Planned Team Members
    Chesnaught, Charizard, Vespiquen, Jynx, Jolteon, Lucario

What happened to Arceus week? (POTW) Only 2/17 types have been done. I understand Serebii is very busy but the rest need to be done.

What happened to Arceus week? (POTW) Only 2/17 types have been done. I understand Serebii is very busy but the rest need to be done.
    My understanding of POTW (unless it's changed) is that it is a contribution done by someone else and that Serebii himself isn't all that into competitive battling and whatnot
    Last edited by randomspot555; 21st October 2013 at 11:53 PM.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

For 5th Gen, it was possible to suggest Move sets for the writers to use. So it was is possible that someone didn't post move sets that used certain plates. http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdi...-Collaboration
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

In order to evolve an Eevee into an Umbreon/Espeon, you need to get it to 220 Happiness and then level it up once at night/during the day. In order to evolve an Eevee into Sylveon, you need to max out its Affection in Pokemon Amie and then level it up once. If you had an Eevee with both max happiness and max affection and leveled it up once, would it evolve into Umbreon/Espeon or would it evolve into Sylveon? I don't think there's ever been a split evolution before where the conditions for more than one evolution path could be satisfied simultaneously before now.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    In order to evolve an Eevee into an Umbreon/Espeon, you need to get it to 220 Happiness and then level it up once at night/during the day. In order to evolve an Eevee into Sylveon, you need to max out its Affection in Pokemon Amie and then level it up once. If you had an Eevee with both max happiness and max affection and leveled it up once, would it evolve into Umbreon/Espeon or would it evolve into Sylveon? I don't think there's ever been a split evolution before where the conditions for more than one evolution path could be satisfied simultaneously before now.
    If an Eevee has max affection AND max happiness, it will evolve into Umbreon/Espeon during the day or night if it does NOT know a Fairy move (Charm or Baby-Doll Eyes). If it has max happiness and max affection and it knows a Fairy move, it will evolve into Sylveon no matter what time of day it is.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Where can I find a link cable in MD EOS? Also, when I evolve a Pokemon using the link cable, is it a one time use or can it be used as many times as you want?

Where can I find a link cable in MD EOS? Also, when I evolve a Pokemon using the link cable, is it a one time use or can it be used as many times as you want?
    I've found one doing missions. Also, when you already have a TM and you can find one instead of a TM. But, Mew will be able to answer your question better, because I really didn't used any pokemon that needed one.

Do STAB and abilities that add 50% power (I.E. Technician, Mega Launcher) add 50% of the Base power or the overall power?

For example, Clawitzer has Surf (90 Base Power) and Water Pulse (60 BP), and gets a 50% boost on Water Pulse from Mega Launcher.
    Would Surf and Water Pulse do the same damage, or do STAB and Wonder Launcher only add 30 BP each to Water Pulse?
    Sprites by Arkeis, banner by Light Venusaur

Friends stick together, no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by burninator59 View Post
    Do STAB and abilities that add 50% power (I.E. Technician, Mega Launcher) add 50% of the Base power or the overall power?

For example, Clawitzer has Surf (90 Base Power) and Water Pulse (60 BP), and gets a 50% boost on Water Pulse from Mega Launcher.
    Would Surf and Water Pulse do the same damage, or do STAB and Wonder Launcher only add 30 BP each to Water Pulse?
    These Abilities increase Base Power, so, yes, Water Pulse is better on it than Surf due to the 10% Chance to Confuse.

~ Credit to DaisyInari for the battlecut ~
    ~ I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself ~

1. Through random missions.

2. After you get an HM that requires a key, the next time you go and you still have the HM, the HM will be replaced by a Link Cable.

3. Prospecting Missions and Kecleon Shops in dungeons later on often have them.

EDIT: Wait, you can't get Link Cables through the HM thing, because HMs only have set locatns in the original PMD.

Also, by Kecleon Sops, I mean in stuff like the Master Rank and Zero Isle Dngeons.

Quote Originally Posted by burninator59 View Post

Well, let's take a look at this.

Regular Damage

Surf; 90
    Water Pulse; 60+10% Cnfusion

STAB (50% boost)

Surf; 145
    Water Pulse; 90+10% Confusion

Mega Launcher (50% boost to Pulse Moves)

Surf; 145
    Water Pulse; 145+10% Confusion.

And, because in the end the two have the same damage output, Water Pulse is the better option, because of Confusion.

Unless you plan on using it in Dubles and Triples with something resisting Water, in which case Surf may be preffered.

But, to answer your question, the 50% boost is added twice, once from STAB, and afterwards from Mega Launcher.
    Last edited by dirkac; 23rd October 2013 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    1. Through random missions.

2. After you get an HM that requires a key, the next time you go and you still have the HM, the HM will be replaced by a Link Cable.

3. Prospecting Missions and Kecleon Shops in dungeons later on often have them.

EDIT: Wait, you can't get Link Cables through the HM thing, because HMs only have set locatns in the original PMD.

Also, by Kecleon Sops, I mean in stuff like the Master Rank and Zero Isle Dngeons.

Well, let's take a look at this.

Regular Damage

Surf; 90
    Water Pulse; 60+10% Cnfusion

STAB (50% boost)

Surf; 145
    Water Pulse; 90+10% Confusion

Mega Launcher (50% boost to Pulse Moves)

Surf; 145
    Water Pulse; 145+10% Confusion.

And, because in the end the two have the same damage output, Water Pulse is the better option, because of Confusion.

Unless you plan on using it in Dubles and Triples with something resisting Water, in which case Surf may be preffered.

But, to answer your question, the 50% boost is added twice, once from STAB, and afterwards from Mega Launcher.
    Okay thx, I'll guess I'll just keep looking and hoping. I found a Sacred Slab during a mission once so hopefully a link cable mission will be available soon But u didn't answer the 2nd part of my question. :/ Are link cables reusable or are they a one time use?

Okay thx, I'll guess I'll just keep looking and hoping. I found a Sacred Slab during a mission once so hopefully a link cable mission will be available soon But u didn't answer the 2nd part of my question. :/ Are link cables reusable or are they a one time use?
    Like all Evolution Items, they're One-Time Use only.

Im looking to trade my Charizardite X for a Charizardite Y. Any interests? PM please!

Has anyone wondered why it's harder to get into a wild battle in the Bellsprout Tower than in any other usual 'wild' areas like the common grassy fields, or surfing roads?
    I train there my pokemon and even with a fainted Illuminator the battles don't happen as often as they would have gone even without the illuminator itself in any other random area really

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodflowers View Post
    Has anyone wondered why it's harder to get into a wild battle in the Bellsprout Tower than in any other usual 'wild' areas like the common grassy fields, or surfing roads?
    I train there my pokemon and even with a fainted Illuminator the battles don't happen as often as they would have gone even without the illuminator itself in any other random area really
    I dunno.

Perhaps the encounter rate is lowered?

After all, encounter rates can be lowered, as you encounter Pokémon much more often in Dark Cave then, say, Bell Tower.

Yeah. Darkcave is an example of like the complete opposite of the bellsprout tower in this aspect.
    I don't understand why it happens

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodflowers View Post
    Yeah. Darkcave is an example of like the complete opposite of the bellsprout tower in this aspect.
    I don't understand why it happens
    It's because every step has a percentage rate of a Pokémon appearing.

Say, Grass, is encouner rate 1. The higher the encounter rate, the more likely it is for Pokémon to appear.

By this, Dark Cave has an encounter rate of 1.5, while Bellspeout has only an encounter rate of 0.5, maning that Pokénon are generally rare.

Page 746 of 877 FirstFirst ... 646696736742743744745746747748749750756796846 ... LastLast