View Poll Results: No

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

7 13.73%
  • NO!

1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 661 of 838 FirstFirst ... 561611651657658659660661662663664665671711761 ... LastLast
Results 16,501 to 16,525 of 20941

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

So, I've hatched an Eevee with four perfect IVs.

It's modest, its ability is Run Away, and it has 31 HP, 31 Defense, 31 Special Attack, 31 Speed. (It's also male and it has the moves Helping Hand, Tackle, Tail Whip, Wish.)

Seems like a pretty good Espeon, but i've got a modest triple flawless (HP, SpAtk, Spd) with Anticipation that I'm planning to use for that. So, I figure I'll trade this one, but what's it worth?

The other part of the problem is that Palkia and a handful of event legendaries are the only things I really want; I've got the rest of the Pokédex completed.

Is this little Eevee worth a legendary? (Somehow I doubt it.)
    Should I ask for something with comparable stats?
    Maybe something with lesser stats, but DWF?
    Or should I just keep it and use it as a breeder?
    Pokémon X: 1693-0973-8659
    Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen

Pokémon Black 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveon1316 View Post
    That Eevee is worth vastly more than a simple legendary or a DWF. Breeding something that good is much, much more difficult and time-intensive than simply playing through a fourth gen game and chucking your Master Ball at something you have to battle anyway. This is especially true since you just want Palkia for dex completion and not for its stats, meaning literally any one of the species would work. However, it, imo, would not be as valuable as an event-exclusive legendary like Shaymin; not all legendaries are created equally. I would suggest you ask high for that Eevee, because that thing is pretty damn valuable. It's a shame it doesn't have Anticipation or it would be practically perfect.

Really?

I mean yeah, I had to hatch a ton of eggs to get it, but I wouldn't have expected it to be *that* valuable. I've just been trying to do the Masuda Method. (Eight triple flawless, two quadruple flawless, still no shiny.) My Japanese Eevee has 31 HP and I've been swapping in different DWFs as I've gotten ones with better IVs. So it took a lot of breeding, but it's really just a by-product.

If it's that good though, I guess I'll just go to the trade forum and offer it up for Palkia.

Pokémon Black 2:

Really?

I mean yeah, I had to hatch a ton of eggs to get it, but I wouldn't have expected it to be *that* valuable. I've just been trying to do the Masuda Method. (Eight triple flawless, two quadruple flawless, still no shiny.) My Japanese Eevee has 31 HP and I've been swapping in different DWFs as I've gotten ones with better IVs. So it took a lot of breeding, but it's really just a by-product.

If it's that good though, I guess I'll just go to the trade forum and offer it up for Palkia.
    Well I mean think about how much work you've put into MMing thus far, compared to how much work it is to play through Pearl up until Spear Pillar and then toss a Quick Ball at Palkia. A Palkia with a good nature and good IVs would obviously be a lot more valuable, but since you just want it for dex completion, its stats don't matter. The value of a Pokemon from a trading sense is based on how much work it would take to get one. "Rare" Pokemon exist only insofar as event exclusives are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Well I mean think about how much work you've put into MMing thus far, compared to how much work it is to play through Pearl up until Spear Pillar and then toss a Quick Ball at Palkia. A Palkia with a good nature and good IVs would obviously be a lot more valuable, but since you just want it for dex completion, its stats don't matter. The value of a Pokemon from a trading sense is based on how much work it would take to get one. "Rare" Pokemon exist only insofar as event exclusives are concerned.
    Eh, I suppose. I guess riding endlessly back and forth on Route 3 just doesn't feel as much like work to me. Must be a matter of perspective. While Palkia represents the last thing between me and the Shining Charm, the Eevee is just some random by-product that I don't have any particular use for.

Pokémon Black 2:

So, I've hatched an Eevee with four perfect IVs.

It's modest, its ability is Run Away, and it has 31 HP, 31 Defense, 31 Special Attack, 31 Speed. (It's also male and it has the moves Helping Hand, Tackle, Tail Whip, Wish.)

Seems like a pretty good Espeon, but i've got a modest triple flawless (HP, SpAtk, Spd) with Anticipation that I'm planning to use for that. So, I figure I'll trade this one, but what's it worth?

The other part of the problem is that Palkia and a handful of event legendaries are the only things I really want; I've got the rest of the Pokédex completed.

if its a triple flawless DW eevee, personally I'd give 3 or 4regular legend's or legendary with IV/nature SR'd stats. Its got a lot of worth personally. And you may end up with lots of the little guys before you get a shiny, so your sure to getalot of nice pokemon in return if you find the right trade
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Eh, I suppose. I guess riding endlessly back and forth on Route 3 just doesn't feel as much like work to me. Must be a matter of perspective. While Palkia represents the last thing between me and the Shining Charm, the Eevee is just some random by-product that I don't have any particular use for.
    In my opinion, why don't you just look for a particularly good Palkia? Especially if that's all you really care about getting All of these responses you're getting seem to assume you're just getting a randomly caught Palkia, but I'd say this would be worth a decent one. Really, just do what you think is best for it though.

Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    if its a triple flawless DW eevee, personally I'd give 3 or 4regular legend's or legendary with IV/nature SR'd stats. Its got a lot of worth personally. And you may end up with lots of the little guys before you get a shiny, so your sure to getalot of nice pokemon in return if you find the right trade
    I have two triple flawless DWM (and four other triple flawless; 3 Adaptability, 1 Run Away).

The DWMs are:
    Modest - HP/SpAtk/SpDef - Wish
    Modest - HP/SpAtk/Speed - Wish and Last Resort

You think either (or both) of those might be worth a Palkia?

Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    In my opinion, why don't you just look for a particularly good Palkia? Especially if that's all you really care about getting All of these responses you're getting seem to assume you're just getting a randomly caught Palkia, but I'd say this would be worth a decent one. Really, just do what you think is best for it though.
    That makes three people telling me this thing's worth more than I thought. I guess I'll take your word for it. Still not fussed about a particularly good Palkia, but I didn't think Eevee would be worth one at all, so I'm quite pleased. I've clocked almost 400 hours on Black 2 and I'm ready for my gorram Shiny Charm. =)
    Last edited by Eeveon1316; 30th March 2013 at 1:42 AM.

Pokémon Black 2:

So, I want to replay all of my Pokemon games, but before I do....

How do you keep team members in rotation throughout the game?
    Is there any way to do it without some team members becoming underleveled?

Thanks in advance!
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post

Thanks in advance!
    Just constantly grind them all and they'll all stay tip top and ready for battle

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post

Thanks in advance!
    I actually have a very specific method for doing just this. When I catch a new Pokemon I plan on using for the rest of my playthrough, I immediately get it up to the same level as all my other Pokemon, or on par with my starter if it's the first one. Whenever I get all of my Pokemon to the same level, I then sort them by how much EXP it will take to level them up again. The Pokemon that is currently closest to leveling up again goes in the first spot, the Pokemon farthest from leveling up goes in the second spot, and then I continue like that ascending up until the Pokemon second closest to leveling up is in the last spot. Then I just use whatever is in the first spot until it levels up, and when it does, I swap it with the next Pokemon that is a level below it, iterating backwards from the end.

This not only makes it easy to consistently train all my Pokemon, but it also keeps my strongest Pokemon at the back of the party and my weakest ones at the front, which I find visually, organizationally pleasing. And since the sort order is based on something that is effectively random (who goes farthest over the next level), the order changes every time and keeps things fresh instead of just a static rotation. It also gives me a chance to practice manually running sorting algorithms, although while I find this fun, I'm sure it is of little importance to anyone else.

EDIT: I typed all that out last night on my phone. To make it a little clearer, after I perform my sort when everybody is at the same level, this is something like what my party's EXP bars would looks like.

Code:
    First slot:  |ooooooo--------|
    Second slot: |---------------|
    Third slot:  |o--------------|
    Fourth slot: |oo-------------|
    Fifth slot:  |oo-------------|
    Sixth slot:  |oooo-----------|
    Last edited by ChaosBlizzard; 30th March 2013 at 7:18 PM.

Lv.20 keeper or not?
    HP: 20-24
    Attack: 31
    Defense: 14-18
    Sp.Attack: 25-29
    Sp.Defense: 31
    Speed: 31
    And it has Hyper Cutter
    Last edited by Mr.Ducky209; 1st April 2013 at 6:54 PM.
    I want to trade this beast from my HeartGold as soon as I get my Wi-Fi crap down.
    Message me if you are interested.
    (Not Reserved)
    Lonely Nature
    Likes to thrash about, with Pokerus smile
    Moveset:
    1. Dragon Claw
    2. Earthquake
    3. Counter
    4. Fire Punch
    Stats:
    HP: 345
    Attack: 419
    Defense: 310
    Sp. Atk: 240
    Sp. Def: 210
    Speed: 221
    What I want for it is undecided, most likely a good Arceus because I want to unlock the Sinjo Ruins event from my HeartGold. The trade does not have to be shiny for shiny.

Default Looking for my Zoroark IV's

Hi guys,

I've been trying to calculate my lvl 100 Zoroark IV's but it seems impossible.

It has too much speed, the calculator says..

here's the stats :

Hasty
    Proud of its power

HP 274
    ATT 278
    DEF 152
    SPATK 297
    SPDEF 170
    SPE 300

I'm really confused about it. I can provide a picture if you want any proof!

Quote Originally Posted by pharmetics View Post
    Hi guys,

I've been trying to calculate my lvl 100 Zoroark IV's but it seems impossible.

It has too much speed, the calculator says..

here's the stats :

Hasty
    Proud of its power

HP 274
    ATT 278
    DEF 152
    SPATK 297
    SPDEF 170
    SPE 300

I'm really confused about it. I can provide a picture if you want any proof!
    If it's N's Zoroark, the one you get in BW2 as a Zorua, then it has 30 in all IVs.

And the reason the calculator won't work for you is because of EVs, most likely.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Thanks for the help,

but, it is usual that because of EV, we can't see th IV?

Quote Originally Posted by pharmetics View Post
    Thanks for the help,

but, it is usual that because of EV, we can't see th IV?
    You can never "see" the IV.

When using IV calculators, you either need to know the Pokemon's EVs, or take them away with EV reducing berries. Having a trained Pokemon makes using an IV calculator impossible unless you also know its EVs.

Most people, though, just simply calculate IVs before training a Pokemon. Someone who trains a Pokemon before calculating should probably use EV reducing berries and correct that.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

What is the best Eeveelution for an Eevee with a Naive nature?
    I have claimed Empoleon, Super Mario Galaxy, and Rosalina!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

Default Gift Eevee!

I was wondering if the gift Eevee you get from Amanita could ever be female? I have been SRing for the past 30 minutes and have only received male Eevees. I have looked online for an answer but all i could find were a mix of yes and no answers. So, has anybody done this? Is the Eevee gender locked?
    Last edited by Deadred23; 2nd April 2013 at 12:27 AM.
    My Black 2 Team:

I claim Froakie & Pancham!

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Eevee

Bulbapedia says that its always Male. You need to hover your mouse where it says you get it from Amanita. The questions thread is where questions should be asked just for future reference.

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Eevee

Bulbapedia says that its always Male. You need to hover your mouse where it says you get it from Amanita. The questions thread is where questions should be asked just for future reference.
    Okay thanks, I didn't realize that there was a question thread.
    My Black 2 Team:

I claim Froakie & Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    What is the best Eeveelution for an Eevee with a Naive nature?
    There is no Eeveelution that can optimize the Naive nature, but you have Jolteon, Espeon vs Leafeon depending on whether its special attack is higher or lower (IV wise) to its Attack. Can you find out those IVs?

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!

Here they are. The Eevee is not for competitive play, just for an in-game team.

#133 Eevee [Naive]
    IVs: 28 / 1 - 5 / 16 - 21 / 10 - 15 / 23 - 27 / 6 - 11
    Stats at Lv.19: 55|0 / 26|0 / 27|0 / 24|0 / 30|0 / 29|0
    I have claimed Empoleon, Super Mario Galaxy, and Rosalina!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

If you are displaying it HP/Att/Def/Sp At./Sp. De/Spd, then I would say Espeon or Jolteon, take your pick. I know this wouldn't be competitive, but if the attack is that low, then you are better off with those two than Leafeon.

When does this song in this video play? I haven't played either DPP or BW in a while, so I forgot when it plays:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE-qZIUoHIM
    It plays when the battle begins
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    When does this song in this video play? I haven't played either DPP or BW in a while, so I forgot when it plays:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE-qZIUoHIM
    It plays when the battle begins
    It's the Unova Champion theme from BW which plays when facing Alder. It's also used in battles against the Subway Bosses.

Page 661 of 838 FirstFirst ... 561611651657658659660661662663664665671711761 ... LastLast