View Poll Results: No

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

7 13.73%
  • NO!

1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 754 of 850 FirstFirst ... 654704744750751752753754755756757758764804 ... LastLast
Results 18,826 to 18,850 of 21228

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo282 View Post
    Spiky Shield is like Protect, protecting from all moves that target it. If it is targeted with a move that makes contact, the attacker is damaged 1/8 of its max HP.
    I take it then that it works like reflect and lasts a certain amount of turns? Also, is it only physical moves Chesnaught is protected from or all attacking moves as a whole?
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    I take it then that it works like reflect and lasts a certain amount of turns? Also, is it only physical moves Chesnaught is protected from or all attacking moves as a whole?
    Nope, it's just one turn. It's EXACTLY like Protect, save for the fact that it does damage to attackers that make contact.
    Author thread post:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpos...6&postcount=80
    Claims: Rampardos, Rival Silver, and Zoo Tycoon 2
    Competitive Pokemon (in training): (etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by AWildMew View Post
    Are you breeding with Ditto? That shall not work. You need to breed the Pokemon with a Pokemon in its own Egg Group, but not Ditto.
    I'm breeding a Ninetales with a Ninetales, not a Ditto.
    3DS FC: 4871-3342-0587

Safari Type

Spoiler:- CANNOT BE UNSEEN:

Quote Originally Posted by ga'hoolefan View Post
    Nope, it's just one turn. It's EXACTLY like Protect, save for the fact that it does damage to attackers that make contact.
    Well its only good on toxic stall sets then...

Is there an increased chance of getting shinies in the friend safari? I got one and want to know how lucky I actually am. (Snorunt)
    My FC: 3754-7348-9690

Quote Originally Posted by Sparadin View Post
    Is there an increased chance of getting shinies in the friend safari? I got one and want to know how lucky I actually am. (Snorunt)
    Technically, we can't prove that there is an increase in the odds, but with all the shinies people are getting, it appear that this may be the case. Nobody can figure out exact values though, since extracting data from the game does not appear possible at this time.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo // RU RMT

How come in Red/ Blue MD you had unlimited storage space and it organised your items via putting all the orbs consecutively and all the tms next to each other etc... yet in Time/Darkness/Sky all of this got ditched? In addition, why is Pokemon showdown preventing u from using Pokemon in battles that can't be found in the kalos region? It keeps giving me this ******** excuse that you can't use the majority of Pokemon because pokebank is unrealsed meaning Pokemon can't be migrated to kalos to be used. Well I'd just like to know why it matters. Its limited Gen 6 battles are no fun.
    Last edited by Lord Fighting; 4th November 2013 at 9:37 PM.

Does anyone what is the best level to feed medicines to your pokemon? Such as iron/protein and such. Is there a specific level for it to show and be more effective?

*Credit to SwornMetalhead at deaderic design for the aura banner, credit to astral shadow at the under for the buttons*

Quote Originally Posted by kamoarc119 View Post
    Does anyone what is the best level to feed medicines to your pokemon? Such as iron/protein and such. Is there a specific level for it to show and be more effective?
    Any level. But Lower is better for EV training.

Items like Iron and Protein give EVs to certain stat. However they can't be use past 100 EVs in one stat. EVs "boost" only have the full effect at level 100.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

I'm still having some concerns about the Masuda Method.
    I am from Australia and I know the Masuda Method works with pokemon from a foreign language region (Jap, Korea etc.)
    But, it is so very confusing when it comes to English speaking countries especially when it comes to Pokemon X and Y and the worldwide release.
    Can I Masuda Method one of my pokemon with a Pokemon from the US or the UK?
    It's so difficult, as I think The Australian version game is the exact same as the European region, which then makes me question whether other Languages like German will work for the Masuda method or not.
        Spoiler:- Current Y Shinies:

Spoiler:- Current HG BQ:

Without spoilers, does the story of X and Y leave room for more, in the same way the Black and White story did? Also, are there any hints to a Z game other than the existence of Zygarde?

Quote Originally Posted by Atratus View Post
    Without spoilers, does the story of X and Y leave room for more, in the same way the Black and White story did? Also, are there any hints to a Z game other than the existence of Zygarde?
    Well, it's more like there was a lot of unused potential that should have been used here. Much more wasn't used than with BW, so XY is more comparable to DP, I think. The story is superior to DP, though. Just don't expect a BW level plot, and you won't be disappointed. As for a Z game, Zygarde's existence is the only real hint.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 5th November 2013 at 8:28 AM.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo // RU RMT

Quote Originally Posted by jrmftw View Post
    I'm still having some concerns about the Masuda Method.
    I am from Australia and I know the Masuda Method works with pokemon from a foreign language region (Jap, Korea etc.)
    But, it is so very confusing when it comes to English speaking countries especially when it comes to Pokemon X and Y and the worldwide release.
    Can I Masuda Method one of my pokemon with a Pokemon from the US or the UK?
    It's so difficult, as I think The Australian version game is the exact same as the European region, which then makes me question whether other Languages like German will work for the Masuda method or not.
    If your game is in English and you get a Pokemon from another region (like UK or US) that is also in English, the Masuda Method won't work. It has to be a Pokemon from a different region and in a different language. German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, or any other European language will work with the Masuda Method.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

If I breed an Illuminate Volbeat and a Prankster Illumise, is there a chance that a volbeat will hatch with Prankster? Just a little question before I start IV breeding.
    Latest Shiny (8/6/14)
    Obtained via: MM Egg 76
    X: 2723-9673-8419
    FS:

Is there a form of multiplayer battle in X and Y (Or Black and White for that matter) where wins and losses aren't recorded? So like a casual battle or something else that isn't strictly competitive.

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 868 eggs
    Current Hunt:

I battled someone right now and their protean Greninja with life orb OHKOed my Multiscale Dragonite with Ice beam.
    This was first turn and my dragonite had full hp.
    I was wondering if now a Multiscale Dragonite can be OHKOed by other things like that?
    And if someone can explain how that OHKOed my Dragonite.
    Pokemon X Ign David 3Ds fc 1349-4695-4792 Normal type safari Aipom, Eevee, and Loudred

Is it true that it is 'impossible' to hack 3DS games right now and that 99,999% of the pokémon are legit?
    (with hacking, I mean the plain bored kids using emulators, not those elitist hackers that found the event pokemon or such)
    I fear that once they release PokeBank and Transfer that you can no longer trust the pokémon on trades, since DS games were so easily hacked. And like in other consoles, can your 3DS get banned from the service if you are caught trying to trade illigit pokémon? I don't have those, at least I think I do, but how can you be sure, right? I have loads of shinies on my black game that I got from the GTS I'd love to send to my Y game, but I don't want to risk getting banned or such.
    Join my Roleplay Forum?

Spoiler:- Shinies I'm after:

Quote Originally Posted by Artnerd View Post
    Is it true that it is 'impossible' to hack 3DS games right now and that 99,999% of the pokémon are legit?
    (with hacking, I mean the plain bored kids using emulators, not those elitist hackers that found the event pokemon or such)
    I fear that once they release PokeBank and Transfer that you can no longer trust the pokémon on trades, since DS games were so easily hacked. And like in other consoles, can your 3DS get banned from the service if you are caught trying to trade illigit pokémon? I don't have those, at least I think I do, but how can you be sure, right? I have loads of shinies on my black game that I got from the GTS I'd love to send to my Y game, but I don't want to risk getting banned or such.
    As of now, except for the one that leaked the Events, there has been no reports of emulation, hacking, or coding anywhere, so you're safe, for now.

How does the switching work exactly?

Example my opponent has a Skarmory on field ,while I have a Blissey.
    I switch the Blissey into a Manet pull Magnezone.
    My opponent switches the same turn.
    Would magnet pull kick in and stop the switch or my opponent would switch out before my Magnezone is on the field or something?

3DS FC: 1779 1755 8755

I think Magnet Pull only works during Wild Encounters (WE), but I haven't put it into practice :-).
    Bluebird55's Battle-Beating Duo!

My Friend Code - 1891-1851-7972

Can genderless non legendary Pokemon pass down their DW ability? (5th Gen)

The Story in X and Y is pretty bare bone with some plots not being explained very well at all, but it doesn't set up for sequel like Black and White did.

Also, are there any hints to a Z game other than the existence of Zygarde?
    There's that theory that Pokémon Z could take place in a new region.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Well, it's more like there was a lot of unused potential that should have been used here. Much more wasn't used than with BW, so XY is more comparable to DP, I think. The story is superior to DP, though. Just don't expect a BW level plot, and you won't be disappointed. As for a Z game, Zygarde's existence is the only real hint.
    I disagree, Diamond and Pearl told its story better and use the mascot legendary better than X and Y did. Not to mention X and Y did a very bad job in fleshing out Team Flare or incorporating the Champion into the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesurfing Snivy View Post
    How does the switching work exactly?

Example my opponent has a Skarmory on field ,while I have a Blissey.
    I switch the Blissey into a Manet pull Magnezone.
    My opponent switches the same turn.
    Would magnet pull kick in and stop the switch or my opponent would switch out before my Magnezone is on the field or something?
    Magnet Pull would trigger before your opponent could switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird55 View Post
    I think Magnet Pull only works during Wild Encounters (WE), but I haven't put it into practice :-).
    It doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    Can genderless non legendary Pokemon pass down their DW ability? (5th Gen)
    As far I am aware, they can't.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Is it me, or do the XY games have a lot off stuf from DPPT? I like that, gen IV is my favorite

Why the heck does Remoraid evolve into Octillery

When you're consecutive fishing, does the chance of getting a shiny increase with every fishing encounter? Or is it like something else
    3DS FC: 4871-3342-0587

Safari Type

Spoiler:- CANNOT BE UNSEEN:

Page 754 of 850 FirstFirst ... 654704744750751752753754755756757758764804 ... LastLast