View Poll Results: No

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

7 13.73%
  • NO!

1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 777 of 874 FirstFirst ... 677727767773774775776777778779780781787827 ... LastLast
Results 19,401 to 19,425 of 21845

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

Why is the homeless king on X like 15'?
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    He's only like 9 feet tall.

He's been alive for 3000 years, and grows about 0.0122 inches a year.

Because he's a giant, the ..also immortal.. Fairy Tale Girls summoned.

Or maybe to make him more mysterious and mythical? A former king who took many lifes, now a giant wandering hobo who is 3000 years old.... Sounds really interesting to me.

Spoiler:- I'm looking for:
    Please help. :3

Is there a Vivlion pattern trading thread?
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

I'm planning to breed a flawless Roselia with the egg moves Spikes, Sleep Powder, and Leaf Storm. The problem is I was assuming I could freely switch between relearning Giga Drain and Leaf Storm depending on the team I'll be running. But since Roserade evolves by a stone, does that mean I can't remember egg moves or even Giga Drain whenever I want?

I guess I'll have to breed two Roselia lol

Is there a Vivlion pattern trading thread?
    I would try the Trading Section in Vivillon thread

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    I'm planning to breed a flawless Roselia with the egg moves Spikes, Sleep Powder, and Leaf Storm. The problem is I was assuming I could freely switch between relearning Giga Drain and Leaf Storm depending on the team I'll be running. But since Roserade evolves by a stone, does that mean I can't remember egg moves or even Giga Drain whenever I want?

I guess I'll have to breed two Roselia lol
    Yeah, Roserade won't be able to relearn Giga Drain.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Yeah, Roserade won't be able to relearn Giga Drain.
    Oh well, thank you though!

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Does Yawn last longer than Hypnosis?

I've tried searching this, but everything I see says Yawn works like any other sleep move once it takes effect.

The reason why I'm asking is because I've been practicing catching Giratina in a regular pokeball. For the first 12 tests, I was using Bibarel with Yawn. Every time, Giratina stayed asleep for a long time. And I'd use Yawn a lot each time...8-10 times.

I tried using Gastly with Hypnosis today for the first time, and Giratina kept waking up really early. Several times, he'd wake up the next turn. I've done this twice, though the first time I caught it on the 5th ball, so I didn't test it as much, but even then he'd wake up after 2 turns.

I find it really hard to believe that their effects are the same, when using Yawn over 100 times, it's consistently kept Giratina asleep for 3-4 turns, and it never woke up the next turn (maybe one or two times that I don't remember?), and yet when using Hypnosis, it's much more likely to wake up after a turn or two than he is to stay asleep for the max amount of time. I don't know, maybe I just have a habit of beating odds in all the wrong ways.

Like I said, it's not like I used Yawn once, then Hypnosis once. I used Yawn over 100 times, and used Hypnosis 20-30 times and the results were consistent every time. Just wondering if anyone else maybe knows more about this? It wouldn't be the first time all the fan sites are wrong about something (like how Pokemon don't need to engage in battle to catch Pokerus, even though every site I've seen says you do...Unless the wild pokemon's Intimidate counts as battling).

Both are Moves that start the Sleep Counter.

Becuase both Moves redirect to the same thing, it's impossible to have different Sleep Turn Counters.
    Guess it's just my typical lack of luck then...Thanks.

Oh, another question: If I give Gastly a Leppa Berry to hold, then use Trick, will that work to give Giratina an extra 5 PP? Or would it not take effect for some reason? And if it would work, am I correct in assuming it would use the berry on the first move in its list that's at 0 PP? Like since Ominous Wind is the earliest move Giratina knows, if every other move is also at 0 PP, it would automatically increase Ominous Wind? Or is it random?
    Last edited by Cpchris; 9th January 2014 at 8:24 PM.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 100 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 11,100 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 7,900 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post
    Does Yawn last longer than Hypnosis?

I've tried searching this, but everything I see says Yawn works like any other sleep move once it takes effect.

The reason why I'm asking is because I've been practicing catching Giratina in a regular pokeball. For the first 12 tests, I was using Bibarel with Yawn. Every time, Giratina stayed asleep for a long time. And I'd use Yawn a lot each time...8-10 times.

I tried using Gastly with Hypnosis today for the first time, and Giratina kept waking up really early. Several times, he'd wake up the next turn. I've done this twice, though the first time I caught it on the 5th ball, so I didn't test it as much, but even then he'd wake up after 2 turns.

I find it really hard to believe that using Yawn over 100 times, it's consistently kept Giratina asleep for 3-4 turns, and it never woke up the next turn (maybe one or two times that I don't remember?), and yet when using Hypnosis, he's much more likely to wake up after a turn or two than he is to stay asleep for the max amount of time. I don't know, maybe I just have a habit of beating odds in all the wrong ways.

Like I said, it's not like I used Yawn once, then Hypnosis once. I used Yawn over 100 times, and used Hypnosis 20-30 times and the results were consistent every time. Just wondering if anyone else maybe knows more about this? It wouldn't be the first time all the fan sites are wrong about something (like how Pokemon don't need to engage in battle to catch Pokerus, even though every site I've seen says you do).
    Both are Moves that start the Sleep Counter.

Becuase both Moves redirect to the same thing, it's impossible to have different Sleep Turn Counters.

I don't know, should i put this to X and Y help thread, but im gonna ask it srill

Is there any ways to get more boxes to PC? I just can't live with 7 boxes and im (propably) not getting poke bak, because it costs..
    Click my babies to help them to grow!

Pokemon SoulSilver Badge Quest
    Current hunt: Slowpoke well

I have claimed Zebstrika! Thunder zebra power!
    I have also claimed Sacred Grove theme from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess!
    In-game name:Annabel
    Friend-code: 4957-3860-9818

Quote Originally Posted by Sutittaja View Post
    I don't know, should i put this to X and Y help thread, but im gonna ask it srill

Is there any ways to get more boxes to PC? I just can't live with 7 boxes and im (propably) not getting poke bak, because it costs..
    Put a Pokemon in every Box.

Do that until you have 31 Boxes.

So I have 2 breeding pairs of 5 I've dratinis, how would I go about breeding them so their off spring will have the 5 ivs. Do I need to give them both a destiny knot to increase the chance?

*Credit to SwornMetalhead at deaderic design for the aura banner, credit to astral shadow at the under for the buttons*

Quote Originally Posted by kamoarc119 View Post
    So I have 2 breeding pairs of 5 I've dratinis, how would I go about breeding them so their off spring will have the 5 ivs. Do I need to give them both a destiny knot to increase the chance?
    No, just give one a Destiny Zmnot, as it'll work for both parents.

Then give the other the Everstone if it has e right Nature, or just some filler Item.

No, just give one a Destiny Zmnot, as it'll work for both parents.

Then give the other the Everstone if it has e right Nature, or just some filler Item.
    Will do that, thanks for the help :-)

*Credit to SwornMetalhead at deaderic design for the aura banner, credit to astral shadow at the under for the buttons*

Question

When using the masuada method to hatch a shiny, it says that the Pokemon have to be from different language versions. I understand that, as I can tell the ditto I have is from japan due to the 'jpn' icon near the name, but the dittos name is English instead of Japanese. Does that matter?

An Ancient Treasure, a Terrible Price. Take the Risk, Eat the World
    (Final Chapter added 05-15-2014)

-Thanks to PopPrincess_Lyra for the banner above, and Sworn Metalhead for the banner below -

All Hail the Six Kings...
    Chapter One added (12-07-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Question

When using the masuada method to hatch a shiny, it says that the Pokemon have to be from different language versions. I understand that, as I can tell the ditto I have is from japan due to the 'jpn' icon near the name, but the dittos name is English instead of Japanese. Does that matter?
    If it has the Icon, it'll work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Question

If it has the Icon, it'll work.
    That's actually a little suspicious to me. Ditto doesn't evolve, so its name should be in Japanese, not English. It could've been nicknamed "Ditto", but then the font should be in that blocky text instead of regular text.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Default Assistance Please

Hello, recently I was helping a friend try to get Soak onto Lanturn and he used a Basculin, he received the message "They seem to prefer to play with other pokemon" and wouldn't breed, he switched to finneon i gave him and it seems to work fine, anyone else have this issue? They're listed as breedable on Lanturn's page.

Species is not the only factor involved with breeding.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...#Breeding_rate

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by UltimaWraith View Post
    Hello, recently I was helping a friend try to get Soak onto Lanturn and he used a Basculin, he received the message "They seem to prefer to play with other pokemon" and wouldn't breed, he switched to finneon i gave him and it seems to work fine, anyone else have this issue? They're listed as breedable on Lanturn's page.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Species is not the only factor involved with breeding.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...#Breeding_rate
    That doesn't answer the question. Basculin and Lanturn are in the same Egg Group (Water 2), and so they should breed as long as they are different genders. The only problem I can think of, UltimaWraith, is that perhaps your friend made a mistake and accidentally put two Pokemon of the same gender in the Day Care.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Say I had a shiny Eevee.. which evolution of Eevee's would look the best shiny?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Dragonz~ View Post
    Say I had a shiny Eevee.. which evolution of Eevee's would look the best shiny?
    That's completely subjective.

But not Espeon. Unless you like obnoxiously bright lime green for some reason.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I have a little question.

If I put my Pokemon in Daycare with it holding an EV Bracelet, Will it gain the EVs it needs when It levels up by taking steps?
    They don't call me Orange for nothin' you know....

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Orange View Post
    I have a little question.

If I put my Pokemon in Daycare with it holding an EV Bracelet, Will it gain the EVs it needs when It levels up by taking steps?
    No. The EV items, aka, the "power" items make it so the offspring will inherit the corresponding IV from that parent. So if a parent is holding a Power Bracelet, its offspring is guaranteed to inherit its attack IV.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

im asking this mostly for friend safari things, but is there a way to know which abilities, when activated, will have a popup text and those that don't?

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

Page 777 of 874 FirstFirst ... 677727767773774775776777778779780781787827 ... LastLast