View Poll Results: No

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    7 13.73%
  • NO!

    1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 994 of 995 FirstFirst ... 894944984990991992993994995 LastLast
Results 24,826 to 24,850 of 24861

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

  1. #24826

    Default

    The highest resolution art isn't usually made public - what you see in Bulbapedia's extensive image archives is usually the best and highest resolution we get publicly.

    You're going to want to make significant changes to your signature. http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...pdated-2-21-11



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  2. #24827
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    12

    Default

    I shrunk the picture in my signature!

    That cannot be true though. What defines publicly? I know some places have higher quality art then bulbapedia. Like pidgiwiki. They have higher quality, but they say it is not the highest either. Some users on this forum from a long time ago said they had ridiculously large images. If we have the pictures at all, someone must get them from somewhere, right? I know they are not visually available on the internet, but if I can contact someone who has the pictures, maybe they can send them to me?
    "Night after night darkness enters the face of the lily which, lightly, closes its five walls around itself, and its purse of honey, and its fragrance, and is content to stand there in the garden, not quite sleeping, and, maybe, saying in lily language some small words we can’t hear even when there is no wind anywhere, its lips are so secret, its tongue is so hidden – or, maybe, it says nothing at all but just stands there with the patience of vegetables and saints until the whole earth has turned around and the silver moon becomes the golden sun – as the lily absolutely knew it would, which is itself, isn’t it, the perfect prayer?"

    -


  3. #24828

    Default

    Publicly. Available to us, the public. They are not, in the most part, in the habit of releasing the highest resolution, highest quality art assets to us, the public, and saying "here you go, use these in your fan arts and your photo shops and whatever the devil you kids do these days." They don't make available to us a folder of highest quality vector images.

    Bulbapedia's extensive archives are the result of people scouring the Internet for years for higher quality art and often having to painstakingly erase backgrounds from the original version, when the art is published via a medium like a magazine spread or on a website banner. Their archives aren't necessarily exhaustive, but if you don't see something in their archives, you're going to have a devil of a time finding it somewhere else.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  4. #24829
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    12

    Default

    No, that is still not entirely true. I am saying that bulbapedia is not the highest quality there is. I have found better. Bulbapedia has an upload limit, which requires you to shrink down the pictures. They have higher resolution then that. I could show you higher resolution images then they have on bulbapedia if you don't believe me.

    I have read (through old serebii topics about Ken's art) that there were users who had ridiculously large images of the characters that I am looking for. The old links are broken though, and they said they couldn't upload some of them, because they were just that big. They also used words like "released." As if they were getting them from someone who was maybe scanning the images or something.

    I could link to the old topic, too, if you want? :-)

    Does anybody else know anything about this?
    "Night after night darkness enters the face of the lily which, lightly, closes its five walls around itself, and its purse of honey, and its fragrance, and is content to stand there in the garden, not quite sleeping, and, maybe, saying in lily language some small words we can’t hear even when there is no wind anywhere, its lips are so secret, its tongue is so hidden – or, maybe, it says nothing at all but just stands there with the patience of vegetables and saints until the whole earth has turned around and the silver moon becomes the golden sun – as the lily absolutely knew it would, which is itself, isn’t it, the perfect prayer?"

    -


  5. #24830
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4

    Default Remind me of the gender ratio explanation again please

    So for years I thought starters (and other gift Pokemon) were 87.5% chance to be male and 12.5% chance to be female - 7:1 ratio. (Otherwise seen as 7/8 male, 1/8 female.)

    However, looking at a Gen VII pokedex on serebii like Bulbasaur, it says 88.1% male and 11.9% female - slightly different. (Though the Gen III Bulbasaur dex says 87.5% and 11.5% respectively.)

    I swore that I watched some Pokemon trivia video that explained this discrepancy on YouTube, but I'm not able to find it. Nor can I find an explanation on serebii or bulbapedia (bulbapedia still says starters have a 7:1 male:female ratio).

    Can someone reteach me the difference?

  6. #24831
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    IRL Unova
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyst View Post
    So for years I thought starters (and other gift Pokemon) were 87.5% chance to be male and 12.5% chance to be female - 7:1 ratio. (Otherwise seen as 7/8 male, 1/8 female.)

    However, looking at a Gen VII pokedex on serebii like Bulbasaur, it says 88.1% male and 11.9% female - slightly different. (Though the Gen III Bulbasaur dex says 87.5% and 11.5% respectively.)

    I swore that I watched some Pokemon trivia video that explained this discrepancy on YouTube, but I'm not able to find it. Nor can I find an explanation on serebii or bulbapedia (bulbapedia still says starters have a 7:1 male:female ratio).

    Can someone reteach me the difference?
    Starters are always 87.5 to 12.5, that is correct. Not sure why Bulbasaur's gender ratio is different on its Gen 7 page, I'm not sure if it's an error or something. There is a thread around here where you can reply with an error on the website, so maybe you can ask there if this is an error.

    Edit: Something tells me this is not an error, i checked every starter, they have this new Gender ratio now? And it applies to anything with a 7:1 ratio before?

    Now I'm curious. What's going on here?
    Last edited by AmethystLeslie; 1st August 2017 at 2:53 AM.
    Full shiny list: x2 x2 ;714; ;778; -Alola x3 ;749;

    3 shiny hunted, 25 happened naturally (Current shiny luck: pls stop)

    Game OTP: FerrisWheelShipping
    Anime OTP: RocketShipping
    Manga OTP: ChoosenShipping

  7. #24832
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Davenport of Despair
    Posts
    11,485

  8. #24833
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    IRL Unova
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Thank you. This is odd indeed. An off-by-one error caused by everything going up to 252 instead of 255? Do i have that right?
    Full shiny list: x2 x2 ;714; ;778; -Alola x3 ;749;

    3 shiny hunted, 25 happened naturally (Current shiny luck: pls stop)

    Game OTP: FerrisWheelShipping
    Anime OTP: RocketShipping
    Manga OTP: ChoosenShipping

  9. #24834
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Davenport of Despair
    Posts
    11,485

    Default

    There's two separate errors

  10. #24835
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    i have pkmn X, OR and sun among the more recent generations. i do have gen 1,2,4.5 games too but id like to know what i need to do with berry planting in ORAS.

    ive done most of my berry growing in X and had to tend the plants on a regular basis. im playing OR in an Italian playthru (from long ago) do i need to water the plants/weed them and where can i get the fertilizers from ORAS? since it didnt give me an option for watering the plants yet, im not sure if it will let me do so later on. i never bothered planting berries in ORAS as they had several loamy areas spread out on the map. im looking for stable mulch, gooey mulch etc, i got the 4 from X already but not sure where the others are.

    BTW how do i get to the small water patch directly east and blocked by a ledge sitting to the left of the berry masters house? i like to collect the various items and explore all the areas and that place has been bugging me for a while.
    Last edited by nel3; 1st August 2017 at 11:09 PM.

    3ds fc: 3926 6866-2593 ign (XY) Nelliel, fighting: Sawk Machoke Tyrogue. polar pattern Vivillion, ign sun: Nelliel
    2ds FC is 4485-2497-2628 with bermite, delibird, cloyster

    latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

  11. #24836
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    IRL Unova
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
    ive done most of my berry growing in X and had to tend the plants on a regular basis. im playing OR in an Italian playthru (from long ago) do i need to water the plants/weed them and where can i get the fertilizers from ORAS? since it didnt give me an option for watering the plants yet, im not sure if it will let me do so later on. i never bothered planting berries in ORAS as they had several loamy areas spread out on the map. im looking for stable mulch, gooey mulch etc, i got the 4 from X already but not sure where the others are.
    Fertilizers are not used in Hoenn. Even the ORAS descriptions for the mulches say they can't be used. Also, from my experience, watering plants gave a few more berries than if you didn't water them.

    Quote Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
    BTW how do i get to the small water patch directly east and blocked by a ledge sitting to the left of the berry masters house? i like to collect the various items and explore all the areas and that place has been bugging me for a while.
    https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/4...e_110_ORAS.png Maybe this picture would help?
    Full shiny list: x2 x2 ;714; ;778; -Alola x3 ;749;

    3 shiny hunted, 25 happened naturally (Current shiny luck: pls stop)

    Game OTP: FerrisWheelShipping
    Anime OTP: RocketShipping
    Manga OTP: ChoosenShipping

  12. #24837
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmethystLeslie View Post
    Fertilizers are not used in Hoenn. Even the ORAS descriptions for the mulches say they can't be used. Also, from my experience, watering plants gave a few more berries than if you didn't water them.



    https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/4...e_110_ORAS.png Maybe this picture would help?
    thanks for the reply, though id still want to know how to get the other fertilizers even if they cant be used. i dont even know if i can get gooey/stable etc mulch in gen6. will i still need to battle any pesky burmy or pull weeds from the trees?

    as for the route thats bugging me, its route 123. more specifically flying there to tend the 12 loamy soil patches. when you exit the main berry field and head as far east as possible. after passing the fairy girl, you'll come across an area with small ledges you can jump if you were able get around the berry garden from the north and down the eastern most edges. i can see a trainer and a item on the ground but you can only access this location from a northern entry and jump down onto route 123 where you can see the berry house.

    here's the pic of the route, im refering to the area with the red arrow.
    060route123.jpg

    Edit: looks like i totally missed route 122.
    Last edited by nel3; 2nd August 2017 at 3:06 AM.

    3ds fc: 3926 6866-2593 ign (XY) Nelliel, fighting: Sawk Machoke Tyrogue. polar pattern Vivillion, ign sun: Nelliel
    2ds FC is 4485-2497-2628 with bermite, delibird, cloyster

    latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

  13. #24838
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    IRL Unova
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
    thanks for the reply, though id still want to know how to get the other fertilizers even if they cant be used. i dont even know if i can get gooey/stable etc mulch in gen6. will i still need to battle any pesky burmy or pull weeds from the trees?
    I don't think any fertilizers are available in Hoenn, and the ones tradeable from Kalos are the only ones you can get. You don't get to battle pokemon or to pull weeds, just plant, water, and visit back to water again, then when the plants are fully grown, just pick the berries. It's like the other games' way to plant berries.
    Full shiny list: x2 x2 ;714; ;778; -Alola x3 ;749;

    3 shiny hunted, 25 happened naturally (Current shiny luck: pls stop)

    Game OTP: FerrisWheelShipping
    Anime OTP: RocketShipping
    Manga OTP: ChoosenShipping

  14. #24839
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Israel [GMT +3:00]
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Do sound moves bypass Mimikyu's disguise?


    FC OMEGA RUBY: 1934 1383 5422, Mirrorball

  15. #24840
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmethystLeslie View Post
    I don't think any fertilizers are available in Hoenn, and the ones tradeable from Kalos are the only ones you can get. You don't get to battle pokemon or to pull weeds, just plant, water, and visit back to water again, then when the plants are fully grown, just pick the berries. It's like the other games' way to plant berries.
    thank you for the reply. its a pain in the butt to deal with weeds and random burmy in XY. my OR game is/was more of a farming file so i didnt really take the time to explore all its details.

    im guessing that gooey mulch and others are locked in HG/gen4 games.

    3ds fc: 3926 6866-2593 ign (XY) Nelliel, fighting: Sawk Machoke Tyrogue. polar pattern Vivillion, ign sun: Nelliel
    2ds FC is 4485-2497-2628 with bermite, delibird, cloyster

    latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

  16. #24841
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    IRL Unova
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
    im guessing that gooey mulch and others are locked in HG/gen4 games.
    And Gen 5 as well, but you can't migrate items.
    Full shiny list: x2 x2 ;714; ;778; -Alola x3 ;749;

    3 shiny hunted, 25 happened naturally (Current shiny luck: pls stop)

    Game OTP: FerrisWheelShipping
    Anime OTP: RocketShipping
    Manga OTP: ChoosenShipping

  17. #24842
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmethystLeslie View Post
    And Gen 5 as well, but you can't migrate items.
    thank you for the reply, i wasnt expecting to be able to transfer items. its not a big problem for me at this point.

    3ds fc: 3926 6866-2593 ign (XY) Nelliel, fighting: Sawk Machoke Tyrogue. polar pattern Vivillion, ign sun: Nelliel
    2ds FC is 4485-2497-2628 with bermite, delibird, cloyster

    latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

  18. #24843
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Israel [GMT +3:00]
    Posts
    766

    Default

    How could Solgaelo hit through Mimikyu's disguise?


    FC OMEGA RUBY: 1934 1383 5422, Mirrorball

  19. #24844
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Snowflake View Post
    How could Solgaelo hit through Mimikyu's disguise?
    Solgaelo's Sunsteel Strike hits through Mimikyu's Disguise since Sunsteel Strike ignores the abilities of other Pokémon. :]
    I've Got All The Answers!
    Credit: Jethunder

  20. #24845
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Israel [GMT +3:00]
    Posts
    766

    Default

    On Serebii's description this ability it says, 'prevents other pokemon's moves or abilities from lowering the poke's stats'. How it connects to Disguise ability?
    Last edited by Forbidden Snowflake; 5th August 2017 at 7:41 PM.


    FC OMEGA RUBY: 1934 1383 5422, Mirrorball

  21. #24846
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Snowflake View Post
    On Serebii's description this ability it says, 'prevents other pokemon's moves or abilities from lowering the poke's stats'. How it connects to Disguise ability?
    Your talking about Solgaleo's Ability Full Metal Body. Sunsteel Strike is Solgaleo's signature move that ignores the other Pokémon's Ability.
    I've Got All The Answers!
    Credit: Jethunder

  22. #24847
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Israel [GMT +3:00]
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Oh sorry. got'cha!
    Is it true that a moldbreaker mon that hits a levitate target for example enables other mons to hit it with a ground move if the latter faints and the target does not switch out inbetween?


    FC OMEGA RUBY: 1934 1383 5422, Mirrorball

  23. #24848
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Riding the Hexpress
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Snowflake View Post
    Oh sorry. got'cha!
    Is it true that a moldbreaker mon that hits a levitate target for example enables other mons to hit it with a ground move if the latter faints and the target does not switch out inbetween?
    Sadly, no. Using a Ground-type move on a Pokémon with Levitate with a Mold Breaker user does not allow other Pokémon with Ground-types to hit it (unless they have Mold Breaker or a similar ability themselves).
    Last edited by Tsukuyomi56; 6th August 2017 at 3:14 AM.
    Credit to Brutaka for the awesome banner!


    I have claimed Drapion, Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls and Fiora from Xenoblade Chronicles.

  24. #24849
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Israel [GMT +3:00]
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Ty
    What does the handicap of the 6th gen stand for?


    FC OMEGA RUBY: 1934 1383 5422, Mirrorball

  25. #24850
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Israel [GMT +3:00]
    Posts
    766

    Default

    In gen 6, do spreadable moves inflict less damage on one target when compared to a single target move with the same b.p?


    FC OMEGA RUBY: 1934 1383 5422, Mirrorball

Page 994 of 995 FirstFirst ... 894944984990991992993994995 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •