View Poll Results: No

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

7 13.73%
  • NO!

1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 327 of 877 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331337377427 ... LastLast
Results 8,151 to 8,175 of 21905

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

True, I guess that was a little vague... How about in OU and UU?

OU...Breloom, with its Poison Heal ability...have it hold Toxic Orb = infinite heath. lol.
    UU...Leafeon, do a Swords Dance combo with it's best STAB, Leaf Blade, and get a better chance with the Attack.

キバゴ

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler 99 View Post
    True, I guess that was a little vague... How about in OU and UU?
    Usage Stats August
    Usage Stats June
    Usage Stats May
    Usage Stats April

So after fully EV training a pokemon, it won't matter how I get it to 100 right?
    Like a fully EV trained Heracross could be put in the day care center and be just fine?
    The Fros arbok in town!

Quote Originally Posted by FroTW View Post
    So after fully EV training a pokemon, it won't matter how I get it to 100 right?
    Like a fully EV trained Heracross could be put in the day care center and be just fine?
    Yes.
    10char

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Technically it won't mess up its EVs, but you should still be wary of raising something via the Day Care. If a Pokemon has a chance to learn a move while it is there, it will learn it and will simply delete one of its moves. Egg moves can be lost in this method, which can make an otherwise flawless Pokemon useless simply because of the Day Care. Putting them in there after they've tried to learn all their level-up moves is safe, but at that point you'd gain experience faster by just finding an Audino and battling it with the Lucky Egg than trying to walk the comparable 3000-4000 steps. The Day Care is meant for breeding; it is a pretty bad way to level Pokemon up.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Technically it won't mess up its EVs, but you should still be wary of raising something via the Day Care. If a Pokemon has a chance to learn a move while it is there, it will learn it and will simply delete one of its moves. Egg moves can be lost in this method, which can make an otherwise flawless Pokemon useless simply because of the Day Care. Putting them in there after they've tried to learn all their level-up moves is safe, but at that point you'd gain experience faster by just finding an Audino and battling it with the Lucky Egg than trying to walk the comparable 3000-4000 steps. The Day Care is meant for breeding; it is a pretty bad way to level Pokemon up.
    I knew that stuff, I learned my lesson when the day care center first appeared in gold, I just used it as an example. I just needed to make sure I wasn't going astray by using rare candies or what have you
    The Fros arbok in town!

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    It's a bit cheap, but as soon as you unlock it, you can grind Pokemon in the Daycare until they're a much higher level than CPUs' Pokemon. Takes the fun out of it (and it takes a long time).

^Credit to RulerOfUnova

Quote Originally Posted by FroTW View Post
    I knew that stuff, I learned my lesson when the day care center first appeared in gold, I just used it as an example. I just needed to make sure I wasn't going astray by using rare candies or what have you
    Nope, you'd be safe. From the site's guide to EVs:

"Rare Candies are absolutely fine to use after you have finished EV training your Pokemon. Pokemon do not lose stats if they are levelled with a Rare Candy so long as they have sufficient EV's."

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    "Link Together With All"
    Well thank you ^^

another question: in Petalburg pokecenter, there's a man asked me to fill the word again, is it will unlock something (again?) if yes, what words should I put?

Hiii~ !! I apologize If this isn't the right thread to ask these kind of question's but D: I need some help about the whole Jirachi/Celebi cannot be shiny thing...I myself have a Shiny Agato Celebi that I started to doubt about its legitimacy lately because of said rumor's~ o ^ o

So here's my question...are these two the same as Victini/Reshi/Zekrom and cannot be shiny or is it simply some specific events such as "WISHMKR" Or "Agato" because they come from Colloseum's bonus disc thingy~ ? D: I need some clearing up about this...one person explained to me a little about it but Im still a bit unsure about the whole thing...If anyone could help me out I'd be very grateful~ !! :3 I'd hate to have to release the Shiny Celebi I have due to doubts when it could potentially be legit D: Thank you very much to anyone that helps me~ :3 That is all.
    Pokemon Y
    FC: 4441 8886 4682

Pokemon Black
    FC: 1506 5124 3911

Do not trade me hacks or unlegit Pokemons I will not accept them only trade with me If you are certain that the mon you are trading me is legit

Most of my trades will be done via PM~ !! Each single one of my Pokemons are purely legits. None of them are hacked If I somehow trade a hack to you I will make a trade-back /RIGHT/ away~ Most of my rare Pokemons have been either received by myself or obtained through trades on here which I've always made sure of their legitimacy first hand. Some may be cloned however. I do not mind receiving clones myself unless they are Pokecheck clones with a "Premier" ribbon I consider those to be unlegit~ Thank you very much for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Curvee View Post
    Hiii~ !! I apologize If this isn't the right thread to ask these kind of question's but D: I need some help about the whole Jirachi/Celebi cannot be shiny thing...I myself have a Shiny Agato Celebi that I started to doubt about its legitimacy lately because of said rumor's~ o ^ o

So here's my question...are these two the same as Victini/Reshi/Zekrom and cannot be shiny or is it simply some specific events such as "WISHMKR" Or "Agato" because they come from Colloseum's bonus disc thingy~ ? D: I need some clearing up about this...one person explained to me a little about it but Im still a bit unsure about the whole thing...If anyone could help me out I'd be very grateful~ !! :3 I'd hate to have to release the Shiny Celebi I have due to doubts when it could potentially be legit D: Thank you very much to anyone that helps me~ :3 That is all.
    I already told you all there is to tell. First, that you'll never be 100% certain of a Pokemon being legit unless you personally obtained the Pokemon yourself. Second, game researchers have failed to actually get the bonus disc Celebi/Jirachi from Gen 3 to actually produce a shiny, even though to the best of their knowledge, there's nothing specifically preventing a shiny from being made.

Gen 3 event Pokemon have a few mysteries, mainly because researchers were rare and disorganized, so these questions will probably never be fully answered.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

What should I EV train a Cacturne in?
    where are the pokemon I need to battle for that in pokemon white?
    Do I need to battle only one species of pokemon until it is lvl 100 or can I battle different?
    Last edited by znor9; 26th September 2011 at 3:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by znor9 View Post
    What should I EV train a Cacturne in?
    Depends on what you want it to do. It'd be pretty dumb for me to suggest you dump all your EVs into HP, DEF, and SpDEF if you wanted a Pokemon to hit hard, wouldn't it?

where are the pokemon I need to battle for that in pokemon white?
    Can't really tell you that unless you first decide what purpose you want it to serve and what EV spread you want.

Do I need to battle only one species of pokemon until it is lvl 100 or can I battle different?
    Do your EV training first, then concentrate on leveling up.

I think you're going about EV training the wrong way. Don't pick your favorite and then ask "What can I do with this?". You should first pick a role you need filled, say a Special wall, and then seek out the Pokemon that can best do that job.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Ok, I will think of that (but I will still use cacturne)

just one more question, how do I know that it is Ev trained when it is done?
    Sorry if this is obvius ;D

Ok, I will think of that (but I will still use cacturne)

Wen your pokemon is at level 100

Default Masuda Method question

Hey i was wondering something about the masuda method it says that i need 2 games in 2 different languages but does it actually mean the language or does it work for regions also as i have diamond from america as i didn't want to wait for it come out in england but i have ss and white in english (eu) would it work with the ss and diamond or does it need to COMPLETELY be a different language?

Because you'll keep track of the EVs while you're EV training. That's how you'll know.

a) how did you not see the questions thread?
    b) the game defines "international" as different languages. So there's no difference between an american and English pokemon

I have claimed Giratina

Hey! I don't know if there is any breeders here, but it's said that a egg will inherit 3 IV's, how do you know which ones they inherited?

And what's the best way to get shiny? I've read up one it and they say to hunt, but others say to breed :/ what do you guys think?

Thanks for your time!!

Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    Hey! I don't know if there is any breeders here, but it's said that a egg will inherit 3 IV's, how do you know which ones they inherited?
    You don't. Due to IVs, 3 are passed down from the parents to the child, but it can't be controlled normally. All 3 could come from one parent and none from the other, vice versa, or a combination of the two.

You can control which IVS are passed down, as of Gen 4, with the Power items. The Power item for HP means the HP IV will be passed down. With this, you can in theory pass down up to two IVs (leaving only one inherited IV to be passed down), but then you lose out on passing down the nature with the everstone.

And what's the best way to get shiny? I've read up one it and they say to hunt, but others say to breed :/ what do you guys think?
    Low effort and it'll work eventually: Masuda method http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...=392056&page=3
    High effort and high yield (once you learn how it works): RNG http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/

Right now I am trying to decide with physically defensive pokemon I should choose with my Wish support Vaporeon. I thought about Skarmory but then Magnezone would boast an issue because he would be able to handle both Skarmory and Vaporeon very well.

So my question is: "What physically defensive pokemon I should choose that would go great with my Vaporeon?"

And: Or should I not have both physically defensive and specially defensive pokemon on the same team? If yes, then what should I replace a physically defensive pokemon with?

Hey guys, quick question, with the Masuda method, how do I obtain an other language pokemon?

Do I have to trade with someone? If that's the case anyone know anyone willing to do a trade?

Sorry about all the questions, I'm kinda new at the breeding thing!

Hey guys, quick question, with the Masuda method, how do I obtain an other language pokemon?

Do I have to trade with someone? If that's the case anyone know anyone willing to do a trade?

You can trade on the forum's and ask for a foreign pokemon (ditto is a very popular choice as it breed's with anything except legendaries.)

or on the GTS you can set it so that it searches for pokemon of a foreign country only.

You do. Either another one of your games/your friend, but some people are giving free Japanese dittos or something.

Pokemon X Round 2

Page 327 of 877 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331337377427 ... LastLast