View Poll Results: No

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

7 13.73%
  • NO!

1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 793 of 865 FirstFirst ... 693743783789790791792793794795796797803843 ... LastLast
Results 19,801 to 19,825 of 21616

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Isbiten View Post
    Except for event-only, is there a guide of catching all Pokemon on as few games as possible?
    I only own X at the moment, but thinking about getting SS/Platinum.
    Good start?
    You can get many Pokémon in X. To complete the set, I'd suggest you to buy SS, as you can find most Johto and Kanto Pokémon in the same place. Not only that, there are the Pokémon outbreaks and the Sinnoh/Hoenn sounds that can help you to find some Sinnoh and Hoenn Pokémon (being a fourth generation game helps a lot for Sinnoh Pokémon). If we discount legendaries, you'd probably have almost all the Pokémon you need within those two games. You can finish it up with the GTS or the help of a friend owning the missing ones.
    Plus, I think HG and SS are incredible games.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

What would be the weakness of a Steel/Poison and Steel/Ice pokémon?

Quote Originally Posted by Akanjăo View Post
    What would be the weakness of a Steel/Poison and Steel/Ice pokémon?
    I guess:

Stl/Psn
    4x Ground
    2x Fire

Stl/Ice
    4x Fighting, Fire
    2x Ground

Why?

Okay so I bought leaf green today from a gaming store that sells old games, I spent $40 for it. The front looks legit, holographic, nintendo seal looks good, it has the AGB-BPGE-USA under the nintendo seal. If you look inside the chip, basically any time you look at a gameboy advance cartridge you can see it (where you can see the chip) has a copyright symbol, then 2001, then Nintendo (with no oval), then AGB-E02-20. That's the only thing that's throwing me off. Is it a fake?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruas View Post
    I guess:

Stl/Psn
    4x Ground
    2x Fire

Stl/Ice
    4x Fighting, Fire
    2x Ground

Why?
    Thanks!

Oh, and it's for PASBL, here on SPPF! You should join, really, it's really fun and way better than the real pokemon game:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdi...Style-Battling
    Read it, and if you get interested, join us! =D

EDIT:
    And for the person which just neg repped this... You're being extremely silly and childish. I think it's time for you to grow. There's a reason why I can't stand this place and it's because of this rep system and people like which make bad use of it.
    Last edited by Sohryu; 16th February 2014 at 2:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Demarkis View Post
    Okay so I bought leaf green today from a gaming store that sells old games, I spent $40 for it. The front looks legit, holographic, nintendo seal looks good, it has the AGB-BPGE-USA under the nintendo seal. If you look inside the chip, basically any time you look at a gameboy advance cartridge you can see it (where you can see the chip) has a copyright symbol, then 2001, then Nintendo (with no oval), then AGB-E02-20. That's the only thing that's throwing me off. Is it a fake?
    Try migrating Pokemon from it to Pal Park (if this option is available to you) - if it works, it's legit

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by G_Demarkis View Post
    Do you have a picture? Right now I have a LeafGreen cartridge that is confirmed US legit, and there are a few visible structural features (I will not be looking at the label):
    - There should be 2 injection depressions on the cartridge: one on each side.
    - The screw use to hold the case together is a non-standard 3-point screw (as compared to the 2-point flathead screw or the 4-point "+" screw).
    - The microchip should have the full Nintendo logo (no modification) on it with a serial number next to it. On mine, it is AGB-E02-30. The far right end should also be marked GND for the last pin.
    - If you open the case (which you can do safely with a 3-point screwdriver*), it should only be a standard flat microchip with no battery.

*The one that I used was not a purpose-built screwdriver. It was just a screwdriver with interchangeable heads, one of which is the 3-point head.
    Everyone together! · 大家聚合!· Alles zusammen! · 모두 함께! · 一緒にみんな!

Source: Bulbapedia

White 2 - Drake - 2838 9377 2007
    3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:
    DWFs: PM for details.

Open GMT 1100-1600 on weekdays & GMT 0000-1600 on weekends.
    Important info may be given through voice chat during trades.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

pokemon bank changed some of my shinies and standard legendaries to ID 01230. if this means they are modded then i will be furious because i spent weeks obtaining ALL of them myself so I know for a fact they are legit. is anyone else having this problem?
    3DS Friend code is 1977-1007-3196 Pokegyms-Ice Type Gym Leader Friend Safari: , ,

Quote Originally Posted by APinkInTime View Post
    pokemon bank changed some of my shinies and standard legendaries to ID 01230. if this means they are modded then i will be furious because i spent weeks obtaining ALL of them myself so I know for a fact they are legit. is anyone else having this problem?
    Bank can and will change the PID of Pokemon that are illegitimately non-/shiny to make them legal, in cases of mismatched PIDs.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 16th February 2014 at 7:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Bank can and will change the PID of Pokemon that are illegitimately non-/shiny to make them legal, in cases of mismatched PIDs.
    That's odd. DO they have the same trainer name/region?
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

Alright I'm back with some more EV training questions.

I'm EV training my charmeleon and I finished it's speed stat (5 horde battles) now I want to EV train it's Attack and Sp. Attack evenly. How many hordes/Pokemon, do I have to beat to evenly split EVs between attack and special attack?
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

Default World wide challenge!!!

Hello, I'm new here and I just want to know, does anyone want to battle? Message me your trainer code and time you want to and we will I'll message you mine!!

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Alright I'm back with some more EV training questions.

I'm EV training my charmeleon and I finished it's speed stat (5 horde battles) now I want to EV train it's Attack and Sp. Attack evenly. How many hordes/Pokemon, do I have to beat to evenly split EVs between attack and special attack?
    To evenly split Attack and SpAtk, you'll need 126 EVs in each stat. Assuming you have Pokerus and the Power Items, you'll need to defeat 2 full hordes of Bellsprout/Weepinbell (50 Atk per horde), then remove the Power Bracer and attach the Macho Brace. Then defeat 1 more horde. Then remove the Macho Brace and find another horde and only defeat 3 of the Pokemon in it. Then do the exact same thing for Vanillite to get SpAtk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster3 View Post
    Hello, I'm new here and I just want to know, does anyone want to battle? Message me your trainer code and time you want to and we will I'll message you mine!!
    You either need to go to the Casual 6th Gen Battle Thread or get on the Wifi Chat. Also don't triple-post.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    To evenly split Attack and SpAtk, you'll need 126 EVs in each stat.
    Don't do this. 126 isn't divisible by 4; 124 and 128 are; by investing 126 in both attacking stats, you're wasting 4 EVs.

Trying to evenly split EVs between both offenses is a bad idea anyway, as you won't hit as hard as you would if you just ran one offensive stat. Mixed sets do exist, but the point of a mixed set is to break through specific defensive threats that a pure physical or special set couldn't otherwise penetrate; if you're going to EV for a mixed set, either put enough EVs in the secondary offensive stat to guarantee some specific KO, or put enough in to hit a jump point. An arbitrary "even split" gimps your Pokemon's offensive output and accomplishes nothing useful.

Don't do this. 126 isn't divisible by 4; 124 and 128 are; by investing 126 in both attacking stats, you're wasting 4 EVs.

Trying to evenly split EVs between both offenses is a bad idea anyway, as you won't hit as hard as you would if you just ran one offensive stat. Mixed sets do exist, but the point of a mixed set is to break through specific defensive threats that a pure physical or special set couldn't otherwise penetrate; if you're going to EV for a mixed set, either put enough EVs in the secondary offensive stat to guarantee some specific KO, or put enough in to hit a jump point. An arbitrary "even split" gimps your Pokemon's offensive output and accomplishes nothing useful.
    I didn't say it was a good idea. I just explained how to do it. I would assume that this isn't for a competitive Charizard, but I don't know that. If it's for an in-game Pokemon, then those extra 4 EVs don't matter and a mixed set would be just as good as a non-mixed one. For a competitive Pokemon, no, this is not a viable option.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

All I said was that it was a bad idea, and I explained why.

If he wants to go for it anyway, that's on him, but he ought to at least know what he's getting into.

All I said was that it was a bad idea, and I explained why.

If he wants to go for it anyway, that's on him, but he ought to at least know what he's getting into.
    Not planning on using it competitively but thanks for worrying.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

How crippling would it be for any Latios set to lack Hidden Power Fire this generation? Alternatively, how crippling is the IV spread that facilitates Hidden Power Fire to Latios, considering it involves lower Speed? I'm RNGing for a Latios in Black 2 at the moment, and I just got a flawless one. I don't currently plan on running HP Fire on it, but I'm not convinced I won't change my mind in the future. However, I don't want to redo it for one that has HP Fire if I'm not going to use it, because I don't want to miss out on that 1 addition Sp Atk or Speed IV.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    How crippling would it be for any Latios set to lack Hidden Power Fire this generation? Alternatively, how crippling is the IV spread that facilitates Hidden Power Fire to Latios, considering it involves lower Speed? I'm RNGing for a Latios in Black 2 at the moment, and I just got a flawless one. I don't currently plan on running HP Fire on it, but I'm not convinced I won't change my mind in the future. However, I don't want to redo it for one that has HP Fire if I'm not going to use it, because I don't want to miss out on that 1 addition Sp Atk or Speed IV.
    Hidden Power Fire for this generation allows a 31 Speed IV. These are the IV spreads that would allow a Hidden Power Fire this generation (O means odd value and E means even value):

EOEEEO
    OOEEEO: Recommended for mixed attackers
    OOEOOE
    OEOOEO: Recommended for special attackers

For both recommended spreads, a odd Speed IV is required, so it can be perfect.
    Everyone together! · 大家聚合!· Alles zusammen! · 모두 함께! · 一緒にみんな!

Source: Bulbapedia

White 2 - Drake - 2838 9377 2007
    3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:
    DWFs: PM for details.

Open GMT 1100-1600 on weekdays & GMT 0000-1600 on weekends.
    Important info may be given through voice chat during trades.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

How would you breed a 6Iv Porygon easily? Ditto can only go up to 3 IV's legitly I think...

Edit: I meant Parent wise I know about the destiny knot already.
    Last edited by Shayminslicker; 17th February 2014 at 4:40 PM.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Quote Originally Posted by Shayminslicker View Post
    How would you breed a 6Iv Porygon easily? Ditto can only go up to 3 IV's legitly I think...
    Use a Destiny Knot, which passes 5 IVs total from either parent.

There is no easy way to do it.

I have a question possibly more related to tech help than pokemon, but I'll ask it here anyway.

I tried loading my Diamond game on my 3DS, but after I select my save, I get a black screen. On my regular NDS lite it works fine, but not on my 3DS for some reason. I believe my 3DS accepted it before when I was testing out if my 3DS could connect to wifi with Diamond (which it doesn't because not only the NDS lite, but also Diamond is limited to WEP internet apparently), but not anymore for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayminslicker View Post
    I meant Parent wise I know about the destiny knot already.
    Get a better Ditto from a past Gen game, or tough it out with the one you have.

There's no easy way.

Quote Originally Posted by Weavile'sMyPartner View Post
    I have a question possibly more related to tech help than pokemon, but I'll ask it here anyway.

I tried loading my Diamond game on my 3DS, but after I select my save, I get a black screen. On my regular NDS lite it works fine, but not on my 3DS for some reason. I believe my 3DS accepted it before when I was testing out if my 3DS could connect to wifi with Diamond (which it doesn't because not only the NDS lite, but also Diamond is limited to WEP internet apparently), but not anymore for some reason.
    That sounds like it may be a problem with the cartridge. You may want to contact Nintendo support.

> Raising a Ditto for the first time

Do their Natures affect transformed stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Empoleon View Post
    > Raising a Ditto for the first time

Do their Natures affect transformed stats?
    I'm quiet sure they do!!

Page 793 of 865 FirstFirst ... 693743783789790791792793794795796797803843 ... LastLast