View Poll Results: No

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

7 13.73%
  • NO!

1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 737 of 842 FirstFirst ... 637687727733734735736737738739740741747787837 ... LastLast
Results 18,401 to 18,425 of 21049

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon trainer Black View Post
    What are dream world female pokemon and whats the big deal about them?
    It's a 25% chance of finding one (unless that Pokemon is always female). Female Pokemon can pass down hidden Abilities to another Pokemon when bred, which males can't do.

Thanks BlackStar80!

http://naminepony.proboards.com/
    ^Please join It's awesome

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Does anyone know the difference between the XY guide book hardcover vs paperback? Because the hardcover is a lot cheaper on Amazon
    Besides the thickness of the Cover? I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    How do I post reputation points for people?
    See the Star under each Persons post. That how you give rep to that post. There are limits such as you need to give another 40 people rep before you can sent to to the same person again, and there is a limit per day you can give.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quick Question.

I'm currently Speed EV Training my Friend's Pichu and something odd is happening.

I gave it the Ankle Brace at Level 1 and Killed off a bunch of Basculen(They give off Speed EV). Now It's a Pikachu at level 51 with a speed of 112. When I remove the Brace, It's speed remains the same. Shouldn't it's speed be at least 200 if I remove it?

I thought Ankle Brace Halfs the speed only if the Pokemon is Holding it...
    They don't call me Orange for nothin' you know....

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Orange View Post
    Quick Question.

I'm currently Speed EV Training my Friend's Pichu and something odd is happening.

I gave it the Ankle Brace at Level 1 and Killed off a bunch of Basculen(They give off Speed EV). Now It's a Pikachu at level 51 with a speed of 112. When I remove the Brace, It's speed remains the same. Shouldn't it's speed be at least 200 if I remove it?

I thought Ankle Brace Halfs the speed only if the Pokemon is Holding it...
    When it says that the Power Anklet promotes Speed gain but halves Speed in battle, that doesn't mean that the actual Speed stat is affected. What it means is that it gives you +4 Speed EVs per battle, but while the Pokemon is holding it, it makes the Pokemon half as fast IN BATTLE ONLY. Think of it as the Pokemon is fast when the Power Anklet is off. Then you give it the Power Anklet and it's really heavy, so even though you have a fast Pokemon, it can't use its speed because you're weighing it down while you're training it. Then when you're done training, the Pokemon can use its Speed again.

Basically, the Power Anklet gains you Speed EVs, boosting your Pokemon's Speed stat, but you can't actually use the Speed stat while holding the item. It's like the Lagging Tail. It doesn't change what speed stat you have, but it slows you down.

My trade shop is now open!
    Offering: HA Pokemon, Egg Moves, Shinies, Legends, and Events! I have game-exclusive MEGA STONES and ENIGMA BERRIES available for trade!

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.

Firstly the Torchic from wifi. Can I use this gem of a Pokemon from the get go? Or is it post pokemon league only? This is a big deal to me because it's the deciding factor on whether I choose Charizard X or Mega Blastoise.

It does seem weird if you can get it from the get to because near the beginning of the game you can possibly end up with 3 starters from different generations lol.

Another question is in regards to game mechanics. Does Mega Charizard X Mega evolve before stealth rock comes into effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Graz View Post
    Firstly the Torchic from wifi. Can I use this gem of a Pokemon from the get go? Or is it post pokemon league only? This is a big deal to me because it's the deciding factor on whether I choose Charizard X or Mega Blastoise.

It does seem weird if you can get it from the get to because near the beginning of the game you can possibly end up with 3 starters from different generations lol.

Another question is in regards to game mechanics. Does Mega Charizard X Mega evolve before stealth rock comes into effect?
    You can use Torchic from start.

Bcause Mega-Evolutions require you to get to the attack menu, which always takes ppace after Stealth Rock, Spikes, etc. Charizard will Mega Evolve after Stealth Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    You can use Torchic from start.

Bcause Mega-Evolutions require you to get to the attack menu, which always takes ppace after Stealth Rock, Spikes, etc. Charizard will Mega Evolve after Stealth Rock.
    Thank you for answering. I understand that online, you are only allowed 1 mega evolved pokemon in your team of six. Does this apply in game? Or can you have a team of 6 and use all of their mega evolutions in one battle?

Quote Originally Posted by Graz View Post
    Thank you for answering. I understand that online, you are only allowed 1 mega evolved pokemon in your team of six. Does this apply in game? Or can you have a team of 6 and use all of their mega evolutions in one battle?
    It probably also means In-Game.

My question is more of an opinion one. To spoil or not to spoil? As you probably know, X and Y leaks are all over the web. (and obviously these forums). As I've been on these forums, I've obviously seen some of them. (ie. Pokemon names + types + evolution names) But I haven't seen any actual pictures.

I really want to keep the element of surprise for this Gen, especially because we've never had a worldwide release before and really a unique opportunity to explore a new region not knowing all of the pokemon and such.

I wish leaks hadn't come out at all, it would have taken away the temptation, haha.

Should I peak at the starter evolutions? I guess I'll force myself to stop there. I just wish I hadn't already seen so many type combos and names :/ Does looking at the leaks take away the fun of surprise in the game for you? Did you look and why/why not?

First Playthrough: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Quote Originally Posted by Cup of Tea View Post
    My question is more of an opinion one. To spoil or not to spoil? As you probably know, X and Y leaks are all over the web. (and obviously these forums). As I've been on these forums, I've obviously seen some of them. (ie. Pokemon names + types + evolution names) But I haven't seen any actual pictures.

I really want to keep the element of surprise for this Gen, especially because we've never had a worldwide release before and really a unique opportunity to explore a new region not knowing all of the pokemon and such.

I wish leaks hadn't come out at all, it would have taken away the temptation, haha.

Should I peak at the starter evolutions? I guess I'll force myself to stop there. I just wish I hadn't already seen so many type combos and names :/ Does looking at the leaks take away the fun of surprise in the game for you? Did you look and why/why not?
    Well, it it doesn't personally take the fun away from me due to me not actually getting XY until late November, spand in that time period I'll already have gotten into everything from the Pokémon to the Characters to the Music, so yeah, it doesn't really matter much to me.

Knowing the Pokémon will also allow me to create my Team.

I did, however, not look at all the past Pokémon that would be in the game. The only ones I know that weren't officially revelaed being the Surskit line, due to fangasm curiosity.

The only Pokemon I have seen are the ones that Serebii has posted over the past few months, plus the final starter evos. I like knowing what my starter is going to evolve into and what type it will be before I choose it, because I don't want to regret my choice. For example, I was thinking about choosing Chespin because he's so adorable, but I absolutely hate his final evolution. That would have been a disappointment for me while playing X and Y to have a final starter evo that I really didn't like.

Other than that, I have managed to avoid seeing any leaks and any new Pokemon that weren't revealed by Game Freak, and I want to keep it that way. This is a brand new Pokemon game, and the first on the 3DS, and I want to try to relive my Red/Blue days by knowing as little as possible about it when I start playing it next Saturday. I'm so excited to finally be going into a game and seeing brand new Pokemon that I've never seen before, ever! It will be great to be able to finally catch Pokemon without knowing how "good" they are or what "tier" they're in, and to just be able to play the game for fun!

My trade shop is now open!
    Offering: HA Pokemon, Egg Moves, Shinies, Legends, and Events! I have game-exclusive MEGA STONES and ENIGMA BERRIES available for trade!

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.

Post Why can't I sometimes escape from the wild battle in any Pokémon games?

Do you know the reason I sometimes cannot escape from the wild Pokémon battle in any of the Pokémon games?

Are you wearing your light-up shoes?

Quote Originally Posted by MiloticTwins View Post
    Do you know the reason I sometimes cannot escape from the wild Pokémon battle in any of the Pokémon games?
    There's a formula for how to determine if you successfully flee. A good chunk of it is how fast your Pokemon is, and if your Pokemon isn't much faster than your opponent, there's a good chance you won't successfully flee.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by MiloticTwins View Post
    It usually depends on speed match-ups...

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Are you wearing your light-up shoes?
    How did you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Validus View Post
    but above all else

die happy

Are there any hidden items upon the deck of ship aqua on hgss or i should not bother myself about looking for any?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodflowers View Post
    Are there any hidden items upon the deck of ship aqua on hgss or i should not bother myself about looking for any?
    Nope, only the things that are given to you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Validus View Post
    but above all else

die happy

simple question:

does 1 def = 1 hp?

if im being attacked, does the difference 1 def makes equal the difference 1 hp makes?
    not taking into account any other effects, or abilities. just raw attacking and defending.

example
    i want to try to survive a special attack, i can either add 50 more Special Defense, or 50 more HP, does one help me tank this hail mary hit in question? (not 50 more EV since its not a 1:1 ratio, but 50 more actual stat numbers)

I looked up the new Pokemon/Mega's leaks, because I was curious! xD
    Maybe it is even better if you look at the pictures because some new Pokemon are really an experiment (for example Froakie's last stage)... If you don't like some Pokemon I think you can get used to them faster and don't hate them when the games are out. But if you look at the new Pokemon and hate some of them, you could start to love them with some little time (before the games are out)!
    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post

I'm so excited to finally be going into a game and seeing brand new Pokemon that I've never seen before, ever! It will be great to be able to finally catch Pokemon without knowing how "good" they are or what "tier" they're in, and to just be able to play the game for fun!
    I don't want to spoil it, but there are really few new Pokemon that you haven't seen if you followed the official reveals...
    -
    -
    -
    My question:

Is this a known bug?? My story:

I was just on Route 18 in White 2 and battled against Veteran Gina (it was a Triple Battle). She used Donphan, Skarmory and Kingdra. One Pokemon of mine was fainted and another one was an egg... My other four Pokemon were Samurott, Roserade, Zoroark and Unfezant (on the last spot)... I battled her Pokemon with Samurott, Roserade and Zoroark (disguised as Unfezant because of ability). I KO'd her Donphan and she KO'd my Samurott and Roserade. Then I needed to choose the next Pokemon to battle which was only Unfezant that should have worked... But it couldn't pick it and I was then stuck there... I couldn't do anything to continue the game (except restarting my save-file of course).
    Was the reason for this because my Zoroark was disguised as Unfezant?? Or, also, because I had that egg? I don't know...

Is this a known bug, or am I doing something wrong?
    Last edited by Hasty Jynx; 7th October 2013 at 8:04 PM.

- Swirlix Murder Supporter -

Quote Originally Posted by Hasty Jynx View Post
    -
    My question:

Is this a known bug?? My story:

I was just on Route 18 in White 2 and battled against Veteran Gina (it was a Triple Battle). She used Donphan, Skarmory and Kingdra. One Pokemon of mine was fainted and another one was an egg... My other four Pokemon were Samurott, Roserade, Zoroark and Unfezant (on the last spot)... I battled her Pokemon with Samurott, Roserade and Zoroark (disguised as Unfezant because of ability). I KO'd her Donphan and she KO'd my Samurott and Roserade. Then I needed to choose the next Pokemon to battle which was only Unfezant that should have worked... But it couldn't pick it and I was then stuck there... I couldn't do anything to continue the game (except restarting my save-file of course).
    Was the reason for this because my Zoroark was disguised as Unfezant?? Or, also, because I had that egg? I don't know...

Is this a known bug, or am I doing something wrong?
    If I remember correctly, you get a Pick your Pokémon, then another Pick screen, to show which Pokemon you want to replace. Its' confusing but actually needed for when you've had two or 3 KO in a single round. It's very confusing.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    If I remember correctly, you get a Pick your Pokémon, then another Pick screen, to show which Pokemon you want to replace. Its' confusing but actually needed for when you've had two or 3 KO in a single round. It's very confusing.
    I picked Unfezant of all 6 "boxes" first, then I pressed on the "big box" with Unfezant (to confirm the picked Pokemon) and nothing happened. I tried it like 10 times.

I picked Unfezant of all 6 "boxes" first, then I pressed on the "big box" with Unfezant (to confirm the picked Pokemon) and nothing happened. I tried it like 10 times.
    Yeah, this is hard. You have to chose the pokemon that is ko'd first i believe and then pick the pokemon you want to switch it out with.......i think XD
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

This confused me big time the first time it happenrd to me. Once you pick the first pokemon you want to switch in, then you have to select the fainted pokemon whom you want the new one to replace. Then they will shift, and you can select the second and third the same way.

Steel-Types are my favorites!

Member Of:
    Kingdom Hearts Club of Oblivion
    Steel-Type Club
    The Legend of Zelda Club
    The Megaman Club

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    Yeah, this is hard. You have to chose the pokemon that is ko'd first i believe and then pick the pokemon you want to switch it out with.......i think XD

Quote Originally Posted by FierceDeity1 View Post
    This confused me big time the first time it happenrd to me. Once you pick the first pokemon you want to switch in, then you have to select the fainted pokemon whom you want the new one to replace. Then they will shift, and you can select the second and third the same way.
    Ok thanks, I will try next time.^^

Do shiny dream world ditto's exist? I'm thinking not since you probally can't breed ditto's dreamworld ability since it genderless.

Page 737 of 842 FirstFirst ... 637687727733734735736737738739740741747787837 ... LastLast