View Poll Results: No

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

7 13.73%
  • NO!

1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 809 of 838 FirstFirst ... 709759799805806807808809810811812813819 ... LastLast
Results 20,201 to 20,225 of 20950

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

Is that "download a free copy of Pokemon X or Y" for the US only, or is it for Canada, too?
    Regigigas fan

Spoiler:- My Shinies!:

I have claimed Metroplex (TF:FoC) and Darksiders

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    Is that "download a free copy of Pokemon X or Y" for the US only, or is it for Canada, too?
    Both USA and Canada
    I have claimed Skarmory

Quote Originally Posted by thunder2910 View Post
    Both USA and Canada
    Just making sure.
    Regigigas fan

Spoiler:- My Shinies!:

I have claimed Metroplex (TF:FoC) and Darksiders

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Default Problem in Pokemon Link: Battle

I've been playing through Pokemon Link: Battle Zone 4 Sky-High Ruins and I've encountered a problem. I can't unlock stage 5 of Zone 4. I've already unlocked every other stage and I've captured every Pokemon except for Jirachi in Stage 6 but for some reason, no matter what I do, I can't unlock stage 5. Can anybody help me on this?

My first question on the thread, are you able to use TM and HMs more than once in Black and white or X and Y? Because I know in Diamond and lower you can only use TMs once.... XD

Quote Originally Posted by Nightslash505 View Post
    My first question on the thread, are you able to use TM and HMs more than once in Black and white or X and Y? Because I know in Diamond and lower you can only use TMs once.... XD
    Yes, in BW and onwards TMs are multiple-use.

I have a question hopefully someone can answer haha. I've been hearing a lot of talk about EV training...what is EV training?

Quote Originally Posted by Apprent1ce View Post
    I have a question hopefully someone can answer haha. I've been hearing a lot of talk about EV training...what is EV training?
    http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Pokemon can be good if you lower your standards a bit, and not expect anything good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcxd999 View Post
    I've been playing through Pokemon Link: Battle Zone 4 Sky-High Ruins and I've encountered a problem. I can't unlock stage 5 of Zone 4. I've already unlocked every other stage and I've captured every Pokemon except for Jirachi in Stage 6 but for some reason, no matter what I do, I can't unlock stage 5. Can anybody help me on this?
    Merging your thread with the questions thread sticky.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

Other Fics
    Unfortunately Blue | Notice: Keep Out | Turnabout Assumptions
    Song Parodies | Snapshots | Fairy Tale (new!)

Check out this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut? Check the forums too!
    Current article: From RSE to ORAS - Top Ten Wanted Improvements!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

I've been wondering this ever since I was a kid, are there multiple species of Legendary Pokemon? Like, not just roamers like the Legendary Birds, but Pokemon like Mewtwo. If (and if this origin story doesn't apply to the games then forgive me, please) it was created in a lab, and designed to be the strongest Pokemon, then how are there multiple other species of it? This is probably explained in some form of Poke-media, but I don't follow much closely except the games.

Also, multiple Arceus's what.
    My FC: 3050-8139-4089
    Friend Safari: Munna Espurr Xatu

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Rexx View Post
    I've been wondering this ever since I was a kid, are there multiple species of Legendary Pokemon? Like, not just roamers like the Legendary Birds, but Pokemon like Mewtwo. If (and if this origin story doesn't apply to the games then forgive me, please) it was created in a lab, and designed to be the strongest Pokemon, then how are there multiple other species of it? This is probably explained in some form of Poke-media, but I don't follow much closely except the games.

Because when trading/generation crossing is taken into effect, in-game canon gets thrown out the window.

Basically a simple way to think about it is that you could treat each individual game as its own universe, with different versions, or other games in general being alternate universes. Within any one game, there is only one of each Legendary Pokemon. If the games couldn't interact with each other, it would stay that way. But since the games can interact, then it allows for multiple Legendary Pokemon of the same species to exist.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Rexx View Post

The best answer anyone can give you is that Game Freak is smart enough not to let their own tissue-thin story concepts (like the non-debate of whether there's more than one of each Legendary) get in the way of what makes for the best gameplay. If anything, the games outright contradict that in the name of better gameplay more often than not, like allowing you to birth a newborn Dialga/Palkia/Giratina despite "grown" versions of all three having previously appeared in Sinnoh.

Really best just not to worry about it, because the answer will change for any given Legendary depending solely upon what will serve the gameplay better, as it should.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Is there any kind of random matchup support for 6v6 singles in XY? Or does random matchup only ever do 3v3 singles? I've finally gotten my Showdown team built in-game, but 3v3s are just so unstrategic and boring compared to 6v6, I'm not finding a lot of use for it. I know I can do 6v6s if I find my own opponent and don't go through Battle Spot, but at that point I might as well just be playing Showdown...

Random matchup has always been limited in scope, presumably to keep the pace fast. 6v6 singles gotta use Friend Codes.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

What exactly do you do on Pokémon Battle Trozei / Pokémon Link Battle and is it any good? I've got some spare Eshop credit and I'm debating whether or not to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by broomstig
    computers are brilliant, its the users that cause the problems.
    3DS FC: 3497 1041 4758
    Credit to: Sworn Metalhead for the frontier symbol, Astral Shadow for the trinity ice and frontier userbars and Fairywitch for the pokegyms userbar and Kida-Ookami for the ice badge.

http://serebii.net/battletrozei/
    IGN's Review

It's really up to your if you want the games...
    They are pretty unique games, and not really a standard matching game

How are timed events generated in Pokemon Emerald if the initial seed is always 0?

I especially want to how it happens for Mirage Island.

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Any tips on how to beat Latias and Latios in Pokemon Global Link anyone? I'm stuck. U_U
    Credit to: Sworn Metalhead for the frontier symbol, Astral Shadow for the trinity ice and frontier userbars and Fairywitch for the pokegyms userbar and Kida-Ookami for the ice badge.

@Lord Fighting; MegaWile + Sucker Punch would be an idea. Otherwise anything that can hit hard on Ice Shard/Sucker Punch otherwise a listed counter/check.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    Any tips on how to beat Latias and Latios in Pokemon Global Link anyone? I'm stuck. U_U
    Depends on what it's running. Special walls like pink blobs and Sylveon work if it doesn't have Trick, while Scizor and Aegislash work if it doesn't have HP Fire. Heatran works if it doesn't have Surf, while Azumarill and Togekiss work if it doesn't have Thunderbolt.

Faster Pokemon or those with priority can consistently revenge kill them, while Tyranitar is probably the most consistent #1 counter to both.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Pokemon can be good if you lower your standards a bit, and not expect anything good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcxd999 View Post
    Stage 5 is unlocked by flawlessly capturing Rayquaza in Stage 4.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    I'm assuming it's a Speed-running question.

In which case that's actually a slow time since some people have done it in like 2 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    If you go to YouTube and type in "Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Speed Run" (just one of them, though, don't type in "Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald"), you get lots of hits of people doing it in between 2 and 3 hours.
    Damn. I thought I was fast with my 6-8 hours gameplay not realife hours play >_>

Thanks for answering coz I didn't know it was called "Speed run" nya~
    "It's hard enough breaking a limited edition 3DS that a girl cherished,
    but breaking her feelings like a thin layer of ice is another thing..."

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Spirit View Post
    @Lord Fighting; MegaWile + Sucker Punch would be an idea. Otherwise anything that can hit hard on Ice Shard/Sucker Punch otherwise a listed counter/check.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Depends on what it's running. Special walls like pink blobs and Sylveon work if it doesn't have Trick, while Scizor and Aegislash work if it doesn't have HP Fire. Heatran works if it doesn't have Surf, while Azumarill and Togekiss work if it doesn't have Thunderbolt.

Faster Pokemon or those with priority can consistently revenge kill them, while Tyranitar is probably the most consistent #1 counter to both.
    Let me rephrase, how do I capture Latias and Latios in Pokemon Trozei. I don't know what support Pokemon to use because Absol just screws me over at the start of the level since it doesn't give u any Pokemon that are super so it's either bring something super effective against Absol and lose to latias and latios or use Rayquaza as my support to kill Latias and Latios at the end but by that time I'm already damaged too much so I just lose and there's no chancey's in the link box either. Global link is the European name for Pokemon Trozei.
    Last edited by Lord Fighting; 18th March 2014 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnivy View Post
    Also, should I consider replacing my Gardevoir's Protect with Shadow Ball for better coverage since his only offensive move is Moonblast?
    Definetly. Most Gardevoir's are offensive so unless you are using a wish + protect combo then you need shadow ball for coverage otherwise Gengar (normal) will easily kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    Definetly. Most Gardevoir's are offensive so unless you are using a wish + protect combo then you need shadow ball for coverage otherwise Gengar (normal) will easily kill you.
    I have a special set for Doubles so Protect comes in handy but M-Gardevoir gets 2HKO'ed by regular Gengar with no +SpDef nature and no EVs invested in SpAtk. Eh, I'll go ahead and replace it.

Page 809 of 838 FirstFirst ... 709759799805806807808809810811812813819 ... LastLast