View Poll Results: No

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

7 13.73%
  • NO!

1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 794 of 877 FirstFirst ... 694744784790791792793794795796797798804844 ... LastLast
Results 19,826 to 19,850 of 21905

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Empoleon View Post
    > Raising a Ditto for the first time

Do their Natures affect transformed stats?
    They do not.

I'm aware that Super Sized Pumpkaboo have a deeper cry than the smaller sizes. Does a Super Sized Gourgeist have a different cry than its smaller sizes or is it the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum1024 View Post
    Hidden Power Fire for this generation allows a 31 Speed IV. These are the IV spreads that would allow a Hidden Power Fire this generation (O means odd value and E means even value):

EOEEEO
    OOEEEO: Recommended for mixed attackers
    OOEOOE
    OEOOEO: Recommended for special attackers

For both recommended spreads, a odd Speed IV is required, so it can be perfect.
    Hidden Power's type calculation didn't change this generation, only the power; this is the whole reason why there isn't a Fairy-type Hidden Power. Why would this now be the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Greedy Chibi View Post
    I'm aware that Super Sized Pumpkaboo have a deeper cry than the smaller sizes. Does a Super Sized Gourgeist have a different cry than its smaller sizes or is it the same?
    Yup it does, and to be honest I prefer the super sized crys than their normal ones.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

Were the Torchics that were given away with the blazekinite locked so they were all male?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Default had no idea where else to post this, but....

i have a male and female lapras with the ability water absorb, i would like to get either a male or female lapras with the shell armor ability, can i breed these 2 lapras together to get the other ability, or does one parent have to have it?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Hidden Power's type calculation didn't change this generation, only the power; this is the whole reason why there isn't a Fairy-type Hidden Power. Why would this now be the case?
    This is most likely so that you would not have players raging at their IV-bred Pokemon suddenly having a different Hidden Power type. Some Pokemon must have a specific Hidden Power type to be competitively viable (like Jolteon with Hidden Power Ice).

Quote Originally Posted by ~Dragonz~ View Post
    Were the Torchics that were given away with the blazekinite locked so they were all male?
    Not to worry too much about though, you can breed it to get female Torchic with Speed Boost ability.
    Everyone together! · 大家聚合!· Alles zusammen! · 모두 함께! · 一緒にみんな!

Source: Bulbapedia

White 2 - Drake - 2838 9377 2007
    3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:
    DWFs: PM for details.

Open GMT 1100-1600 on weekdays & GMT 0000-1600 on weekends.
    Important info may be given through voice chat during trades.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Wait? There isn't? They should have made it... But I kinda get the reason behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by J_L_K_64 View Post
    i have a male and female lapras with the ability water absorb, i would like to get either a male or female lapras with the shell armor ability, can i breed these 2 lapras together to get the other ability, or does one parent have to have it?
    There is an 80% chance that the mother's ability is passed down to the baby, so only 20% chance of getting the other ability. You'll have to hatch a lot of eggs to get a Lapras with Shell Armour. However, these chances are not applied if Ditto is used with either of the parent. So, have a Ditto & either of the Lapras to breed. There will be a 50% chance getting of either Shell Armour or Water Absorb as the ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum1024 View Post
    This is most likely so that you would not have players raging at their IV-bred Pokemon suddenly having a different Hidden Power type. Some Pokemon must have a specific Hidden Power type to be competitively viable (like Jolteon with Hidden Power Ice).
    Okay, let's stop for a minute. You're contradicting yourself, and not answering the original question. First you said that as of this generation, one could get Hidden Power Fire without having an even Speed IV. This is false because Hidden Power's type calculation did not change in the generation shift. If Hidden Power's type calculation did change, it would allow for Fairy-type Hidden Power. Now you're saying a correct but contradictory statement which is that the reason Hidden Power's type calculation method did not change during the generation shift is because it would cause some percentage of Pokemon transferred from previous generations to spontaneously have their Hidden Power type changed, which would be bad. This is correct, but contradicts your original statement.

Regardless however, one cannot have a Hidden Power type of Fire simultaneously with a Speed IV of 31; this is true both in the last generation and this one. As such, my original question still remains: which is more crippling to a competitive Latios this generation, missing the speed tie with other base 110s or not having Hidden Power Fire?

Regardless however, one cannot have a Hidden Power type of Fire simultaneously with a Speed IV of 31; this is true both in the last generation and this one. As such, my original question still remains: which is more crippling to a competitive Latios this generation, missing the speed tie with other base 110s or not having Hidden Power Fire?
    It depends on how you intend to run it. HP Fire is mostly used to break through Steels, so if you're running a Magnezone or something, or you just don't mind having to switch Latios out, you don't need to use it. 110 Speed is basically just the Latis, regular Gengar, and Lugia if you're playing Ubers; you can afford to lose a point in Speed for the purposes of breaking through Steels.

The other point is that there are coverage moves Latios can run in place of HP Fire, such as Surf (to hit common Fire-types harder) and Trick (which it can run on Choiced sets to screw up switchins), as well as stuff like Defog, T-bold, SBall, CM, and so forth; Latios is a versatile Pokemon, and given that it's only got four moveslots, HP Fire may not be the best choice on every team or set choice.

Play around with it on a simulator and figure out what works for you.

If I get used game and am concerned that a hacking device had been used on it, if I start a new save file will that erase any changes the device may have made?
    LLR

P.S.
    East Sea Shellos (blue) with HA available
    I trade Vivillons for Vivillons and have a All 18 non-event of patterns. Ask!
    Dex 718/718 Thank you ShinyPanda! Living Dex: 711/718.

My Friend Code: 1907-9797-0140. In game name: Sage.
    I'm using this one for trades and to check safaris for folks.
    I'll be periodically deleting older cards from my friend list.
    If you still want access just let me know and I'll be happy to add you again.

Quote Originally Posted by llr View Post
    If I get used game and am concerned that a hacking device had been used on it, if I start a new save file will that erase any changes the device may have made?
    Generally, yes, you should be safe, most hacks are to the Save file, which is wiped when you start a new game.

I should point out that the GBA and DS games have been "hacked" within days of release, while the 3DS has been very hard to hack.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Ok so imma sound stupid but how do I find my friend code for pokemon x?
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life

My mane pokeymanz in x
    facebook.com/geeksforjesus
    2ds friend code - 4613 7899 0504
    Looking for: purified shadow pokemon, pokemon in hg/ss exclusive pokeballs, y exclusive mega stones

Quote Originally Posted by Italianbaptist View Post
    Ok so imma sound stupid but how do I find my friend code for pokemon x?
    When you enter the main menu of your 3DS, you should see a mi creator or something of that sort. Open it and create it. You should then see a new folder in the same main menu. As for a 2DS, create a mi and the find one on the topmost part of your screen, a small little orange smiliey box.

Let's say I have a Gardevoir that, after Mega evolution, uses Skill Swap (not necessarily on the first turn, if that's what bothers). Will the Pokémon affected by it get Pixilate (the mega evolution's ability) or Synchronize (the normal Pokémon's ability) ?
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 19th February 2014 at 11:58 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    Let's say I have a Gardevoir that, after Mega evolution, uses Skill Swap (not necessarily on the first turn, if that's what bothers). Will the Pokémon affected by it get Pixilate (the mega evolution's ability) or Synchronize (the normal Pokémon's ability) ?
    It'll get Pixilate.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    It'll get Pixilate.
    Thanks! Also, I heard that Ditto found in the Giant Chasm had at least one perfect IV. Is that true ?
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Thanks! Also, I heard that Ditto found in the Giant Chasm had at least one perfect IV. Is that true ?
    Nope, IV guarantees didn't happen until Gen VI.

Nope, IV guarantees didn't happen until Gen VI.
    On Marriland's advanced breeding guide, it says that "Wild Ditto are again found in the Giant Chasm, in the foresty area, and there is a 1 in 6 chance (in the wild) that they have a perfect IV in one stat (and that's true for all Pokemon)". I don't know if it's trustworthy or something so I would like to know if they are any confirmations about that...
    Thanks for your help, by the way, dirkac! Sorry to bother you! ^^'
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

On Marriland's advanced breeding guide, it says that "Wild Ditto are again found in the Giant Chasm, in the foresty area, and there is a 1 in 6 chance (in the wild) that they have a perfect IV in one stat (and that's true for all Pokemon)". I don't know if it's trustworthy or something so I would like to know if they are any confirmations about that...
    Thanks for your help, by the way, dirkac! Sorry to bother you! ^^'
    Well, since there are 31 different IV "Levels", and 6 Stats, it would bring the number towards having at least one IV be perfect somewhat in that range.

It means, though, that there's a 1/6 chance to et one IV Perfect. It'll be a 1/36 chance to get the correct one be perfect.

Well, since there are 31 different IV "Levels", and 6 Stats, it would bring the number towards having at least one IV be perfect somewhat in that range.

It means, though, that there's a 1/6 chance to et one IV Perfect. It'll be a 1/36 chance to get the correct one be perfect.
    That's all I needed to know. Thank you!
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Default Dream Radar Genies Transporter Issues

Not sure if this is the place, but I'm having a heck of a time trying to transfer the dream radar genies to X from Black 2 with the transporter. I have tried them in both forms, with no results. Anyone else having this problem, or know how to fix it?

They transferred fine for me. Did you catch them yourself or did you trade for them?
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

VGC 2015 Season: 156 CP

Page 794 of 877 FirstFirst ... 694744784790791792793794795796797798804844 ... LastLast