View Poll Results: No

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

7 13.73%
  • NO!

1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 742 of 860 FirstFirst ... 642692732738739740741742743744745746752792842 ... LastLast
Results 18,526 to 18,550 of 21493

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

With the super training minigame in X/Y to give pokemon extra effort values, do these only reflect when they level up, or will their stats slightly increase along with you doing it?

As in, if you max them out int eh super training when they're level 100, you'll never see a difference, and to see the biggest difference, you do it ASAP. Just wondering if I should get on it quick or if their stats upgrade the moment they increase in the super training, or maybe it's hidden stats makingthem stronger, you get my question by now x_x

Quote Originally Posted by Azreide View Post
    With the super training minigame in X/Y to give pokemon extra effort values, do these only reflect when they level up, or will their stats slightly increase along with you doing it?

As in, if you max them out int eh super training when they're level 100, you'll never see a difference, and to see the biggest difference, you do it ASAP. Just wondering if I should get on it quick or if their stats upgrade the moment they increase in the super training, or maybe it's hidden stats makingthem stronger, you get my question by now x_x
    EVs apply the moment you receive them. However, due to the way base stats work, you won't see the full effect in the visible stats until you hit level 100.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    EVs apply the moment you receive them. However, due to the way base stats work, you won't see the full effect in the visible stats until you hit level 100.
    So you could do all the training when they're at level 100 and it'll be still jsut as effective?

Quote Originally Posted by Azreide View Post
    So you could do all the training when they're at level 100 and it'll be still jsut as effective?
    Not really. You'll spend more time "resetting" the EVs than Actual EV training. Remember that if you put 100 Evs in a stat you need, you won't need to put it in again. The effect of those EVs will appear over time.

If you got to Level 100, You'd have to Remove any EVs you get already, as any battle experience or EXP shared will give EVs to the Pokémon. In Emerald*, 4th Gen, Black 2 and White 2. This requires you to collect lots of a certain type of berries, and Feed it to the Pokémon. The Berries can be used in Black and White**, but there a few means of collecting them without trading with Black 2 and White 2. This could take days or even WEEKS to collect enough of the correct Berries to "reset" your EVs.

In Black 2 and White 2, certain stores in the Join Avenue can Reduce your EVs and other Stores can Add EVs, but to get to the level when you can use it, weeks may have passed.

Super Training in X & Y can alter EVs, but I've not paid that much attention. I can say It's easier to track EVs.

*Many Emerald carts now have a dead clock battery and you can not obtain many berries, as you can not grow them, or obtain more than a handful of Berries. The Berries are available in all 3rd gen games, but only in very limited quantities, unless the Hoenn game has a working Clock Battery.

**All 5th Gen game used to use the Dream World to collect berries. As of the 1st October, it is not longer possible to register a new game, and the 5th gen Dream world will stop working just before Christmas. Also to note you can not send berries from the 4th to the 5th Gen due to the Item Block when sending Pokémon.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Where is the move tutor? According to the map it is in Laverre city but I can't find it anywhere.
    I've always played pokemon rather casually I pick pokemon based on if I like the look of them, not types or moves, yet I never find the game difficult, I am still good at it.
    I only just found out that psychic is good against poison, or is it the other way? I also still haven't memorised how psychic/dark/ghost/normal effect each other.

I've had chespin (full EVO) through out the whole game and it apparently isn't happy enough to learn the ultimate move :/
    I've always played pokemon rather casually I pick pokemon based on if I like the look of them, not types or moves, yet I never find the game difficult, I am still good at it.
    I only just found out that psychic is good against poison, or is it the other way? I also still haven't memorised how psychic/dark/ghost/normal effect each other.

Quote Originally Posted by scorcher117 View Post
    I've had chespin (full EVO) through out the whole game and it apparently isn't happy enough to learn the ultimate move :/
    This is a wild guess and I have absolutely no idea if it will work or not, but have you tried playing with it on Pokemon Amie and getting it to full happiness that way?

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

it the onlY pokemon I have used pokemon amie with

I checked the ItemDex and it hasn't been updated, so I'll ask here:

Where can I find the Amulet Coin in X&Y?

Edit: Never mind that! I just found it in Parfum Palace's Library.
    Last edited by Blackjack the Titan; 15th October 2013 at 1:34 AM.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Am I the only one that thinks X and Y have a ton of references or hints at future generations? For example,
        Spoiler:

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Quote Originally Posted by Cup of Tea View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks X and Y have a ton of references or hints at future generations? For example,
        Spoiler:
    I saw a screenshot of that and he says facility.

Anyway, I'm leaning towards R/S remake and the facility is the Space Center.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by Cup of Tea View Post
        Spoiler:
    Well the Parfum Palace tourists and servants discuss loads of historical events. One of these includes the victory of the armies from Kalos winning over armies from neighboring regions in a long past war.
    It'd be great to go from a First-World Region this gen to a second-world or third-world region next gen and help rebuild the country into a more suitable place.
    The developers really wanted to add a lot of lore to the region and make it more authentic. Last gen had some lore but it wasn't as powerful nor deep.

Where is the Pokémon Daycare in X&Y?
    Last edited by Blackjack the Titan; 15th October 2013 at 3:54 AM.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

My DS System wont connect to Wifi, I'm trying to complete the Pokedex so this really sucks, Help?

Quote Originally Posted by ChadBoomgaarn View Post
    My DS System wont connect to Wifi, I'm trying to complete the Pokedex so this really sucks, Help?
    What kind of DS do you have, and what error message are you getting?

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Question.
    If you start chaining with your Pokeradar during a swarm(Chaining the Pokemon that is swarming and in Gen 4) if you leave the DS in sleep mode until the next day (I guess swarms change everyday at night. Or is it just for me).
    If the swarm changes can you still chain swarming Pokemon?
    I really want to get some shiny swarmers , but I don't have much time to get up to 40 in one day. And that is why I ask for help.

3DS FC: 1779 1755 8755

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    What kind of DS do you have, and what error message are you getting?
    Also, what games. DSi's enhanced Wi-Fi capabilities only apply to DSi enhanced games. In Pokemon's case, Gen 5. The Gen 4 games are still restricted to the DS WEP or Unsecured Wi-Fi networks.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

HELP! Does anybody know how I can fix this problem: whenever I connect to online features of pokemon X it always says : "Communication with the server was interrupted" Can anyone provide a solution? please I really need help. Thank you!

Friend Code: 4098-3521-9140

Quote Originally Posted by avalon3 View Post
    HELP! Does anybody know how I can fix this problem: whenever I connect to online features of pokemon X it always says : "Communication with the server was interrupted" Can anyone provide a solution? please I really need help. Thank you!

Friend Code: 4098-3521-9140
    No one here is at all remotely familiar with what you've done to the 3DS in terms of configuring a Wi-Fi network, or is familiar with your router.

You should find someone who is (you, a family member, etc...) and contact Nintendo support. Their phone numbers are here:

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/contact.jsp

In my Pokemon X playthrough, I got an Impish Charmander and disregarded the -SPA nature until it evolved into a Charizard. At this point, I realized, the -SPA nature really EXTREMELY limiting. My Charizard's SPA stat is just barely at 80 at Level 36, while my Greninja's SpAtk is around 99.
    I've gotten too far into the game to start over, so I'd like to work a physical moveset into my Charizard. And thanks to Mega Charizard X, it might just make even more sense with the ATK boost.

I've been thinking that with Super Training and 252 Atk/ 252 Spe, Charizard's moveset can consist of:
    -Dragon Claw
    -Fire Punch (or Flame Charge?)
    -Power-Up Punch
    -Earthquake

How would this be? Also, does anyone know where the move tutor is at in X and Y? My Greninja is adamant natured, so I'd like to teach it Night Slash from the move tutor to compliment its ATK.

When will Pokemon showdown fully incorporate Gen 6 Pokemon without only being able to battle Gen 6 via the challenge screen? Also, is the move oblivion wing exclusive to Yvetal? If so, what's Xernas's signature move? Is it geomancy?
    Last edited by Lord Fighting; 15th October 2013 at 10:04 PM.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    When will Pokemon showdown fully incorporate Gen 6 Pokemon without only being able to battle Gen 6 via the challenge screen? Also, is the move oblivion wing exclusive to Yvetal? If so, what's Xernas's signature move? Is it geomancy?
    Well, I'm not sure. We've only had our hands on the games for about a week tops at the moment. While our competitive section may use Pokemon showdown, not all the staff here use this service. Currently, the best place to ask on Pokémon Showdowns own forums. However the Issue is that we're still pulling out data for many new Pokémon and Moves, and if there is a Move effect change, it could take a little time to work out the effects, or even know about it.

Unlike Last two or three generations, We can't Look in to the game code and pull lots of data out. We're doing the old fashioned way. For Black & White 1, the site Pokédex in better shape after 2 days, than X & Y is at the moment.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Hey I wanted to start getting into competitive battles and I have a question about EV training. Do only certain pokemon give you EV's? If so, if I avoid battling these pokemon will my pokemon's stats be the exact same as a pokemon that was leveled up with only rare candys? thanks for the help.

Hm Does anyone have any idea what Xeneas ideal nature would be?

Also anyone knows if megas retain shiny colors?

Quote Originally Posted by Griever789 View Post
    Hm Does anyone have any idea what Xeneas ideal nature would be?

Also anyone knows if megas retain shiny colors?
    I've been hearing that Xerneas needs a Timid or Modest nature.

-------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    I've been hearing that Xerneas needs a Timid or Modest nature.
    About What I thought, Seems like all legendaries need timid natures.

Page 742 of 860 FirstFirst ... 642692732738739740741742743744745746752792842 ... LastLast