View Poll Results: No

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

7 13.73%
  • NO!

1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 644 of 820 FirstFirst ... 544594634640641642643644645646647648654694744 ... LastLast
Results 16,076 to 16,100 of 20477

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I have a question. When I battle in a place like battle subway or battle tower where my pokes don't level up, do they still get EVs ?
    No. Gaining EVs is a result of gaining EXP. No EXP = no EVs.

I have a question regarding double battle mechanics. When a move hits multiple pokémon its damage is reduced by 25%. So by my calculations, Rock Slide would hurt each pokémon 56 instead of 75. Since 56 dips beneath Technician's threshold of 60 or less, would Rock Slide in doubles trigger Technician's boost, thus making Rock Slide damage each pokémon 84?
    Last edited by RabidRaticate; 30th January 2013 at 7:25 PM.

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure it hits them both at 75.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Default Ditto Breeding

Can you get a female offspring if the mother is ditto?

Quote Originally Posted by RabidRaticate View Post
    I have a question regarding double battle mechanics. When a move hits multiple pokémon its damage is reduced by 25%. So by my calculations, Rock Slide would hurt each pokémon 56 instead of 75. Since 56 dips beneath Technician's threshold of 60 or less, would Rock Slide in doubles trigger Technician's boost, thus making Rock Slide damage each pokémon 84?
    If the base power of the rock slide does indeed become 56, then it will activate Techinican. Though I'm not sure if at the time of battle rock silde's base power actually becomes 25% less or the damage that is dealt becomes 25% less without the base power changing.

@DarkSword39 - I'm pretty sure that it does give 25% less damage.

Quote Originally Posted by .38 View Post
    Usually, there is a change for the baby to be female. The only time there is no chance is when the other Pokémon has no female gender, such "All Male" or "No Gender" Pokémon. Starter Pokémon and certain other Pokémon lines have 7:1 Male to Female Ratio can result in fully Boxes being all male. Techically even with the 1:7 MtoF Pokemon, you can not encounter a female for a while. Also I think babys gender is set one it's "generated."

Merged with Questions thread.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by .38 View Post
    Yes you can get a female offspring if you put a male and ditto in together. The baby will have any egg moves, tm/hm moves, and nature (if holding everstone) of the father but a 50/50 of getting either of its normal abilities. For DW breeding, you will never get a DWF if the female in daycare is a ditto (even if the male has its hidden ability). Hope this helps!
    N3DS FC: 1220-6591-9030
    Fairy Safari: Togepi, Spritzee, Clefairy
        Spoiler:- Previous Generation Friend Codes:

Spoiler:- The Hoenn Triangle:

Proud member of The Hoenn Triangle, click for info and tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    If the base power of the rock slide does indeed become 56, then it will activate Techinican. Though I'm not sure if at the time of battle rock silde's base power actually becomes 25% less or the damage that is dealt becomes 25% less without the base power changing.
    True that.

When you put it that way it seems like it wouldn't trigger Technician. Thanks for the insight.

Two sources I found that state the damage is indeed reduced instead of the base power:
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...fects_on_moves
    http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/mechanics_level50
    Last edited by RabidRaticate; 31st January 2013 at 9:47 PM. Reason: added sources, yo.

Is it true that flying type in Japan is named bird type?

Nope, it's Flying in Japanese, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by sswotwot View Post
    The IceCream Pokemon were actually made in Gen 1 :3 Just a little fun fact to ruin a Genwunners day (not saying you are one)

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    Is it true that flying type in Japan is named bird type?
    Not true. Flying type in Japanese games is Hikuo type. Hikou can mean flight. Chances are the dummied out "bird" type in the English games meant bird, but I don't have any evidence to say either way.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Not true. Flying type in Japanese games is Hikuo type. Hikou can mean flight. Chances are the dummied out "bird" type in the English games meant bird, but I don't have any evidence to say either way.
    I thought that one sounded cheezy.
    What about Dark type being called the Evil type in japan?
    Live long and prosper

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    I thought that one sounded cheezy.
    What about Dark type being called the Evil type in japan?
    That would be accurate, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by sswotwot View Post
    The IceCream Pokemon were actually made in Gen 1 :3 Just a little fun fact to ruin a Genwunners day (not saying you are one)

If a pokemon uses Metronome, are there any moves that can't be the resulting random move?

I'm particularly curious if it's possible that Metronome will be chosen.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidRaticate View Post
    I have a question regarding double battle mechanics. When a move hits multiple pokémon its damage is reduced by 25%.
    Oh, it's only reduced by 25%? I always thought it went half and half.

I've got a related question. Does the reduction still apply if you've already knocked out one of the opponent pokemon? That is, if the battle is now a 2-on-1 battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    That would be accurate, yes.
    I find that interesting. I've heard some people say there are no evil pokemon, just evil trainers, yet the makers themselves have labelled some pokemon evil.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    If a pokemon uses Metronome, are there any moves that can't be the resulting random move?
    This list explain what move Metronome can't use.

I've got a related question. Does the reduction still apply if you've already knocked out one of the opponent pokemon? That is, if the battle is now a 2-on-1 battle.
    No it revert back to full damage as if it was a single battle.

I find that interesting. I've heard some people say there are no evil pokemon, just evil trainers, yet the makers themselves have labelled some pokemon evil.
    They aren't evil it just their fighting method that is evil since they are based around the concept of dirty fighting.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    They aren't evil it just their fighting method that is evil since they are based around the concept of dirty fighting.
    This. Neither "Dark" nor "Evil" are good names. I've always thought the move Faint Attack sums up Dark-types the best; the user pretends to faint as a result of the last attack, and when its opponent moves in closer to make sure, it springs back up and gets off a sucker punch. Dark-types just don't fight fair. That's why they're weak to Fighting though; they can't stand up to something that legitimately knows how to fight and counter their tactics.

Default 2 ?

so i have 2 ? my first is will they ever make a game where you buy master balls and my 2nd is 1 out of 10 what would you rate a porygon level 40 from dream radar for someone with 8 gym bagdes for w2? porygon moves are singal beam psyhic shadow ball recycle.
    Last edited by AGGRON GUY; 2nd February 2013 at 1:36 PM.
    me:cat use scratch. friend:your cat is not a pokemon. ME: OH YEAH? CAT USE GROWL. CAT:MEOW (SHUT UP! JUST BECAUSE I CAN DO THAT DOES NOT MEAN I WILL DO THAT!) FRIEND:HA HA! ME:FEEL THE WRATH OF MY CHARZAIRD! FRIEND: DUDE THATS A TOY. ME:WAH! CAT AND FRIEND:HAH HAH! IDIOT. LATER: HEY CAT IS THAT A ARCANINE?! CAT:MEOW (I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT IS BUT I DONT LIKE CANINES.) FRIEND:RUN! ME: HAH HAH. TURD FACE...I TOLD HIM POKEMON WERE REAL. BY AGGRON GUY

What? Just, WHAT? First, they will never have master balls easily attainable, as that would defeat the rest of the pokeballs' purpose. And, second, what do you mean by rating? After 8 badges, EVERY pokemon on Dream Radar is level 40. What do you mean by rates?
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

go home, you´re drunk
    my b/w 2 team:
    black 2:

white 2 :

Quote Originally Posted by Nyrholnen View Post
    go home, you´re drunk
    That 100% made my day
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Quote Originally Posted by AGGRON GUY View Post
    so i have 2 ? my first is will they ever make a game where you buy master balls and my 2nd is 1 out of 10 what would you rate a porygon level 40 from dream radar for someone with 8 gym bagdes for w2?
    Translation for anyone who can't understand what is written:

"So I have Pokémon White 2. My first question is will they ever make a game where you can buy master balls? and my second question is out of 1 -10 what would you rate a level 40 Porygon from the dream radar for someone with 8 gym badges for White 2."

Right now to answer your question.

1.The answer is no since Master ball allows you catch any pokémon without fail so it would break the game. Beside Master ball are useless now compare to Quick ball and Dusk ball, along with critical capture.

2. Porygon is a good pokémon if you can trade to evolve it, of it's really hard for me to rate it since you haven't given enough info about your Porygon.

Next time I suggest that you check what you wrote actually make sense before posting and question about pokémon goes here

Quote Originally Posted by Nyrholnen View Post
    go home, you´re drunk
    You aren't funny at all.

You didn't even take in to account that English might not be his first language or he might struggle at writing.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Oh, duh, guess I should've thought of looking there myself. Thanks.

I'm surprised there were that many moves it couldn't do. I'd always assumed it could recreate anything, until the only day when I questioned whether metronome could come up twice (which it apparently can). Also interesting that it can apparently do transform.
    Quote Originally Posted by AGGRON GUY View Post
    ...my 2nd is 1 out of 10 what would you rate a porygon level 40 from dream radar for someone with 8 gym bagdes for w2?
    I assume you're asking how useful would it be in your team. For the E4 it could be quite useful, since it can learn shadow ball, ice beam, psychic and signal beam, which would give it a super-effective attack against many of the E4's pokemon.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Is there anything special about the Larvesta you get on Route 18 in BW?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Is there anything special about the Larvesta you get on Route 18 in BW?
    Not at all. It is a regular Larvesta.

Will the masuda method work if the foreign pokemon is a ditto?
    Live long and prosper

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

Page 644 of 820 FirstFirst ... 544594634640641642643644645646647648654694744 ... LastLast