Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

7 13.73%
  • NO!

1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 838 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

Spirittomb and Sable eye have no weakness, if foresight is used they have the figthing weakness. Also a pure electric type like Electrode if it uses Magnet Rise it will have no weakness as well since ground types can't hit it.
    Last edited by The_Boss_Giygas; 9th August 2010 at 5:30 PM.
    Signature deleted for taunting staff.

- Keep this sh-t up Boss, see what happens.
    Quote by Ethan

You should have talked to me about the sig if the light bondage offended you so much, lack of communication often leads to this, so remember that online citizens who don't like sexy stuff (with women in it anyways).

Quote Originally Posted by Iyashii View Post
    Bug is very effective against Dark, which would be 2x
    Bug is not very effective against Ghost, which is .5x

Therefor it would be 1.5x, would it not?

EDIT: BLeck, these forums load slow.

I can't see how Spiritomb would be favoured, that's prob my preference to speed talking, though.

And isn't Recover a move people like?
    Perhaps not if Sableye doesn't look viable even with that.
    Bug on Dark-2x
    Bug on Ghost-0,5x
    2x0,5=/=1,5
    2x0,5=1 that means it is not effective.

Spiritomb-485 total
    Sableye-380 total
    As you see Spiritomb is alot stronger and I don't see how Sableye is forgotten, it's counterpart Mawile is much more forgotten.

Grass lol?

Grass>Water
    Grass>Ground

Mudkip is horribly weak against Grass.

And speaking of which, Bug moves against a Dark/Ghost & Ghost/Dark are a 1.5x multiplier.
    It was a joke. Rofl. You aren't familiar with the Mudkip meme, do a video web search on Mudkips.

Although Spiritomb and Sableye, they really need to get some resistences as well. Most attacks are neatral on them.
    If you agree that Dragonite is simply the happiest dragon around, copy and paste this into your sig and then spread the joy that Dragonites' have! (Started by Dragonite19)
    Do you like any "classic" Mario Games such as Super Mario World, Super Mario Brothers, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario 64, or any other Mario games from systems such as the NES, SNES, N64, or older Game Boy systems? Than join the Classic Mario Games Group! Link: http://www.serebiiforums.com/group.php?groupid=2735

I have claimed Gyarados!

My sig really needs an update, I know. =_=

Can't you just use forsight/mericle eye to get a weakness for Ghost/Dark typing?
    -----
    -_-

To look at Psyduck is to know your truly in the presence of awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkzedork View Post
    Can't you just use forsight/mericle eye to get a weakness for Ghost/Dark typing?
    Yes, but it would be better to hit it with two neatral attacks than one super effective attack.
    If you agree that Dragonite is simply the happiest dragon around, copy and paste this into your sig and then spread the joy that Dragonites' have! (Started by Dragonite19)
    Do you like any "classic" Mario Games such as Super Mario World, Super Mario Brothers, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario 64, or any other Mario games from systems such as the NES, SNES, N64, or older Game Boy systems? Than join the Classic Mario Games Group! Link: http://www.serebiiforums.com/group.php?groupid=2735

I have claimed Gyarados!

My sig really needs an update, I know. =_=

Scrappy Brick Break Miltank and Kangaskhan are the reason Sableye and Spiritomb have a weakness without using Foresight. Therefore, nothing has no weakness.

yeah, but no one uses Miltank or Kangaskhan
    Ash nazg durbatulűk, ash nazg gimbatul,
    ash nazg thrakatulűk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuma
    No morals for you evolutionists.
    Please avoid saying things like that.

No one uses Sableye, either... they still exist, regardless of who uses them.

Sableye and Spiritomb have no weakness but there ways for them to have a super effect

Quote Originally Posted by Megaton666 View Post
    yeah, but no one uses Miltank or Kangaskhan
    Actually, Miltank is a pretty powerful tank in UU, the same tier that Spiritomb is in. Go figure.
    FLY AWAY NOW, FLY AWAY NOW, FLY AWAY!

BW FC: 5243 1690 3512

Spiritomb? Underused? I could've sworn it would be OU. Must be the crippling speed issue and some movepool issues. Ah well, at least OU has almost nothing to fear from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I'm awfully unsure as to what there is to actually discuss here, but I can try to sum everything up.

-Spiritomb and Sableye are the only two Pokemon that (on basis of typing alone) that have no weaknesses.

- It's possible to produce a Pokemon with no weaknesses under certain circumstances, such as Baton Passing a pure Electric type (or a Poison/Dark type) Magnet Rise, or Skill Swapping Levitate on.

-In turn, it's possible to introduce a weakness to a Pokemon that has no weakness by using moves like Scrappy or Foresight on Spiritomb/Sableye. Pokemon that have their weaknesses artificially removed can have their weaknesses forced back on through, say, Gravity if Magnet Rise or Skill Swapping Levitate came into the picture, or another Skill Swap.

-Spiritomb is mentioned more often than Sableye because it's correspondingly more useful/notable than Sableye.

I think that's about it. Not quite sure what there'd be left to say on the topic.
    Dress to impress.

Yea, I've noticed there is only a fraction of people here who want to participate in an actual discussion.

Regardless, I will be leaving these forums.
    I just simply cannot stand the slow server these are hosted on, as well as this immature community.

But I do appreciate your post, Gentleman.

Um, i hope this qualifies for this thread, so here goes:

I'm planning a Team Rocket uniform for Halloween this year. What kind of hat is that the grunts wear? It looks kinda puffy or something. If i just knew what kinda of hat that is, i'd know what to look for.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgil View Post

I'm planning a Team Rocket uniform for Halloween this year. What kind of hat is that the grunts wear? It looks kinda puffy or something. If i just knew what kinda of hat that is, i'd know what to look for.
    It's kinda like a beret to me. It justs rubs me that way.
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

Quote Originally Posted by Morgil View Post

This would probably be a decent hat to use for Team Rocket cosplay. Called a "newsboy cap" as far as I can see. =)

Last edited by Profesco; 10th August 2010 at 3:21 AM.
    3DS Code: 2723 9573 9029

Spoiler:- Whitman's code:

Wow, that looks perfect. I typed "newsboy cap" into amazon, and the very picture you posted came up. Plus, it's pretty cheap at only $5. Thanks.

Default Shiny pokemon and IDs

So I heard some things about shiny pokemon and IDs and SIDs and stuff. What's that all about? Do IDs have an affect on how often you encounter a shiny pokemon or something? Cause apparently people can use this method, I believe it's RNG, and they can predict when a shiny will appear based on their ID and SID. Something to that affect. I made this thread because I am very confused about this whole thing! lol
    "A man should not strive to eliminate his complexes but to get into accord with them: they are legitimately what directs his conduct in the world." -Sigmund Freud

In what cases does the height listing in the pokedex refer to a measurement other then height?

I know it refers to length in serpentine pokemon, but, for example, is Wailord 145 metres tall, or the much less impressive 145 metres long? Does pidgeotto and zubat's impressive height listing refer to their actual height, or their wingspan?

All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

I can't see how Spiritomb would be favoured, that's prob my preference to speed talking, though.

And isn't Recover a move people like?
    Perhaps not if Sableye doesn't look viable even with that.
    Spiritomb just does Sableye's job better. Pain Split or Rest-Talk is quite a decent alternative to Recover, anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    In what cases does the height listing in the pokedex refer to a measurement other then height?

I know it refers to length in serpentine pokemon, but, for example, is Wailord 145 metres tall, or the much less impressive 145 metres long? Does pidgeotto and zubat's impressive height listing refer to their actual height, or their wingspan?
    I'm thinking plain height. From claws to head-feather, in the case of Pidgeotto.

As we wind on down the road~

How is Explosion a physical move when you aren't phyiscally touching the opponent?

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    How is Explosion a physical move when you aren't phyiscally touching the opponent?
    They blow up and bits of themself hits the enemy.
    But I really don't get Sacred Fire how can that be physical, you don't touch the enemy or hit anything that then hit the enemy, it is "energy orb" of fire and orbs and beams are not physical

I have a question sorry if this seems noobish but what is EV training? i haven't been involved in pokemon for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zubat View Post
    I have a question sorry if this seems noobish but what is EV training? i haven't been involved in pokemon for a long time
    Me either. but I think its a virus that gives the pokemon,who's infected with it, more exp than usual.

~~~Oshawott is so adorable <3333~~~

~~~I will never Sleep,'Cause sleep if for the weak! (:~~~
    ~~~~~~I have officially claimed Mienfoo~~~~~~

Page 3 of 838 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast