View Poll Results: No

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

7 13.73%
  • NO!

1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 734 of 876 FirstFirst ... 634684724730731732733734735736737738744784834 ... LastLast
Results 18,326 to 18,350 of 21897

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodflowers View Post
    Thx. Transferred pokes from 3rd gen to 4th one are received in the future game in the same pokeball they had been caught in or it changes into some default option?
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Transfers via Pal Park maintain their original Poké Ball types, I believe.
    Is there any other way to transfer through-generations, a way which might leave the pokemon in the pokeball it's been originally caught in?
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    I believe transfers via Poké Transfer also maintain the original ball types.
    I can confirm this. I caught a Meowth in Leaf Green, and it still has the Repeat ball I caught it in, when I check the Pokémon in White.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

If a Pokemon attacks an opponent with No Guard, but then that opponent switches out during the attack, would the attack keep No Guard accuracy, or would the accuracy be re-calculated?

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    If a Pokemon attacks an opponent with No Guard, but then that opponent switches out during the attack, would the attack keep No Guard accuracy, or would the accuracy be re-calculated?
    The accuracy would be calculated, without No Guard factoring in.

You can't switch "during" an move; you can switch as a result of a move, but switching manually always takes precedence over moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    The accuracy would be calculated, without No Guard factoring in.

You can't switch "during" an move; you can switch as a result of a move, but switching manually always takes precedence over moves.
    Yeah, what I meant was two Pokemon are in battle (A and B).
    A has whatever ability and B has No Guard
    A selects an attack that can miss, B decides to switch, Pokemon C will take Pokemon A's attack instead.
    Is Pokemon C guaranteed to be hit? (Assuming types or whatever does't prevent anything)

And you already said it wouldn't, so yeah.

EDIT: Misread "without" as "with" from the post I quoted, my bad.
    Last edited by Myrrh; 25th September 2013 at 10:45 PM.

Yeah, what I meant was two Pokemon are in battle (A and B).
    A has whatever ability and B has No Guard
    A selects an attack that can miss, B decides to switch, Pokemon C will take Pokemon A's attack instead.
    Is Pokemon C guaranteed to be hit? (Assuming types or whatever does't prevent anything)

And you already said it would, so yeah.
    If it hit, It would really depend of the Base Accuacy of the move, But no guarantees.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Do the moves heal bell and aromatherapy have the same effect?

Do the moves heal bell and aromatherapy have the same effect?
    They're identical in Gen V; in past Gens, Heal Bell doesn't affect those with Soundproof.

Oh. Okay. And besides this little difference, do they both affect the user's party or only the pokes that present in the battlefield the turn they're used?

Oh. Okay. And besides this little difference, do they both affect the user's party or only the pokes that present in the battlefield the turn they're used?
    The entire party.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    The entire party.
    Does it also cure from confusion?

It does not cure the active Pokemon's confusion. The other Pokemon do not need healing, as they are in their Pokeballs and switching out cures confusion automatically.

~ Credit to DaisyInari for the battlecut ~
    ~ I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself ~

Quote Originally Posted by AWildMew View Post
    It does not cure the active Pokemon's confusion. The other Pokemon do not need healing, as they are in their Pokeballs and switching out cures confusion automatically.
    Ofcourse not. I meant for the user's own confusion if exists or for its ally/ies in a double/triple battle

Ofcourse not. I meant for the user's own confusion if exists or for its ally/ies in a double/triple battle
    As I said in that post, it does not heal Confusion.

~ I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself ~

If a slower Pokemon used assist and it RNG a move with higher priority, would it go first or still after the faster opponent?

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by Kacho View Post
    If a slower Pokemon used assist and it RNG a move with higher priority, would it go first or still after the faster opponent?
    Normally, Moves with Higher priority, such as Quick Attack and Extreme Speed, always goes before most Other Moves. If two moves that are the same priority are used the game will pick the start with your Pokémon's Speed Stat. The RNG adds a Slight Randomness to turn order when two (or More) Pokémon have the similar Speed stats.

If I remember correctly, If the Pokémon using Assist is slower and Gets Moves like Quick Attack and Extreme Speed, it will not jump ahead of the Order. But then I could be mistaken.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

I have a question. Why is Magnemite number 1 in all three Top 30 lists on the GTS Rankings page? Is Magnemite really the top traded, top desirable and top deposited pokemon in the GTS?
    Latest shiny:

found in Friend Safari

Quote Originally Posted by kyle72686 View Post
    I have a question. Why is Magnemite number 1 in all three Top 30 lists on the GTS Rankings page? Is Magnemite really the top traded, top desirable and top deposited pokemon in the GTS?
    A movement of sorts was created when Black/White 2 were released in Japan, people would offer Magnemite in exchange for Magnemite in an effort to quickly gain Join Avenue visitors, since GTS trades bring the trainers over. It caught on elsewhere when the games released internationally. Magnemite appear in an early part of the game, have Magnet Pull in order to make other Magnemite appear more often if using one of your own to battle and catch them, and also can have Sturdy if one wants to risk getting it to 1 HP for capture. A pretty good candidate for a Pokemon to choose for something like this.

A movement of sorts was created when Black/White 2 were released in Japan, people would offer Magnemite in exchange for Magnemite in an effort to quickly gain Join Avenue visitors, since GTS trades bring the trainers over. It caught on elsewhere when the games released internationally. Magnemite appear in an early part of the game, have Magnet Pull in order to make other Magnemite appear more often if using one of your own to battle and catch them, and also can have Sturdy if one wants to risk getting it to 1 HP for capture. A pretty good candidate for a Pokemon to choose for something like this.
    Thanks. I figured there had to be some kind of gimmick that I was unaware of. Magnemite and its evolutions are great, but I couldn't understand what would make it the most desirable pokemon.
    Latest shiny:

found in Friend Safari

It is also one of the few Pokemon that can be guaranteed caught in one try with a Quick ball.
    Everyone together! ˇ 大家聚合!ˇ Alles zusammen! ˇ 모두 함께! ˇ 一緒にみんな!

Source: Bulbapedia

White 2 - Drake - 2838 9377 2007
    3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:
    DWFs: PM for details.

Open GMT 1100-1600 on weekdays & GMT 0000-1600 on weekends.
    Important info may be given through voice chat during trades.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Normally, Moves with Higher priority, such as Quick Attack and Extreme Speed, always goes before most Other Moves. If two moves that are the same priority are used the game will pick the start with your Pokémon's Speed Stat. The RNG adds a Slight Randomness to turn order when two (or More) Pokémon have the similar Speed stats.

If I remember correctly, If the Pokémon using Assist is slower and Gets Moves like Quick Attack and Extreme Speed, it will not jump ahead of the Order. But then I could be mistaken.
    As Assist is affected by Prankster, it leads me to believe that the inverse, a slower Pokemon without Prankster, shall use Assist later as the RNG works later. Wait, I shall go and confirm it for you right now.

Edit: Turns out both of us were correct. I used a Liepard without Prankster against an EV Trained Latias and even checked that Latias was faster by using Calm Mind before. The Liepard only had Smeargle in its team, with Extremespeed. Latias' Dragon Pulse went before Liepard's Assisted Extremespeed.
    Last edited by Mew The Gato; 28th September 2013 at 7:26 AM.

Considering thatconfusion is healed once switched out anyway, it wouldn't matter much.

But, yes. IIRC the only Major Status Ailment (Poison, Paralysis, Freeze, Sleep, Confusion, Infatuation) it doesn't heal is Infatuation.

Which Pokémon don't count towards completing the national dex for the Shiny Charm?

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 868 eggs | Current Hunt:

Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    Which Pokémon don't count towards completing the national dex for the Shiny Charm?
    All Events.

Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Phione, Shaymin, Arceus, Darkrai, Victini, Meloetta, Keldeo, and Genesect.

Why is the 4th Gen hack check thread virtually dead with people who check your Pokemon? Also, what's the fastest way to get saved on mystery dungeon sky? I posted in the save me thread like last year probably and I still haven't been saved. I also joined numerous guilds but still no one who's able to save me.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    Why is the 4th Gen hack check thread virtually dead with people who check your Pokemon? Also, what's the fastest way to get saved on mystery dungeon sky? I posted in the save me thread like last year probably and I still haven't been saved. I also joined numerous guilds but still no one who's able to save me.
    Because people barely if ever go there.

Just post there again, or send the thing to me, I'd do it.
    The problem with it is that people won't do resues on things like Zero Isle or the Master Rank Dungeons.

Page 734 of 876 FirstFirst ... 634684724730731732733734735736737738744784834 ... LastLast