View Poll Results: No

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

7 13.73%
  • NO!

1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 801 of 842 FirstFirst ... 701751791797798799800801802803804805811 ... LastLast
Results 20,001 to 20,025 of 21049

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Grey View Post
    But the EV/IV thing has always been there, it's just that in the earlier games it has never been explained, so if you didn't know where to look on the internet or anything you would never know about those mechanics being used in the background of the gameplay.
    Actually, they overhauled the EV system that they had and created what we now know today in Generation 3; that's part of the reason why there's a hard cut is backwards compatibility between Gen 2 and Gen 3 that has never existed anywhere else. The EV system in Generation 1 and 2 was slightly different. If I recall correctly, each stat maxed out at a different number, and you could also max each stat, you didn't have to stop at 510.

If this is for a simulator battle btw, you don't have to do it in Generation 5 and artificially take out the things they've added. PS supports at least an OU tier for every generation going back all the way to 1. I think it might even have the right sprites for each generation too.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Actually, they overhauled the EV system that they had and created what we now know today in Generation 3; that's part of the reason why there's a hard cut is backwards compatibility between Gen 2 and Gen 3 that has never existed anywhere else. The EV system in Generation 1 and 2 was slightly different. If I recall correctly, each stat maxed out at a different number, and you could also max each stat, you didn't have to stop at 510.
    Oh oké I see, I didn't know that. I thought the implementation of natures was the reason of the hard cut. I never knew they changed the EV/IV system as well then. Though I have to admit, in the time of these games I didn't even know about those values at all. I just leveled my Pokémon to lvl.100 and that's that. Lol, back in the day..
    ...Bore me with you're legendary team; compliment me with your disconnect...

Matsuda Method

In the fourth generation, a variety of things have changed in order to allow for the obtaining of Shiny Pokémon. First is a method commonly known as the Masuda Method, named after the game developer and the person who revealed it; Junichi Masuda. This method has you breed two Pokémon. However, one of the Pokémon must be of a different nationality than your game (such as a Japanese Pokémon on an English game). This will lower the chances of hatching a shiny Pokémon from 1 in 8,192 to 1 in 2,048 cutting it by 75% in Generation IV. However, in Generation V, it is boosted even further from 1 in 8,192 to 1 in 1,365.3. Generation VI has increased the likelihood even further, with the rate being reduced even further.

Shiny Charm

In Pokémon Black 2 & White 2, a new item is introduced called the Shiny Charm. This item, obtained when you have completed the National Pokédex, increases the chances of Shiny Pokémon appearing. As it's a Key Item, when you have the item in your bag, then the chances of encountering Shiny Pokémon in the wild is increased to 300% of normal, making it a 1 in 2,730.6 chance. If, however, you're using the Masuda Method to breed, it reduces it from 1 in 1,365.3 down to 1 in 1024.
    1/1024? Not bad at all. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by broomstig
    Computers are brilliant, its the users that cause the problems.
    3DS FC: 3497 1041 4758
    Credit to: Sworn Metalhead for the frontier symbol, Astral Shadow for the trinity ice and frontier userbars and Fairywitch for the pokegyms userbar and Kida-Ookami for the ice badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    1/1024? Not bad at all. Thanks!
    Actually, further than that, you asked about the shiny charm odds in X/Y specifically. While there's no confirmed odds aside from the base odds of 1/4096 in X/Y, it's possible that the 1/1024 MM shiny charm odds from B2/W2 are actually double of that to 1/512. Again, it's not confirmed to be 1/512 as far as I'm aware, but it's probably safe to assume that the odds are better than 1/1204 now.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Dunsparce!

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    Actually, further than that, you asked about the shiny charm odds in X/Y specifically. While there's no confirmed odds aside from the base odds of 1/4096 in X/Y, it's possible that the 1/1024 MM shiny charm odds from B2/W2 are actually double of that to 1/512. Again, it's not confirmed to be 1/512 as far as I'm aware, but it's probably safe to assume that the odds are better than 1/1204 now.
    Does the shiny charm also make it easier to chain fish shinies?
    Quote Originally Posted by broomstig
    Computers are brilliant, its the users that cause the problems.
    3DS FC: 3497 1041 4758
    Credit to: Sworn Metalhead for the frontier symbol, Astral Shadow for the trinity ice and frontier userbars and Fairywitch for the pokegyms userbar and Kida-Ookami for the ice badge.

How would you ever get a 6IV Pokemon? I have two 5 IV parents but I never seem to get a 6IV baby.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Oh oké I see, I didn't know that. I thought the implementation of natures was the reason of the hard cut. I never knew they changed the EV/IV system as well then. Though I have to admit, in the time of these games I didn't even know about those values at all. I just leveled my Pokémon to lvl.100 and that's that. Lol, back in the day..
    They pretty much redesigned the data structure of what a Pokemon is in Generation 3. Part of that meant adding data for natures, but also part of it was how it dealt with EVs and other stuff. What a Pokemon is internally was basically the same in Generation 1 and 2, which is why there was compatibility between those games. They redesigned it in Generation 3, and while we've added on more and more stuff in the years since then, we still fundamentally still use the same base even now in X and Y as what they designed back then. That's why there's compatibility going back all the way to Ruby and Sapphire theoretically, but why there's a hard cut between generations 2 and 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    Does the shiny charm also make it easier to chain fish shinies?
    Yes, it works with all circumstances of encountering pokémon that don't have a shiny lock.
    I have claimed Empoleon, Super Mario Galaxy, and Rosalina!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

Can someone contact Nintendo or gamefreak and tell them they need to disable people from asking for events just for a shiny or any pokemon that isnt even shiny?

Or allow people to trade events on the gts.

Like everyone should do this.

Im getting annoyed. Someone wanted arceus just for a shiny flygon, gloom, and pretty much any pokemon. Its ridiculous.
    I left this site.
    They gave me an infraction for "cheat codes, discussion".
    I wasnt even talking about cheat codes or anything.
    Its outrageous.
    All I put was that I saw a passerby with hacked shiny legendaries.
    How silly and immature is this site.
    Lmfao.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinypanda View Post
    Can someone contact Nintendo or gamefreak and tell them they need to disable people from asking for events just for a shiny or any pokemon that isnt even shiny?

Or allow people to trade events on the gts.

Like everyone should do this.

Im getting annoyed. Someone wanted arceus just for a shiny flygon, gloom, and pretty much any pokemon. Its ridiculous.
    As much as I hate to bite the bullet and accept the faults of products I purchase I have pretty much come to the conclusion that after 2 generations of this crap they just don't care and as such won't fix this =/
    Click the dragons & Eggs
    To lack fear is stupidity, to face it is bravery.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinypanda View Post
    Can someone contact Nintendo or gamefreak--
    And it is here your inquiry ends with "no".

You ask for an end to people being stupid, for which there is sadly no filter, patch or update.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    And it is here your inquiry ends with "no".

You ask for an end to people being stupid, for which there is sadly no filter, patch or update.
    Its still not impossible for Nintendo to create filters for the GTS. Its been done before, so I dont see why it cant be done again.

When has it ever been done before except with specific markers like the event ribbons/Poké Ball?

-----
    Words to|live by

When has it ever been done before except with specific markers like the event ribbons/Poké Ball?
    There is an option to prevent "Special Pokemon" from appearing in what someone is looking for. Unless its been changed since the release, filters like that exist.

Which doesn't prevent people from being dumb and requesting Lv. 9 Kyurem or other rare Pokémon at levels at which they can't exist.

-----
    Words to|live by

Which doesn't prevent people from being dumb and requesting Lv. 9 Kyurem or other rare Pokémon at levels at which they can't exist.
    ...But you can put up a filter so you dont have to deal with those people. You seem to be missing the point...

I'm missing nothing. Not having to see it is not at all the same as stopping people from doing it in the first place, ostensibly what was being discussed in the first place.

-----
    Words to|live by

If you really want to go back to the original question, then the answer is yes. Game Freak undoubtedly has the capability to alter the GTS settings to prevent people from asking for rediculous trades (AKA lvl 9 Legendaries and event Pokes). Its really a question of whether or not theyll bother to do it.

Well, I'll be honest and straightforward with you guys who think that it is stupid to ask for a Lv9 Kyurem or stuufs on the similar line but I'll tell you the real use of that. It is used for Pokemon cloning where you need to deposit one of your Pokemons into the GTS due to which, you'll have to ask for something? There are chances that if you ask for a sensible Pokemon, your Pokemon might get traded off but it is impossible if you ask for a lv9 Kyurem. So now you can clone safely. Understood?

Spoiler:- ASB Records and Credits:

R.I.P - THE ONES WHO LOST THEIR LIVES 9/11 - Humanity Finally Dies.|Wild Future|ASB

Quote Originally Posted by bleuumbreon View Post
    Well, I'll be honest and straightforward with you guys who think that it is stupid to ask for a Lv9 Kyurem or stuufs on the similar line but I'll tell you the real use of that. It is used for Pokemon cloning where you need to deposit one of your Pokemons into the GTS due to which, you'll have to ask for something? There are chances that if you ask for a sensible Pokemon, your Pokemon might get traded off but it is impossible if you ask for a lv9 Kyurem. So now you can clone safely. Understood?
    I knew this already, but thanks anyways.

(If you noticed, I wasnt the one complaining about the offers)

So....
    How do people RNG Events so they can be 5/6IV? (Mainly 6IV)
    I've gotten quite a few of them, though it's better since RNG is 100% Legit from Pokegen xP

So yeah, how do people RNG Events so they can be 5/6IV?
    Well, how do people get Events to 5/6IV from Gen5 and lower?

Check Out My Shiny/Event/Legendary List Here!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon X Master Girl View Post
    So....
    How do people RNG Events so they can be 5/6IV? (Mainly 6IV)
    I've gotten quite a few of them, though it's better since RNG is 100% Legit from Pokegen xP

So yeah, how do people RNG Events so they can be 5/6IV?
    Well, how do people get Events to 5/6IV from Gen5 and lower?
    I think it's the same mechanics as RNGing for Eggs.
    To be honest, I don't know myself since I don't RNG. But my friends do, so... *shrugs*
    Many thanks to the Astral Shadow (The Under) and 00swsm (Forever & Again)

Quote Originally Posted by bleuumbreon View Post
    So cloning is still an option? That sucks, I thought the reason for transferred Pokémon not to be able to participate in tourny's was to prevent people to use cheated stuff online. But apparently we can start it all over again.. lame..

So cloning is still an option? That sucks, I thought the reason for transferred Pokémon not to be able to participate in tourny's was to prevent people to use cheated stuff online. But apparently we can start it all over again.. lame..

Who said cloning is cheating? You do not use any external devices nor do you alter the Pokemon data in anyway so cloning is totally legal in the eyes of Nintendo or they would 100% fix the GTS glitches that is there on the games.

Spoiler:- ASB Records and Credits:

R.I.P - THE ONES WHO LOST THEIR LIVES 9/11 - Humanity Finally Dies.|Wild Future|ASB

I see it as cheating. Maybe Nintendo doesn't but I do. I mean, it's not an aspect of the game, it's just another way to avoid having to actually do something for you're Pokémon. I find it lame, and a technique used by the weak :-)
    Last edited by Trainer Grey; 2nd March 2014 at 2:10 PM. Reason: typo

Page 801 of 842 FirstFirst ... 701751791797798799800801802803804805811 ... LastLast