View Poll Results: No

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    7 13.73%
  • NO!

    1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 744 of 838 FirstFirst ... 644694734740741742743744745746747748754794 ... LastLast
Results 18,576 to 18,600 of 20927

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

  1. #18576
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    UK - GMT +0
    Posts
    924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akanjăo View Post
    I think it is only 69, really. The games was released on Saturday and we probably would have any information about new pokemon by now, considering all the sudden unofficial news much before the games was released. Wouldn't we already have some news?
    Do you know why there's so few Pokemon then?
    Quote Originally Posted by broomstig
    computers are brilliant, its the users that cause the problems.
    3DS FC: 3497 1041 4758
    Credit to: Sworn Metalhead for the frontier symbol, Astral Shadow for the trinity ice and frontier userbars and Fairywitch for the pokegyms userbar and Kida-Ookami for the ice badge.

  2. #18577
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    Do you know why there's so few Pokemon then?
    I'm not sure that we really know why, as none of us are on Game Freak's Pokemon staff. But in my opinion, I think that Game Freak realizes that they have 718 Pokemon now, and that's a lot. They need to keep this franchise alive, as it's one of their most profitable, but at the same time, they can't just keep creating and creating Pokemon, or playing the game will become so overwhelming that it won't be enjoyable anymore. Plus, for each Pokemon they make, that's TONS of programming that they have to do for it. Eventually it'll get too overwhelming for both the players and the programmers.


    My trade shop is now open!
    Offering: HA Pokemon, Egg Moves, Shinies, Legends, and Events! I have game-exclusive MEGA STONES and ENIGMA BERRIES available for trade!

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.

  3. #18578
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshino View Post
    I checked every square in front of the waterfalls and I could not find it
    Just to double-check, you're in post-game and it's between 8-9 pm (assuming the Mega Ring is upgraded), right? If so, it should be right near those three tiny waterfalls.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Dunsparce!

  4. #18579
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Well time for me to post a question . How do you get Hidden Abilities for pokemon in x/y? My main reason for asking is for the Male Meowstic Trickster Hidden Ability.

  5. #18580

    Default

    Horde encounters and Friend Safari encounters have a chance of having the Hidden Abilities.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  6. #18581
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    Do you know why there's so few Pokemon then?
    Before Gen VI, we had 649 Pokémon. Which is a lot. There comes a point were it becomes inefficient to produce large quantities of Pokémon all at once. If you ran a small convenience store, and you still had a fair stock of bread, would you call for 50 more loafs or 150? You would most likely call for 50 loafs, since 150 would leave you overstocked.

    Plus, there are only so many ways that you can alter the stat, type, and movepool spreads without it becoming either redundant or overpowered. I know that Game Freak still has a ways to go in terms of combinations, but it is a more strategic and productive move in the long run to take their time and save some of those combinations for later Gens. Furthermore, those 649 Pokémon from the first five Gens are still perfectly usable, so why ignore them in favor of unnecessary new Pokémon?

    Even further is the fact that having such a large number of Pokémon isn't easy to maintain, as they have to create the models for each and every Pokémon variant in the game (including forms, gender differences, and most of all, Shinies, which alone double the number of models that they have to make), animate them in several different ways for different situations, add Pokédex entries for every one, etc., etc. It takes up a lot of data, and XY were already very full games with loads of other features.

    And lastly, there is also the matter of having to come up with names for every new Pokémon while also ensuring that they aren't infringing on any existing trademarks.

    (And this is, of course, the point at which mega evolutions come in, as they are a brilliant concept from a production standpoint since they allow Game Freak to circumvent a lot of these issues while still introducing new content.)
    Last edited by Endolise; 17th October 2013 at 9:37 PM.
    My New 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Simply PM me if you want to add my code.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  7. #18582

    Default

    What little money it costs them to trademark each name is not a prohibitive factor. They don't have to "acquire" anything.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  8. #18583
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    What little money it costs them to trademark each name is not a prohibitive factor. They don't have to "acquire" anything.
    Yeah, I blame that on poor wording and my hazy memory. Turns out that I was thinking of a recent interview in which Masuda said that names are hard to come up with and that they have to make sure that they aren't infringing on any existing rights, but as I said, poor wording and a hazy memory. And any money spent is money spent, no matter how big or little the amount, so it is still at least something that I would consider if I were in their position.
    Last edited by Endolise; 17th October 2013 at 9:35 PM.
    My New 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Simply PM me if you want to add my code.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  9. #18584
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Simple question, does the improved Overcoat protects against spore as well?

  10. #18585
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    UK - GMT +0
    Posts
    924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Before Gen VI, we had 649 Pokémon. Which is a lot. There comes a point were it becomes inefficient to produce large quantities of Pokémon all at once. If you ran a small convenience store, and you still had a fair stock of bread, would you call for 50 more loafs or 150? You would most likely call for 50 loafs, since 150 would leave you overstocked.

    Plus, there are only so many ways that you can alter the stat, type, and movepool spreads without it becoming either redundant or overpowered. I know that Game Freak still has a ways to go in terms of combinations, but it is a more strategic and productive move in the long run to take their time and save some of those combinations for later Gens. Furthermore, those 649 Pokémon from the first five Gens are still perfectly usable, so why ignore them in favor of unnecessary new Pokémon?

    Even further is the fact that having such a large number of Pokémon isn't easy to maintain, as they have to create the models for each and every Pokémon variant in the game (including forms, gender differences, and most of all, Shinies, which alone double the number of models that they have to make), animate them in several different ways for different situations, add Pokédex entries for every one, etc., etc. It takes up a lot of data, and XY were already very full games with loads of other features.

    And lastly, there is also the matter of having to come up with names for every new Pokémon while also ensuring that they aren't infringing on any existing trademarks.

    (And this is, of course, the point at which mega evolutions come in, as they are a brilliant concept from a production standpoint since they allow Game Freak to circumvent a lot of these issues while still introducing new content.)
    Would it be safe to assume then that this will be the last main series Pokemon game with the exception of Pokemon Z which may introduce new Pokemon or forms?
    Quote Originally Posted by broomstig
    computers are brilliant, its the users that cause the problems.
    3DS FC: 3497 1041 4758
    Credit to: Sworn Metalhead for the frontier symbol, Astral Shadow for the trinity ice and frontier userbars and Fairywitch for the pokegyms userbar and Kida-Ookami for the ice badge.

  11. #18586
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    Would it be safe to assume then that this will be the last main series Pokemon game with the exception of Pokemon Z which may introduce new Pokemon or forms?
    No, that would not be a safe assumption at all. There is still lots of money to be made, and even if they were to, hypothetically, stop introducing new Pokémon altogether, they could still make new Pokémon games that feature existing Pokémon. As I said, old Pokémon are still perfectly usable, and mega evolutions can expand on older Pokémon and introduce new content while being more-or-less equivalent to Forme changes on a technical basis.
    Last edited by Endolise; 17th October 2013 at 10:10 PM.
    My New 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Simply PM me if you want to add my code.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  12. #18587
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    UK - GMT +0
    Posts
    924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    No, that would not be a safe assumption at all. There is still lots of money to be made, and even if they were to, hypothetically, stop introducing new Pokémon altogether, they could still make new Pokémon games that feature existing Pokémon. As I said, old Pokémon are still perfectly usable, and mega evolutions can expand on older Pokémon and introduce new content while being more-or-less equivalent to Forme changes on a technical basis.
    Like I said, I don't expect them to STOP COMPLETLEY making games, I asked if Pokemon Z will be the last game in the MAIN SERIES. I have no doubt that they will continue to make games in the SIDE SERIES like the mystery dungeon series for example. And on that note, have any plans for a new MD game which includes Gen 6 pokemon been announced/ made yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by broomstig
    computers are brilliant, its the users that cause the problems.
    3DS FC: 3497 1041 4758
    Credit to: Sworn Metalhead for the frontier symbol, Astral Shadow for the trinity ice and frontier userbars and Fairywitch for the pokegyms userbar and Kida-Ookami for the ice badge.

  13. #18588
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    Like I said, I don't expect them to STOP COMPLETLEY making games, I asked if Pokemon Z will be the last game in the MAIN SERIES.
    I know, and I was saying that, in all likelihood, "Pokémon Z" will not be the last game in the main series. There is no reason to think or worry that it will be, although since Gen IV at the latest, there has always been a number of people who have thought that the then-current games would be the last.
    My New 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Simply PM me if you want to add my code.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  14. #18589
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Where Life Starts and End
    Posts
    1,847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    Like I said, I don't expect them to STOP COMPLETLEY making games, I asked if Pokemon Z will be the last game in the MAIN SERIES. I have no doubt that they will continue to make games in the SIDE SERIES like the mystery dungeon series for example. And on that note, have any plans for a new MD game which includes Gen 6 pokemon been announced/ made yet?
    Oh dear, that's exactly what he said. They still can make new games featuring older pokemons or remakes.

    But I don't think it'll end any soon. For example, Yu-Gi-Oh! could pretty much die at the 5D's, but we still get a lot of new cards and it's just getting more and more better. ZeXal is simply awesome (regarding the TCG at least).
    There's a long road for pokemon! As long they keep to introducing new things; such as a new form to play (Double, Triple, Sky battle, things like this) and a better storyline or charismatic characters plus new pokemon, they can keep going. Creativity is out there!

    For the number of new pokemons... 69 is included the MegaEvos, right? Or not? It's indeed a low number. But next gen we might get more, I guess. Just remember, Gen II had only 100 new pokemon, and some of them were babies.
    Last edited by Sohryu; 17th October 2013 at 10:50 PM.

  15. #18590
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akanjăo View Post
    For the number of new pokemons... 69 is included the MegaEvos, right? Or not? It's indeed a low number. But next gen we might get more, I guess. Just remember, Gen II had only 100 new pokemon, and some of them were babies.
    No, 69 is the number of new Pokémon independent of the mega evolutions. I think that there are 27(?) mega evolutions, so in total, Gen VI has introduced ~96 new "Pokémon."
    Last edited by Endolise; 17th October 2013 at 10:54 PM.
    My New 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Simply PM me if you want to add my code.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  16. #18591
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    Like I said, I don't expect them to STOP COMPLETLEY making games, I asked if Pokemon Z will be the last game in the MAIN SERIES. I have no doubt that they will continue to make games in the SIDE SERIES like the mystery dungeon series for example. And on that note, have any plans for a new MD game which includes Gen 6 pokemon been announced/ made yet?
    Pokemon is a MASSIVELY popular and profitable franchise, especially in Japan. Japan's Pokemon market makes the profits from the North American market look like pennies. That's why Japan gets more events than we do. The main series games are also the main source of income for the franchise. That said, I think that there is absolutely no way that Game Freak will stop producing main-series Pokemon games until the money stops coming in. Once it ceases being profitable, they will stop producing it. They can make plenty more main-series games using the Pokemon they already have, and just adding new regions, new formes/mechanics (like Mega Evolutions), new types and type combos, and new bad guys to stop. Even if they stopped making new Pokemon, I would definitely still buy the series because I love the concept and the games.


    My trade shop is now open!
    Offering: HA Pokemon, Egg Moves, Shinies, Legends, and Events! I have game-exclusive MEGA STONES and ENIGMA BERRIES available for trade!

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.

  17. #18592
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Where Life Starts and End
    Posts
    1,847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    No, 69 is the number of new Pokémon independent of the mega evolutions. I think that there are 27(?) mega evolutions, so in total, Gen VI has introduced ~96 new "Pokémon."
    Oh dear, that much? I thought it was 69 counting the MegaEvos. Then well, it wasn't such a low number, you see. 96 is perfectly fine, since MegaEvos are pretty much new pokemon. Also, strange stuff... 69 new pokemon and a total of 96... 69-96 : http://narwhaler.com/original/bk/8/a...ace-bk8fKw.jpg

  18. #18593
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Hope this is the right thread for this sort of question, just caught a shiny level 30 growlithe from the friend safari with intimidate, it's naive nature so although it gains speed it loses Sp.Def, it's superior iv's in speed and hp. what Evs would be the best to train it in? 252 att, 252 speed, 8? and would the small Sp.Def loss affect it much?

  19. #18594
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akanjăo View Post
    Oh dear, that much? I thought it was 69 counting the MegaEvos. Then well, it wasn't such a low number, you see. 96 is perfectly fine, since MegaEvos are pretty much new pokemon. Also, strange stuff... 69 new pokemon and a total of 96... 69-96 : http://narwhaler.com/original/bk/8/a...ace-bk8fKw.jpg
    I just did a recount; there are actually 28 mega evolutions. I was off by one. :P
    My New 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Simply PM me if you want to add my code.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  20. #18595
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Does anyone know if flareon finally got a decent physical fire move?

  21. #18596
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ice Path
    Posts
    759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenshortz View Post
    Does anyone know if flareon finally got a decent physical fire move?
    Yes, there was something, another physical Fire move, but I'm not sure anymore what it was...


    ----
    Can you somehow get, say, an offspring of a Kecleon with Body Slam (Gen3 Move Tutor) with the same move (Body Slam) in newer generations?

    Is there a way to get "your own"(OT, Trainer ID) Kecleon with Body Slam with newer generations than Gen3?
    Last edited by Hasty Jynx; 18th October 2013 at 11:01 AM.

    - Swirlix Murder Supporter -

  22. #18597
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenshortz View Post
    Does anyone know if flareon finally got a decent physical fire move?
    There always is Fire Fang.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasty Jynx View Post
    Yes, there was something, another physical Fire move, but I'm not sure anymore what it was...


    ----
    Can you somehow get, say, an offspring of a Kecleon with Body Slam (Gen3 Move Tutor) with the same move (Body Slam) in newer generations?

    Is there a way to get "your own"(OT, Trainer ID) Kecleon with Body Slam with newer generations than Gen3?
    Body Slam isn't an Egg Move for Kecleon, so no.


    Well, technically yes, if you have the ID, SID, OT, and Name exactly the same in all three Games you transfer them through, but that chance is so impossibly slim that you shouldn't really think about that.

  23. #18598
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ice Path
    Posts
    759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    There always is Fire Fang.


    Body Slam isn't an Egg Move for Kecleon, so no.


    Well, technically yes, if you have the ID, SID, OT, and Name exactly the same in all three Games you transfer them through, but that chance is so impossibly slim that you shouldn't really think about that.
    Ok, thanks. That is kinda annoying. <,<

    - Swirlix Murder Supporter -

  24. #18599
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sunken in a box of Lapras eggs
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasty Jynx View Post
    Yes, there was something, another physical Fire move, but I'm not sure anymore what it was...
    Flame charge.
    The other one is flame charge.
    Though it also sucks.
    Well if Flareon will not get Flare biltz soon it might get overshadowed by Entei.(It is kind of overshadowed already...)
    I think they should make a special move eeveelution event collection.
    Current hunt:
    MM (2510 eggs)
    Claimed the best grass type ever!--------->

    #TeamFennekin Waiting for Mega Serperior

    I am not here.
    You can't see me.
    No, you didn't see me.

  25. #18600
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    BEHIND YOU.
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Does anyone know of any decent tragedy fanfics? Beside No Antidote? In the mood for something sad, yo.
    I LIKE ELECTRODE
    PROBLEM?

Page 744 of 838 FirstFirst ... 644694734740741742743744745746747748754794 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •