View Poll Results: No

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

7 13.73%
  • NO!

1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 258 of 860 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358 ... LastLast
Results 6,426 to 6,450 of 21483

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

guys im still training for the elite 4, 1 question Mantine, Tentacruel or Seaking? who should i train? they can both be taught blizzard but seaking only learns megahorn at lv.57?
    Last edited by Pokémaniac Pez; 24th July 2011 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokémaniac Pez View Post
    guys im still training for the elite 4, 1 question Mantine or Seaking? who should i train? they can both be taught blizzard but seaking only learns megahorn at lv.57?
    For some reason, Mantine is screaming in my head.

sorry missed out Tentacruel, but i'm kinda feeling Mantine!

sorry missed out Tentacruel, but i'm kinda feeling Mantine!
    Mantine, I believe it has the best movepool and stats.

OH CRAP! Sorry I didn't remember that correctly...now that I look at its movepool, I was thinking of the useless poison jab...

Anyways, while mantine does get signal beam and water absorb...it's still a flying type and weak to aerodactyl's rock attacks. Its defense is sub-par and its HP is a little bit worse than that.

Seaking has a beautiful attack stat...but only 3 decent moves to abuse it with (waterfall, poison jab, return). It's defense is equal to mantine's HP...but it doesn't have a rock weakness.

In comparison, mantine is faster than seaking, but only by 2 points, according to the BSE of each one. Mantine is built as a special wall, seaking as a physical sweeper. I'd still stick to seaking, since...
    ...That aerodactyl is public enemy #1. Its speed is absolutely amazing, as is its attack. Its defense is weak. Be warned, as it knows thunder fang.

ah ok, Seaking it is. i'll teach it blizzard ASAP!
    thanks

ah ok, Seaking it is. i'll teach it blizzard ASAP!
    thanks
    Waterfall is a better option than Blizzard. 100% accuracy, more PP, gets STAB, works off of Seaking's better physical attack.

Trust me when I say that the in-game RNG will screw you over with attacks such as Blizzard and Thunder.

If you're absolutely determined to use Blizzard, at least set up Hail so that it'll have 100% accuracy.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Waterfall is a better option than Blizzard. 100% accuracy, more PP, gets STAB, works off of Seaking's better physical attack.

Trust me when I say that the in-game RNG will screw you over with attacks such as Blizzard and Thunder.

If you're absolutely determined to use Blizzard, at least set up Hail so that it'll have 100% accuracy.
    Blizzard is needed to defeat Dragonite, it is resistant against water-type attacks. BTW I'm going to delete water pulse for Waterfall.

Blizzard is needed to defeat Dragonite, it is resistant against water-type attacks. BTW I'm going to delete water pulse for Waterfall.
    Ah. Wasn't sure bout that. I was only referring to Aerodactyl.

Why not try Ice Beam instead? It'll hit every time.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Ah. Wasn't sure bout that. I was only referring to Aerodactyl.

Why not try Ice Beam instead? It'll hit every time.
    I have ice-beam in my Gyarados' moveset but I just want to make sure I beat Lance, he's had me twice on HG and I won't let it happen again.

thanks for the advice, regardless

What's the best characteristic for the Attack stat?
    What's the best characteristics for the other stats?
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    What's the best characteristic for the Attack stat?
    What's the best characteristics for the other stats?
    It depends. link

TLDR: A characteristic isn't a set value. It's for various values. A "Proud of it's Power" characterisitc could mean a 31 Atk IV or a 1 IV or several in between.

So how can I get a max IV on a Pokemon? Do I have to RNG, or can I breed a Pokemon to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    So how can I get a max IV on a Pokemon? Do I have to RNG, or can I breed a Pokemon to do that?
    RNG is faster, provided you're intelligent enough to interpret all the values.

As for breeding; unless you chain-breed max IVs onto a pokémon, you're basically throwing darts with a blindfold on at a dart board that isn't there.

"you're basically throwing darts with a blindfold on at a dart board that isn't there." ahah
    can i sig that?, EternalSword7?

"you're basically throwing darts with a blindfold on at a dart board that isn't there." ahah
    can i sig that?, EternalSword7?
    Sure. Go right ahead. Just be sure to use capitalization and proper punctuation.

What's the best moveset to give to a Probopass? I'm thinking of using it as a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    RNG is faster, provided you're intelligent enough to interpret all the values.
    I've always wondered, can you get any Pokemon via RNG or are you just controlling the stats of the Pokemon you find naturally? Like, could you find a Latios or Arceus on Unova Route 1 through RNG?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    I've always wondered, can you get any Pokemon via RNG or are you just controlling the stats of the Pokemon you find naturally? Like, could you find a Latios or Arceus on Unova Route 1 through RNG?
    You can't make Pokemon magically appear, no. RNG abuse is just a method of predicting when X will happen. If you wanted to start the game with an Adamant Tepig, then if you RNG correctly and do the math and all that jazz, it'll tell you you need to do X, Y, and Z to get an Adamant Tepig.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    You can't force pokémon to magically appear on routes that they aren't supposed to, but you can force the pokémon to be shiny and have max IVs.
    edit: Basically the same thing that the previous poster said.

My question still stands: What moveset should I run on a Probopass if I'm going to use it as a wall?

Impish Probopass
    Balloon/Leftovers
    Rock Polish
    Iron Defense
    Stone Edge
    Magnet Bomb/Substitute

I know someone would question why you have probo...but I won't. I'm secretly a probo fan and a nosepass hater (shh!). Anyways, iron defense gives it +2 defense. Make sure to use it on a sandstorm team...for defensive reasons obviously. You could also make it the one to set up sandstorm if necessary.

EDIT: Shoot, moveset (I'm blind sometimes). Use my ninja's moveset, except maybe give it thunder wave over rock polish, or better yet, toxic and substitute, rest, or magnet rise (redundant, but nice for avoiding earthquake or earth power).
    Last edited by Đew™; 25th July 2011 at 8:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dewhinifier View Post
    I know someone would question why you have probo...but I won't.
    Don't worry. He knows.

Thanks GenoArc. How about Thunder Wave and Pain Split? Would they have any use on a Probopass?

I completely agree with GenoArc and dewhinifier. Iron Defense + Sand Storm gives it great defense. The Rock Polish would give it good speed for a possible sweep (sweeping Probopass? LOL) and Stone Edge and Magnet Bomb are your two attacks.

@dewhinifier: Zibdas is gonna kill you!

EDIT: Since you asked about Pain Split, here's a trollish NOSEPASS moveset.

Nosepass (Level 1) @Oran Berry
    Ability: Sturdy
    Nature: Doesn't really matter
    EV Spread: Doesn't really matter
    Toxic
    Pain Split
    Protect
    (Any STAB attack here)

Sturdy prevents the OHKO so you can Toxic, and Oran Berry heals you. Then Pain Split your opponent to death whilst you stall. Status screws this set over, but that's about it.
    Last edited by Phoopes; 25th July 2011 at 8:53 PM.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

I'd suggest Earth Power and Thunderbolt as attacks, as Probo's attack stat is pretty poor. It's sp. atk isn't great but it's better and with magnet pull and those attacks it can take out other steels, which is much of his novelty.
    I don't think it has any reliable way to boost its attack and even after a Rock Polish its speed is still crap so I suggest you don't try that.
    Thunderwave, Substitute, and Toxic are all good. You can try Iron Defense but it might not last long as a physical wall due to x4 weakness to EQ and fighting attacks. Pain Split would be decent as recovery I think but I don't use that move much so idk.

ninjask is mine!
    looking for female&dwcheck my sig, PM if you're interested
    [img]http://i56.*******.com/a59ruh.png[/img]
        Spoiler:- Trade info:

I was thinking Thunder Wave as a sub for an attack (Magnet Bomb preferrably).
    Substitute and Leftovers would be a decent regainer.
    But Rest and Chesto/Lum would also work.
    If only Probopass could use Recycle.

Page 258 of 860 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358 ... LastLast